College Pro Employee Reviews

Great Sales Pitch... Scam!
Painter, Durham Region (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 July 2017
Great company! only if you have the proper managers and subcontractors. Company has shown to be innovated but without proper management from franchisees (subcontractors) employees are working cash and not guaranteed anything ( hours, pay)
Company is a hit or miss depending on the Franchiesees running the show.
Pros
Chance to learn how Sub Contracting and industry knowledge works
Cons
Must have a proper Franchisees
flexible hours
Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 June 2017
It's a great position since its flexible hours and not at all bad. Salary is not bad but not enough if you're getting leads or estimates then you're just getting paid for walking around houses hanging flyers at their doorsteps.
Location where I market is far. So takes up time just transiting back and forth.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Location is far.
Create own hours and get to be outside.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 June 2017
A typical day at work consisted of knocking on doors and attempt to schedule free estimates. I personally enjoyed this job as it allowed me to have interactions with customers and develop skills in sales and marketing.
ok work place
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 June 2017
many students like me were hired but after a couple of weeks most were fired and payed only once, supervisor barley showed up, and the organization was horrible
Attention young people: stay away from this company.
painter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2017
It's a classic pyramid scheme i.e. the company sells 'franchises' to young college students and makes a ton of cash this way, the young
franchisees make a lot less, and the student painters at the bottom make little or nothing.
Pros
You learn that in this world there are people who will rip you off.
It's alright
Marketer (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC10 June 2017
For the job that I do as marketer it can get quite tiring and frustrating some days when you aren't able to get any estimates or leads. But you must know that it is a tiring job before you get into it.
Pros
Good pay if you can get leads
Cons
Tiring hours
Amazing
Painter (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON7 June 2017
Learnt a lot of life long skills. A job that is fun and rewarding with quite a but customer interaction. It's a balance of detailed oriented work that builds strength but also requires quite a bit of patience.

The best part about this job is the people you work with and the different jobs you get to complete. The hardest part of this job is paying attention to detail when it comes to making sure customer's property is clean and not covered with paint.
Pros
Lunches, Great energy.
Soliciting and Painting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB7 June 2017
College Pro Paints is a very interesting company to work for. I learned how to solicit in door to door sales.

The company ask daily how to make new tactics in soliciting. Painting in the work is a very fun job, and it only in summer.
Pros
You work how the way you wanted
Cons
Vehicles is needed because of long distance positions
minimal training
Franchise Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 June 2017
Get ready to work your but off. I really mean it, to make money with college pro you will need to live and breath the stuff.

Culture can be good and addicting, but more then anything this is a sales tactic to get you bought into the system.

Breaking down the numbers, you get minimal training and lose about half of your profits.
You could easily run half the size of the company and make the same amount of money on your own.
Pros
culture
Cons
long hours with minimal pay off
Havent got paid for my work hours yet
Painter (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 June 2017
Started working here at the beginning of May. First 2 days went well. Then it started going down hill from there. I didn't have a set schedule so i was guessing or waiting hours for my boss to reply to tell me when and where to be the next day. Some days i would get there when i was supposed to and no one else was there and i would be waiting there for over a half hour. There was lack of communication and professionalism here. They were not organized at all, no one knew what was going on until that day. I was promised things and never received them. And to top it all off i still have YET to get PAID for it all!!!!!
Cons
no communication, unorganized
Excellent first job
Door-to-Door Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 June 2017
Really enjoyed every moment working here except when they create fuss when payday comes, they just like to maintain their reputation on not paying their marketer on time or there full dues.
Tiring and not satisfying
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 May 2017
Walking around for about 3 or 4 hours a day without a break.
Having to go, even in a blizzard.
Management wouldn't tell you when you worked till a hour before. Hardest part was knowing you will disturb people eating. Best? Money?
Pros
Free dinner once
Cons
Cold, long hours
Decent summer job
Cold Calling and Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
Canvassed neighbourhoods in search of potential clients.
As College pro is a franchised company, reviews are strongly correlated to the franchise manager in charge,
College Pro Paints
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB12 May 2017
College Pro Paints is where I learn how to solicit door to door. I was a sales representative and I was very successful with sales.

The workplace culture is very relaxing it brings energy to get sales, because they give rewards if you win the competition.
Pros
Nice to work
Cons
Short Hours
good job short days and easy work
Door to door sales rep (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 May 2017
in a typical work day you walk for most of it so good exercise. knocking on doors talking to new people all day. management was good always there when you needed them. the hardest part is talking to new people. sometimes you have to deal with rude customers. the most enjoyable part of the job is you feel good with yourself with the exercies.
Pros
outside all day
Cons
rude customers
Amateur company with inexperienced leadership
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2017
Poor management which lead to many of us employees to lose thousands of dollars. Scam company that experiences lawsuits every year.

It is a company that is meant to teach young people / students how to be leaders; but in doing so, the people at the bottom always lose, while the people at the top always win. My GM had tried to tell me not to pay my employees so that I could pay the ridiculous franchise fees (30% of your revenue). My GM also tried to set up a fake deal with myself in order to save himself money (government assisted me and my GM was not awarded what he was asking for). There is no accountability to those that work in the General Manager position or higher.
Scam
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2017
Prey on college/university students. Avoid this sca-m at all costs. Best case scenario is you make $3/hour in the end. One minor mistake and it goes into the nega-ti-ve and you lose out on any kind of profit you would make. 30% royalty means that your margins are too tight. No place to base work off of and liable for any and all dam-ag-es that can be caused with no backing from the company itself. They operate based on sc-am-m-ing college/university students approx 6k each and the ones that do well and make profit (again at $3 an hour) lose out had they just worked 2 full time jobs in the summer and made more $

Hor=rible company. Only situation where I believe that there is a special place in he-ll for people that prey on young naiive students like that
I am no business student, but now I'm running a successful business.
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC17 April 2017
Signed up to run a business to make money and learn some leadership skills and wound up with a family, forming connections stronger than I've ever experienced.
It's an honour to be in this company.
They truly care for their managers and staff.
Join the tribe and you are family.
Pros
CULTURE is incredible. OPPORTUNITY is endless.
Cons
Not for full time science students. This opportunity is a lot of work.
Typical Call Center Environment
Customer Service Agent; Moment Maker (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 April 2017
Interesting workplace environment with various kinds of people focused on making customer service their number one aspect of the job; company itself is organized differently and has room for movement.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
High Monotony
Word hard, play hard
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
It will be a lot of work throughout the summer, however this work feels more fun than the vast majority of jobs. With a great team culture of young hard-working students you can work hard, and enjoy doing it with like-minded individuals. On top of this there are College Pro culture events where the whole company will get together to have some fun as a whole, which are a great time.
Pros
Skill development, good environment, and good money
Cons
A lot of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Pro. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval