College Pro Employee Reviews

Best group of people I've ever worked with
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
Working with College Pro at the full time level has been one of the most rewarding and most challenging experiences of my life. It is a crazy amount of work and effort required but the benefit is being able to work with an amazing group of people who consistently challenge and push you to be better. I have learned more in the past few years of coaching people than in any other jobs. Every day is different, there is a lot of autonomy but also a lot of support along the way. What makes it all worth it is the ability to work with a great group of people who support you in ways I have never experienced with a job before.
Pros
Unparalleled development, High level of support, Autonomy, Endless opportunities
Cons
Consistently challenged to hit potential, long hours, work on weekends
Great summer job
Exterior Painter (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON25 May 2016
Long work days, pay is very low for painter
Under estimating jobs
No benefits
Safety is an issue, no harnesses used
Labour job
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Safety
Franchise Owner Review
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
College Pro solves the problem most millennial grads bring up when getting into the job market. If you want to be ready to advance into a company, have the skill set to solve problems, and leading those the same age and older, this is the program to forge that. It is absolutely not for everyone, as it takes a lot of commitment and development to make it through the summer, but if it was easy everyone would do it.
Pros
incredible commitment to growing and developing the individuals
Cons
Long hours at the beginning of the summer.
Great place to jumpstart your career and learn a ton
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc2 December 2016
College Pro has offered me that structure and discipline to become a better business person. Throughout their training program and coaching, I learned multiple skills such has sales, marketing, HR, financials, managing conflicts and of course learn how to run my own business.

It is very rewarding to be part of such a performance driven business while meeting a ton of great people from all over North America. The culture is what has kept me around for many years.

If you are looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to grow, this is the place to go. Be ready to work as hard as you've ever done but the reward will be worth it.
Pros
Great culture, tons of development offered and challenging environment
Cons
A lot of work and time to put in
Always Room for Improvement
Part-time Marketer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 April 2016
A typical day at work consists of a three hour shift of going door to door to inform the residents of Dunbar of our company and what services we offer. The higher number of leads you get and the more estimates you book, the higher you get paid. I liked that aspect of the job because the amount you take home is how much effort and time you put into the job. The management was disorganized at times but at the most part, it was pretty organized. My supervisors were extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the business and my co-workers were all passionate on the job and very driven to work hard. The hardest part was definitely trying to persuade a customer to pick our services, however, once you are successful in doing so, it also becomes the best part of the job.
Pros
Great people to work with, not high pressure, flexible hours, lots of exercise
Cons
must work when there is poor weather, tiring to walk for hours
Unparalleled Development
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario2 December 2016
As a new entrepreneur, College Pro allowed me to get the hands-on experience RUNNING a business, with a COACH that enabled me to be successful, in my first attempt. Without question, it was the hardest thing I had ever done, as a University student -- but I also saw extraordinary development, independence and financial freedom as a result.

Because of my College Pro experience, I was able to graduate debt free, walk into a full time job upon graduation AND employ upwards of 10 peers during my summers.
Pros
Autonomy, Development, Culture, Potential for Income
Cons
Definitely the school of hard knocks, where you learn lessons the old fashioned way... by making mistakes and growing from them.
Great place to work and grow!
Field Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2016
Great place to go if you want to challenge yourself and see what you are made of. If you want to gradation the confidence and the ability to run and grow a business, college place is the place to apply!
Pros
Tonnes of growth! Great culture. Great opportunity for money.
Cons
Long hours at times
Good for Some, Not Good for Others
Franchise Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 July 2016
As a franchise manager, it's hard to say my experience was completely normal as some are more successful than others and it is area dependant. Unfortunately, Chatham-Kent is not the area that necessarily has the income to spend on painting. I feel like the training was mediocre and I didn't receive the support I needed and unfortunately it just overall wasn't a great experience. I learned a lot management-wise but never really made any money, lost it actually, which set me back significantly. I know my experience isn't typical and some people do have success.
Great Summer Job
Full time outdoor house painter (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC26 August 2016
I find that house painting was one of my favorite jobs I've had not only because of being out in the nice weather all day, but also working on projects as a team until you can all look at the end result you did together, which I learned is very satisfying. My boss was one of the hardest working, easiest to get along with guys I've ever met. He was very inspirational through the whole process as he guided us through the steps we would take to finish the job. My co-workers for the most part were extremely enjoyable to work with on a day to day basis. The hardest part of the job was painting all of the finer details on the houses where getting paint of something you shouldn't was almost inevitable, so you would have to either wipe it off quickly or, if you were too late and it dried already, get some methyl hydroxide and use some elbow grease until the spot came off. The most enjoyable part of the job was guiding the excited customers around their freshly painted house and having them tell you that it looks perfect, no spots missed.
Pros
Working in nice weather, Nice customers
Cons
Transportation unpaid for
Very Enjoyable work environment despite the challenges and timetables
Outdoor Painter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 November 2016
I very much enjoyed my time with College Pro and would definable recommend my employer to others searching for a well-paying job. The work is hard, but the time spent with the team and customers, as well as the pay, are worth it.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Unstable work hours
Non-productive workplace that never pays you on time
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 November 2016
Was hired as a marketer & consistently had to chase down our boss for our paycheques & he insisted we were on the books but refused to pay us anything other than cash. There were times when I went a full month without being paid and he simply wouldnt return our calls, texts OR emails.
Not always productive
Student Painter (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 May 2016
Coworkers were great
Management was not really good, didn't come in on time
Made it unfair to workers who arrived to work on time but manager was not present which meant workers are not getting paid from the time they arrived, instead had to wait sometimes up to 2 hours for management to show up for work to start
Never had any pay stubs received
Pros
Meeting new clients
Cons
Everything Else
Productive and fun place with loads of travel
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 August 2016
A typical day involves working outdoors with residential home owners to sign painting contracts. Ample opportunity to meet people and pitch for sales.Hardest part of the job is continuous travelling.
Pros
Incentives on successful leads
Cons
Unstable job as demand is seasonal
different workplace everyday
Window cleaning technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, ON21 September 2016
Job required a lot of labor. Team was necessary to produce perfect and efficient work. Every day, there are different house to clean. Hardest part was the sun was burning most of time.
Cons
burning sun.
Great workplace for the summer
Lead Painter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 September 2016
Good for summer work and great for younger business students looking to run a business for the summer . Depending on what team of painters you get will very much depending on your experience at College Pro.
College Pro isn't About Balance,
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 November 2016
College Pro isn't about work/life balance, CP is about doing the extraordinary in the aim of achieving the extraordinary.

If you're looking for a 9-5, like to dabble in as many things as possible or value your Netflix progress more than your personal development, then please... RUN.

This isn't for the faint of heart, it's hard, College Pro is extremely challenging and 90% of you reading this right now probably aren't willing to make the sacrifices needed to run a business. And that's okay. There are two types of people in this world, employees and employers and at College Pro you get the chance at the later, to run your own business in a safe environment where you're surrounded by some serious beauties all aimed at the same thing, reaching their personal greatness.

College Pro is for those who are unsatisfied with their current trajectory and want to step into the driver seat of their own life. Yes, you will work your butt off, but the beauty is that unlike most everyone else who works hard at their job, here, you're the boss and you get to choose exactly how hard you work and you get rewarded for exactly how much effort you put forward, what a beautiful thing.

If you're lazy, addicted to SnapChat, get knocked down when things don't go your way, etc, then please, stay away. This company is for those looking to slay a dragon and become the hero in their life. College Pro is a pressure cooker for attaining massive growth in the shortest amount of time possible.

Anyone who has written a bad review about this company simply wasn't cut out for it, a "bad hire",
  more... because this is a "choose your own adventure" book and you're in control of the entire thing. The full-time staff work tirelessly to help the franchisees achieve success, we have a dialed training program that's been fine tuned over decades of perfecting the recipe.
The success or failure of an individual rests on that person alone. This isn't a job, this is lifestyle, a bootcamp and a family, and if you're looking to realize your greatest potential, then look no further.
Pros
Learn to run a business, sharpen your leadership, build friendships, make as much money as your efforts are worth (chew on that one a bit), Unreal coaching
Cons
Hard work (haha just kidding, this is hardly a "con", hard work is the price of greatness)
good
Peintre (Former Employee) –  Laurentides, QC2 November 2016
Good place to work, everyone is kind ans the job is really great.
I only worked there for the summer but it was a perfect place to learn.
Great people to work with
Marketer/Painter/Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 June 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I got to work with. They're all great people and made a rough day working in the sun and sweating profusely, more enjoyable.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Other things
marking for college pro
Marketing (Casual) (Former Employee) –  N/A29 July 2016
My job was to market the company by going to door to do and asking people if they would like to get there house re-painted. was not the best job in the world.
I love the line of work.
Job Site Manager. (Current Employee) –  Location dependent on client.5 August 2013
A typical day at work includes talking with the customer while walking around the house to give a clear expectation of what was to be done and when they should expect it completed.

To complete a project we would do three laps around the home. First prep the home for painting, second paint all of the siding, and finally paint all of the fascia and trim. By this process I learned how to organize a project by setting goals and how to accomplish those goals one at a time by delegating tasks and working quickly.

I was fortunate to have a great team that was very easy to get along with. By the end of the summer there was not anyone on my team that I did not remain in contact with.

Overall I loved the work. I Enjoy painting, being outside and working with a productive crew. But the company its self was far from organised.This effected me on almost every project.
Pros
Great work, good employees, and long hours.
Cons
No scheduled breaks aside from lunch, compensation was sometimes up to 2 months late, working materials were not always available, so you might have to wait at the job site off the clock for upwards to 2 hours. No paid training.