College Pro Employee Reviews

I am no business student, but now I'm running a successful business.
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC17 April 2017
Signed up to run a business to make money and learn some leadership skills and wound up with a family, forming connections stronger than I've ever experienced.
It's an honour to be in this company.
They truly care for their managers and staff.
Join the tribe and you are family.
Pros
CULTURE is incredible. OPPORTUNITY is endless.
Cons
Not for full time science students. This opportunity is a lot of work.
Word hard, play hard
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
It will be a lot of work throughout the summer, however this work feels more fun than the vast majority of jobs. With a great team culture of young hard-working students you can work hard, and enjoy doing it with like-minded individuals. On top of this there are College Pro culture events where the whole company will get together to have some fun as a whole, which are a great time.
Pros
Skill development, good environment, and good money
Cons
A lot of work
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
I've worked for College Pro for a few years now and can say that I've never had an experience like it. Being a student, it can be difficult to find employment that will really help move forward your experience and really expand your capacity. Students are often stuck in the vicious circle of not being able to get a job without experience and not being able to get experience without a job. Thank you, College Pro for not leaving me stuck.
Pros
Great people, great experience, fun work environment
Join a community and build your own skill set
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 March 2017
Great program for self-development; teaches independent thought, management, sales and individual development. The job is what you make of it, and for me personally it has been a great experience of learning what my limits are, how to push those limits and constantly learning how to improve myself. I have an amazing network of friends and colleges through this company, get to meet amazing people who inspire me in ways I never would have thought of, and have grown the amount of confidence and self-worth I had before to much higher levels.
Awesome!
Exterior maintenance painter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 March 2017
Great atmosphere! Great boss!

I woke up every morning excited to go to work and see my co-workers every day. Its nice to be out in the sunshine always having something to do!

A lot of work!
Gotta have a grin!
Pros
youre in the sun, youre fit, and healthy
Cons
exhausting at times
Great place to work and build relationships.
Marketing Representative & Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON21 March 2017
This job offers good practice with marketing as well as labour. Perfect job to work on your networking and social skills, while also having the opportunity of working outdoors in the summer. Can't think of a better job as a student.
Productive work with fun people
Painter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
A typical day was long and often in high heat painting the exterior of houses. I learned how to prep and paint the exterior of houses as well as communication skills from interacting with customers to make sure they were satisfied with the job when it was finished. Management was hit and miss, this is because of a wide range of experience between managers many are first time managers while some have lots of experience. The other painters I worked with were fun and hardworking. This made the days fun and productive. The hardest part about the job was the heat and staying hydrated. Working all day in the sun is exhausting and staying hydrated is important. The most enjoyable part was spending time with other painters and seeing how repainting a house can really make a difference in its appearance.
Really fun place to work!
GM (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 March 2017
College Pro is a place where hard work matters. It's about a fun work culture and a never say die attitude. CP will teach you how to run your own business and let you have fun doing it.
Pros
Great growth
Hard work
General Painter (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 March 2017
i worked very hard for a whole summer and felt lied to and cheated. i was told that i was going to make around $10-15K during the summer if i worked hard enough. Not only did i work hard enough but i was the 26th fastest and most efficient painter in Canada according to the companies numbers yet i only made 7.4K.
Peace Rate Work - Check Credentials of your Manager
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2017
8 - 10 hour days
I learned a lot about my ability to work under pressure, both physical and mental. Additionally, I developed teamwork skills, customer skills, and minor management skills.

Workplace culture entirely depends on the attitude of your Job Site manager and fellow painters.

Hardest part: Peace rate pay can be very stressful

Most enjoyable: Being outside working with your friends

Ultimately: You get out, what you put in. That is... if you work hard, the results will come. But, make sure your Job Site manager is experienced and honest!!!
I loved working for College Pro
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 March 2017
The management at College Pro was incredibly understand of a students needs and made working a job that would otherwise have been unappealing very fun. The Door to door commission based job that I was expecting to be a terrible time offered flexibility in hours, the ability and incentive to improve my sales abilities and face to face people skills. It made me feel almost as thought I were my own boss.
It is of coarse difficult to love a job that entails almost constant rejection and working through the rainy season but the manager did everything she possibly could to ensure that every other part of the job was fun.
Fun work environment with challenges
Painter/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2017
I really enjoyed this job because each painting site we would go to would be a different challenge to over come with different obstacles and it would drive us to be faster and more efficient to get more money. Our manager was very reasonable with rainy days and giving us bonuses and work parties. A very fun work environment and would suggest everyone to paint at least one summer in their life because it is a great life skill.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days
A Trajectory for Impressive Self Development
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon21 February 2017
For three of my five years of University I ran a College Pro franchise in the summer. While being a more than full-time position in the summer it was also a heavy part-time job February to April. A heavy part-time job where I could to pick my own hours and decide how productive and efficient I wanted to be while I was working.

This taught me self-discipline as well as how to motivate myself out of ruts and difficult times that come and go as an entrepreneur. Impressive lessons as a 19-21 year old.

Running my own business gave me an outlet to pour my energy and passion into. I took the energy and passion I was pouring into fast food/retail jobs as well partying on the weekends and re-directed it toward running my own business. A business that I could to build and mold on my own with the help and direction of College Pro. And while it may 'just be a painting business', the simplicity and scalability of that service based business is what I attribute my success and now business knowledge to.

After running a franchise for three years and graduating from business school I was offered the position to be the General Manager of Saskatchewan. Doing the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and coaching of 15+ franchise owners across the province.

A salary position, with a fair bonus structure, I was in my haven. Now continuing in this position the learning is twice as much as it was while running my own franchise. As Peter Parker's uncle Ben once said, "With great power comes great responsibility" and I am forever grateful for the responsibility College Pro has trusted
  more... me with and the lessons and learning it continues to bring.  less
Pros
Independence, Skill Development, The Many Roles & Learning, Being In Control, Support
Cons
Always Something to Do, Franchisee's Quitting, Unreasonable Customers
Second to None Life Experience
Franchisee Owner (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon21 February 2017
College Pro is a short-term platform for any student looking to gain massive trajectory forward in their own skill development and experience.

The program was eight months while I was in my second year of university and although I made a large amount of money that summer I would still say the experience I gained and lessons I learned far outreach the money I made.

The experience in 100% what you make of it.
A student entrepreneur can externalize and pout all they want but in a real business setting you get out of it what you put into it.
And for that reason this program is not for everyone.

Thanks College Pro for all the life lessons you've taught me.
Pros
You always feel like you can be doing something
Cons
You always feel like you can be doing something
Great place to earn/learn
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Dunbar-Southlands, BC15 February 2017
I have worked with College Pro for 3 years now. I have learned so much about business and leadership. It is a very hard job painting and marketing and you are paid on results. It forces you to hold yourself accountable.
Pros
Learning, co workers (very postive), Money was quite good compared to simlar postions
Cons
Have to work in all conditions and sometimes deal with hard customers
Great place to learn and grow while making great money.
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 February 2017
College Pro is not for the faint of heart. It is a company dedicated to teaching how to start up and run a successful company by teaching skills such as sales, marketing, problem solving, customer service, innovation, priority management, financial management, and many more. However, this education and skill set doesn't come easy; it is expected (as with all start up businesses) that you will work extremely hard to develop your franchise and yourself to become successful. It is an education like no other in that you are immersed into a fun-loving, yet performance driven culture, that will yield skills you will use for the rest of your life. It has been the most difficult 2 years of my life, but also the most rewarding.
Pros
unparalleled education, great money to those who focus on development and learning.
Cons
long hours, lots of work, lots of being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Great Summer Job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Port Carling, ON3 February 2017
Work environment was good. Long hours and hard work but really nice to be working outside. Good job idea for college or university students home for the summer.
One of the best places to work
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2017
College Pro offers you a rewarding position as well as a positive, social culture. It combines networking, reaching goals and improving yourself while staying professional and fun.
Franchisee- Learned A Lot!
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 January 2017
I was a franchisee for two years while in university. This was totally different from any job of my peers, but the things I was doing was way ahead. Managing people, managing jobsite, dealing with customers, marketing and sales, problem solving (every day!) was immense, and will help me in my life even besides the business skills. I had a lot of fun, made a good chunk of money and loved the culture. Would recommend for anyone looking to advance themselves, and discover yourself more introspectively. It's a lot of work though, and tough days to get through- not everyone can be successful. That's just business.
Pros
Learning, Skill Development, Control, Money
Cons
Takes a lot of effort, physically and mentally
Great Experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Working with College Pro is like nothing you'll get anywhere else. Not only do students get pretty wicked job experience, but the life experience in a position like this is beyond anything I could have expected coming into his job in my first year of university. The opportunity to take on a role like this at such a young age has really changed my life and outlook.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Pro. Our community is ready to answer.