College Pro Employee Reviews in Canada

Busy Outdoor Summer Job
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 1, 2016
A typical work day started around 7am as I get ready for my first job at 8am. I pick up my team from a preset location and we drive to the first job. I go to greet the customer and inform them on the job we will be performing and give them a rough estimate of how long it will take and who my crew consists of. While I do this, my team unloads my car and set up all the equipment. One job typically takes around 1-2 hours and there around usually around 3-5 jobs a day. By the end of the day, I drop my team off at the same location I picked them up and I head home to input data onto the College Pro system used to keep track of sales and customers. After this, I call customers in order to set up more jobs for upcoming weeks and market the company until 9pm. I learned a lot about myself and the workload that I could personally handle, I learned a vast amount of skills ranging from attention to detail to leadership. My co-workers were always students that I had picked myself so I thoroughly enjoyed working with my team on most days. The hardest parts of the job would be the long days and the best parts of the job were the people.
Pros
Get to work with students, costumers are very friendly, outdoors, developed a huge variety of business and leadership skills
Cons
Very long work days and weeks, a lot of time commitment
Great job to gain experience
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2015
Not a job you would see as a career however it would be a great job for young adolescents just starting to make their way into the working life to gain experience.
Productive and great co-workers/manager
Window Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 26, 2013
-A typical day consisted of marketing to create job oppertunities and washing/cleaning windows and eavesdrops
-I learned how to organize and adjust my schedule in order to become a successful employee and I learned how to clean windows
-The management was very professional and the co-workers were extremely friendly and fun to work with
-The hardest part of my job was cleaning eavesdrops and circlular windows
-The most enjoyable part of my job was booking jobs
Pros
great staff
Cons
long hours, extremely low pay
Amazing
Opreration Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCFebruary 11, 2015
Painter

Drive to job site.
Tools are already there and waiting. Manager walks you through expectations. Meet the customer and introduce your selves. 15 minutes of marketing (this is an opportunity to book more work and make bonuses). Start painting and keep quality and efficiency up. Tools are limited to portable tool space and tool hub as to not damage or make mess of job-site. Clean up at end of day and prep for tomorrow.
Pros
there is lots of room for advancement and we provide some events and getaways.
Cons
we are strict and expect "your" best for "our" best.
fun worplace
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2014
• Planned budgets and met scheduled financial goals
• Provided professional sales to customers
• On-site team management, production and marketing team.
• Ensured safety regiments where followed on-site according to WSIB standards
Very fun job
College Pro (Former Employee) –  Toronto OntarioAugust 10, 2015
Would walk door to door asking people around the city if they are in need of a paint job of either interior or exterior of there home. I learned to be more confident when speaking to random people. Worked by myself. Hardest part of the job was speaking to old people because I had to speak very loud which I'm not used to. The most enjoyable part was getting outside.
Fun job unfortunate Management
Painter (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, MBMarch 14, 2013
Normally to start the say my team and I would arrive on a job site and start our tasks. Sometimes they were continuing painting from the previous day and sometimes it was starting a new location all together. I learnt some very useful problem solving skills when it came to working without all necessary tools, the skills of improvising with what we had.
Unfortunately, I found the management that I worked for to be very disorganized and irresponsible, although I'm sure that is not the case with all franchise managers.
I really enjoyed working with my team all in all we had a lot of fun while working hard to get the job done within budget. The hardest part of the job even though it was a very physically demanding one was dealing with the disorganization of my manager and their lack of leadership. Untimely, I really enjoyed the work itself the change in location and work was challenging and stimulating while very comprehensible.
Pros
co workers
Cons
disorganized
Work Hard, Play Hard Environment
Senior Franchisee (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 9, 2013
Definitely one of the best places I have worked, clean windows during the day and market in the evenings. Management was very supportive as well as coworkers. The hardest part about the job was making it through the ups and downs as your business goes through alot of turbulences before it breaks even. The best part about the job by far were the people, customers, coworkers, and management were all respectable. We would go on company trips as well which made the time spent with the company very enjoyable.
Pros
great money, great people, balanced lifestyle
Cons
decline in profits, employees quitting, and large expenses
Work under Hot and Wet~
Painter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2013
Learn Printing skill
Even you work hard, it is hard to earn good money~
Pros
see different house in the summer
Cons
too hard to earn good money
Learning how to further my knowledge in marketing
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 6, 2015
While working for College Pro my social skills were tested to extreme amounts. I had to deal with unhappy customers while being at their home. My manager was amazing and always provided us with excellent information and examples on how to be a better specialist.
Extremely time consuming work
Franshisee (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 13, 2014
Long hard work, organizing people, equipment and a plan each day is very difficult and often very time consuming. Have to have the right mindset/work ethic. Overall a valuable experience, just not easy. Learning a lot.
Great outside seasonal work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2014
We would work in with a partner to do each job. We did outside painting so it was nice and warm most days. The hardest part was probably the heavy lifting of the paint or going on the ladders, if you are scared of heights.
Pros
outside