College Pro Employee Reviews

CPP - Get ready for a rollercoaster
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 February 2018
In the words of Elon Musk - "starting a business is like eating glass and staring into the abyss" This is a fantastic summation for what it is like to be a franchise manager at College Pro. It is an absolute grind, and a rollercoaster from start to finish, but it is the best and most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life. If you have the opportunity to be an FM with CPP, you need to take it.
Didn't mind the work, poor management
Painter (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 February 2018
I enjoyed the work itself, but the people that we're in charge of everything we're not very fair to myself and the others in my crew, which resulting in us all leaving the company.
Pros
Fun work, good hours, good people on jobsites
Cons
Bad management, not very good pay
Changed My Life
Senior Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Muskoka, ON25 January 2018
I would not be where I am today without College Pro. It has truly changed my life and made me who I am today. It is truly the "real world MBA" and instead of going into debt learning you make more than everyone your age.
Massive development capacity
FRANCHISE OWNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2018
College Pro allowed me to pursue a leadership life style on a new level. I have developed supportive and creative friendships with like minded high performing people.
With experience dealing with the college pro brand and meeting some of the managers, i dont see how anyone could do it better
Exterior painting project manager (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC15 January 2018
My experience with college pro has been amazing. unlike any other contractor, they arent worried about profit or finishing the job quickly, instead they focus on how to treat the customer, work independently and confidently at what they do. There is no company i would trust more to cover my house in paint than college pro painters
Pros
Would bring me coffee, nicest people ever, great service, great paint job
Cons
they work really long hours because they are motivated so let them know when you need quiet time
Great place to start
Painter (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC9 January 2018
As my first job as a painter, I learned the process of a successful project, along with the basic skills for exterior repaints from prep work to finishing.
Poor Management
Painter (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON3 January 2018
Overall I had fun painting and working for college pro. However the management and supervision could have been improved. Was often late on getting paid and there was very poor communication between the manager and I.
Pros
Very flexible on leaving early for certain reasons and working with my schedule
Cons
was very hard to get a hold of manager and never got paid on time.
Very fun and interactive job tasks. Hiring at different locations creates great exposure!
Painter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 December 2017
Working at college pro painters was a very good experience in different aspects of my life. A typical day would start by a drive to the job which was something i was always enthusiastic about. Our job tasks included scraping, paving and painting with different brushes.I learnt a lot about time management and good leadership skills through my leader. However sometimes we got our paychecks late.
Pros
You learn while you earn
Cons
Sometimes franchise owners are not honest to the employees
Poor budgeting and unsafe work conditions.
Painter/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 December 2017
You are encouraged to "beat the budget", but more often than not, this proves to be mathematically impossible. My boss had hardly any more experience than I did with painting houses (I had none). This is the biggest complaint: we were not properly trained on safety harnesses, and we were encouraged to work on the roof barefoot in order to avoid falling. I was not comfortable in this work environment. I didn't feel like there was anyone competent to whom I could answer.
Pros
Working outside.
Cons
Unsafe, poor pay, inadequate equipment.
Overall experience
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Aurora, Ontario13 December 2017
When I first joined College Pro as a franchisee, I didn’t really know what to expect, I was a painter the previous year but other then that I really didn’t have a clear feeling for it. Once I became I franchisee I quickly learned that it doesn’t matter who you are or what your story is if you come willing to work hard and give it your all everyday College Pro has the coaches, experience and skills to make your goals happen.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Have to make sacrifices

Want to know more about College Pro?

Ask a question
Wild skill development, great training, great culture! WOULD RECOMMEND A++
FRANCHISE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2017
College Pro was something I looked into skeptically as a young university student. I was looking for something to work at aside from school that would build my skills in a different more hands-on way. When I started the interview process for this role I realized very quickly that this program offered a lot of skill development and that I was onto something that would change the trajectory of my life. After 4 years of working with them I am still here and happy with all of the personal work I have done on myself to make me a better entrepreneur and a better person. I wouldn't have grown half as much by now without the intensive coaching I have got through the program. I am happy to say that this has been a good chapter in my life and this program has given me the mindset I needed to be a successful entrepreneur in the real world with my own ideas. For the right fit-- this job is an unparalleled stepping stone for the future, with low-risk for an excited future entrepreneur looking for the hands-on knowledge on how to run a business and master yourself personally.
Pros
Great team culture, great training, autonomy, skill development
Cons
A lot of hours
Great growth and learning environment
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2017
Had some of the best years of my life working in this environment. Loved the challenges, colleagues i worked with, coaches and mentors. It was by far the toughest thing i ever did, but also rewarding!
fun place
Painter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2017
opening and cash
learned to help customers
learned cash maagemtn
calm clean comfortable environment to work in
lefting 60 lbs
closing the shop on own
Learn to be your own boss
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  MONTREAL CANADA13 October 2017
College Pro is the best company if you want to be an entrepreneur. They offer a very complete program where they teach you all you need to know to spread your wings in your first entrepreneurial experience.
I highly recommend College Pro if you want to build your company but don't know where to start.
good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 October 2017
Working with College pro was good. I got a chance to express my excellent communication skills, alongside i got the chance to know more about the community.
Productive workplace, very inclusive.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 October 2017
College Pro taught me how many valuable life skills. They taught me how to work autonomously, how to problem solve and also how to paint a fascia. Overall an exellent company.
Pros
Flexible hours, worked with friends
Cons
Some houses werent meant to be re painted
Good company, with great people.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 October 2017
Great company to work for...great clientele, clear specs on every job and safe job sites. My only real quarrel about the company would be that it operates on a seasonal basis...that aside, great company.
Fun Job with results
PAINTER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 October 2017
A typical day includes sanding, scraping, priming and painting. Very well managed always had the supplies we needed and if we didn't we would get them asap. worked with some amazing people one of the best parts of the job is working with fellow students and hearing about their experiences. Pay was great in the way the faster you get the job done the better you get paid, which is a great incentive to keep working.
Pros
Transfored ugly homes into beautiful ones.
Cons
Long days of physical work
Peinturer 7 jours/semaine
Peintre/Gérant de chantier (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC23 September 2017
Une journée typique est de peinturer à longueur de journée. Travail presque toujours 7 jours/semaine
decent labour job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2017
the boss i had didnt care that i would paint 3 sides of a house meanwhile my coworker painted 1 side of the house and still earned a higher salary than me. althought he is kind and often bought us snacks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Pro. Our community is ready to answer.