College Pro Employee Reviews

Awesome!
Exterior maintenance painter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 March 2017
Great atmosphere! Great boss!

I woke up every morning excited to go to work and see my co-workers every day. Its nice to be out in the sunshine always having something to do!

A lot of work!
Gotta have a grin!
Pros
youre in the sun, youre fit, and healthy
Cons
exhausting at times
Great place to work and build relationships.
Marketing Representative & Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON21 March 2017
This job offers good practice with marketing as well as labour. Perfect job to work on your networking and social skills, while also having the opportunity of working outdoors in the summer. Can't think of a better job as a student.
Really fun place to work!
GM (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 March 2017
College Pro is a place where hard work matters. It's about a fun work culture and a never say die attitude. CP will teach you how to run your own business and let you have fun doing it.
Pros
Great growth
Hard work
General Painter (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 March 2017
i worked very hard for a whole summer and felt lied to and cheated. i was told that i was going to make around $10-15K during the summer if i worked hard enough. Not only did i work hard enough but i was the 26th fastest and most efficient painter in Canada according to the companies numbers yet i only made 7.4K.
Peace Rate Work - Check Credentials of your Manager
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2017
8 - 10 hour days
I learned a lot about my ability to work under pressure, both physical and mental. Additionally, I developed teamwork skills, customer skills, and minor management skills.

Workplace culture entirely depends on the attitude of your Job Site manager and fellow painters.

Hardest part: Peace rate pay can be very stressful

Most enjoyable: Being outside working with your friends

Ultimately: You get out, what you put in. That is... if you work hard, the results will come. But, make sure your Job Site manager is experienced and honest!!!
I loved working for College Pro
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 March 2017
The management at College Pro was incredibly understand of a students needs and made working a job that would otherwise have been unappealing very fun. The Door to door commission based job that I was expecting to be a terrible time offered flexibility in hours, the ability and incentive to improve my sales abilities and face to face people skills. It made me feel almost as thought I were my own boss.
It is of coarse difficult to love a job that entails almost constant rejection and working through the rainy season but the manager did everything she possibly could to ensure that every other part of the job was fun.
Fun work environment with challenges
Painter/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2017
I really enjoyed this job because each painting site we would go to would be a different challenge to over come with different obstacles and it would drive us to be faster and more efficient to get more money. Our manager was very reasonable with rainy days and giving us bonuses and work parties. A very fun work environment and would suggest everyone to paint at least one summer in their life because it is a great life skill.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days
A Trajectory for Impressive Self Development
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon21 February 2017
For three of my five years of University I ran a College Pro franchise in the summer. While being a more than full-time position in the summer it was also a heavy part-time job February to April. A heavy part-time job where I could to pick my own hours and decide how productive and efficient I wanted to be while I was working.

This taught me self-discipline as well as how to motivate myself out of ruts and difficult times that come and go as an entrepreneur. Impressive lessons as a 19-21 year old.

Running my own business gave me an outlet to pour my energy and passion into. I took the energy and passion I was pouring into fast food/retail jobs as well partying on the weekends and re-directed it toward running my own business. A business that I could to build and mold on my own with the help and direction of College Pro. And while it may 'just be a painting business', the simplicity and scalability of that service based business is what I attribute my success and now business knowledge to.

After running a franchise for three years and graduating from business school I was offered the position to be the General Manager of Saskatchewan. Doing the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and coaching of 15+ franchise owners across the province.

A salary position, with a fair bonus structure, I was in my haven. Now continuing in this position the learning is twice as much as it was while running my own franchise. As Peter Parker's uncle Ben once said, "With great power comes great responsibility" and I am forever grateful for the responsibility College Pro has trusted
  more... me with and the lessons and learning it continues to bring.  less
Pros
Independence, Skill Development, The Many Roles & Learning, Being In Control, Support
Cons
Always Something to Do, Franchisee's Quitting, Unreasonable Customers
Second to None Life Experience
Franchisee Owner (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon21 February 2017
College Pro is a short-term platform for any student looking to gain massive trajectory forward in their own skill development and experience.

The program was eight months while I was in my second year of university and although I made a large amount of money that summer I would still say the experience I gained and lessons I learned far outreach the money I made.

The experience in 100% what you make of it.
A student entrepreneur can externalize and pout all they want but in a real business setting you get out of it what you put into it.
And for that reason this program is not for everyone.

Thanks College Pro for all the life lessons you've taught me.
Pros
You always feel like you can be doing something
Cons
You always feel like you can be doing something
Great place to earn/learn
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Dunbar-Southlands, BC15 February 2017
I have worked with College Pro for 3 years now. I have learned so much about business and leadership. It is a very hard job painting and marketing and you are paid on results. It forces you to hold yourself accountable.
Pros
Learning, co workers (very postive), Money was quite good compared to simlar postions
Cons
Have to work in all conditions and sometimes deal with hard customers
Great place to learn and grow while making great money.
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 February 2017
College Pro is not for the faint of heart. It is a company dedicated to teaching how to start up and run a successful company by teaching skills such as sales, marketing, problem solving, customer service, innovation, priority management, financial management, and many more. However, this education and skill set doesn't come easy; it is expected (as with all start up businesses) that you will work extremely hard to develop your franchise and yourself to become successful. It is an education like no other in that you are immersed into a fun-loving, yet performance driven culture, that will yield skills you will use for the rest of your life. It has been the most difficult 2 years of my life, but also the most rewarding.
Pros
unparalleled education, great money to those who focus on development and learning.
Cons
long hours, lots of work, lots of being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Great Summer Job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Port Carling, ON3 February 2017
Work environment was good. Long hours and hard work but really nice to be working outside. Good job idea for college or university students home for the summer.
One of the best places to work
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2017
College Pro offers you a rewarding position as well as a positive, social culture. It combines networking, reaching goals and improving yourself while staying professional and fun.
Franchisee- Learned A Lot!
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 January 2017
I was a franchisee for two years while in university. This was totally different from any job of my peers, but the things I was doing was way ahead. Managing people, managing jobsite, dealing with customers, marketing and sales, problem solving (every day!) was immense, and will help me in my life even besides the business skills. I had a lot of fun, made a good chunk of money and loved the culture. Would recommend for anyone looking to advance themselves, and discover yourself more introspectively. It's a lot of work though, and tough days to get through- not everyone can be successful. That's just business.
Pros
Learning, Skill Development, Control, Money
Cons
Takes a lot of effort, physically and mentally
Great Experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Working with College Pro is like nothing you'll get anywhere else. Not only do students get pretty wicked job experience, but the life experience in a position like this is beyond anything I could have expected coming into his job in my first year of university. The opportunity to take on a role like this at such a young age has really changed my life and outlook.
knocking on doors and getting rejected all the time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 January 2017
had to walk around neighbourhoods knocking on doors and trying to sell a paint job from college pro was actually one of the most fun experiences I had as a teenager trying to make quick cash
Genuine Company Who Support the Growth Of Students
Franchise Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 December 2016
From my personal experience, the Franchise Manager role is one of the very best opportunities for ambitious University students.

During 8 months in Victoria I staffed over 30 painters/marketer, painted over 100 homes and made over 75k.

As a university student with very little formal experience I was taught everything from the fundamentals of selling, to interviewing, to financials, to expanding a business from the ground up. All from the very best coaches who's #1 focus is to grow the students.

If you are a university student who does not quite know where they want to take their degree, a recent graduate, or a supportive parent, this is an opportunity worth looking into.
Pros
No cap on success, best business coaching available
Cons
Long hours during the front half of the summer
Excellent leadership opportunity for the right student looking to grow and develop!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Canada16 December 2016
College Pro is an amazing opportunity for students who want to grow and develop as a person. I was able to develop invaluable skills such as leadership skills, communication skills and time management skills.
Pros
Skill development, culture, and ability to grown within the company.
Cons
Long hours and hard work some days.
Unbeatable Experience
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2016
This was by far the most challenging and most rewarding experience of my life. I spent 4 full summers running my Business with College Pro while I was a full-time student. The experiences I went through were challenging, but well worth it. Learning how to run a business in a real world environment is next to none. The culture is amazing, the learning is unbeatable, and hey its pretty good cash. If you're looking for an experience that will separate yourself from your peers, something that will grow you as a person and something that will challenge you like never before, you're in the right spot. Not everyone is cut out for it, but for those who are right for the role, you wont regret it.
Pros
Experience, learning, challenge, real-world experience
Cons
Challenging
Great place to jumpstart your career and learn a ton
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc2 December 2016
College Pro has offered me that structure and discipline to become a better business person. Throughout their training program and coaching, I learned multiple skills such has sales, marketing, HR, financials, managing conflicts and of course learn how to run my own business.

It is very rewarding to be part of such a performance driven business while meeting a ton of great people from all over North America. The culture is what has kept me around for many years.

If you are looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to grow, this is the place to go. Be ready to work as hard as you've ever done but the reward will be worth it.
Pros
Great culture, tons of development offered and challenging environment
Cons
A lot of work and time to put in
Official response from College Pro
December 13, 2016

Thanks for sharing your perspective, Montreal! We often hear our program referred to as a "career accelerator." Glad to see you took away such valuable lessons. We are happy to have you on board!! ---College Pro Marketing & Events Coordinator