College Pro Employee Reviews

Great growth and learning environment
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2017
Had some of the best years of my life working in this environment. Loved the challenges, colleagues i worked with, coaches and mentors. It was by far the toughest thing i ever did, but also rewarding!
fun place
Painter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2017
opening and cash
learned to help customers
learned cash maagemtn
calm clean comfortable environment to work in
lefting 60 lbs
closing the shop on own
Learn to be your own boss
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  MONTREAL CANADA13 October 2017
College Pro is the best company if you want to be an entrepreneur. They offer a very complete program where they teach you all you need to know to spread your wings in your first entrepreneurial experience.
I highly recommend College Pro if you want to build your company but don't know where to start.
good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 October 2017
Working with College pro was good. I got a chance to express my excellent communication skills, alongside i got the chance to know more about the community.
Productive workplace, very inclusive.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 October 2017
College Pro taught me how many valuable life skills. They taught me how to work autonomously, how to problem solve and also how to paint a fascia. Overall an exellent company.
Pros
Flexible hours, worked with friends
Cons
Some houses werent meant to be re painted
Good company, with great people.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 October 2017
Great company to work for...great clientele, clear specs on every job and safe job sites. My only real quarrel about the company would be that it operates on a seasonal basis...that aside, great company.
Fun Job with results
PAINTER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 October 2017
A typical day includes sanding, scraping, priming and painting. Very well managed always had the supplies we needed and if we didn't we would get them asap. worked with some amazing people one of the best parts of the job is working with fellow students and hearing about their experiences. Pay was great in the way the faster you get the job done the better you get paid, which is a great incentive to keep working.
Pros
Transfored ugly homes into beautiful ones.
Cons
Long days of physical work
Peinturer 7 jours/semaine
Peintre/Gérant de chantier (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC23 September 2017
Une journée typique est de peinturer à longueur de journée. Travail presque toujours 7 jours/semaine
decent labour job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2017
the boss i had didnt care that i would paint 3 sides of a house meanwhile my coworker painted 1 side of the house and still earned a higher salary than me. althought he is kind and often bought us snacks.
Outgoing and motivational
Door to Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON1 September 2017
Door to door sales was very rewarding and motivating since I was not only paid on a hourly salary. I enjoyed being outdoors and trying to beat my prior sales records and achieve progress day after day.
Pros
Results oriented and enjoyed the nice whether
Cons
Lots of walking
11 September 2017

Thanks for your review! Our pay structure is performance based, and hitting and beating budgets is the ultimate goal. Happy to see you found this so motivating and rewarding! Best of luck with your future endeavors.

Fun productive work place
Seasonal Painter (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK and surrounding areas30 August 2017
Didn't mind working there at all but the wage could have been higher for the fast paced work done there. I enjoyed working there until a the part owner started managing things. He had a low temper.
Pros
Worked with relatives
11 September 2017

Thanks for the painter review! Glad to see you found it such a fun and productive work place!

Great Sales Pitch... Scam!
Painter, Durham Region (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 July 2017
Great company! only if you have the proper managers and subcontractors. Company has shown to be innovated but without proper management from franchisees (subcontractors) employees are working cash and not guaranteed anything ( hours, pay)
Company is a hit or miss depending on the Franchiesees running the show.
Pros
Chance to learn how Sub Contracting and industry knowledge works
Cons
Must have a proper Franchisees
Fun summer job for high school and college kids
Painter (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON16 July 2017
College Pro is independently run, so I can only speak to my local experience, but I had a blast. We worked full time, usually 8-5, Monday to Friday. We would go out to a new job first thing and do a walkthrough of the job site. The owner of the franchise would set up the crew with our gear and paint, give us a rundown of what the client wanted, any special instructions, then we were often left to get the job done. The crews would be anywhere from 2-6 painters, with people being shuffled around to maximize our efficiency, especially as jobs came to a close and new ones were beginning. Some locations were easier than others, and some jobs were definitely bigger, but it was never overwhelming. The only thing that got to me was my fear of heights (which this job helped me overcome). If you aren't a fan of tall ladders and working on angled roofs, this might not be the job for you.

Ultimately, the best way to find out if College Pro is a good choice for you is to speak with the local franchisee. They are always a local person, and they are usually a young person as well.

My franchise also paid above minimum, which was a nice bonus
Pros
Work outdoors
Cons
Heights
11 September 2017

Thank you for your detailed painter review! We are thrilled to see you had such a great experience.

flexible hours
Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 June 2017
It's a great position since its flexible hours and not at all bad. Salary is not bad but not enough if you're getting leads or estimates then you're just getting paid for walking around houses hanging flyers at their doorsteps.
Location where I market is far. So takes up time just transiting back and forth.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Location is far.
Create own hours and get to be outside.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 June 2017
A typical day at work consisted of knocking on doors and attempt to schedule free estimates. I personally enjoyed this job as it allowed me to have interactions with customers and develop skills in sales and marketing.
ok work place
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 June 2017
many students like me were hired but after a couple of weeks most were fired and payed only once, supervisor barley showed up, and the organization was horrible
Attention young people: stay away from this company.
painter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2017
It's a classic pyramid scheme i.e. the company sells 'franchises' to young college students and makes a ton of cash this way, the young
franchisees make a lot less, and the student painters at the bottom make little or nothing.
Pros
You learn that in this world there are people who will rip you off.
It's alright
Marketer (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC10 June 2017
For the job that I do as marketer it can get quite tiring and frustrating some days when you aren't able to get any estimates or leads. But you must know that it is a tiring job before you get into it.
Pros
Good pay if you can get leads
Cons
Tiring hours
Amazing
Painter (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON7 June 2017
Learnt a lot of life long skills. A job that is fun and rewarding with quite a but customer interaction. It's a balance of detailed oriented work that builds strength but also requires quite a bit of patience.

The best part about this job is the people you work with and the different jobs you get to complete. The hardest part of this job is paying attention to detail when it comes to making sure customer's property is clean and not covered with paint.
Pros
Lunches, Great energy.
Soliciting and Painting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB7 June 2017
College Pro Paints is a very interesting company to work for. I learned how to solicit in door to door sales.

The company ask daily how to make new tactics in soliciting. Painting in the work is a very fun job, and it only in summer.
Pros
You work how the way you wanted
Cons
Vehicles is needed because of long distance positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Pro. Our community is ready to answer.