College Boreal Employee Reviews

Un travail agréable et poductif
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
Un environnement sympathique. les collegues de travails. les clients et les gestionnaires creent un climat favorable pour le travail
Good place for francophones
Server and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 July 2017
It is a good place to work with tips, but if you don't speak some French it will be extremely challenging. The crew is lively and easy to work with under stress.
Great Work Location and Crew :)
Heavy Duty / Light Duty Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cambrian Heights, ON7 June 2017
I very much enjoyed the location and the hours in which my shift was , it afforded me my daytime to get the sun and have the day to get all what I needed to do with school .

I liked also - that it was heavy duty work and I wasn't sitting behind a desk.... The crew that actually managed to stay there longer than the probationary period were no doubt solid workers !

I love cleaning jobs - they help me relax...
The fact of going through a process and seeing changes because of your effort is encouraging and it was nice having graveyard shift as no students were there after 10:30 usually so when you were working you could listen to your own music.

It's fairly quiet from start to end of what my shifts were.. 9pm to 5 am ( peaceful) - Sunday to Thursday , and walking home in the morning in the summer to hearing the birds singing was so uplifting no matter what mood I was in.

Great job - I loved it .
Productive and we focus on work (teaching)
Professor of Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
This is a teaching experience. I was a professor of pharmacy technicians. The typical day at work was a joy for me since I was teaching things I liked and enjoyed doing. Topics I was teaching, were so close to the pharmacy sector, the profession I like. Would that be different with the passion I have with the pharmacy profession? I don't think so. In both situations, being a pharmacist or a professor, I think I take care of people. Therefore, I just enjoyed what I did as a professor, and what I am doing now as a pharmacist..
bonne qualité de personnel
Server and Host (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2017
le niveau des personnels son très élevés et la connaissance a évolué grâce aux conseils de mes supérieurs.
Pros
paiements très biens
Cons
aucun
Bon environnement de travail
Professeur-Enseignant (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 May 2017
Bon environnement de travail mais les coordonnateurs et doyen ont besoin plus de leadership et de maturité dans la gestion des étudiants.
Tutrice
Tutrice (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON5 May 2017
J'aide les étudiants avec leur projets, je corrige leur faute et je les appuis à réussir.
College IT Internship completed with them
Application Tester (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON26 April 2017
Tested, upgraded and created code to help with minor side projects they were working on.

There wasn't much to work on as they couldn't get me security clearance to work on most of their current projects. Some ideas given for current projects were dismissed without explanation of why it wouldn't work (or if it would take too long to implement).

The staff was great and friendly, manager was super helpful.I was included in all the programmer staff meetings.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Le collège est là pour votre succès
Tutor / Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON26 April 2017
J'aide les gens au centre d'apprentissage. Un étudiant qui aura besoin de l'aide avec un projet de PowerPoint, un rapport dans Word, ou même juste relire leur texte pour corriger leur fautes, je serais là pour leur appuyé. Nous sommes là pour leur succès.
cut hours
difficulty retaining staff
cut hours to 8 hours/week when needed more hours
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON14 March 2017
Server at collage boreal, busting tables, making drinks for customers and cleaning up at the end of the night. I also handle money when cashing threw people
Fun work place
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON10 January 2017
Give me opportunity to work while studying good plan for students specially international students. Well i did learn at lot good management skill. wasn't easy to work after class
Très bien
Conseillère (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 January 2017
Conseiller une multitude de clients concernant le marché du travail.
Very fun plays to work at, meet new people everyday and the pay is good
Event coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
I learned how to be patient and a better speaker. The people around me were really fun and helpful in the beginning. The food given was always good.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
need to be patient
Great place to work with students
College Professor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 April 2016
The staff was fine. Although some staff made me feel that they were much superior than I was. However, shaping young minds was very rewarding.
Pros
Students
Cons
Contract
Tba
Project Management Assistant (Bilingual) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2016
This section to be filled later, then 20 words minimum will be provided at a later date. Right now not filling this in, just providing words to get pas this mandatory section.
Working with student with desire to learn bring a lot of good experiences
tutor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 November 2015
Very productive and learning sharing with other staff members. Helping students with home work and develop with them new strategies to succeed.
Cons
long hour
Not a realistic place to work!!! If you are there to teach to most that don't and will pass anyway!!
Professeur de Coiffure (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2015
The students are spoon fed. Weather the student work or not they will continue and all will accommodate the student. The Students have full control over the College!
Cons
Run Like a Private School!!!
Production and fun working there
Program Coordinator/Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga21 April 2015
I have enjoyed working for College Boreal. Working for a non-profit organization is something special with great personal satisfaction
great learning environment
social representative (Current Employee) –  sudbury ont29 March 2015
over the past 2 years i have been here, it has been an awesome experience. the teachers and staff are very polite and always wanting to help.
Pros
great hours
Cons
slow computers