Collective Brands

Collective Brands Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very hard work to do
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Brookville, OHMay 13, 2014
You have to be very physical to work there. It is very hot in the summer working there and cold in the winter
Productive and fun place to work with a close knit, family atmosphere.
Computer Operator II (Former Employee), Topeka, KSFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: good people to work with, good benefits, opportunity for overtime.
Cons: location in topeka, the building is old and seems crowded. retail is struggling in this economy.
Data Center Operations is composed of four shifts working 12 hours per day. Shift changes are at 6:00 am and 6:00 pm and shifts work four days one week, three days the next.
z/OS mainframe, iSeries midrange and various distributed systems platforms (Windows, AIX, Unix, Linux and Citrix) make up the production IT environment.
Having come from the telecomminucations – more... industry, working here exposed me to the retail fashion industry.
There are a lot of loyal, long time employees who have been with the company for many years. There are also a lot of former Sprint employees here, so there were many people whom I was already aquainted with from my years at Sprint.
The hardest part of the job for me was the long commute, 60 miles each way.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the friendly and supportive co-workers I had the pleasure of working with. – less
management was very helpful in learning my job
shipping department (Current Employee), Brookville, OHOctober 28, 2012
Pros: keep us well informed
Cons: no cons
i started decasing and packing shoes and worked my way up to shipping.I know every phase of the company thanks to management and HR.they have given me every opportunity to learn. co-workers are very friendly and helpful to work with. the hardest part of the job was to get used to packing shoes...was hard on the hands from handling the big boxes.
Fast paced and enjoyable work environment
Ecommerce Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Richmond, INJune 14, 2012
Pros: the benefits
Cons: the working hours
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help consumers and they are truly happy and thankful. The hardest part is when they call in extremely upset already and don't give you a chance to help them. The co-workers are enjoyable and easy to work with. They are always willing to lend a helping hand when you need it. The management is – more... great. Their office doors are always open and they are flexible when need be. What I learned was to not let the small things that are uncontrollable get to you. Ultimately, you make the choice on whether or not to let the situation upset you. A typical work day is mainly about answering consumer calls and problem solving to the best of your ability when need be. – less
very productive and fun place to work
distribution tech (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 1, 2012
Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. A typical day I was constantly busy and I learned a lot about how the returns department worked.
A great warehouse to work in and great enviorment.
High bay picker (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 25, 2012
You would come in have your meeting. atahen go straight to depending on what part of the warehouse you worked in. The only bad part of the job was when it was hot outside it was even hotter in there.