Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Processed Faxed Orders for Clinics across the country
Fax and Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Topeka, KSMay 7, 2013
Pros: 4-10 hour days
After booting up the computer and logging into Avaya, I would log into SAP as a fax agent. I learned how to communicate with the warehouse through Lotus Notes (Sametime contacts) and send messages to drivers through Xatanet for shipments to particular locations. Alaska and Hawaii included, as helping with drop shipments and cross-docks. If a particular – more... warehouse was out of a product, we would have to conduct an alternate source procedure and pull it out of another warehouse that was somewhat close. Management was easy to work with, breaks and lunches were mostly on time and getting hit with multiple orders before the "breaks" were the toughest part of the job. I enjoyed the people that I worked with, getting to solve "out of stock" issues and keying credits for particular offices. – less
ethical company - hard to find
Sr Technical Associate/ Fragrance Evaluation (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJMay 6, 2013
Pros: decent benefits when i was an employee (still good but not as good), allows personal growth while encouraging teamwork
Cons: can tend to be too conservative in marketing new products
I worked at the company for 34 years & was given the opportunity and space to create a unique & stimulating career

Traveled frequently to Asia/Pacific, India, South America & Europe which was priceless in terms of life lessons

I loved my work - not every day, but almost every day
Cares for its employees and enacts teamwork
Purchasing & Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), PRMay 6, 2013
Pros: trainings
Managed overall aspects of Purchasing and warehousing operations such as: Receiving, Shipping, MRO Purchasing, Spare Parts and SAP Data Entry. Lead physical inventories. Communicated and coordinated all materials transfer and dispatch activities to meet the production plan assuring adequate inventory controls. Ensured that all production was reported – more... in SAP and Shop Floor and reconcile discrepancies related with production reporting process. Reconciled and investigated variances within SAP systems related to the Warehouse/Spare Parts/MRO Purchasing functions – less
Large compnay with many opportunities
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Morristown, NJMay 5, 2013
Pros: innovative, felxible, great benefits
Cons: limited income capabilites without a college degree
I have found Colgate to be a very people oriented company. The opportunities available however, are limited to those with a college degree regardless of experience and knowledge without the degree.
One of the better companies in the market.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJMay 4, 2013
Pros: good company - i still tell people if they can get in to work there do it!
Cons: some departments have inadequate management.
I worked there for many years under various titles. I started as a temporary then became a secretary and worked my way up to Global Documentum Administrator, Team Leader, Sr. Trainer and ended there as an Executive Assistant.
Squash Club Private
Purchasing Coordinator of indirect materials (Former Employee), Mexico, MOApril 25, 2013
1.- Send Purchasing Order,
2.- Price Negotiation
3.- Review Contract with Legal Department
4.- Solutions of Inventory
5.- Meeting, after, 5 pm.
6.- Achiviement of Objetives
physical work loading pallets with soap products, and driving fork truck.
Laborer/fork truck operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 20, 2013
Pros: chance of learning a skill.
Cons: working different shifts.
Worked on line loading products on skids.
How to operate a fork truck.
Adequate, check progress hourly, made reports.
Typical workers.
Working different shifts.
Working days.
A very good company
SAP Basis Administrator (Current Employee), Topeka, KSApril 11, 2013
Compensated well.

One thing I do not like about my position is that I miss church once a month.
Good employers and benefits
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee), PRApril 3, 2013
Every day work in sample and raw material analysis. Learn about how to do stability samples analysis.
Very good company
Packaging/Mixing Technician (Former Employee), Commerce, CAApril 2, 2013
A good working enviroment, multiple high speed packaging equiptment. Batching and extruding machinery.
Great Company to Start Professional Career
Business Analyst, Target (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2013
Great company to start professional career and gain lots of exposure to many different areas of the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry
bonuses and all kinds of employee activities and constant raises
Machine Operator/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Morristown, NJMarch 30, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: grave yard shift
operated multiple machinery in the manufacturing field. manufacturing deodarant and liquid soap. learned how to performed preventive maintenance on multiply machines.
Productive and efficient
Office Services Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 11, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: long work days
Expectations realistic. Supports staff to think outside the box and implements change if suggestions are realistic and justifications made support the change.
Seeking middle managerial assignments in marketing with a Growth- oriented organization.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), KolkataMarch 7, 2013
 Analyze how to improve the competitive position in the market through improved customer service.
 Negotiate with the channel partner and develop his people on managing customers to obtain more business.
 Responsible for marketing in the entire Central Calcutta, part of North Calcutta & part of Hooghly.
 Responsible for Interacting with Stockiests – more... & retail medicine shops in regular basis for informing them company’s different scheme and monitoring them.
 Responsible for helping & guiding the salespersons of the stockiest for promoting sales in respective local market – less
Fun and very professional
Product Manager, Dental Creams (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRFebruary 25, 2013
This was my school in marketing and where I meat my mentor. Great memories of strat development, campaign implementation, school and professional programs.
A BEST PLACE TO WORK AND A PLACE FOR EVERYONE
MECHANICAL FITTER (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: team building
time management,iv learnt to work individually under pressure and as a team,skills and competency is required on a managerial post,my co-workers are very much co-operative and knows how to perfom under a lot of pressure and meet daily target.been able to deliver the best quality and highest AU's at the end of the day is the hardest part of the job.knowing – more... that i am supplying my co-department with the best quality of production,and solving a problem with no waste of time management – less
Very organized company
Programmer (Former Employee), Guatemala CityFebruary 22, 2013
Very organized company, very nice work environment. very organized, very nice work.
Territory Manager
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: car, tuition, bonus
Cons: travel
absolutely a great company to work for, and a lot of great support behind the products that I sell.
Rep is willing to help you in any way possible
Vendor Stocker (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2013
I enjoy working with the people there. Everyone is friendly and works well with others.
Sourcing and negotiating
Indirect Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Warszawa, MZJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: team
Cons: lack of perspectives for future growth
Responsible for sourcing and negotiating a portfolio of indirect products and services, performing spend analysis and research to identify potential future tactical buying and strategic sourcing opportunities. Responsible for 2 subsidiaries: Spain and Portugal (bi-monthly business trips) and European categories: Premiums, Market Research and Meetings – more... and Events. Procurement Spend Analyser Power User – training new users in Europe. eBuy Power User – identifying potential implementation of new global functionalities in Europe.
Working in a great Team with amazing people that share knowledge and support in the hardest negotation processes and problem solving. The team spirit is one of the most enjoyable part of my job. – less

About Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive takes a bite out of grime. The company is a top global maker and marketer of toothpaste and soap and cleaning – Read more

Colgate-Palmolive Photos