Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learned new software programs which were very helpful
Executive Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2013
Unfortunately the contract position was supposed to last longer than expected. However, due to restructuring of the office, many people were being let go - starting with the contract workers first.
Care for their employees, great training programs & great opportunites for personal growth and andvancement
Global Master Production Planner/Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, INDecember 13, 2014
Pros: great culture, personal development and pay
I loved working for Hills-Colgate Palmolive. I regret leaving this company just for the opportunity for more money and new growth opportunity.

They care about their employees. Culture is one of positive recognition, mutual respect, work/life balance, and personal growth and development opportunities.

They have strong processes that support continuous – more... improvement, work procedures, and problem solving.

Very well managed, structured, and focused on the success of not only the business but their employees.

Can't say enough good things about my experience and this company! – less
The Workplace
Senior Package Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 5, 2014
This Global company offers a lot of opportunity with challenging workloads that allow you to learn a lot and exposes you to other functional areas within the company.

Very charitable company and highly involved within the community which is awesome for active volunteers (like myself).

The worklife balance is fairly respectable!
Dental Sales Rep
Dental Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Palm BeachDecember 4, 2014
Great job, great work/ family life. Great management, great team
Strong Training Program and Commitment to Employees
Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2014
Strong commitment to training and development. Great place to build a career.
Motivate me
Material Handler (Former Employee), New Concord, OHNovember 18, 2014
I love to work independent and work with teams when it help needed and learn a lot things and love work fast pace. The managers are amazed and very helpful. It teach a lot disciple, patient, heavy duty challenges. The crews are excellent when it come to train and help and patiently.
Progressive, multicultural diverse workplace
Travel Expense Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: tuition assistance, skillsoft, transportation assistance program, arts and culture program
Cons: increasing health care
Occasionally, challenging situation arises, utilize problem solving skills to implement and resolve issue to improve employee experience. Team work well together on projects, objectives set, and completed each task to completion.
stepping stone in Manufacturing Industry
Maintenance Team Member (Former Employee), Villawood, NSWNovember 15, 2014
I started my carrier as a machine maintenance and machine operator on High Speed Liquid packaging line. It was my stepping stone for dream to work in pharmaceutical Industry. I enjoyed working with all Australian fun loving culture. I was shortest in my team. but cared by my collogues. Learnt lot about tools and their names. and even slang Australian – more... language :). It was completely different than my previous GIO work. I learnt a lot and enjoyed union and work meetings. celebrated with my colleagues when we achieved targets.
This job helped me to go ahead for Lipa Pharmaceuticals. – less
Well compensated for tedious work
Research and Development Intern (Current Employee), Piscataway NJNovember 14, 2014
Pros: relaxed work enviornment
Cons: maticulous work
My position tends not to have many challenges involved. I have been working on the same project for almost two years and do not do much analysis or thinking. The position could be filled by anyone willing to do a tedious task and needs little to no knowledge of fundamental chemistry. Job includes mostly taking and recording data.

Work enviornment isn't – more... too bad. Most employees are a bit on the older side and the culture is very relaxed. However the employees tend to be more on the conservative side as far as social interactions are concerned. – less
Comfortable place to work
Sales Intern (Current Employee), MexicoNovember 12, 2014
Pros: comfortable
Cons: not a really good salary
A typical day at work in Colgate is comfortable, friendly and coexistence among workers.
It was hard work and fun at the same time.
Fitter (Former Employee), Boksburg, GPNovember 10, 2014
Pros: we would get a free lunch if we got our batches on target.
Cons: if the demand was high we were asked to work on weekends
One day as I was about to go to lunch. One operator blocked the vacuum line, I then had to council lunch and attend to his problem because the batch would be wasted . Then I got my tools, applied safety measures and began unblocking the the line.I reassembled the line and opened vacuum. Then I learned that before the operator could open vacuum, he should – more... make sure he has added flour in the batch. The hardest part of my job was overhauling the pumps. The parts were very heavy to carry. Training people that came from trainrite for their practicals was one thing I enjoyed very much. – less
team enviroment, interacting managers, fitness room
Dry ingredient mixing & blending technician (Former Employee), Richmond, INNovember 6, 2014
Pros: company store discounts, fitness room, free give aways, health insurance
Cons: finding time for breaks, working 12 hour shifts then switching back to 8 hours.
I would have a preshift meeting going over the operation of the equipment and task that I was taking over for, communicate with my team members as to what we will do to help the problem that they may have had that evening, head to our work location and check out equipment for safety and operating purposes. Hardest part of job was trying to get your – more... full lunch in at one time slot because, you were always busy,I liked most everything about my job the responsabilitys i was given while following company guidelines and policies. i enjoyed working with other people who were commited to their job and they enjoyed it also. That would be my most enjoyable part. – less
The work place and culture both are good
Sales Executive in Nasik (Current Employee), Nashik, MHOctober 29, 2014
The work place and culture both are very good here. i am enjoying the work here and also learn the sales and marketing tricks.
Relaxed work environment
Finance Trade Promotion Investment Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2014
-Pros
Telecommute
8-4:30
Summer Hours
Flexibility
Good location
Great
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSOctober 15, 2014
Outside Sales calling on Vet clinics educating staff on nutrition and the benefits of great products.
Productive and Challenging Work Environment
Budget & Planning Manager (Current Employee), Boksburg, GPOctober 15, 2014
There are new challenges at work every day (which I enjoy) due to the division I work for. I am constantly learning about the East West Africa regions.

We work together extremely well as a team.

The hardest part of my job is managing the challenges that I face on a daily basis but this is also my most enjoyable part.
hard work
Temporary assignment (Former Employee), Morristown, NJSeptember 26, 2014
a day at work was straight into work and stand. i learned high tolerance or standing all day in one spot. management was very nice. co-workers were focused on the task on hand.
Driving Sustainability
Intern for Global HR (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 19, 2014
The people at Colgate are very friendly, and full of insight. Management is good, learning about company softwares, training and development, Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Typical day at work consists of logistics, preparation and event planning. most enjoyable part of the job, feeling like you're contributing to achieve a goal with an overall team.
Ok company
Security Analyst (Current Employee), Morristown, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Some of the best benefits (health, vacation, etc) when comparing to other companies.
Management is very conservative and it is extremely hard to make changes to practices already in place
Promotions tend to be based on politics rather than work accomplished
Little focus is put on developing and retaining young talent
Good Company, Nice people
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Good stable company with good benefits. Nice people to work with

1 2 3 4 5

About Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive takes a bite out of grime. The company is a top global maker and marketer of toothpaste and soap and cleaning – Read more

Colgate-Palmolive Photos