Cole International Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Release Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 December 2017
I only left Cole for relocation purposes. They are an excellent company to work for with great benefits and management. Would return if I still lived in the area.
High paces
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2017
A typical day would be to answer voicemails, respond to emails, compile invoices to enter for payment. The workplace culture is strained due to the high volume. The hardest part of this job is knowing that no matter how hard you try you are never going to progress due to the lack of turn over. The people that I work with are by far some of the best and we remain friends to this day
Loved learning the in's and out's
Customs Release Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
This was a company that had taught me what I needed to know about importing goods into Canada. I have carried what I learnt and applied when I travel and or ship items into Canada.
Terrible training and arrogant management
R.O.R (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2016
Lots of lazy personnel. Management takes more smoke break than the allocated 15 minutes break x 2.
A lot of lack lustre employees with depth perception of elementary level instead of the think outside of the box style. I would not encourage anyone to work for this company unless you want to be belittle.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Caring above and beyond
CSR (Former Employee) –  Emerson, MB12 March 2015
A Strong positive environment to be employed
Like a big extended family
Fast paced
How to deal effectively with many different types of people
I loved my Co-workers , some of them are still good friends
We always had a go-to attitude and had an enjoyable day even if the stress levels were crazy
Pros
Rrsp, Profit sharing
Cons
Great people and work enviroment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 February 2015
Great people to work for.
Not a lot room for advancement but possibility for wage increase.
Delivery routes well detailed and easy to follow.
Pros
employees
Focus on work/life balance
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta4 June 2014
I've learned an amazing amount of skills in a short amount of time. This particular position places a great deal of focus on customer satisfaction, compliance and ensuring shipments are submitted to Canada Customs timely and correctly. I have enjoyed being kept busy with little down time.
changing from family run to INC
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario20 May 2014
While Cole was a family own business the company had an excellence employee spirit. Changing to a corporate structure Cole have lost their spirit.
Pros
Excellent long standing knowledgeble staff
Cons
New management
Enabled me to get my Certified Customs Specialist CCS designation.
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2013
Enjoyed my tenure at Cole. Ground floor opportunity to really understand the customs brokerage industry a lot more. Thus the reason to take the CCS course.
The best place to work in the world!
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2013
Cole International is a superb work place with amazing culture and wonderful people.
Pros
free lunches!
no perks
Certified Customs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2012
Very busy job and learnt allot about clearing shipments. My manager was awesome and most of my co-workers were a joy to work with. Clearing the shipments in a timely manner,at times, was the hardest part of this job as there were circumstances where it made clearing more difficult. Being able to make my customers happy by clearing their shipments promptly.
Pros
learning and getting the knowledge of this industry
Cons
not being able to get information in a timely manner
Accounts Receivable and Word Processing opportunities
Secretary/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2012
I would put together packages for new customers plus type up other correspondence as required, plus did filing for the company.
I started in the Accounts Receivable dept. but changed depts. when it was moved to Calgary. But at the time I processed deposits with existing accounts/prepared deposit slips/ and made some collection calls.
I learned alot in the area of A/R and really enjoyed working with the management and staff there.
The hardest part and the easiest part of the job kind of mix....I enjoyed the computer work/and working in the office setting. Enjoyed this job alot.
Pros
office setting job
Cons
not really
Good job.
Release Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Emerson, MB27 August 2012
Was a good company to work for.
Let go after a year due to a family member in the management area needing a job. Conflict of interest.
In order to hire someone new they have to let someone go.
It was me due to me being the newest employee.
Loved the job 100%
Miss working with great people,
Hardest part was working midnights and being alone.
Loved the co-workers
Anwsered phones, entered information in the systems for truckers crossing the border two hours prier to them crossing the canadian customs.
faxed and photocopied.