Coldwell Banker

Coldwell Banker Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great training bad commission split
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good training, no boss breathing down neck
Cons: bad commission splits and they use you for advertising
Typical day involved cold calling, door knocking, office hours, and trying to persuade sellers to list their homes with me as well as preparing CMA's. Toughest part is you have to pay for most of the advertising, but must include Coldwell Banker's logo. When a house is sold I got to keep half of my 3% commission. At the time (bubble bust) Coldwell wanted – more... me to keep spending my money on advertising when people were not buying and then wanting half of my commission. No thanks. I leaned how to cold call and be more efficient. Started preapproving buyers and refused to show them any homes until they were pre approved as not to waste my time showing homes they could not afford on my dime. – less
Part-time Realtor
Doug Arnold Real Estate - Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), DavisJuly 10, 2014
Pros: worked at my leisure
Cons: only made money when i sold a home
Assisted Husband mostly was his right hand. I did open houses and showed clients homes they were interested in.
everyday was different and exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Upper Montclair, NJJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches at broker open houses
Cons: spending lots of money on gas traveling around to show homes
A typical day was going to the office to print out the new homes listed and going to see them. Then back to the office to work floor time for a couple of hours. Making appointments to see houses for clients. Then meeting clients to show the homes they are interested in. Learning many things everyday, getting to know what clients need and want in there – more... search for a new home. Learning all about relationships. My co-workers were always so helpful and would go out of their way to help on many levels.
The hardest part is letting go of the outcome of what might happen with a sale. Trusting the process will work out in the perfect time.
The most enjoyable is finding the exact home for buyers and seeing how happy they are. Also working with sellers who list and getting them more money for their home then what it listed at. – less
Productive and fun
Real Estate agent (Former Employee), Real Estate agentJuly 9, 2014
Customer service, Lead generation, Satisfaction of helping people purchasing their first house.
The Commission split is terrible
Real Estate Broker (Former Employee), Yarmouth, MEJuly 3, 2014
The commission split is low, the atmosphere is not one of encouragement.
Fast Paced and Fun
Office Administrator and primary interface (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: working with great people
Cons: lots of politics
A typical day at work would be sitting at the front desk, answering phones, putting together disclosure packets for agents, assisting agents with faxing closing paperwork with a deadline.

I learned a lot about homes, what sells and what doesn't with the way it is as is. Helped open my mind, to what could be done. I learned Outlook.

Management was – more... great to work with.

Real Estate Agents were all fun to work with.

Nothing hard about this job.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when Agent's would make a sale, what an accomplishment. I made gift baskets with a budget for some of the new buyers as a house warming gift, love being creative. Loved the Holiday parties. – less
Great National Reputation
Realtor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 29, 2014
I began my real estate career with Coldwell Banker because they have a great reputation nationally and they have a wonderful education program for new agents. The staff and manager at my office were wonderful.

As a self-employed agent, I learned that I needed to be organized and disciplined in my approach to finding clients and promoting myself.

The – more... hardest part of the job was realizing that my closest friends and relatives were probably not going to use me as their real estate agent....either they already had an agent they had used in the past or they felt that it would be awkward to work together.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my clients achieve their goal or buying or selling a home. – less
My life has been very busy and successful
Timeshare Sales Professional (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 28, 2014
Accomplishment is a real part of my life.
Having an opportunity to continue here in Hawaii is very exciting
and something I eagerly look forward to with great expectations.
Great, additional training.
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJune 25, 2014
Sold residential real estate.
Learned additional sales techniques.
Knowledgeable management.
Wonderful co-workers.
Hardest part of job was finding sellers.
Most enjoyable part of job was selling a great product.
Great Experience
Receptionist (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYJune 23, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: telephones very busy
Co-workers were friendly. Scheduled appointments, answered phones, did mailings.
Real Estate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Apple Valley, MNJune 17, 2014
During my interviewing of real estate companies I came across different ways of doing business. After much consideration I chose Coldwell Banker Burnet. It was a good choice. I have made new "friends" and colleagues for life. I have grown as a person and as a real estate agent. I look forward to learning much more in this industry as well as other employment – more... I pursue. – less
Real estate firm
Realtor (Current Employee), Cary, NCJune 11, 2014
They you a lot of training and support. However the fees are very high.
Good worth ethics and great atmosphere to learn
Realtors, CRS, GRI, Previews (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 6, 2014
The brand is strong in its ability to sell homes but what you don't see on the outside is that they have a great support system on ways to improve yourself as well as strengthen your selling techniques.

Great work environment that fosters team work and fun!
Highly productive
Administrative Assistant/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJune 6, 2014
Cons: no benefits, no promotions or raise
Multiple tasks to complete, fast-paced environment, worked with clients everyday, I learned how to get along with many different personalities, and my most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every day.
Worked in an upbeat office with 75 associates
Senior Sales Associate and management (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2014
Pros: able to be my own boss
Cons: sometimes would work 12 hour days
Would arrive in the office between 7:45 to 8:30 M-F. Organized daily tasks anywhere from meeting with clients, touring properties, negotiating contracts. Hardest part of job was organizing tours of up to 12 properties in on outing. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my clients happy after transactions were completed.
Hard workers and very skilled.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Granby, CTJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: expensive to keep and maintain license, running around in a million directions, have to be very organized and available anytime.
Great people to work with. Great manager, always there to help.
Amazing job, great hours, great people!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chesterton, INMay 28, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities, insurance benefits, professionalism
Cons: business shut down
I loved working for Coldwell Banker. It was a professional environment with advancement opportunities. I was shocked as well as deeply saddened when they had to close the business down.
Great tools and marketing
Realtor (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDMay 20, 2014
Pros: tools for marketing, compansation and unlimited incom
Cons: building your own cliental takes time
I have loved the tools and marketing that Coldwell provides for us. We also have only a few agents in the office but we all have great comrodery with one another. They also offer great online training
Assistant
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Concord, CaliforniaMay 19, 2014
This was a temp job I picked up one summer. It gave me a lot of good incite into the corporate culture and working in an office setting.
Great company with wonderful people
Realogy / Coldwell Banker (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 9, 2014
Able to be promoted within the company is available. Training is offered both in-person, and online. Working with the Agents on a daily basis allows you to interact with many different personality types.

About Coldwell Banker

NRT is the largest residential real estate brokerage company in the nation. NRT and its affiliated companies, marketing partners – Read more

Coldwell Banker Photos