Coldwell Banker

Coldwell Banker Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diverse work environment allowing workers to develop multiple skills.
Market Researcher (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 2, 2014
Requires a diversity of skills from, administrative work, marketing, sales and legal analysis.
Always at the ready to assist
Real Estate Sales Representative (Former Employee), North Bay, ONApril 30, 2014
· Solicit sales listings from prospective vendors
· Assist vendors in selling property by establishing asking price, advertising the property, listing the property with listing services and conducting open houses for prospective buyers
· Assist prospective buyers in selecting, visiting, inspecting and making offers of purchase on real estate properties
· – more... Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters
· Draw up sales agreements for approval of purchaser and seller – less
A great lauch pad in real estate
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
A great place for someone who just starting a career in Real Estate
Fun and Friendly Environment
Licensed Assistant (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 20, 2013
Everyone is great, including the clients and customers. Maintaining a website, attending open houses, and random office work are some of the things that I do. It is a great job with flexible hours.
It was a great place to be.
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee), Marina del Rey, CAAugust 7, 2012
The organization encourages education and growth. It is in a beautiful location.
Great company with great management.
Realtor (Former Employee), Colleyville, TXJuly 26, 2014
Pros: chance for income increase.
Cons: long hours that included nights, week-ends and holidays.
Coldwell Banker was one of the best companies I had the opportunity to work with in real estate. There is always room for advancement. I was just getting my clientele built up when we moved to the Houston area. I was self employed so there were no benefits but I knew that the next year my sales would have increased and would compensate for the lack – more... of benefits.

The job required working nights, weekends and holidays and usually seven days a week. It was a life style not a job. The first two years in a real estate company are the hardest because that is when you are building your clientele which requires extensive marketing and networking, After that, the referrals start coming in and it pays off.

I developed sales skills, negotiating skills, marketing skills and computer skills. My favorite part of real estate sales was getting to work with people from all over the United States. I enjoy being around people. – less
fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wayzata, MNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new clients
Cons: clients changing their minds
A lot of customer interaction, meeting exciting clients, some of which were professional athletes
Shattered dreams
Real Estate Referral Agent (Current Employee), Ridgefield, CTJuly 22, 2014
Pros: i am my own boss
Cons: dealing with people.i miss the interaction of day to day contact.
As a referral agent I am self-employed and affiliated with a real estate brokerage company. Therefore, I only get compensated for the business I bring in. .Due to the regulatory nature of this market and the highly competitive issue of too many agents chasing too few deals, I have found it necessary to seek employment outside of real estate sales..
Fun, however unstable income
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: self-motivation, client interaction, flexible work schedule
Cons: unstable income
Built client relationships, researched properties and school districts for prospective buyers, hosted open houses, marketing, etc
Great Career, great management, great co-workers
REALTOR (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good money, met wonderful people
Cons: long hours, paid by commissions only, hard to balance famijly life
I loved my career as a Realtor working with both Buyers & Sellers. I loved the community/city I lived in & worked with so I was very enthusiastic and it was easy to sell homes.
The long hours were difficult with a family.
Could make a lot of money some years and some years not so good due to the market.
Great training bad commission split
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good training, no boss breathing down neck
Cons: bad commission splits and they use you for advertising
Typical day involved cold calling, door knocking, office hours, and trying to persuade sellers to list their homes with me as well as preparing CMA's. Toughest part is you have to pay for most of the advertising, but must include Coldwell Banker's logo. When a house is sold I got to keep half of my 3% commission. At the time (bubble bust) Coldwell wanted – more... me to keep spending my money on advertising when people were not buying and then wanting half of my commission. No thanks. I leaned how to cold call and be more efficient. Started preapproving buyers and refused to show them any homes until they were pre approved as not to waste my time showing homes they could not afford on my dime. – less
Part-time Realtor
Doug Arnold Real Estate - Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), DavisJuly 10, 2014
Pros: worked at my leisure
Cons: only made money when i sold a home
Assisted Husband mostly was his right hand. I did open houses and showed clients homes they were interested in.
everyday was different and exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Upper Montclair, NJJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches at broker open houses
Cons: spending lots of money on gas traveling around to show homes
A typical day was going to the office to print out the new homes listed and going to see them. Then back to the office to work floor time for a couple of hours. Making appointments to see houses for clients. Then meeting clients to show the homes they are interested in. Learning many things everyday, getting to know what clients need and want in there – more... search for a new home. Learning all about relationships. My co-workers were always so helpful and would go out of their way to help on many levels.
The hardest part is letting go of the outcome of what might happen with a sale. Trusting the process will work out in the perfect time.
The most enjoyable is finding the exact home for buyers and seeing how happy they are. Also working with sellers who list and getting them more money for their home then what it listed at. – less
Productive and fun
Real Estate agent (Former Employee), Real Estate agentJuly 9, 2014
Customer service, Lead generation, Satisfaction of helping people purchasing their first house.
The Commission split is terrible
Real Estate Broker (Former Employee), Yarmouth, MEJuly 3, 2014
The commission split is low, the atmosphere is not one of encouragement.
Fast Paced and Fun
Office Administrator and primary interface (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: working with great people
Cons: lots of politics
A typical day at work would be sitting at the front desk, answering phones, putting together disclosure packets for agents, assisting agents with faxing closing paperwork with a deadline.

I learned a lot about homes, what sells and what doesn't with the way it is as is. Helped open my mind, to what could be done. I learned Outlook.

Management was – more... great to work with.

Real Estate Agents were all fun to work with.

Nothing hard about this job.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when Agent's would make a sale, what an accomplishment. I made gift baskets with a budget for some of the new buyers as a house warming gift, love being creative. Loved the Holiday parties. – less
Great National Reputation
Realtor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 29, 2014
I began my real estate career with Coldwell Banker because they have a great reputation nationally and they have a wonderful education program for new agents. The staff and manager at my office were wonderful.

As a self-employed agent, I learned that I needed to be organized and disciplined in my approach to finding clients and promoting myself.

The – more... hardest part of the job was realizing that my closest friends and relatives were probably not going to use me as their real estate agent....either they already had an agent they had used in the past or they felt that it would be awkward to work together.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my clients achieve their goal or buying or selling a home. – less
My life has been very busy and successful
Timeshare Sales Professional (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 28, 2014
Accomplishment is a real part of my life.
Having an opportunity to continue here in Hawaii is very exciting
and something I eagerly look forward to with great expectations.
Great, additional training.
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJune 25, 2014
Sold residential real estate.
Learned additional sales techniques.
Knowledgeable management.
Wonderful co-workers.
Hardest part of job was finding sellers.
Most enjoyable part of job was selling a great product.
Great Experience
Receptionist (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYJune 23, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: telephones very busy
Co-workers were friendly. Scheduled appointments, answered phones, did mailings.

1 2 3 4 5

About Coldwell Banker

NRT is the largest residential real estate brokerage company in the nation. NRT and its affiliated companies, marketing partners – Read more

Coldwell Banker Photos