Cogeco Employee Reviews in Canada

Not a good company to work for
TV Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 21, 2016
Cogeco is not a very good company to work for, there is no opportunity for advancement, management is not fair and not willing to listen to staff
Fun workplace, very exciting and up-beat
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed working as a camera operator for cogeco because it was fast paced and exciting. I learned alot about cameras, hockey and broadcasting. It was difficult sometimes to keep up with the game play but exciting and entertaining. With my everyday co-workers I was friends with, occasionally for bigger games Cogeco would send more experienced employees to help, those were the rude and disrespectful people. Still, I enjoyed working with them and learning about all the equipment they would bring.
Pros
It gave me a great experience and I loved my working environment, aside form the other employees
Cons
Most employees that I worked with were rude and dusrespectful
Large company
Customer facing technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 29, 2016
Cogeco has a good benefit plan and perks, You always have work to do because their network is currently having issues. I enjoyed working for Cogeco, however management has changed currently and I have heard that it is a micromanaged environment now
Pros
perks
Cons
micromanaged
You aren't a person there, you're a number... Worst Employer
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 14, 2014
Lots of dsigruntled customer's to deal with. You have to make AHT goals of 6 minutes/call or the management will harass you. And when they eventually do fire you, you can count on no severance pay at all. The Managers only cover their own backsides there. When you are reviewed each year, the have a lofty mathematical equation to determine if you get a raise or bonus each year. How impersonal...

I can't believe I worked there for so long.

Now they pay people there $13/hr, I started at 15.50 and is still was not worth even when I made $18/hr.
Cons
everything above and more.
Decent place to work
Bilingual Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 29, 2016
You have to answer lots of calls
The supervisors are very helpful and friendly
The hours are not stable so you could start at 7 one week and 1 the next
Great job with wages
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONDecember 13, 2015
The schedule is completely random and the job is to sell and meet sales targets along with provide customer service. Great place to work if you're part time and have a second job.
Pros
Wage is amazing, Part time, great management.
Cons
Hours, Targets can be hard, angry customers.
Telecom support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Good place to start and move up the ladder.
Can be challenging, especially during evening times.
Shifts are difficult at times, but gradually gets used to it.
Pros
discounted cable services
If you like sales...this is the place for you!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Provided lots of training and coaching prior to starting 'on the floor' answering phones.
It's a good starting wage for little education needed, however some supervisors were not all that bright or professional.
Not a job for someone who doesn't like every second of their work day planned for you, there is a high level of quality control so lots of room for error. Supervisors give a lot of feedback, so you know when you have done something wrong.

There were lots of incentives for hitting sales targets and a generally high morale for a call centre. Not the job for me, but I would recommend to others who enjoy sales and talking on the phone.
Pros
good wage, benefits, fair schedules
Cons
repetitive tasks, boring, no freedom
producitive and fun lots of friendly people
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 10, 2015
it was a fun atmosphere, lots of friendly people and very helpful, learnt a lot from the experience with camera and audio visuals
Great employees
technical HTD Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, OntarioAugust 13, 2015
Cogeco has permanent and agency employees. Agency employees are treated differently. I recently left that company because key Management failed to recognize what I had brought to the Company and I worked through an agency.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Bad Management
Terrible!
Collector (Former Employee) –  BurloakJanuary 9, 2015
Management in the collections dept is terrible. A lot of favouritism. Particular supervisors will make it their life mission to find something wrong with you. Your expected to have everything noted up in a minute after your call is done. It use to be 2 minutes. Very stressful environment. No job security. Bonuses ares basically the only plus.
Pros
bonuses and other co-workers
Cons
managers and very stressful environment
Fast-paced but very fun atmosphere
Sports Broadcaster (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2013
I have worked very briefly as a Broadcaster for Cogeco, commentating on College and University Athletics. It is one of the most enjoyable things I have ever done because you get to showcase your love and passion for sports over a broad spectrum. The hardest part is simply the suspense that builds while waiting for the game to get underway. But once the puck is dropped or ball is kicked all the nerves go out the window and you basically become a fan and that's what I love most about it!
Pros
watching sports
Cons
no safety nets
Cut throat
Tech Ops (Former Employee) –  HamiltonOctober 9, 2013
They will stab you in the back in a moments notice. No loyalty to their employees. The workers are brainwashed to believe it's a family run company. The company is not family oriented at all. They are driven by money and that's it. Although most of the staff are great there are always problems within. Be careful if you are thinking of joining Cogeco in the Hamilton and Burloak areas. A lot of DRAMA
Pros
yearly bonus based on how much profit was made
Cons
no union, no loyalty
Friendly environment to work
Customer Service/ Tech. Support (Former Employee) –  HamiltonNovember 24, 2014
Friendly co-workers
Easy system to work with.
Hardest part of job is dealing with angry customers.
Enjoyable part of job is when you have helped customers.
Pros
close to a mall and food court
Cons
no parking
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 5, 2013
Great place to work, would recommend others to take an opportunity at Cogeco.
enjoyed the people there.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  burlington ontarioNovember 15, 2012
I enjoyed working at cogeco because i learned new things everyday