This individual’s primary objective is to create intuitive graphic elements for web-based interfaces and interaction layers using best practices, the latest design trends, and all available tools to augment the user experience. This position is responsible for brainstorming, researching, maintaining timelines within budget, storyboarding and creating visual solutions based on client-approved scopes or ticket requests. The role also requires a candidate whom is passionate about continuing their skills in relation to fast-paced design industry trends.
- Designs, creates, and implements graphic elements and other content for use in digital, web and print projects.
- Design functional and intuitive cross-platform GUI website layouts for desktop and mobile.
- Plan, discuss, and create story-boards and wireframes.
- Partner with Interface Architects and front-end developers to understand a variety of web technologies and test functional prototypes.
- Preparation of files for end use in digital, web or print (physical size, file size, file format, colour format, crop markings, bleeds, placed/linked files, etc.).
- Contribute to the insights and direction of creative briefs.
- Image retouching and image manipulation.
- Develops and implements corporate identity and branding elements.
- Additional duties as required.
- Educational background in graphic design.
- Strong understanding of UI/UX principles and best practices.
- Working knowledge of human-centered design, visual design, typography principles, colour theory, perspective, and life-drawing.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge and application of proper design processes, from concept to delivery.
- Advocate for simple and sleek graphic design.
- Understanding of modern responsive HTML5/CSS3 standards.
- Strong self-management skills and innovation skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to discuss and apply professional criticism and direction.
- Stay current on emerging trends in online consumer behavior, technologies and design.
- Professional experience with an agile web development firm is an invaluable asset.