This individual’s primary responsibility is to build web-based software applications as part of a web development team. This individual is responsible for contributing to brainstorming activities, design templates using current industry trends and best practices, testing/debugging, and completing all necessary documentation. Additional duties include project planning and ticket support, as well as monitoring production to ensure projects stay on-time and on-budget.
- Gathering feedback from design and development staff in regards to website development.
- Building user-interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages.
- Assisting in project planning and website design.
- Creating prototypes and functional items for web-based projects.
- Developing solutions for web-based development problems.
- Determining which new web technologies to consider in production, such as browsers, languages, and plug-ins.
- Additional duties as required.
- Working knowledge in creating MySQL driven functionality, relational schema, and queries.
- Working knowledge in hand-coding XHTML & CSS following web standards.
- Strong understanding of usability, accessibility, cross-browser compatibilities, table-free layouts and semantic markup.
- Degree, diploma or related experience in software development.
- Working knowledge of OWASP best practices in network application security is an asset.
- Basic experience with Linux is an asset.