This individual is responsible for converting Photoshop/Illustrator design files into workable online templates using current industry trends, as well as maintaining cross-browser compatibility for current and out of date browsers when required for all desktop, tablet and smart phone hardware. This individual is responsible for contributing to project planning & documentation, adhering to provided budget and laid out schedule during the production process, providing leadership to other front-end developers, interfacing with the design & back-end development teams, as well as providing software and technical architecture testing/debugging support. This individual must have a passion for front-end web development, and have the drive to continually improve their skill level and keep in step with current and incoming industry trends.
- Interfacing with the design & back-end development teams to convey the information needed for the entire team to perform optimally and maintain project flow.
- Providing escalation and issue mitigation control for the front-end development staff.
- Participating in the development of technology solutions, which utilizes company processes, best practices and standards to maximize reliability, functionality, and integrity while minimizing costs and cycle time.
- Participating in problem discovery and resolution.
- Developing and maintaining documentation frameworks.
- Developing unit and integration tests.
- Supporting quality assurance tasks and acceptance testing.
- Testing and solving cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility issues.
- Developing templates.
- Assisting and participating in the transfer of business and technology knowledge.
- Developing a working knowledge of products, services, and industry trends to select appropriate technologies to meet client requirements.
- Ensuring the translation of business requirements into technological solutions.
- Analyzing user-interface designs and initiating interaction with graphic designers and web developers to research and identify alternatives.
- Using Photoshop to break down designs.
- Additional duties as required.
- Educational background in computer science or other related experience.
- Experience designing effective user interfaces.
- Experience manipulating PHP front-end functionality.
- Firm knowledge in troubleshooting web-based applications and ability to foresee errors within system architecture.
- Strong understanding of latest browser capabilities interfaces.
- Ability to assist in MySQL database design and maintenance.
- Experience in developing with established content management systems.
- Experience developing custom content management systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly to colleagues and management.
- Adaptable skills with the ability take on new technology.
- Ability to take direction from multiple supervisors.
- Ability to prioritize tasks while handling multiple projects.