We are located in the heart of downtown Edmonton at the Startup Edmonton space (http://startupedmonton.com/space/), a great place to collaborate with other developers working on start ups. This position will be based out of our Edmonton office.
- Collaborating with Product Marketing in feature design of our products.
- Developing new features for our products per design specifications.
- Writing technical specifications.
- Debugging/Fixing defects in existing products.
- Performing unit and system testing to deliver high quality software programs.
- Writing and maintaining proper technical documentation.
- Using Agile software development methodologies to ensure that products are developed to high standards.
- Assisting with the creation of release plans, timelines, and software program / API specifications.
- A solid post-secondary education in computer programming, which could be any (but not limited to): Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree.
- A technical diploma for Computer Programming or Similar (Equivalent to a two year program).
- Experience with a web application framework (for example, using Ruby, PHP or ASP.NET).
Desire experience with:
- 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- backbone.js, underscore.js
- C++ / Windows API
- OpenGL / 3D programming
- Hadoop / Pig
- Amazon Web Services
- Agile development methods
- Test driven development / BDD