This position will be based out of our Edmonton (Canada) or Colorado Springs (USA) office.
The Edmonton office is located in the heart of downtown Edmonton at the Startup Edmonton space (http://startupedmonton.com/space/), a great place to collaborate with other developers working on start ups.
- Collaborating with Product Marketing in feature design of our products.
- Developing new features for our products per design specifications.
- Writing technical specifications.
- Debugging/Fixing defects in existing products.
- Performing unit and system testing to deliver high quality software programs.
- Writing and maintaining proper technical documentation.
- Using Agile software development methodologies to ensure that products are developed to high standards.
- Assisting with the creation of release plans, timelines, and software program / API specifications.
- A solid post-secondary education in computer programming, which could be any (but not limited to): Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree; a technical diploma for Computer Programming or Similar (equivalent to a two year program).
- Some experience with a web application framework (for example, using Ruby, PHP or ASP.NET).
- Ruby on Rails
- backbone.js, underscore.js
- Hadoop / Pig
- Amazon Web Services
- Agile development methods
- Test driven development / BDD