Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work!
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 7, 2013
Great place to work, always busy and lots to do makes the day go by quick. Great people to work with everyone is friendly. Pays really well
Great place to develop your skills and move up the corporate ladder
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), CoquitlamSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: autonomy, realistic targets/bonus
Cons: constantly having to be "online" for customers
I am currently employed by Coca Cola and I can honestly say I love it.

I get to make my own schedule and there is zero micromanaging.

Great salary, benefits and culture.

I'm part of a great sales team and everyone values each others input.
Your making someones day when you show up with their favorite beverages
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: being able to look back when your walking out the door ans be able to see a job well done
Cons: couldn't get the time i wanted off when i wanted it off to see family, even with 12 years with the company
-Paperwork, inspect truck and secure load. Drive from delivery to delivery taking product from the truck into the customer to be counted and varified. Put product away and collect monies. drive back to home base, check load, inspect truck, count monies and do paperwork.
-how to be a team player, a lot of critical thinking required, how to deal with a diverse range of customers from different cultures and backgrounds
-I think management has the most stressful job and when heads roll it's usually them that feel it most
-I believe I had the pleasure of working among some of the best drivers Edmonton has to offer
-Customers who are mad at sales/bad orders/wrong orders, although none of these things have to do with the drivers we are the face for the company they see and tend to take it out on the first coca-cola uniform they see
-Making people smile
Friendly working environment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2013
Coca Cola has very friendly employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to improved my research and analysis.
a learning experience
Inventory Control Analyst/Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 13, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: micromanaging
Everynight is always different when it comes to allocating products. I learned that communication is the best key for my role because everything is constantly moving. My job has always been busy because I have to keep the warehouse organize as I can so that no time is wasted upon locating products. I think the hardest part of the job is when I run out of resources e.i. Space, Manpower, and Equipments. Its always been a self achievement if I see my work is done well and organized and that is probably the most rewarding time of my day.
Flat, no fizzle
Temporary Order Picker (Former Employee), 2750 Boul. L'Assomption, Montreal, QCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: honesty: they tell you that your hours get cut off in the fall
Cons: well, everything.
I interviewed twice with this company in the space of one year - once for a production position in Richmond, BC, and another (for which I was hired) as a seasonal order picker at the distribution center in Montreal, QC. The hiring was done via a phone interview with the head office in Toronto, ON, and an in-person meeting with one of the warehouse supervisors. I had done the same process for the job in Richmond, only without being retained. What stood out at that particular engagement was the way the hiring manager referred to his habit of "booting out" temporary workers that, for one reason or another, didn't meet his requirements (namely obtaining a "boiler ticket" - the reason for which was never clearly elaborated upon); and that they met with many candidates for my positions, and so I shouldn't get my hopes up. He also made me wait for 20 minutes past the appointment time in the lobby. Generally very unprofessional and corporate in diction/demeanor.

Basically, there's no realistic way to be hired permanently by this company if you're taken on as a temp (or seasonal) worker. I inquired and was told the waiting list for a permanent position goes back to 2006. Apparently it now takes one of the "old-timers" (read: guys who've been driving forklifts for 37+ years because they're not competent to do anything else) retiring before a position's available. At that point, it's given for night shift (the one no one generally wants), then evening, then day (both of the latter having their own respective waiting lists).

I found the two on-duty supervisors aloof and disinterested – more... in warehouse operations other than to chide the material handlers for not moving fast enough. The order pickers themselves were given to slacking off and smoking cigarettes behind the pallet racks, and constantly complained of what they were being asked to do. I also found the jokes between the supervisors and workers (usually directed one-way with sarcastic overtones regarding performance) to be entirely inappropriate for such a large company. The sanitary conditions of the lunch room and toilets was also wholly sub-par.

Suffice it to say that my training (which took place during the day) lasted a few days, after which I notified the supervisors that I was leaving. It's worth mentioning that temporary workers are paid half of what the permanent workers make (therefore not a lot) and that you'll get put on night shift (occasionally evening rotations) if you choose to stay. They also informed me that the bulk of the work would be during the summer, after which the work would essentially dry up for us and only long-term temporary & permanent workers would be able to make 40 hours a week.

PS. For all the references to the benefits of having a limitless supply of soda in the cafeteria, I found the Coke flat and the other beverages less-than-flavorful compared to what's sold in stores. – less
Service to the client
CSR (Former Employee), BramptonJune 9, 2013
I was not comfortable spending all of my work hours apolagizing for late deliveries or constant customer complaints, not happy with the way coca cola handles it's clients.

July 5, 2013

They don't handle their clients or their employees. Period. You're better off to be out.

Cool company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2013
Pros: free coke
Cons: too much drugs.. people high on cocaine
Management is very strict and not very friendly. They don't really help with employee needs/ problems instead tell you to deal with it.
Not as good as it's name
Salary (Current Employee), BramptonApril 12, 2013
Pros: hmmmmmm, oh yes none!
Cons: the lack of good leadership and values
You would think working for Coke would be great! But it is terrible in Brampton, by far the worst I have ever worked for......

No leadership is right.

Time Flies
Dispatcher/Distribution Route Specialist (Current Employee), Brampton OntarioApril 8, 2013
Pros: free pop
Cons: long hours
A typical day is a typical night for me. I dispatch nights . My day is very full and I pretty much work straight thru, no time for lunch or breaks. I absolutely love what I do . The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the other distribution centers. The guys I work with always put a smile on my face.
The hardest part I guess is working long hours.
I have great co workers and we are a good team and that is very important in my job.

I have learned so much in this position, It has increased my computer skills and has taught me to work under extreme pressure.

Really?

Don't leave your current job!
Manager (Current Employee), BramptonApril 5, 2013
Pros: nice hourly staff
Cons: terrible leadership!
By far the most un-organized place I have seen! The senior leadership is out of touch with what is going on and the poor hourly people take the brunt of it, I now understand why they need a Union. In my opinion if you currently have a job the grass is not greener here, expect long hours, verbal abuse and very little recognition for your efforts. I have seen very high turnover in the salary work force and the Corporation does nothing about it, even the HR team does not react to all the mis-treated people and their issues. Honestly I would not recommend this as a place to work unless you are desperate for work. The big red machine is turning many people Blue.

July 5, 2013

Poor morale amongst both management and union staff alike. And if you're looking to get a job here now, and if you are lucky enough to get on full time, count on getting poorer benefits and pensions. They are looking to take back everything that they have given.

GREAT CO WORKERS NOT SO GOOD COMPANY
Distribution Route Specialist / Vending Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2013
Pros: free coke from machine only
Cons: long hours
It all depends on what department your in and your management. but not a lot of room for advancement. They are very sales driven so watch out if your not the pushy sales type.
productive and organized workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2012
receive orders and build them on a pallet using a power jack to be put on trucks to deliver to stores
Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2012
Worked on several different canning lines, feed boxes on canning line while operting it. Watch glue levels and used can tops on operating line.

Learned how to stop and start canning line.

Worked on can placement for management.

Co-workers were helpful and friendly.

Understanding different cultures, such as language barriers.
was the hardest part of the job.

Clean work enviorment.
lots of variety
DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: work in all kinds of weather
As a delivery driver you are to finish your route, management are decent people that have moved up the ranks. Physically demanding, You do get to meet a lot of different people and you are always in a different area of the city
cool work
Driver Merchandiser- Part time (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 20, 2012
First couple of weeks I had to learn about scanners, its kind of challenging. I learned about customer services and the management is very friendly. I have worked with number of co-workers, who treated me in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part of this work is meeting different people everyday and driving.
good work place
Filler Machine Operator (Former Employee), phillipinesSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: bring food
Cons: nigth shift hours
good company .....knows how to oprates machines..enjoying with my fellow co workers,,, hardest part is when we do the long hours like 3 pm to 7am in the morinig which is 16 hours ....
Great manufacturing work experience
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2012
Pros: free soda
Cons: long hours
Learned about working with multiple cross functional departments and from the facility level to the corporate level. Hardest part of the job is learning all facets of management to be able to drive the change required where it is needed. The most enjoyable part of the job are the great hard working people who work along side you.
enjoyed plant work and fellow employees
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Enterprise, ABAugust 16, 2012
Pros: benefits and social club gathering good team buliding
Cons: no promotional prospects
Assign work tasks from previous nights production reports and work orders, alway looking to improve technology good management group and fellow workers.
leaving to go to nova scotia for a higher position and leaving a good working environment, enjoyed all aspects
Fun and constant laughing
Hybrid RPA/DCA (Former Employee), 401 Bayview, BarrieAugust 1, 2012
My co-workers and hourly staff are all fantastic. Learned more about cash balancing and AR/AP.

As a company that is struggling to figure out how to get product to customers in a timely manner, many extra hours were required.

July 5, 2013

Really? Coca-cola a company struggling to figure out how to get product to customers in a timely manner? No! Shocking! In this age of technology and advanced logistics? Yup, they suck.

Links