Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews in Canada

Very demanding for little in return
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioFebruary 24, 2014
Too many leaders and departments with a push and pull mentality making it very difficult to focus on the important responsibilities of the role.
Pros
control of ones own schedule.
Cons
too many to mention.
Pay is great
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2014
Pay is great and good management but the turnover is real slow, so it takes years before you can get full-time and you're expected to be on EI during the slow months.
Fun working environment
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2014
I enjoy my employment here, but I'm looking to upgrade my skills.
coca cola
Bilingual Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 16, 2013
a great environment to work with great people
taking orders from customer,
very
productive, dynamic environment
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 29, 2013
this job was a constantly dynamic position that tested my skills in many ways. Some days were better than others here, the long and sporadic hours made for new challenges. The possibility, and implementation of swing shifts (only 8 hours between shifts) made for a personal challenge. There was little time for a scheduled social life while working this position.
Pros
wage
Cons
long hours, sporadic scheduling
Great place to work!
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 7, 2013
Great place to work, always busy and lots to do makes the day go by quick. Great people to work with everyone is friendly. Pays really well
Great place to develop your skills and move up the corporate ladder
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  CoquitlamSeptember 26, 2013
I am currently employed by Coca Cola and I can honestly say I love it.

I get to make my own schedule and there is zero micromanaging.

Great salary, benefits and culture.

I'm part of a great sales team and everyone values each others input.
Pros
autonomy, realistic targets/bonus
Cons
constantly having to be "online" for customers
Your making someones day when you show up with their favorite beverages
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 5, 2013
-Paperwork, inspect truck and secure load. Drive from delivery to delivery taking product from the truck into the customer to be counted and varified. Put product away and collect monies. drive back to home base, check load, inspect truck, count monies and do paperwork.
-how to be a team player, a lot of critical thinking required, how to deal with a diverse range of customers from different cultures and backgrounds
-I think management has the most stressful job and when heads roll it's usually them that feel it most
-I believe I had the pleasure of working among some of the best drivers Edmonton has to offer
-Customers who are mad at sales/bad orders/wrong orders, although none of these things have to do with the drivers we are the face for the company they see and tend to take it out on the first coca-cola uniform they see
-Making people smile
Pros
being able to look back when your walking out the door ans be able to see a job well done
Cons
couldn't get the time i wanted off when i wanted it off to see family, even with 12 years with the company
Friendly working environment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2013
Coca Cola has very friendly employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to improved my research and analysis.
a learning experience
Inventory Control Analyst/Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 13, 2013
Everynight is always different when it comes to allocating products. I learned that communication is the best key for my role because everything is constantly moving. My job has always been busy because I have to keep the warehouse organize as I can so that no time is wasted upon locating products. I think the hardest part of the job is when I run out of resources e.i. Space, Manpower, and Equipments. Its always been a self achievement if I see my work is done well and organized and that is probably the most rewarding time of my day.
Pros
experience
Cons
micromanaging
Flat, no fizzle
Temporary Order Picker (Former Employee) –  2750 Boul. L'Assomption, Montreal, QCJuly 24, 2013
I interviewed twice with this company in the space of one year - once for a production position in Richmond, BC, and another (for which I was hired) as a seasonal order picker at the distribution center in Montreal, QC. The hiring was done via a phone interview with the head office in Toronto, ON, and an in-person meeting with one of the warehouse supervisors. I had done the same process for the job in Richmond, only without being retained. What stood out at that particular engagement was the way the hiring manager referred to his habit of "booting out" temporary workers that, for one reason or another, didn't meet his requirements (namely obtaining a "boiler ticket" - the reason for which was never clearly elaborated upon); and that they met with many candidates for my positions, and so I shouldn't get my hopes up. He also made me wait for 20 minutes past the appointment time in the lobby. Generally very unprofessional and corporate in diction/demeanor.

Basically, there's no realistic way to be hired permanently by this company if you're taken on as a temp (or seasonal) worker. I inquired and was told the waiting list for a permanent position goes back to 2006. Apparently it now takes one of the "old-timers" (read: guys who've been driving forklifts for 37+ years because they're not competent to do anything else) retiring before a position's available. At that point, it's given for night shift (the one no one generally wants), then evening, then day (both of the latter having their own respective waiting lists).

I found the two on-duty supervisors aloof and disinterested
  more... in warehouse operations other than to chide the material handlers for not moving fast enough. The order pickers themselves were given to slacking off and smoking cigarettes behind the pallet racks, and constantly complained of what they were being asked to do. I also found the jokes between the supervisors and workers (usually directed one-way with sarcastic overtones regarding performance) to be entirely inappropriate for such a large company. The sanitary conditions of the lunch room and toilets was also wholly sub-par.

Suffice it to say that my training (which took place during the day) lasted a few days, after which I notified the supervisors that I was leaving. It's worth mentioning that temporary workers are paid half of what the permanent workers make (therefore not a lot) and that you'll get put on night shift (occasionally evening rotations) if you choose to stay. They also informed me that the bulk of the work would be during the summer, after which the work would essentially dry up for us and only long-term temporary & permanent workers would be able to make 40 hours a week.

PS. For all the references to the benefits of having a limitless supply of soda in the cafeteria, I found the Coke flat and the other beverages less-than-flavorful compared to what's sold in stores.
Pros
honesty: they tell you that your hours get cut off in the fall
Cons
well, everything.
Service to the client
CSR (Former Employee) –  BramptonJune 9, 2013
I was not comfortable spending all of my work hours apolagizing for late deliveries or constant customer complaints, not happy with the way coca cola handles it's clients.
Cool company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2013
Management is very strict and not very friendly. They don't really help with employee needs/ problems instead tell you to deal with it.
Pros
free coke
Cons
too much drugs.. people high on cocaine
Not as good as it's name
Salary (Current Employee) –  BramptonApril 12, 2013
You would think working for Coke would be great! But it is terrible in Brampton, by far the worst I have ever worked for......
Pros
hmmmmmm, oh yes none!
Cons
the lack of good leadership and values
Time Flies
Dispatcher/Distribution Route Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton OntarioApril 8, 2013
A typical day is a typical night for me. I dispatch nights . My day is very full and I pretty much work straight thru, no time for lunch or breaks. I absolutely love what I do . The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the other distribution centers. The guys I work with always put a smile on my face.
The hardest part I guess is working long hours.
I have great co workers and we are a good team and that is very important in my job.

I have learned so much in this position, It has increased my computer skills and has taught me to work under extreme pressure.
Pros
free pop
Cons
Don't leave your current job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  BramptonApril 5, 2013
By far the most un-organized place I have seen! The senior leadership is out of touch with what is going on and the poor hourly people take the brunt of it, I now understand why they need a Union. In my opinion if you currently have a job the grass is not greener here, expect long hours, verbal abuse and very little recognition for your efforts. I have seen very high turnover in the salary work force and the Corporation does nothing about it, even the HR team does not react to all the mis-treated people and their issues. Honestly I would not recommend this as a place to work unless you are desperate for work. The big red machine is turning many people Blue.
Pros
nice hourly staff
Cons
terrible leadership!
GREAT CO WORKERS NOT SO GOOD COMPANY
Distribution Route Specialist / Vending Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2013
It all depends on what department your in and your management. but not a lot of room for advancement. They are very sales driven so watch out if your not the pushy sales type.
Pros
free coke from machine only
productive and organized workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2012
receive orders and build them on a pallet using a power jack to be put on trucks to deliver to stores
Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2012
Worked on several different canning lines, feed boxes on canning line while operting it. Watch glue levels and used can tops on operating line.

Learned how to stop and start canning line.

Worked on can placement for management.

Co-workers were helpful and friendly.

Understanding different cultures, such as language barriers.
was the hardest part of the job.

Clean work enviorment.
lots of variety
DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2012
As a delivery driver you are to finish your route, management are decent people that have moved up the ranks. Physically demanding, You do get to meet a lot of different people and you are always in a different area of the city
Pros
good salary
Cons
work in all kinds of weather

Coca-Cola Refreshments Reviews by Location