Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

Great team, excellent management team. Work life balance very 'imbalanced'
Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2014
A typical day (should have been 8:00-5:00, but was more 7:00-7:00)
Which saw you;
7am opening your emails (usually at least 15 - 20 first thing in the am)
8am quick conference call
8:15 - 9:30am route planning and other daily organization
9:30 or 10:00 on the road completing sales calls. This included all details listed in resume i.e.: selling in priorities, monthly deals, merchandising, completing orders, cleaning coolers and displays if necessary to enhance sale of product, re merchandising, and pricing. Public liaison with your customer and putting out fires.
Always on call during the day, as well ensuring Customer Support Calls are being handled through out the regular duties.
4:00 sometimes later back to computer for follow ups and signing out of calls on BOSS System. Usually until 7:00 pm. Sometimes earlier sometimes even later

What I learned?
Multi Tasking skills, organizational skills and learning how to pace ones self through the day ensuring to eat and not become overwhelmed, especially during trade tour times.

I had 2 amazing District Sales Managers during my time with Coca-Cola. Both skilled in different ways, but extremely good at their roles and ensuring their teams were taken care of accurately and supported as best that they could given disorganized circumstances.
We went through 2 Area Sales Managers in my time. One was great the latter was lacking in personal skills and communication skills. It made the DSM position difficult, but they did a great job despite.

Co-workers
Could not have asked for a better bunch of
  more... people to share my time with. We all worked very well together, being a very diverse crowd we all had different things to offer, and worked very hard for each other. Extremely supportive and fun group. Outside Sales you don't see each other that often so it was a testament to see how close we all were.

Hardest part of the job?
How disorganized it was. The team and our DSM's worked very hard to make our customers happy, however there was not enough time in a day with the amount of staff we had to provide customers with the proper care and follow up they each deserved. As a result, days did not run smoothly and despite efforts I never left a day feeling at peace with my accomplishments, even though at best I was the top achiever and my territory ranked best bonus structure more often than not.
There was quite a revolving door in my three years in the company and the sales teams. As a result I took on many territories at once as well as coached and trained the new staff and the special projects. Add constant Trade Tours, this job all of a sudden robbed me of any work life balance and ultimately led to my desire to leave.
The team became fragmented due to exhaustion.
Throughout, I will maintain that my DSM's were great as they did the best they could under disorganized circumstances. All have since left as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job?
Selling, the customers, the people. The diverse group of customers from territory to territory. The accomplishments and pride in selling in and merchandising a good looking sale. Making customers feel good, laugh and communicating with different personalities everyday.

Our team was great and there were a lot of perks. We were worked very hard, but they were always flexible when you needed something. There was never any guilt when you wanted time off and they urged you to take your holidays. The DSM team was great at acknowledging your accomplishments and rewarding your successes. As they burned out it became less, but they always had an open door and were very supportive.
Pros
Excellent team, great District Sales Manager, good benefits, good holiday structure, excellent flexibility
Cons
work life balance, territories too large to support customers accurately, perks taken away with new structuring
Productive and fun place to work
Sales/Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
Coca-Cola is an amazing brand, which has an unbelievable array of products. It houses a diverse community of employees.
productive, dynamic environment
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2013
this job was a constantly dynamic position that tested my skills in many ways. Some days were better than others here, the long and sporadic hours made for new challenges. The possibility, and implementation of swing shifts (only 8 hours between shifts) made for a personal challenge. There was little time for a scheduled social life while working this position.
Pros
wage
Cons
long hours, sporadic scheduling
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 November 2015
I enjoyed working here because we were constantly busy all the time. I gained problem solving skills when we has problems in the production line. The co-workers are always helpful.
Pros
easy job
Cons
a lot of rotating shift work
Fast paced competitive atmosphere
Equipment Distribution Planner (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario15 September 2014
As home to one of this biggest brands on the planet, there is never a dull moment at Coca Cola Refreshment. Expanding upon the companies number one spot is the prime focus. Things are constantly happening, gaining new customers, fighting to retaining existing customers. Brand innovation, you name it.
Pros
Being an ambassador for one of the most successful companies on the planet
safe workplace environment
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  edmonton30 March 2015
safe work environment, good management, helpful co workers, learned how to be a team worker. hardest part is sometime have to work 13 14 hours a shift alone in the night and look after all the problems. fun to do this job as we making beverages.
great work place.
account manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 November 2015
lots of training so you can deal with customers.
how to deal with customers.
how to manage your route to get everything done on time.
co-worker always ready to help.
meet your targets.
all the new people you deal with everyday.
Productive and Great team work
Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton ontario17 September 2014
An ISS has many roles, customer service can be challenging at times but to be able to solve an irate customers issue within the phone call gives me motivation... Very friendly co-workers that keep the atmosphere lively and fun, like a family
Pros
Good hours with vacation and benefits
Cons
communication between team leaders - not being on the same page
Great incentives/flexibility with vacation
Flex/EDI Agent (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 November 2014
Great people, friendly environment.

Management is always willing to support and assist when needed.

Working from home is a great opportunity.

Able to move up within a reasonable amount of time.

Training is a fun, learning atmosphere.

Sufficient amount of vacation time with the option to buy more.
cool work
Driver Merchandiser- Part time (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 September 2012
First couple of weeks I had to learn about scanners, its kind of challenging. I learned about customer services and the management is very friendly. I have worked with number of co-workers, who treated me in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part of this work is meeting different people everyday and driving.
excellent exposure to supply chain management
Deductions Analyst/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton17 November 2014
-valued experienced gained in understanding operations and supply chain management
-challenging fast paced environment
-valued seeing changes in processes due to ideas which I contributed to
Pros
Often worked independently on projects
Cons
Relocation of office
good job
Order builder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2015
working here was great everyone was friendly and helpful. Learnt a lot working here learning both ways to order pick great place to work
Don't work here
accounts manager (Former Employee) –  Summerside20 March 2015
Could care less about their employees. All they care about is the bottom line. Stores do not get the proper merchandising cause hours are cut way back. Impossible people to deal with. No loyalty to their employees whatsoever. You have to be real desperate to acce4pt a position here as they will give you no respect, expect you to do 40 hours work in 10 hours and absolutely refuse to give anyone vacation time, even though it is against the law to do so. Worst company ever.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Pay is great
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2014
Pay is great and good management but the turnover is real slow, so it takes years before you can get full-time and you're expected to be on EI during the slow months.
Great Team and Loved it!
Quality Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2015
Working closely with Logistics for Canada and the U.S - communication with National clients on service calls. Loved working with my team and my managers. I miss them dearly as the positions were moved to the States. Everyone was there to help each other if any teams needed help and we all got along great! Best company I've worked for in a long time! Positive work flow environment - worked closely with different areas of Canada on scheduling service calls for National clients.
Pros
Great team!!
Cons
Positions went elsewhere outside of Canada
Good stepping stone once post secondary completed
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2014
Upsell display activity in all accounts with sales team to meet volume targets.
Lots of coaching with team and trade visits by senior management.
Pros
Passion of employees
Cons
Too much red tape
good work place
Filler Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  phillipines16 September 2012
good company .....knows how to oprates machines..enjoying with my fellow co workers,,, hardest part is when we do the long hours like 3 pm to 7am in the morinig which is 16 hours ....
Pros
bring food
Cons
nigth shift hours
Loved working here
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 April 2014
Simple job, lots of time to thing and be alone. Management changed while working there, not so great anymore.
Pros
Good pay and mileage reimbursement
Cons
Hard work
nice place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  edmonton30 March 2015
hardest part was that there was lot of heavy stuff to move.

good co-workers.
nice pay as compared to job.
nice job benefits.
Meeting different People
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Regina22 March 2014
Typical day at work, display product and talk to store manager about products.
Hardest part of the job, long hours
Most enjoyable part of the job, I get to meet new people every time
Pros
Unsupervised