Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

Ole Boys Club & Nepotism Is alive and well (Brampton)
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton8 May 2015
The job is easy. You put pop on wood, then on a truck, then deliver it to a customer. Not saving any lives here. The employees are a challenge at times but that's because the upper management and HR are so out of touch with how a proper support structure works. Strong and malicious unions are a direct result of poor management. If you don't crack the ole boys club they will sell you down the river over and over. They,(the managers) are all recycled through the ranks over and over. The top brass executives say the right things but as it filters down the ranks it's not even close to being aligned with the companies policies. Work anywhere but Brampton unless you like being blamed for everything because the useless managers that are recycled, and because, it will cost to much to get rid of them. plus the absolute blatant nepotism is your thing go for it. Hey at least they will pay you good. I was, and many more will be tricked by big red, I had such high hopes for working there for the rest of my life. But remember this review when you think about how the majority of your days go. Good Luck. I could go on for days but most are going to think I'm just a disgruntled former employee so I will let you figure it out yourself.
Pros
Free Pop and Good Wage
Cons
Manager level and up, HR
productive, dynamic environment
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2013
this job was a constantly dynamic position that tested my skills in many ways. Some days were better than others here, the long and sporadic hours made for new challenges. The possibility, and implementation of swing shifts (only 8 hours between shifts) made for a personal challenge. There was little time for a scheduled social life while working this position.
Pros
wage
Cons
long hours, sporadic scheduling
Fast paced competitive atmosphere
Equipment Distribution Planner (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario15 September 2014
As home to one of this biggest brands on the planet, there is never a dull moment at Coca Cola Refreshment. Expanding upon the companies number one spot is the prime focus. Things are constantly happening, gaining new customers, fighting to retaining existing customers. Brand innovation, you name it.
Pros
Being an ambassador for one of the most successful companies on the planet
Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2012
Worked on several different canning lines, feed boxes on canning line while operting it. Watch glue levels and used can tops on operating line.

Learned how to stop and start canning line.

Worked on can placement for management.

Co-workers were helpful and friendly.

Understanding different cultures, such as language barriers.
was the hardest part of the job.

Clean work enviorment.
High stress and working on your own
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BC23 August 2014
meeting with store managers, ordering product, dealing with customer issues, executing promotional material
Pros
car allowance
Great Team and Loved it!
Quality Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2015
Working closely with Logistics for Canada and the U.S - communication with National clients on service calls. Loved working with my team and my managers. I miss them dearly as the positions were moved to the States. Everyone was there to help each other if any teams needed help and we all got along great! Best company I've worked for in a long time! Positive work flow environment - worked closely with different areas of Canada on scheduling service calls for National clients.
Pros
Great team!!
Cons
Positions went elsewhere outside of Canada
job description
Temporary labourer (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, Manitoba20 August 2015
a new type of maintenance from previous work. I learned some

different cultural customs and met a variety of people than I had

in previous types of employment. I moved around in my

job descriptions which kept work more interesting.
Don't work here
accounts manager (Former Employee) –  Summerside20 March 2015
Could care less about their employees. All they care about is the bottom line. Stores do not get the proper merchandising cause hours are cut way back. Impossible people to deal with. No loyalty to their employees whatsoever. You have to be real desperate to acce4pt a position here as they will give you no respect, expect you to do 40 hours work in 10 hours and absolutely refuse to give anyone vacation time, even though it is against the law to do so. Worst company ever.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Fun and productive environment
Reporting & Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2015
CCRC is the hallmark of Coca Cola bottling world. By catering all of Canada, you get to learn a lot about different aspects of the company.
Old merchandiser are given superior treatment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, CA28 March 2015
Cons: Not Paid OT, treated badly, sales/account managers make you do extra work
Ive been working as a merchandiser for so long yet i still feel like other merchandiser are treated better than me even though ive been working so hard.

Old merchandiser gets most of the hours but they make you do most of the work. If anyone calls in sick, the merchandisers call me to cover their calls. I mean this is no fair on my side. I cant stick to my schedule because i dont know when someone will call in sick and i will have to work OT that day. Beside i dont get paid for it. I usually work for 8-9 hours in a day but only get paid for 4 or 5 hours.

Its not worth the effort, i feel there is alot of discrimintation going on there. If you have been working there for 8-9 years they will treat you superior than others.

I just heard from someone today, who left the job a while ago. Now they want him to come back and he accepted the offer. They offered him a new phone as soon as he arrived but ive been working for almost an year but i still havent got a company phone.

I feel my hard efforts are going waste.
Pros
Free coke once in a Million years
Cons
OT not paid, not treated fairly, old merchandiser treated better, kms cut
Pay is great
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2014
Pay is great and good management but the turnover is real slow, so it takes years before you can get full-time and you're expected to be on EI during the slow months.
Productive and trendy workplace
Pricing/Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2014
A typical day is very productive and goes by quickly.
Periodic interactions with members of management.
Pleasant co-workers who are not afraid to engage.
The hardest part of the job is the occasional increase in workload.
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is the interaction with other and working together to achieve a common goal.
Pros
Free beverages
safe workplace environment
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  edmonton30 March 2015
safe work environment, good management, helpful co workers, learned how to be a team worker. hardest part is sometime have to work 13 14 hours a shift alone in the night and look after all the problems. fun to do this job as we making beverages.
good work place
Filler Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  phillipines16 September 2012
good company .....knows how to oprates machines..enjoying with my fellow co workers,,, hardest part is when we do the long hours like 3 pm to 7am in the morinig which is 16 hours ....
Pros
bring food
Cons
nigth shift hours
Snakes In The Grass
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Weston8 April 2015
This place is a joke to work for! During the summer you get tons of hours, they ask you to work overtime at the end of your shift at the end of the week. All good if you like to work right?! And so you work your tail off and never complain. Then October comes around and you get called in twice in the whole month. Meanwhile older guys are getting overtime. Then you don't hear from them again until 2 days before Christmas. So they screwed you over at holiday time...but hey it"s Coke, not many people drink cold beverages in the winter. So then your manager calls you at 6:20am on January 2nd because it's -40 outside. Or they call you the next week because there's 40cm of snow that dropped. How does that make sense? Schools are closed guys, we have lives too. Pepsi was right...Coke is a 1 trick pony. A 1 trick pony that should be put out to pasture. The whole time I worked there they had Frito Lays products in their vending machine in the lunch room. In 6 months of steady work there, I saw them not renew the HR's contract, fire one manager because he wasn't mean enough, and get rid of a handful of other employees who were either on their phones or were stealing (so yes they all deserved termination).
Pros
Most fellow employees are helpful
Cons
Too many snakes in the grass
Great incentives/flexibility with vacation
Flex/EDI Agent (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 November 2014
Great people, friendly environment.

Management is always willing to support and assist when needed.

Working from home is a great opportunity.

Able to move up within a reasonable amount of time.

Training is a fun, learning atmosphere.

Sufficient amount of vacation time with the option to buy more.
a learning experience
Inventory Control Analyst/Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2013
Everynight is always different when it comes to allocating products. I learned that communication is the best key for my role because everything is constantly moving. My job has always been busy because I have to keep the warehouse organize as I can so that no time is wasted upon locating products. I think the hardest part of the job is when I run out of resources e.i. Space, Manpower, and Equipments. Its always been a self achievement if I see my work is done well and organized and that is probably the most rewarding time of my day.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Micromanaging
Productive and worked in different locations everyday.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 April 2012
I would drive to different cities, depending on the schedule, ranging from Belleville to Brockville. I would go to different stores that sold Coca-Cola products such as Wal-Mart and Metro and restock all of Coca-Cola's product while keeping the back tidy. I would travel alone and work alone while keeping track of the time I spent at each store and the mileage I drove. I would deal with the store managers to get a signature or approval that my duties were complete. The hardest part of the job is to start my day near the same time as a truck arrival. This is because if I came in too early I would not have much to do until the truck came and if I came too late I would have to work extra fast due to the fact that other trucks for different companies were also arriving. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I got to meet and work with different managers from different stores. Also I enjoyed driving to different cities which always kept me busy.
Pros
always kept busy, worked at my own pace, had my own hours
Cons
schedules were poorly made
Loved working here
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 April 2014
Simple job, lots of time to thing and be alone. Management changed while working there, not so great anymore.
Pros
Good pay and mileage reimbursement
Cons
Hard work
excellent exposure to supply chain management
Deductions Analyst/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton17 November 2014
-valued experienced gained in understanding operations and supply chain management
-challenging fast paced environment
-valued seeing changes in processes due to ideas which I contributed to
Pros
Often worked independently on projects
Cons
Relocation of office

Coca-Cola Refreshments Reviews by Location