Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

GREAT CO WORKERS NOT SO GOOD COMPANY
Distribution Route Specialist / Vending Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2013
It all depends on what department your in and your management. but not a lot of room for advancement. They are very sales driven so watch out if your not the pushy sales type.
Pros
free coke from machine only
Cons
lazy union warehouse and few of the truck drivers
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  brampton3 August 2015
I can easily say the distribution/warehouse at ccrc is a joke In brampton slows down the whole process in all works of the sales,merch and sales has to take the heat from the customers concently...things are confusing with no real answer and no clear solutions to the issues.....I respect everyone on my team and any other large volume merchandising teams...because boys and girls we all get paid like poo and bust our butt like Noone knows but us ( new pepsi hire makes 6 dollers more for the same job ) no Benifits ( rare they take you full time almost impossible ) turn over rate is riduilous liturally if 50 people get hired guarantee at years end you only have max 20 left. direct supervisors and lead hands are hardworking....but everyone else is clueless....maybe the marketing team at ccrc ( who produce quality ) can take over and run trucks or forclifts in the plant. or better bring your merchandiser teams from all over the gta and let them work your production, I guarantee you they know the definition of hard work,time management, teamwork etc...

most of all pay your merchs more!!!....pretend like you care. I dare anyone of you office people to try to work a 5-7 store day with every store having anywhere from 3 to 7 skids ...all by your self ....day in and out
Pros
mileage/flexible/direct supervisors
Cons
bad PAY no Benifits
Productive and fun workplace
Full Time Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto8 July 2015
Fun workplace with a great intern management team, I was able to learn a lot, with intense training, and grow and be apart of a great team. With any large company, there is a lot of management changes, decisions that occur that makes for a lot of red tape and politics to occur.
Administrative Support - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2016
I do auto cad projects on an as needed basis. I also communicate with management to discuss the fine details of the current project.
a very good place to work
ORDER PICKER/ FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2016
start picking i have learn a lot the management was very good co were very easy to work with picking for four hr straight and only having 1 break per day picking hard and trying to be one of the top pickers
Pros
free pop and lunches
Cons
being on call
Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2012
Worked on several different canning lines, feed boxes on canning line while operting it. Watch glue levels and used can tops on operating line.

Learned how to stop and start canning line.

Worked on can placement for management.

Co-workers were helpful and friendly.

Understanding different cultures, such as language barriers.
was the hardest part of the job.

Clean work enviorment.
Enjoyable experiences
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  London UK8 July 2015
I lernt a lot and discovered that I do honestly work just as effectively in a team or on my own initiative. I found that working with a blue chip company enables employees to work hard, because of the career progression and opportunities.
Pros
THE TEAM
Cons
TRAFFIC
Great manufacturing work experience
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2012
Learned about working with multiple cross functional departments and from the facility level to the corporate level. Hardest part of the job is learning all facets of management to be able to drive the change required where it is needed. The most enjoyable part of the job are the great hard working people who work along side you.
Pros
free soda
Cons
Great place to develop your skills and move up the corporate ladder
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam26 September 2013
I am currently employed by Coca Cola and I can honestly say I love it.

I get to make my own schedule and there is zero micromanaging.

Great salary, benefits and culture.

I'm part of a great sales team and everyone values each others input.
Pros
Autonomy, realistic targets/bonus
Cons
Constantly having to be "online" for customers
Great starter job
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 June 2015
A typical day at Coca-cola was following break schedules and specking with customers to place product orders.
At Coca-cola I leaned, that every opportunity is a good one. How to be more of a team player. As for Management, I was disappointed in the roles/ respect some members had for their fellow co-workers. Hardest part of the job was being able to relax and enjoy what you do on a daily basis, scorecard inconsistencies were discouraging. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company pride all employees had. No matter the cons of the job, working for a world wide known company like Cola cola was a great feeling.
Pros
Discounts on product, Company Pride
Cons
No shift flexibility, point system
Amazing and friendly workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 February 2015
Every day starts with greeting to everyone as we walk to our desk. Everyone knows everyone. Small chat to kick start the another day. Each day there is a new exposure to new and old customers we met on the phone yesterday. We can see and feel the smile of the customers during the conversation over the phone. Our supervisors and managers are always smiling and chatting with us, asking how we are doing today. The hardest part of the job cannot be determined as there're not really. Our colleagues, supervisors, managers, everyone in the office makes it so nice to be with everyone. Enjoying each and every moment of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being here to take care of every customers and help them in their orders and queries. Each and every day is different from the previous one.
Pros
Casual off-friday on specific days. Fun spirit day.
Cons
Only the salary..
Very supportive co-workers
Power Engineer/ Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 August 2015
For barely working at Coke for 2 years, my mechanical skills are more enhanced and made me more attentive to details. I can say, I am more aware with "safety first" when performing work. I became more confident in dealing and working with different people.
Although outstanding employees are recognized and appreciated, I though It could have been more interesting if the management have given better rewards.
Pros
Good exposure to industrial mechanics
Cons
Too much pressure working alone on a shift.
Large growith potential
Coca-Cola Bulk Store Merch (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 May 2016
Product sells itself just be out there at all times and up sell. Be persistent and be strong and push new lines and space gains as poissible
Nice and friendly
Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
Very good overall, the only downside is me being Intern and not employee. Friendly people, nice place and hours. Management and overall atmosphere is good.
great workplace
Senior Financial Analyst Revenue (Current Employee) –  toronto, ontario23 April 2016
great atmosphere, amazing team spirit, the best brand in the world.

You will love working here, you will make friends and will get inspired.
coke
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 October 2015
Great company, Good benefits, can be a stressful environment. Does not fast track employees. I would recommend to young grads that just got out of university. I would not recommend to those who are professional seeking a means to support their family.
Pros
networking
Cons
stress
Fast pace work environment with little down time
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 November 2015
Management was good at helping staff attain goals and teaching skills necessary for the job. Staff were great to work with.
Pros
Fast pace environment with little down time
Cons
Sometimes felt like a robot with the script given to answer calls
lots of variety
DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2012
As a delivery driver you are to finish your route, management are decent people that have moved up the ranks. Physically demanding, You do get to meet a lot of different people and you are always in a different area of the city
Pros
good salary
Cons
work in all kinds of weather
Working at Coke!
Production Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2015
When I started working for Coke I worked day and afternoon shift. I learned how Coke is made, bottled, and packaged. I learned about the machines on the four production lines and a little about how to program them for the various products that are made at the plant. Later I switched to graveyard shift and I learned the importance of cleanliness within the production plant. The plant recently went through some upgrades and we all did some training on new computers for inventory control and tracking.
Management is great. They have an open door policy and will listen to questions and concerns that employees have about any topics.
My co-workers are the best. They are always happy to answer all my questions about safety, equipment, production.
The hardest part of my job is working all night and being in school during the day. Some weeks I was working up to five nights going home getting a couple of hours of sleep then going to school for five or six hours then going home getting a couple of hours of sleep and go back to work and doing that for the week.
Most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people, earning a living, and being independent. I get some much gratification from working hard for something. Not just my night job but also being in school and working towards something.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
The hours are not Guaranteed.
DONT WORK HERE
Sales (Former Employee) –  Alberta7 April 2015
Did not really enjoy my time with this company. Worked really hard for them and never really got recognized. Turned my sales area around and made my target volume every quarter but nothing was ever good enough.

Management is VERY unprofessional as they slander customers. Management considered in market "execution" as giving away hockey tickets or gift cards in exchange for extra product or floor space. In other words they would ask the lower workers to bribe customers. Management would often make promise and either forget about them or not follow through. This made a huge problem as my customers took it out on me.

For the amount of driving done for this job the compensation is not worth it. The wear and tear you put on your vehicle is ridiculous and only compensated with an extra couple hundred bucks every month. Also damage to inside of car from management making us take out 4-8 "case stackers" in cardboard boxes which in turn would smell up your car and make the inside dusty. It came to the point where stores would already have one and when I was asked to take 5 case stackers I would just toss them.

Bonuses are usually attainable and benefits were really good. Other then that there wasn't much upside to working. It sounds a lot more glamourous then it actually is.

I'd recommend higher management do a month as an account rep and see if they can meet some of the ridiculous goals they expected from us.
Pros
Benefits and Bonus
Cons
Management, Driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Refreshments. Our community is ready to answer.

Coca-Cola Refreshments Reviews by Location