Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

Fun people, great brands, but reactive environment
Manager - Category Revenue Growth Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2015
The Coca Cola Canada organization is great to learn the ins & outs of a top tier consumer packaged goods. The marketing department is likely the most value added group as they get to deal with the long term direction of great brands.

The toughest part about working there is the reactive nature of responding to the marketplace. It was never an environment where any risks were taken and for that reason, they have fallen to smaller competitors in this marketplace.
Pros
Excellent work life balance in most areas(mgr discretion)
Cons
management driven decisions are very reactive to the marketplace, Advancement based on performance is not emphasized.
Waste of time
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg6 July 2015
Been working here 4year management didnt treat employee right, stock to your position for a long time and no chance of being permanent full time management give you false hope. Lot of partime guys still waiting to get full time but no hope. Pension no good benefit nothing!management force you to work like a full time but paid as a part time.
Pros
You wish
Cons
They will just use you
Not a Fun Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2015
Too many side deals within the organisation between upper management and hourly associates. No discipline towards any process if the hourly associate doesn't like the decision made by a middle manager then they approach upper management where the decision is over turned.
Pros
Free Fountain Soda
Cons
Nepetism
Fun and Exciting place to work at.
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON14 July 2015
A Great Company to work with. I have started my career with Coca Cola as Graduate Engineer and over a period I was promoted as Quality Systems Manager.
Team is very good.Employee appreciation is good.Very cooperative top management.Reasonable Vacations and benefits.Pay is less when compared to other companies.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales/Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
Coca-Cola is an amazing brand, which has an unbelievable array of products. It houses a diverse community of employees.
Loved every minute of working at Coca Cola
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2015
Great company to work for. Excellent benefits and ample room for opportunity to advancement.
As long as you work for it this Coke will take care of you. Great culture and employees are appreciated. Not like most large corporations.
Great Team and Loved it!
Quality Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2015
Working closely with Logistics for Canada and the U.S - communication with National clients on service calls. Loved working with my team and my managers. I miss them dearly as the positions were moved to the States. Everyone was there to help each other if any teams needed help and we all got along great! Best company I've worked for in a long time! Positive work flow environment - worked closely with different areas of Canada on scheduling service calls for National clients.
Pros
Great team!!
Cons
Positions went elsewhere outside of Canada
Don't work here
accounts manager (Former Employee) –  Summerside20 March 2015
Could care less about their employees. All they care about is the bottom line. Stores do not get the proper merchandising cause hours are cut way back. Impossible people to deal with. No loyalty to their employees whatsoever. You have to be real desperate to acce4pt a position here as they will give you no respect, expect you to do 40 hours work in 10 hours and absolutely refuse to give anyone vacation time, even though it is against the law to do so. Worst company ever.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Fast-paced quick learning company
Market Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2015
Working for a brand as large as Coca-Cola is prestigious so they only accept the highest quality of employees. To succeed you must be a fast learner and a hard worker. Market Development Manager can be overwhelming at times because you are held to a high standard and the work can be very reactionary depending on your customers.
Pros
Flexible hours, good balance of salary vs. bonus
Cons
Not a lot of performance perks, fairly cheap company
Productive and fun workplace
Full Time Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto8 July 2015
Fun workplace with a great intern management team, I was able to learn a lot, with intense training, and grow and be apart of a great team. With any large company, there is a lot of management changes, decisions that occur that makes for a lot of red tape and politics to occur.
A great company to learn with, but many problems.
Order builder/ labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2015
The warehouse was rarely clean, dust and mold would contaminate the products. People would work while sick with the flue or other illnesses and they wouldn't take the necessary precautions to prevent the illness from spreading. Individuals were forced to work over the standard 5 days a week. Supervisors would harass and distract workers. There was little to no communication between management and staff. Progressing with this company was nearly impossible.
pathetic company to work for!
driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2015
management doesn't treat employees well.. if something goes wrong they don't communicate--they just ignore you. A typical day is driving a delivery truck and delivering pop to stores. I learned that coke has a big image but poor relations with people. People are just a number. The only good part of the job was meeting customers but the customers didn't like the way coke treated them either..Stay away from this totally poorly run company.. Most of their equipment is from 1998.. One might have thought that coke might be more current than that.
Pros
drivers will help you learn the job
Cons
long hours and poor management
An overall fun experience with great management.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 September 2014
In my short time with coca cola I have acquired many skills as well as had the chance to meet a lot of new people who have helped me along the way. I enjoy working for this company as I have had previous experiences in Saudi Arabia with coca cola. I intend to work for this company for a long time but I have a desire to move up as I feel as that I can do better in higher up positions. Overall it has been a great experience and I look forward to continue to work with coca cola and it's employees.
Pros
Good work environment
Fast paced competitive atmosphere
Equipment Distribution Planner (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario15 September 2014
As home to one of this biggest brands on the planet, there is never a dull moment at Coca Cola Refreshment. Expanding upon the companies number one spot is the prime focus. Things are constantly happening, gaining new customers, fighting to retaining existing customers. Brand innovation, you name it.
Pros
Being an ambassador for one of the most successful companies on the planet
Cons
Don't leave your current job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton5 April 2013
By far the most un-organized place I have seen! The senior leadership is out of touch with what is going on and the poor hourly people take the brunt of it, I now understand why they need a Union. In my opinion if you currently have a job the grass is not greener here, expect long hours, verbal abuse and very little recognition for your efforts. I have seen very high turnover in the salary work force and the Corporation does nothing about it, even the HR team does not react to all the mis-treated people and their issues. Honestly I would not recommend this as a place to work unless you are desperate for work. The big red machine is turning many people Blue.
Pros
nice hourly staff
Cons
terrible leadership!
Time Flies
Dispatcher/Distribution Route Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton Ontario8 April 2013
A typical day is a typical night for me. I dispatch nights . My day is very full and I pretty much work straight thru, no time for lunch or breaks. I absolutely love what I do . The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the other distribution centers. The guys I work with always put a smile on my face.
The hardest part I guess is working long hours.
I have great co workers and we are a good team and that is very important in my job.

I have learned so much in this position, It has increased my computer skills and has taught me to work under extreme pressure.
Pros
free pop
a learning experience
Inventory Control Analyst/Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2013
Everynight is always different when it comes to allocating products. I learned that communication is the best key for my role because everything is constantly moving. My job has always been busy because I have to keep the warehouse organize as I can so that no time is wasted upon locating products. I think the hardest part of the job is when I run out of resources e.i. Space, Manpower, and Equipments. Its always been a self achievement if I see my work is done well and organized and that is probably the most rewarding time of my day.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Micromanaging
A job that has stress around every corner
Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 November 2016
This job seemed okay at first but over time it changed drastically. I was given training for 3 days in my first week but then the whole week after they never scheduled me at all and when I asked why I wasn't I never got a response until 3 days later & didn't work for a whole week. After a whole week of not working I was trained for 2 more days and expected to work in stores overnight by myself which I felt was really rushed. The job its self can be tiring, if your lucky there will only be one or two skids of product to place but usually there is about 6 or 7 loads to do per store ( you get about 3 or 4 stores a night ) and after awhile this can be tiring when working by yourself, I suggest stretching before and after if your going to do this job and to get alot of sleep and eat well before your shift cause work starts at about 11 pm - 1am and can go all the way to 11am the next day, depending on your load but most shifts are 9 hours so to anyone that isn't used to working overnights I highly suggest you prepare your body for this. Your going to random stores within the GTA so sometimes at certain stores the pump trucks aren't working well and there can be delays in when the trucks deliver coca cola product which can delay when you finish.

Management is horrible with communication and they often will only email you back when they need to get information through, it seems as if they dont care about your problems. Many times they have scheduled me on my days off that I requested I have off when I first started and when I would finally get a response back I would get responses
  more... such as " Were short this week and it will change next week" or " sorry, would you still be able to work?"

This job is a minimum of 24 hours weekly but sometimes there are weeks where no hours are given at all, sometimes 2 weeks straight so if your looking for a steady job with good income I would be cautious of working here.
Pros
They pay 50 cents per km you drive
Cons
longs hard hours, heavy lifting, working by your self
productive, dynamic environment
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2013
this job was a constantly dynamic position that tested my skills in many ways. Some days were better than others here, the long and sporadic hours made for new challenges. The possibility, and implementation of swing shifts (only 8 hours between shifts) made for a personal challenge. There was little time for a scheduled social life while working this position.
Pros
wage
Cons
long hours, sporadic scheduling
Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2012
Worked on several different canning lines, feed boxes on canning line while operting it. Watch glue levels and used can tops on operating line.

Learned how to stop and start canning line.

Worked on can placement for management.

Co-workers were helpful and friendly.

Understanding different cultures, such as language barriers.
was the hardest part of the job.

Clean work enviorment.