Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

Waste of time
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  WinnipegJuly 6, 2015
Been working here 4year management didnt treat employee right, stock to your position for a long time and no chance of being permanent full time management give you false hope. Lot of partime guys still waiting to get full time but no hope. Pension no good benefit nothing!management force you to work like a full time but paid as a part time.
Pros
You wish
Cons
They will just use you
Productive Work and works well with school
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaAugust 27, 2015
Coca Cola gradually wen through a management system that saw many great changes. The new managers implemented a better system of accountability among workers and management.
Great team, excellent management team. Work life balance very 'imbalanced'
Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2014
A typical day (should have been 8:00-5:00, but was more 7:00-7:00)
Which saw you;
7am opening your emails (usually at least 15 - 20 first thing in the am)
8am quick conference call
8:15 - 9:30am route planning and other daily organization
9:30 or 10:00 on the road completing sales calls. This included all details listed in resume i.e.: selling in priorities, monthly deals, merchandising, completing orders, cleaning coolers and displays if necessary to enhance sale of product, re merchandising, and pricing. Public liaison with your customer and putting out fires.
Always on call during the day, as well ensuring Customer Support Calls are being handled through out the regular duties.
4:00 sometimes later back to computer for follow ups and signing out of calls on BOSS System. Usually until 7:00 pm. Sometimes earlier sometimes even later

What I learned?
Multi Tasking skills, organizational skills and learning how to pace ones self through the day ensuring to eat and not become overwhelmed, especially during trade tour times.

I had 2 amazing District Sales Managers during my time with Coca-Cola. Both skilled in different ways, but extremely good at their roles and ensuring their teams were taken care of accurately and supported as best that they could given disorganized circumstances.
We went through 2 Area Sales Managers in my time. One was great the latter was lacking in personal skills and communication skills. It made the DSM position difficult, but they did a great job despite.

Co-workers
Could not have asked for a better bunch of people to share my time with.
  more... We all worked very well together, being a very diverse crowd we all had different things to offer, and worked very hard for each other. Extremely supportive and fun group. Outside Sales you don't see each other that often so it was a testament to see how close we all were.

Hardest part of the job?
How disorganized it was. The team and our DSM's worked very hard to make our customers happy, however there was not enough time in a day with the amount of staff we had to provide customers with the proper care and follow up they each deserved. As a result, days did not run smoothly and despite efforts I never left a day feeling at peace with my accomplishments, even though at best I was the top achiever and my territory ranked best bonus structure more often than not.
There was quite a revolving door in my three years in the company and the sales teams. As a result I took on many territories at once as well as coached and trained the new staff and the special projects. Add constant Trade Tours, this job all of a sudden robbed me of any work life balance and ultimately led to my desire to leave.
The team became fragmented due to exhaustion.
Throughout, I will maintain that my DSM's were great as they did the best they could under disorganized circumstances. All have since left as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job?
Selling, the customers, the people. The diverse group of customers from territory to territory. The accomplishments and pride in selling in and merchandising a good looking sale. Making customers feel good, laugh and communicating with different personalities everyday.

Our team was great and there were a lot of perks. We were worked very hard, but they were always flexible when you needed something. There was never any guilt when you wanted time off and they urged you to take your holidays. The DSM team was great at acknowledging your accomplishments and rewarding your successes. As they burned out it became less, but they always had an open door and were very supportive.
Pros
excellent team, great district sales manager, good benefits, good holiday structure, excellent flexibility
Cons
work life balance, territories too large to support customers accurately, perks taken away with new structuring
GREAT CO WORKERS NOT SO GOOD COMPANY
Distribution Route Specialist / Vending Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2013
It all depends on what department your in and your management. but not a lot of room for advancement. They are very sales driven so watch out if your not the pushy sales type.
Pros
free coke from machine only
Cons
An overall fun experience with great management.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 16, 2014
In my short time with coca cola I have acquired many skills as well as had the chance to meet a lot of new people who have helped me along the way. I enjoy working for this company as I have had previous experiences in Saudi Arabia with coca cola. I intend to work for this company for a long time but I have a desire to move up as I feel as that I can do better in higher up positions. Overall it has been a great experience and I look forward to continue to work with coca cola and it's employees.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Ole Boys Club & Nepotism Is alive and well (Brampton)
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BramptonMay 8, 2015
The job is easy. You put pop on wood, then on a truck, then deliver it to a customer. Not saving any lives here. The employees are a challenge at times but that's because the upper management and HR are so out of touch with how a proper support structure works. Strong and malicious unions are a direct result of poor management. If you don't crack the ole boys club they will sell you down the river over and over. They,(the managers) are all recycled through the ranks over and over. The top brass executives say the right things but as it filters down the ranks it's not even close to being aligned with the companies policies. Work anywhere but Brampton unless you like being blamed for everything because the useless managers that are recycled, and because, it will cost to much to get rid of them. plus the absolute blatant nepotism is your thing go for it. Hey at least they will pay you good. I was, and many more will be tricked by big red, I had such high hopes for working there for the rest of my life. But remember this review when you think about how the majority of your days go. Good Luck. I could go on for days but most are going to think I'm just a disgruntled former employee so I will let you figure it out yourself.
Pros
Free Pop and Good Wage
Cons
Manager level and up, HR
job description
Temporary labourer (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, ManitobaAugust 20, 2015
a new type of maintenance from previous work. I learned some

different cultural customs and met a variety of people than I had

in previous types of employment. I moved around in my

job descriptions which kept work more interesting.
A great company to learn with, but many problems.
Order builder/ labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2015
The warehouse was rarely clean, dust and mold would contaminate the products. People would work while sick with the flue or other illnesses and they wouldn't take the necessary precautions to prevent the illness from spreading. Individuals were forced to work over the standard 5 days a week. Supervisors would harass and distract workers. There was little to no communication between management and staff. Progressing with this company was nearly impossible.
Fun and productive environment
Reporting & Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2015
CCRC is the hallmark of Coca Cola bottling world. By catering all of Canada, you get to learn a lot about different aspects of the company.
Your making someones day when you show up with their favorite beverages
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 5, 2013
-Paperwork, inspect truck and secure load. Drive from delivery to delivery taking product from the truck into the customer to be counted and varified. Put product away and collect monies. drive back to home base, check load, inspect truck, count monies and do paperwork.
-how to be a team player, a lot of critical thinking required, how to deal with a diverse range of customers from different cultures and backgrounds
-I think management has the most stressful job and when heads roll it's usually them that feel it most
-I believe I had the pleasure of working among some of the best drivers Edmonton has to offer
-Customers who are mad at sales/bad orders/wrong orders, although none of these things have to do with the drivers we are the face for the company they see and tend to take it out on the first coca-cola uniform they see
-Making people smile
Pros
being able to look back when your walking out the door ans be able to see a job well done
Cons
couldn't get the time i wanted off when i wanted it off to see family, even with 12 years with the company
Great manufacturing work experience
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2012
Learned about working with multiple cross functional departments and from the facility level to the corporate level. Hardest part of the job is learning all facets of management to be able to drive the change required where it is needed. The most enjoyable part of the job are the great hard working people who work along side you.
Pros
free soda
Time Flies
Dispatcher/Distribution Route Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton OntarioApril 8, 2013
A typical day is a typical night for me. I dispatch nights . My day is very full and I pretty much work straight thru, no time for lunch or breaks. I absolutely love what I do . The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the other distribution centers. The guys I work with always put a smile on my face.
The hardest part I guess is working long hours.
I have great co workers and we are a good team and that is very important in my job.

I have learned so much in this position, It has increased my computer skills and has taught me to work under extreme pressure.
Pros
free pop
Flat, no fizzle
Temporary Order Picker (Former Employee) –  2750 Boul. L'Assomption, Montreal, QCJuly 24, 2013
I interviewed twice with this company in the space of one year - once for a production position in Richmond, BC, and another (for which I was hired) as a seasonal order picker at the distribution center in Montreal, QC. The hiring was done via a phone interview with the head office in Toronto, ON, and an in-person meeting with one of the warehouse supervisors. I had done the same process for the job in Richmond, only without being retained. What stood out at that particular engagement was the way the hiring manager referred to his habit of "booting out" temporary workers that, for one reason or another, didn't meet his requirements (namely obtaining a "boiler ticket" - the reason for which was never clearly elaborated upon); and that they met with many candidates for my positions, and so I shouldn't get my hopes up. He also made me wait for 20 minutes past the appointment time in the lobby. Generally very unprofessional and corporate in diction/demeanor.

Basically, there's no realistic way to be hired permanently by this company if you're taken on as a temp (or seasonal) worker. I inquired and was told the waiting list for a permanent position goes back to 2006. Apparently it now takes one of the "old-timers" (read: guys who've been driving forklifts for 37+ years because they're not competent to do anything else) retiring before a position's available. At that point, it's given for night shift (the one no one generally wants), then evening, then day (both of the latter having their own respective waiting lists).

I found the two on-duty supervisors aloof and disinterested
  more... in warehouse operations other than to chide the material handlers for not moving fast enough. The order pickers themselves were given to slacking off and smoking cigarettes behind the pallet racks, and constantly complained of what they were being asked to do. I also found the jokes between the supervisors and workers (usually directed one-way with sarcastic overtones regarding performance) to be entirely inappropriate for such a large company. The sanitary conditions of the lunch room and toilets was also wholly sub-par.

Suffice it to say that my training (which took place during the day) lasted a few days, after which I notified the supervisors that I was leaving. It's worth mentioning that temporary workers are paid half of what the permanent workers make (therefore not a lot) and that you'll get put on night shift (occasionally evening rotations) if you choose to stay. They also informed me that the bulk of the work would be during the summer, after which the work would essentially dry up for us and only long-term temporary & permanent workers would be able to make 40 hours a week.

PS. For all the references to the benefits of having a limitless supply of soda in the cafeteria, I found the Coke flat and the other beverages less-than-flavorful compared to what's sold in stores.
Pros
honesty: they tell you that your hours get cut off in the fall
Cons
well, everything.
Great Team and Loved it!
Quality Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Working closely with Logistics for Canada and the U.S - communication with National clients on service calls. Loved working with my team and my managers. I miss them dearly as the positions were moved to the States. Everyone was there to help each other if any teams needed help and we all got along great! Best company I've worked for in a long time! Positive work flow environment - worked closely with different areas of Canada on scheduling service calls for National clients.
Pros
Great team!!
Cons
Positions went elsewhere outside of Canada
Don't work here
accounts manager (Former Employee) –  SummersideMarch 20, 2015
Could care less about their employees. All they care about is the bottom line. Stores do not get the proper merchandising cause hours are cut way back. Impossible people to deal with. No loyalty to their employees whatsoever. You have to be real desperate to acce4pt a position here as they will give you no respect, expect you to do 40 hours work in 10 hours and absolutely refuse to give anyone vacation time, even though it is against the law to do so. Worst company ever.
Cons
too many to mention
productive, dynamic environment
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 29, 2013
this job was a constantly dynamic position that tested my skills in many ways. Some days were better than others here, the long and sporadic hours made for new challenges. The possibility, and implementation of swing shifts (only 8 hours between shifts) made for a personal challenge. There was little time for a scheduled social life while working this position.
Pros
wage
Cons
long hours, sporadic scheduling
Fast paced competitive atmosphere
Equipment Distribution Planner (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioSeptember 15, 2014
As home to one of this biggest brands on the planet, there is never a dull moment at Coca Cola Refreshment. Expanding upon the companies number one spot is the prime focus. Things are constantly happening, gaining new customers, fighting to retaining existing customers. Brand innovation, you name it.
Pros
being an ambassador for one of the most successful companies on the planet
Cons
Old merchandiser are given superior treatment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, CAMarch 28, 2015
Cons: Not Paid OT, treated badly, sales/account managers make you do extra work
Ive been working as a merchandiser for so long yet i still feel like other merchandiser are treated better than me even though ive been working so hard.

Old merchandiser gets most of the hours but they make you do most of the work. If anyone calls in sick, the merchandisers call me to cover their calls. I mean this is no fair on my side. I cant stick to my schedule because i dont know when someone will call in sick and i will have to work OT that day. Beside i dont get paid for it. I usually work for 8-9 hours in a day but only get paid for 4 or 5 hours.

Its not worth the effort, i feel there is alot of discrimintation going on there. If you have been working there for 8-9 years they will treat you superior than others.

I just heard from someone today, who left the job a while ago. Now they want him to come back and he accepted the offer. They offered him a new phone as soon as he arrived but ive been working for almost an year but i still havent got a company phone.

I feel my hard efforts are going waste.
Pros
Free coke once in a Million years
Cons
OT not paid, not treated fairly, old merchandiser treated better, kms cut
High stress and working on your own
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BCAugust 23, 2014
meeting with store managers, ordering product, dealing with customer issues, executing promotional material
Pros
car allowance
Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2012
Worked on several different canning lines, feed boxes on canning line while operting it. Watch glue levels and used can tops on operating line.

Learned how to stop and start canning line.

Worked on can placement for management.

Co-workers were helpful and friendly.

Understanding different cultures, such as language barriers.
was the hardest part of the job.

Clean work enviorment.