Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Great team work
Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton ontarioSeptember 17, 2014
An ISS has many roles, customer service can be challenging at times but to be able to solve an irate customers issue within the phone call gives me motivation... Very friendly co-workers that keep the atmosphere lively and fun, like a family
Pros
good hours with vacation and benefits
Cons
communication between team leaders - not being on the same page
An overall fun experience with great management.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 16, 2014
In my short time with coca cola I have acquired many skills as well as had the chance to meet a lot of new people who have helped me along the way. I enjoy working for this company as I have had previous experiences in Saudi Arabia with coca cola. I intend to work for this company for a long time but I have a desire to move up as I feel as that I can do better in higher up positions. Overall it has been a great experience and I look forward to continue to work with coca cola and it's employees.
Pros
good work environment
Fast paced competitive atmosphere
Equipment Distribution Planner (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioSeptember 15, 2014
As home to one of this biggest brands on the planet, there is never a dull moment at Coca Cola Refreshment. Expanding upon the companies number one spot is the prime focus. Things are constantly happening, gaining new customers, fighting to retaining existing customers. Brand innovation, you name it.
Pros
being an ambassador for one of the most successful companies on the planet
Great atomospher
Order Builder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2014
great people, good pay, full benefits and close to public transportation.
unorganized
Truck Driver - Local 213 (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCSeptember 5, 2014
when I applied for the job the recruiter said This is a summer relief position that would last at least 6 months.

After a mountain of paperwork I was sent to the terminal to start my training.

The job was work, physically demanding and as you have a handheld
computer that counts the cases and sells the product to the store, so counts have to be accurate, you could have 20 deliveries on your truck so alot of the drivers use GPS.

For training they sent you with another Driver and the first thing we did was get our handhelds put in our information and collect our route paperwork for the day.

Then it was off to the dock to get our dollys and pallet jack and be signed out from the dock for a second count, then it was the pretrip and paperwork for the truck. I noticed that the drivers spent a good 30 minutes or more inputing all the addresses into their gps for their deliveries for the day.

We had to unload each case by hand so if had a store that had 200 or more cases you had to wheel it in on a dolly then merchandise the product which is putting it on their shelf or display area. Where they aloted you 30 minutes to do.

There was many complaints to management from the drivers
( unreasonable unloading times no parking etc.)

The co workers were always helpful and the drivers that have been there the longest said "just ask and we will help as best we can".
a great bunch of guys.

The hardest part of the job was the handheld computer because you have to have all of your totals match up at the end of the day.

I enjoyed the physical work and the comoradity of the other drivers.
  more...

The part I didn't like was they trained me for 5 weeks and then put me on call. I was called back once or twice but I had found other work at that point.

Then once my training had finished they hired my brother trained him for 5 weeks and then put him on call.
Pros
co-workers were helpful
Cons
not a steady place to work
High stress and working on your own
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BCAugust 23, 2014
meeting with store managers, ordering product, dealing with customer issues, executing promotional material
Pros
car allowance
Cons
Productive, Fast paced and fun place to work
Distribution Manager II (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioJuly 10, 2014
Excellent atmosphere, high motivated teams
Friendly, well organized and very productive.
Pros
well organized
interesting
Driver Assistant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSJuly 10, 2014
was always busy met new people everyday, in different towns and citys
Great place to work.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 15, 2014
Great brand and place to work. Lot's to learn, in terms of coca-cola operations.
Pros
working with a great brand.
Cons
most finance roles are in downtown toronto
Productive and trendy workplace
Pricing/Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 23, 2014
A typical day is very productive and goes by quickly.
Periodic interactions with members of management.
Pleasant co-workers who are not afraid to engage.
The hardest part of the job is the occasional increase in workload.
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is the interaction with other and working together to achieve a common goal.
Pros
free beverages
Loved working here
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 30, 2014
Simple job, lots of time to thing and be alone. Management changed while working there, not so great anymore.
Pros
good pay and mileage reimbursement
Cons
hard work
Meeting different People
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  ReginaMarch 22, 2014
Typical day at work, display product and talk to store manager about products.
Hardest part of the job, long hours
Most enjoyable part of the job, I get to meet new people every time
Pros
unsupervised
Cons
Excellent place to grow with the company
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 12, 2014
When I started with Coca-Cola I was a service tech dispatcher. I was pleased to see that hard work and great work ethic was noticed. I was later asked to apply for the role of inventory clerk and worked with such an awesome staff.
Pros
great place for growth
Cons
unfortunately there was a reduction in force and my job was affected.
Great team, excellent management team. Work life balance very 'imbalanced'
Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2014
A typical day (should have been 8:00-5:00, but was more 7:00-7:00)
Which saw you;
7am opening your emails (usually at least 15 - 20 first thing in the am)
8am quick conference call
8:15 - 9:30am route planning and other daily organization
9:30 or 10:00 on the road completing sales calls. This included all details listed in resume i.e.: selling in priorities, monthly deals, merchandising, completing orders, cleaning coolers and displays if necessary to enhance sale of product, re merchandising, and pricing. Public liaison with your customer and putting out fires.
Always on call during the day, as well ensuring Customer Support Calls are being handled through out the regular duties.
4:00 sometimes later back to computer for follow ups and signing out of calls on BOSS System. Usually until 7:00 pm. Sometimes earlier sometimes even later

What I learned?
Multi Tasking skills, organizational skills and learning how to pace ones self through the day ensuring to eat and not become overwhelmed, especially during trade tour times.

I had 2 amazing District Sales Managers during my time with Coca-Cola. Both skilled in different ways, but extremely good at their roles and ensuring their teams were taken care of accurately and supported as best that they could given disorganized circumstances.
We went through 2 Area Sales Managers in my time. One was great the latter was lacking in personal skills and communication skills. It made the DSM position difficult, but they did a great job despite.

Co-workers
Could not have asked for a better bunch of people to share my time with.
  more... We all worked very well together, being a very diverse crowd we all had different things to offer, and worked very hard for each other. Extremely supportive and fun group. Outside Sales you don't see each other that often so it was a testament to see how close we all were.

Hardest part of the job?
How disorganized it was. The team and our DSM's worked very hard to make our customers happy, however there was not enough time in a day with the amount of staff we had to provide customers with the proper care and follow up they each deserved. As a result, days did not run smoothly and despite efforts I never left a day feeling at peace with my accomplishments, even though at best I was the top achiever and my territory ranked best bonus structure more often than not.
There was quite a revolving door in my three years in the company and the sales teams. As a result I took on many territories at once as well as coached and trained the new staff and the special projects. Add constant Trade Tours, this job all of a sudden robbed me of any work life balance and ultimately led to my desire to leave.
The team became fragmented due to exhaustion.
Throughout, I will maintain that my DSM's were great as they did the best they could under disorganized circumstances. All have since left as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job?
Selling, the customers, the people. The diverse group of customers from territory to territory. The accomplishments and pride in selling in and merchandising a good looking sale. Making customers feel good, laugh and communicating with different personalities everyday.

Our team was great and there were a lot of perks. We were worked very hard, but they were always flexible when you needed something. There was never any guilt when you wanted time off and they urged you to take your holidays. The DSM team was great at acknowledging your accomplishments and rewarding your successes. As they burned out it became less, but they always had an open door and were very supportive.
Pros
excellent team, great district sales manager, good benefits, good holiday structure, excellent flexibility
Cons
work life balance, territories too large to support customers accurately, perks taken away with new structuring
Good stepping stone once post secondary completed
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 6, 2014
Upsell display activity in all accounts with sales team to meet volume targets.
Lots of coaching with team and trade visits by senior management.
Pros
passion of employees
Cons
too much red tape
Fun Enviornment
Distribution Planner (Current Employee) –  BRAMPTONFebruary 24, 2014
Over all Great Place to work I love it here. Fun people, great incentives, job stability. And excellent benefits
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hrs
Very demanding for little in return
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioFebruary 24, 2014
Too many leaders and departments with a push and pull mentality making it very difficult to focus on the important responsibilities of the role.
Pros
control of ones own schedule.
Cons
too many to mention.
Pay is great
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2014
Pay is great and good management but the turnover is real slow, so it takes years before you can get full-time and you're expected to be on EI during the slow months.
Fun working environment
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2014
I enjoy my employment here, but I'm looking to upgrade my skills.
coca cola
Bilingual Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 16, 2013
a great environment to work with great people
taking orders from customer,