Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

DONT WORK HERE
Sales (Former Employee) –  Alberta7 April 2015
Did not really enjoy my time with this company. Worked really hard for them and never really got recognized. Turned my sales area around and made my target volume every quarter but nothing was ever good enough.

Management is VERY unprofessional as they slander customers. Management considered in market "execution" as giving away hockey tickets or gift cards in exchange for extra product or floor space. In other words they would ask the lower workers to bribe customers. Management would often make promise and either forget about them or not follow through. This made a huge problem as my customers took it out on me.

For the amount of driving done for this job the compensation is not worth it. The wear and tear you put on your vehicle is ridiculous and only compensated with an extra couple hundred bucks every month. Also damage to inside of car from management making us take out 4-8 "case stackers" in cardboard boxes which in turn would smell up your car and make the inside dusty. It came to the point where stores would already have one and when I was asked to take 5 case stackers I would just toss them.

Bonuses are usually attainable and benefits were really good. Other then that there wasn't much upside to working. It sounds a lot more glamourous then it actually is.

I'd recommend higher management do a month as an account rep and see if they can meet some of the ridiculous goals they expected from us.
Pros
Benefits and Bonus
Cons
Management, Driving
Amazing place to start and finish your career
Market Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa22 October 2015
Great place filled with great people. Most of the people I work with have been with the company for over 15 years. Salary could be a bit better.
Great management, fun work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
Being able to work on your own or with the help of a sales representative from time to time allows me to focus on my individual goals and preferences while at work. Being able to work alone gives me a sense of entitlement and I feel great knowing that I did a great job at each store. The hardest part of my job is handling stress on heavy days and the most enjoyable part is the overall flexibility (start whenever you want and end whenever you want).
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High-Stress, Heavy Lifting
lots of variety
DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2012
As a delivery driver you are to finish your route, management are decent people that have moved up the ranks. Physically demanding, You do get to meet a lot of different people and you are always in a different area of the city
Pros
good salary
Cons
work in all kinds of weather
Waste of time
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg6 July 2015
Been working here 4year management didnt treat employee right, stock to your position for a long time and no chance of being permanent full time management give you false hope. Lot of partime guys still waiting to get full time but no hope. Pension no good benefit nothing!management force you to work like a full time but paid as a part time.
Pros
You wish
Cons
They will just use you
Not a Fun Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2015
Too many side deals within the organisation between upper management and hourly associates. No discipline towards any process if the hourly associate doesn't like the decision made by a middle manager then they approach upper management where the decision is over turned.
Pros
Free Fountain Soda
Cons
Nepetism
An overall fun experience with great management.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 September 2014
In my short time with coca cola I have acquired many skills as well as had the chance to meet a lot of new people who have helped me along the way. I enjoy working for this company as I have had previous experiences in Saudi Arabia with coca cola. I intend to work for this company for a long time but I have a desire to move up as I feel as that I can do better in higher up positions. Overall it has been a great experience and I look forward to continue to work with coca cola and it's employees.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
A great company to learn with, but many problems.
Order builder/ labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2015
The warehouse was rarely clean, dust and mold would contaminate the products. People would work while sick with the flue or other illnesses and they wouldn't take the necessary precautions to prevent the illness from spreading. Individuals were forced to work over the standard 5 days a week. Supervisors would harass and distract workers. There was little to no communication between management and staff. Progressing with this company was nearly impossible.
Time Flies
Dispatcher/Distribution Route Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton Ontario8 April 2013
A typical day is a typical night for me. I dispatch nights . My day is very full and I pretty much work straight thru, no time for lunch or breaks. I absolutely love what I do . The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the other distribution centers. The guys I work with always put a smile on my face.
The hardest part I guess is working long hours.
I have great co workers and we are a good team and that is very important in my job.

I have learned so much in this position, It has increased my computer skills and has taught me to work under extreme pressure.
Pros
free pop
Fast-paced quick learning company
Market Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2015
Working for a brand as large as Coca-Cola is prestigious so they only accept the highest quality of employees. To succeed you must be a fast learner and a hard worker. Market Development Manager can be overwhelming at times because you are held to a high standard and the work can be very reactionary depending on your customers.
Pros
Flexible hours, good balance of salary vs. bonus
Cons
Not a lot of performance perks, fairly cheap company
High stress and working on your own
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BC23 August 2014
meeting with store managers, ordering product, dealing with customer issues, executing promotional material
Pros
car allowance
Cons
Productive Work and works well with school
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta27 August 2015
Coca Cola gradually wen through a management system that saw many great changes. The new managers implemented a better system of accountability among workers and management.
A great 14 yrs of working with good people and learning new technologies given and accepting major responsibilities
Senior Technical Analyst lll (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 December 2015
Was a good company to work for as I met some great people and learned many new technologies throughout my time there . I was given a lot of major responsibilities which I enjoyed and excelled at.
Productive and trendy workplace
Pricing/Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2014
A typical day is very productive and goes by quickly.
Periodic interactions with members of management.
Pleasant co-workers who are not afraid to engage.
The hardest part of the job is the occasional increase in workload.
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is the interaction with other and working together to achieve a common goal.
Pros
Free beverages
Ole Boys Club & Nepotism Is alive and well (Brampton)
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton8 May 2015
The job is easy. You put pop on wood, then on a truck, then deliver it to a customer. Not saving any lives here. The employees are a challenge at times but that's because the upper management and HR are so out of touch with how a proper support structure works. Strong and malicious unions are a direct result of poor management. If you don't crack the ole boys club they will sell you down the river over and over. They,(the managers) are all recycled through the ranks over and over. The top brass executives say the right things but as it filters down the ranks it's not even close to being aligned with the companies policies. Work anywhere but Brampton unless you like being blamed for everything because the useless managers that are recycled, and because, it will cost to much to get rid of them. plus the absolute blatant nepotism is your thing go for it. Hey at least they will pay you good. I was, and many more will be tricked by big red, I had such high hopes for working there for the rest of my life. But remember this review when you think about how the majority of your days go. Good Luck. I could go on for days but most are going to think I'm just a disgruntled former employee so I will let you figure it out yourself.
Pros
Free Pop and Good Wage
Cons
Manager level and up, HR
Great Salary
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ON30 March 2012
Great salary
Shift work
Long / unstable hours
Opportunity for advancement
Removing department to USA due to ambition was detrimental to moral
Supervisor Canada Service Dispatch Department (Former Employee) –  Calgary23 November 2015
Great work environment but being a USA company there were situations where Canadian goals were not compatible
Balancing Canadian needs to US goals was difficult
Staff was fun and responsible
Pros
Longevity
Cons
changing policies
GOOD STABLE COMPANY
LEADHAND (Former Employee) –  TORONTO ONTARIO12 December 2011
The only reason I left I became a Single Parent and had Children to raise
Pros
security
Cons
midnight shift
Productive and fun place to work
Sales/Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
Coca-Cola is an amazing brand, which has an unbelievable array of products. It houses a diverse community of employees.
Great team, excellent management team. Work life balance very 'imbalanced'
Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2014
A typical day (should have been 8:00-5:00, but was more 7:00-7:00)
Which saw you;
7am opening your emails (usually at least 15 - 20 first thing in the am)
8am quick conference call
8:15 - 9:30am route planning and other daily organization
9:30 or 10:00 on the road completing sales calls. This included all details listed in resume i.e.: selling in priorities, monthly deals, merchandising, completing orders, cleaning coolers and displays if necessary to enhance sale of product, re merchandising, and pricing. Public liaison with your customer and putting out fires.
Always on call during the day, as well ensuring Customer Support Calls are being handled through out the regular duties.
4:00 sometimes later back to computer for follow ups and signing out of calls on BOSS System. Usually until 7:00 pm. Sometimes earlier sometimes even later

What I learned?
Multi Tasking skills, organizational skills and learning how to pace ones self through the day ensuring to eat and not become overwhelmed, especially during trade tour times.

I had 2 amazing District Sales Managers during my time with Coca-Cola. Both skilled in different ways, but extremely good at their roles and ensuring their teams were taken care of accurately and supported as best that they could given disorganized circumstances.
We went through 2 Area Sales Managers in my time. One was great the latter was lacking in personal skills and communication skills. It made the DSM position difficult, but they did a great job despite.

Co-workers
Could not have asked for a better bunch of
  more... people to share my time with. We all worked very well together, being a very diverse crowd we all had different things to offer, and worked very hard for each other. Extremely supportive and fun group. Outside Sales you don't see each other that often so it was a testament to see how close we all were.

Hardest part of the job?
How disorganized it was. The team and our DSM's worked very hard to make our customers happy, however there was not enough time in a day with the amount of staff we had to provide customers with the proper care and follow up they each deserved. As a result, days did not run smoothly and despite efforts I never left a day feeling at peace with my accomplishments, even though at best I was the top achiever and my territory ranked best bonus structure more often than not.
There was quite a revolving door in my three years in the company and the sales teams. As a result I took on many territories at once as well as coached and trained the new staff and the special projects. Add constant Trade Tours, this job all of a sudden robbed me of any work life balance and ultimately led to my desire to leave.
The team became fragmented due to exhaustion.
Throughout, I will maintain that my DSM's were great as they did the best they could under disorganized circumstances. All have since left as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job?
Selling, the customers, the people. The diverse group of customers from territory to territory. The accomplishments and pride in selling in and merchandising a good looking sale. Making customers feel good, laugh and communicating with different personalities everyday.

Our team was great and there were a lot of perks. We were worked very hard, but they were always flexible when you needed something. There was never any guilt when you wanted time off and they urged you to take your holidays. The DSM team was great at acknowledging your accomplishments and rewarding your successes. As they burned out it became less, but they always had an open door and were very supportive.
Pros
Excellent team, great District Sales Manager, good benefits, good holiday structure, excellent flexibility
Cons
work life balance, territories too large to support customers accurately, perks taken away with new structuring

Coca-Cola Refreshments Reviews by Location