Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews in Canada

GREAT CO WORKERS NOT SO GOOD COMPANY
Distribution Route Specialist / Vending Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2013
It all depends on what department your in and your management. but not a lot of room for advancement. They are very sales driven so watch out if your not the pushy sales type.
Pros
free coke from machine only
Cons
An overall fun experience with great management.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 16, 2014
In my short time with coca cola I have acquired many skills as well as had the chance to meet a lot of new people who have helped me along the way. I enjoy working for this company as I have had previous experiences in Saudi Arabia with coca cola. I intend to work for this company for a long time but I have a desire to move up as I feel as that I can do better in higher up positions. Overall it has been a great experience and I look forward to continue to work with coca cola and it's employees.
Pros
good work environment
Great Team and Loved it!
Quality Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Working closely with Logistics for Canada and the U.S - communication with National clients on service calls. Loved working with my team and my managers. I miss them dearly as the positions were moved to the States. Everyone was there to help each other if any teams needed help and we all got along great! Best company I've worked for in a long time! Positive work flow environment - worked closely with different areas of Canada on scheduling service calls for National clients.
Pros
Great team!!
Cons
Positions went elsewhere outside of Canada
Don't work here
accounts manager (Former Employee) –  SummersideMarch 20, 2015
Could care less about their employees. All they care about is the bottom line. Stores do not get the proper merchandising cause hours are cut way back. Impossible people to deal with. No loyalty to their employees whatsoever. You have to be real desperate to acce4pt a position here as they will give you no respect, expect you to do 40 hours work in 10 hours and absolutely refuse to give anyone vacation time, even though it is against the law to do so. Worst company ever.
Cons
too many to mention
Your making someones day when you show up with their favorite beverages
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 5, 2013
-Paperwork, inspect truck and secure load. Drive from delivery to delivery taking product from the truck into the customer to be counted and varified. Put product away and collect monies. drive back to home base, check load, inspect truck, count monies and do paperwork.
-how to be a team player, a lot of critical thinking required, how to deal with a diverse range of customers from different cultures and backgrounds
-I think management has the most stressful job and when heads roll it's usually them that feel it most
-I believe I had the pleasure of working among some of the best drivers Edmonton has to offer
-Customers who are mad at sales/bad orders/wrong orders, although none of these things have to do with the drivers we are the face for the company they see and tend to take it out on the first coca-cola uniform they see
-Making people smile
Pros
being able to look back when your walking out the door ans be able to see a job well done
Cons
couldn't get the time i wanted off when i wanted it off to see family, even with 12 years with the company
Great manufacturing work experience
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2012
Learned about working with multiple cross functional departments and from the facility level to the corporate level. Hardest part of the job is learning all facets of management to be able to drive the change required where it is needed. The most enjoyable part of the job are the great hard working people who work along side you.
Pros
free soda
Cons
Old merchandiser are given superior treatment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, CAMarch 28, 2015
Cons: Not Paid OT, treated badly, sales/account managers make you do extra work
Ive been working as a merchandiser for so long yet i still feel like other merchandiser are treated better than me even though ive been working so hard.

Old merchandiser gets most of the hours but they make you do most of the work. If anyone calls in sick, the merchandisers call me to cover their calls. I mean this is no fair on my side. I cant stick to my schedule because i dont know when someone will call in sick and i will have to work OT that day. Beside i dont get paid for it. I usually work for 8-9 hours in a day but only get paid for 4 or 5 hours.

Its not worth the effort, i feel there is alot of discrimintation going on there. If you have been working there for 8-9 years they will treat you superior than others.

I just heard from someone today, who left the job a while ago. Now they want him to come back and he accepted the offer. They offered him a new phone as soon as he arrived but ive been working for almost an year but i still havent got a company phone.

I feel my hard efforts are going waste.
Pros
Free coke once in a Million years
Cons
OT not paid, not treated fairly, old merchandiser treated better, kms cut
Time Flies
Dispatcher/Distribution Route Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton OntarioApril 8, 2013
A typical day is a typical night for me. I dispatch nights . My day is very full and I pretty much work straight thru, no time for lunch or breaks. I absolutely love what I do . The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the other distribution centers. The guys I work with always put a smile on my face.
The hardest part I guess is working long hours.
I have great co workers and we are a good team and that is very important in my job.

I have learned so much in this position, It has increased my computer skills and has taught me to work under extreme pressure.
Pros
free pop
safe workplace environment
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  edmontonMarch 30, 2015
safe work environment, good management, helpful co workers, learned how to be a team worker. hardest part is sometime have to work 13 14 hours a shift alone in the night and look after all the problems. fun to do this job as we making beverages.
Snakes In The Grass
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  WestonApril 8, 2015
This place is a joke to work for! During the summer you get tons of hours, they ask you to work overtime at the end of your shift at the end of the week. All good if you like to work right?! And so you work your tail off and never complain. Then October comes around and you get called in twice in the whole month. Meanwhile older guys are getting overtime. Then you don't hear from them again until 2 days before Christmas. So they screwed you over at holiday time...but hey it"s Coke, not many people drink cold beverages in the winter. So then your manager calls you at 6:20am on January 2nd because it's -40 outside. Or they call you the next week because there's 40cm of snow that dropped. How does that make sense? Schools are closed guys, we have lives too. Pepsi was right...Coke is a 1 trick pony. A 1 trick pony that should be put out to pasture. The whole time I worked there they had Frito Lays products in their vending machine in the lunch room. In 6 months of steady work there, I saw them not renew the HR's contract, fire one manager because he wasn't mean enough, and get rid of a handful of other employees who were either on their phones or were stealing (so yes they all deserved termination).
Pros
Most fellow employees are helpful
Cons
Too many snakes in the grass
Flat, no fizzle
Temporary Order Picker (Former Employee) –  2750 Boul. L'Assomption, Montreal, QCJuly 24, 2013
I interviewed twice with this company in the space of one year - once for a production position in Richmond, BC, and another (for which I was hired) as a seasonal order picker at the distribution center in Montreal, QC. The hiring was done via a phone interview with the head office in Toronto, ON, and an in-person meeting with one of the warehouse supervisors. I had done the same process for the job in Richmond, only without being retained. What stood out at that particular engagement was the way the hiring manager referred to his habit of "booting out" temporary workers that, for one reason or another, didn't meet his requirements (namely obtaining a "boiler ticket" - the reason for which was never clearly elaborated upon); and that they met with many candidates for my positions, and so I shouldn't get my hopes up. He also made me wait for 20 minutes past the appointment time in the lobby. Generally very unprofessional and corporate in diction/demeanor.

Basically, there's no realistic way to be hired permanently by this company if you're taken on as a temp (or seasonal) worker. I inquired and was told the waiting list for a permanent position goes back to 2006. Apparently it now takes one of the "old-timers" (read: guys who've been driving forklifts for 37+ years because they're not competent to do anything else) retiring before a position's available. At that point, it's given for night shift (the one no one generally wants), then evening, then day (both of the latter having their own respective waiting lists).

I found the two on-duty supervisors aloof and disinterested
  more... in warehouse operations other than to chide the material handlers for not moving fast enough. The order pickers themselves were given to slacking off and smoking cigarettes behind the pallet racks, and constantly complained of what they were being asked to do. I also found the jokes between the supervisors and workers (usually directed one-way with sarcastic overtones regarding performance) to be entirely inappropriate for such a large company. The sanitary conditions of the lunch room and toilets was also wholly sub-par.

Suffice it to say that my training (which took place during the day) lasted a few days, after which I notified the supervisors that I was leaving. It's worth mentioning that temporary workers are paid half of what the permanent workers make (therefore not a lot) and that you'll get put on night shift (occasionally evening rotations) if you choose to stay. They also informed me that the bulk of the work would be during the summer, after which the work would essentially dry up for us and only long-term temporary & permanent workers would be able to make 40 hours a week.

PS. For all the references to the benefits of having a limitless supply of soda in the cafeteria, I found the Coke flat and the other beverages less-than-flavorful compared to what's sold in stores.
Pros
honesty: they tell you that your hours get cut off in the fall
Cons
well, everything.
Fast paced competitive atmosphere
Equipment Distribution Planner (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioSeptember 15, 2014
As home to one of this biggest brands on the planet, there is never a dull moment at Coca Cola Refreshment. Expanding upon the companies number one spot is the prime focus. Things are constantly happening, gaining new customers, fighting to retaining existing customers. Brand innovation, you name it.
Pros
being an ambassador for one of the most successful companies on the planet
productive, dynamic environment
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 29, 2013
this job was a constantly dynamic position that tested my skills in many ways. Some days were better than others here, the long and sporadic hours made for new challenges. The possibility, and implementation of swing shifts (only 8 hours between shifts) made for a personal challenge. There was little time for a scheduled social life while working this position.
Pros
wage
Cons
long hours, sporadic scheduling
High stress and working on your own
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BCAugust 23, 2014
meeting with store managers, ordering product, dealing with customer issues, executing promotional material
Pros
car allowance
Cons
working here is just a waste of time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  WinnipegMarch 25, 2015
I've been working since August 2012 as Part-time merchandiser. I was recently offered a driver position in distribution department. It's amazing, because I didn't even apply for it but was contacted because my former boss recommended me. I did accept the offer and start my training and settle all paper works, but merchandising team needs a work force that time. I have no choice but to stay for the team and wait for a new member for my replacement. The business slow down and the driver position was closed. I am very worried about my situation as the new people joined our team and getting more hours than me. I got two day shift a week and makes a huge impact on my financial obligation. I can’t help myself to feel that I’m not getting equal treatment as they cut my hours for just reason, and I am so disappointed as I constantly working hard and efficiently doing all task and project given to me. I am faced with a dilemma, I am supporting my wife’s family back home as I do not want to have more debt but if I leave this company now would never find one right away. I am so stressed thinking and searching for source of income. I was hoping for help from our union but they do nothing.
Pros
Cheap incentives, takes 5 years to be full time employee
Cons
Using your own car no maintenance discount
Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2012
Worked on several different canning lines, feed boxes on canning line while operting it. Watch glue levels and used can tops on operating line.

Learned how to stop and start canning line.

Worked on can placement for management.

Co-workers were helpful and friendly.

Understanding different cultures, such as language barriers.
was the hardest part of the job.

Clean work enviorment.
Great incentives/flexibility with vacation
Flex/EDI Agent (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 23, 2014
Great people, friendly environment.

Management is always willing to support and assist when needed.

Working from home is a great opportunity.

Able to move up within a reasonable amount of time.

Training is a fun, learning atmosphere.

Sufficient amount of vacation time with the option to buy more.
Good work environment but stressful.
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 15, 2015
Started to work early hours and dealt with employees. Assigned them to their duties and resolved their issues. Followed up with them throughout the day and ensured the success of the deliveries.
Pros
Developed the skill set.
Cons
Stressful work environment.
Productive and trendy workplace
Pricing/Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 23, 2014
A typical day is very productive and goes by quickly.
Periodic interactions with members of management.
Pleasant co-workers who are not afraid to engage.
The hardest part of the job is the occasional increase in workload.
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is the interaction with other and working together to achieve a common goal.
Pros
free beverages
excellent exposure to supply chain management
Deductions Analyst/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  BramptonNovember 17, 2014
-valued experienced gained in understanding operations and supply chain management
-challenging fast paced environment
-valued seeing changes in processes due to ideas which I contributed to
Pros
often worked independently on projects
Cons
relocation of office

Coca-Cola Refreshments Reviews by Location