Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews in Canada

Good work environment but stressful.
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 15, 2015
Started to work early hours and dealt with employees. Assigned them to their duties and resolved their issues. Followed up with them throughout the day and ensured the success of the deliveries.
Pros
Developed the skill set.
Cons
Stressful work environment.
pathetic company to work for!
driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2015
management doesn't treat employees well.. if something goes wrong they don't communicate--they just ignore you. A typical day is driving a delivery truck and delivering pop to stores. I learned that coke has a big image but poor relations with people. People are just a number. The only good part of the job was meeting customers but the customers didn't like the way coke treated them either..Stay away from this totally poorly run company.. Most of their equipment is from 1998.. One might have thought that coke might be more current than that.
Pros
drivers will help you learn the job
Cons
long hours and poor management
Working at Coke!
Production Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2015
When I started working for Coke I worked day and afternoon shift. I learned how Coke is made, bottled, and packaged. I learned about the machines on the four production lines and a little about how to program them for the various products that are made at the plant. Later I switched to graveyard shift and I learned the importance of cleanliness within the production plant. The plant recently went through some upgrades and we all did some training on new computers for inventory control and tracking.
Management is great. They have an open door policy and will listen to questions and concerns that employees have about any topics.
My co-workers are the best. They are always happy to answer all my questions about safety, equipment, production.
The hardest part of my job is working all night and being in school during the day. Some weeks I was working up to five nights going home getting a couple of hours of sleep then going to school for five or six hours then going home getting a couple of hours of sleep and go back to work and doing that for the week.
Most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people, earning a living, and being independent. I get some much gratification from working hard for something. Not just my night job but also being in school and working towards something.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
The hours are not Guaranteed.
safe workplace environment
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  edmontonMarch 30, 2015
safe work environment, good management, helpful co workers, learned how to be a team worker. hardest part is sometime have to work 13 14 hours a shift alone in the night and look after all the problems. fun to do this job as we making beverages.
Amazing and friendly workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Every day starts with greeting to everyone as we walk to our desk. Everyone knows everyone. Small chat to kick start the another day. Each day there is a new exposure to new and old customers we met on the phone yesterday. We can see and feel the smile of the customers during the conversation over the phone. Our supervisors and managers are always smiling and chatting with us, asking how we are doing today. The hardest part of the job cannot be determined as there're not really. Our colleagues, supervisors, managers, everyone in the office makes it so nice to be with everyone. Enjoying each and every moment of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being here to take care of every customers and help them in their orders and queries. Each and every day is different from the previous one.
Pros
casual off-friday on specific days. fun spirit day.
Cons
only the salary..
Its a name Brand, nice place to work
Production Supervisor / Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Always improving and making positive changes. Slowly and steadily we are on our way to achieve the goals. jkhowieyawioeunwliuzsqwieuxieu3irwr yweuirnferuifyerfu wernxwelrixywemxryew rretyernctrtertgmcvtuiv srntuumnce
An overall fun experience with great management.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 16, 2014
In my short time with coca cola I have acquired many skills as well as had the chance to meet a lot of new people who have helped me along the way. I enjoy working for this company as I have had previous experiences in Saudi Arabia with coca cola. I intend to work for this company for a long time but I have a desire to move up as I feel as that I can do better in higher up positions. Overall it has been a great experience and I look forward to continue to work with coca cola and it's employees.
Pros
good work environment
Great incentives/flexibility with vacation
Flex/EDI Agent (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 23, 2014
Great people, friendly environment.

Management is always willing to support and assist when needed.

Working from home is a great opportunity.

Able to move up within a reasonable amount of time.

Training is a fun, learning atmosphere.

Sufficient amount of vacation time with the option to buy more.
Fast paced competitive atmosphere
Equipment Distribution Planner (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioSeptember 15, 2014
As home to one of this biggest brands on the planet, there is never a dull moment at Coca Cola Refreshment. Expanding upon the companies number one spot is the prime focus. Things are constantly happening, gaining new customers, fighting to retaining existing customers. Brand innovation, you name it.
Pros
being an ambassador for one of the most successful companies on the planet
Cons
excellent exposure to supply chain management
Deductions Analyst/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  BramptonNovember 17, 2014
-valued experienced gained in understanding operations and supply chain management
-challenging fast paced environment
-valued seeing changes in processes due to ideas which I contributed to
Pros
often worked independently on projects
Cons
relocation of office
Productive and Great team work
Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton ontarioSeptember 17, 2014
An ISS has many roles, customer service can be challenging at times but to be able to solve an irate customers issue within the phone call gives me motivation... Very friendly co-workers that keep the atmosphere lively and fun, like a family
Pros
good hours with vacation and benefits
Cons
communication between team leaders - not being on the same page
lazy union warehouse and few of the truck drivers
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  bramptonAugust 3, 2015
I can easily say the distribution/warehouse at ccrc is a joke In brampton slows down the whole process in all works of the sales,merch and sales has to take the heat from the customers concently...things are confusing with no real answer and no clear solutions to the issues.....I respect everyone on my team and any other large volume merchandising teams...because boys and girls we all get paid like poo and bust our butt like Noone knows but us ( new pepsi hire makes 6 dollers more for the same job ) no Benifits ( rare they take you full time almost impossible ) turn over rate is riduilous liturally if 50 people get hired guarantee at years end you only have max 20 left. direct supervisors and lead hands are hardworking....but everyone else is clueless....maybe the marketing team at ccrc ( who produce quality ) can take over and run trucks or forclifts in the plant. or better bring your merchandiser teams from all over the gta and let them work your production, I guarantee you they know the definition of hard work,time management, teamwork etc...

most of all pay your merchs more!!!....pretend like you care. I dare anyone of you office people to try to work a 5-7 store day with every store having anywhere from 3 to 7 skids ...all by your self ....day in and out
Pros
mileage/flexible/direct supervisors
Cons
bad PAY no Benifits
Referee, Proud blind arrogant supers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  BramptonMarch 6, 2015
The day starts with critcism and control.
The supers are angry and out of control.
Then i go to the truck and make the deliveries.
Pros
driving
Cons
Self involved supervisors
Productive and trendy workplace
Pricing/Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 23, 2014
A typical day is very productive and goes by quickly.
Periodic interactions with members of management.
Pleasant co-workers who are not afraid to engage.
The hardest part of the job is the occasional increase in workload.
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is the interaction with other and working together to achieve a common goal.
Pros
free beverages
Fast Paced Culture
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 31, 2014
You learn quickly how to adapt to multiple customers and personalities. If you cannot multi-task effectively, you will chase your tail.
Pros
recognizable brand, worldwide exposure.
Cons
a lot of last minute decision making, communication is a challenge from the top down.
productive, dynamic environment
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 29, 2013
this job was a constantly dynamic position that tested my skills in many ways. Some days were better than others here, the long and sporadic hours made for new challenges. The possibility, and implementation of swing shifts (only 8 hours between shifts) made for a personal challenge. There was little time for a scheduled social life while working this position.
Pros
wage
Cons
long hours, sporadic scheduling
a learning experience
Inventory Control Analyst/Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 13, 2013
Everynight is always different when it comes to allocating products. I learned that communication is the best key for my role because everything is constantly moving. My job has always been busy because I have to keep the warehouse organize as I can so that no time is wasted upon locating products. I think the hardest part of the job is when I run out of resources e.i. Space, Manpower, and Equipments. Its always been a self achievement if I see my work is done well and organized and that is probably the most rewarding time of my day.
Pros
experience
Cons
micromanaging
Don't leave your current job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  BramptonApril 5, 2013
By far the most un-organized place I have seen! The senior leadership is out of touch with what is going on and the poor hourly people take the brunt of it, I now understand why they need a Union. In my opinion if you currently have a job the grass is not greener here, expect long hours, verbal abuse and very little recognition for your efforts. I have seen very high turnover in the salary work force and the Corporation does nothing about it, even the HR team does not react to all the mis-treated people and their issues. Honestly I would not recommend this as a place to work unless you are desperate for work. The big red machine is turning many people Blue.
Pros
nice hourly staff
Cons
terrible leadership!

Comment – July 5, 2013

Poor morale amongst both management and union staff alike. And if you're looking to get a job here now, and if you are lucky enough to get on full time, count on getting poorer benefits and pensions. They are looking to take back everything that they have given.

Time Flies
Dispatcher/Distribution Route Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton OntarioApril 8, 2013
A typical day is a typical night for me. I dispatch nights . My day is very full and I pretty much work straight thru, no time for lunch or breaks. I absolutely love what I do . The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the other distribution centers. The guys I work with always put a smile on my face.
The hardest part I guess is working long hours.
I have great co workers and we are a good team and that is very important in my job.

I have learned so much in this position, It has increased my computer skills and has taught me to work under extreme pressure.
Pros
free pop

Comment – July 5, 2013

Really?

Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2012
Worked on several different canning lines, feed boxes on canning line while operting it. Watch glue levels and used can tops on operating line.

Learned how to stop and start canning line.

Worked on can placement for management.

Co-workers were helpful and friendly.

Understanding different cultures, such as language barriers.
was the hardest part of the job.

Clean work enviorment.