Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews in Canada

A great 14 yrs of working with good people and learning new technologies given and accepting major responsibilities
Senior Technical Analyst lll (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 1, 2015
Was a good company to work for as I met some great people and learned many new technologies throughout my time there . I was given a lot of major responsibilities which I enjoyed and excelled at.
Removing department to USA due to ambition was detrimental to moral
Supervisor Canada Service Dispatch Department (Former Employee) –  CalgaryNovember 23, 2015
Great work environment but being a USA company there were situations where Canadian goals were not compatible
Balancing Canadian needs to US goals was difficult
Staff was fun and responsible
Pros
Longevity
Cons
changing policies
Productive and fun place to work
Sales/Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Coca-Cola is an amazing brand, which has an unbelievable array of products. It houses a diverse community of employees.
Waste of time
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  WinnipegJuly 6, 2015
Been working here 4year management didnt treat employee right, stock to your position for a long time and no chance of being permanent full time management give you false hope. Lot of partime guys still waiting to get full time but no hope. Pension no good benefit nothing!management force you to work like a full time but paid as a part time.
Pros
You wish
Cons
They will just use you
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed working here because we were constantly busy all the time. I gained problem solving skills when we has problems in the production line. The co-workers are always helpful.
Pros
easy job
Cons
a lot of rotating shift work
Productive Work and works well with school
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaAugust 27, 2015
Coca Cola gradually wen through a management system that saw many great changes. The new managers implemented a better system of accountability among workers and management.
Your making someones day when you show up with their favorite beverages
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 5, 2013
-Paperwork, inspect truck and secure load. Drive from delivery to delivery taking product from the truck into the customer to be counted and varified. Put product away and collect monies. drive back to home base, check load, inspect truck, count monies and do paperwork.
-how to be a team player, a lot of critical thinking required, how to deal with a diverse range of customers from different cultures and backgrounds
-I think management has the most stressful job and when heads roll it's usually them that feel it most
-I believe I had the pleasure of working among some of the best drivers Edmonton has to offer
-Customers who are mad at sales/bad orders/wrong orders, although none of these things have to do with the drivers we are the face for the company they see and tend to take it out on the first coca-cola uniform they see
-Making people smile
Pros
being able to look back when your walking out the door ans be able to see a job well done
Cons
couldn't get the time i wanted off when i wanted it off to see family, even with 12 years with the company
great work place.
account manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
lots of training so you can deal with customers.
how to deal with customers.
how to manage your route to get everything done on time.
co-worker always ready to help.
meet your targets.
all the new people you deal with everyday.
DONT WORK HERE
Sales (Former Employee) –  AlbertaApril 7, 2015
Did not really enjoy my time with this company. Worked really hard for them and never really got recognized. Turned my sales area around and made my target volume every quarter but nothing was ever good enough.

Management is VERY unprofessional as they slander customers. Management considered in market "execution" as giving away hockey tickets or gift cards in exchange for extra product or floor space. In other words they would ask the lower workers to bribe customers. Management would often make promise and either forget about them or not follow through. This made a huge problem as my customers took it out on me.

For the amount of driving done for this job the compensation is not worth it. The wear and tear you put on your vehicle is ridiculous and only compensated with an extra couple hundred bucks every month. Also damage to inside of car from management making us take out 4-8 "case stackers" in cardboard boxes which in turn would smell up your car and make the inside dusty. It came to the point where stores would already have one and when I was asked to take 5 case stackers I would just toss them.

Bonuses are usually attainable and benefits were really good. Other then that there wasn't much upside to working. It sounds a lot more glamourous then it actually is.

I'd recommend higher management do a month as an account rep and see if they can meet some of the ridiculous goals they expected from us.
Pros
Benefits and Bonus
Cons
Management, Driving
Amazing and friendly workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Every day starts with greeting to everyone as we walk to our desk. Everyone knows everyone. Small chat to kick start the another day. Each day there is a new exposure to new and old customers we met on the phone yesterday. We can see and feel the smile of the customers during the conversation over the phone. Our supervisors and managers are always smiling and chatting with us, asking how we are doing today. The hardest part of the job cannot be determined as there're not really. Our colleagues, supervisors, managers, everyone in the office makes it so nice to be with everyone. Enjoying each and every moment of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being here to take care of every customers and help them in their orders and queries. Each and every day is different from the previous one.
Pros
casual off-friday on specific days. fun spirit day.
Cons
only the salary..
GREAT CO WORKERS NOT SO GOOD COMPANY
Distribution Route Specialist / Vending Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2013
It all depends on what department your in and your management. but not a lot of room for advancement. They are very sales driven so watch out if your not the pushy sales type.
Pros
free coke from machine only
good job
Order builder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 27, 2015
working here was great everyone was friendly and helpful. Learnt a lot working here learning both ways to order pick great place to work
Productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2012
Worked on several different canning lines, feed boxes on canning line while operting it. Watch glue levels and used can tops on operating line.

Learned how to stop and start canning line.

Worked on can placement for management.

Co-workers were helpful and friendly.

Understanding different cultures, such as language barriers.
was the hardest part of the job.

Clean work enviorment.
Ole Boys Club & Nepotism Is alive and well (Brampton)
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BramptonMay 8, 2015
The job is easy. You put pop on wood, then on a truck, then deliver it to a customer. Not saving any lives here. The employees are a challenge at times but that's because the upper management and HR are so out of touch with how a proper support structure works. Strong and malicious unions are a direct result of poor management. If you don't crack the ole boys club they will sell you down the river over and over. They,(the managers) are all recycled through the ranks over and over. The top brass executives say the right things but as it filters down the ranks it's not even close to being aligned with the companies policies. Work anywhere but Brampton unless you like being blamed for everything because the useless managers that are recycled, and because, it will cost to much to get rid of them. plus the absolute blatant nepotism is your thing go for it. Hey at least they will pay you good. I was, and many more will be tricked by big red, I had such high hopes for working there for the rest of my life. But remember this review when you think about how the majority of your days go. Good Luck. I could go on for days but most are going to think I'm just a disgruntled former employee so I will let you figure it out yourself.
Pros
Free Pop and Good Wage
Cons
Manager level and up, HR
Great manufacturing work experience
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2012
Learned about working with multiple cross functional departments and from the facility level to the corporate level. Hardest part of the job is learning all facets of management to be able to drive the change required where it is needed. The most enjoyable part of the job are the great hard working people who work along side you.
Pros
free soda
Cons
Great place to develop your skills and move up the corporate ladder
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  CoquitlamSeptember 26, 2013
I am currently employed by Coca Cola and I can honestly say I love it.

I get to make my own schedule and there is zero micromanaging.

Great salary, benefits and culture.

I'm part of a great sales team and everyone values each others input.
Pros
autonomy, realistic targets/bonus
Cons
constantly having to be "online" for customers
A great company to learn with, but many problems.
Order builder/ labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2015
The warehouse was rarely clean, dust and mold would contaminate the products. People would work while sick with the flue or other illnesses and they wouldn't take the necessary precautions to prevent the illness from spreading. Individuals were forced to work over the standard 5 days a week. Supervisors would harass and distract workers. There was little to no communication between management and staff. Progressing with this company was nearly impossible.
Fast-paced quick learning company
Market Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2015
Working for a brand as large as Coca-Cola is prestigious so they only accept the highest quality of employees. To succeed you must be a fast learner and a hard worker. Market Development Manager can be overwhelming at times because you are held to a high standard and the work can be very reactionary depending on your customers.
Pros
flexible hours, good balance of salary vs. bonus
Cons
not a lot of performance perks, fairly cheap company
An overall fun experience with great management.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 16, 2014
In my short time with coca cola I have acquired many skills as well as had the chance to meet a lot of new people who have helped me along the way. I enjoy working for this company as I have had previous experiences in Saudi Arabia with coca cola. I intend to work for this company for a long time but I have a desire to move up as I feel as that I can do better in higher up positions. Overall it has been a great experience and I look forward to continue to work with coca cola and it's employees.
Pros
good work environment
lots of variety
DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2012
As a delivery driver you are to finish your route, management are decent people that have moved up the ranks. Physically demanding, You do get to meet a lot of different people and you are always in a different area of the city
Pros
good salary
Cons
work in all kinds of weather

Coca-Cola Refreshments Reviews by Location