Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

A place for employment not for careers
Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 January 2017
Day is spent on Outbound/Inbound calls. All is routine; No advancement as people rarely retire/resign. Salary increases could be a "carrot on stick."
Pros
The benefit package is good; free pop everyday, vacation days up to a total of 4 working weeks
Cons
No guarantee for 4 consecutive weeks of vacation, routine job, no advancement, relationships are best kept at a "polite, cordial and purely business" level
A multinational company and a very dynamic one in terms of training ground in sales industry.
District Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
A dynamic and diverse multinational company that will really help you develop majority of your skills and knowledge not just an employee but also as a person as a whole.
Pros
Entitled of company service vehicle
Production
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  PAKISTAN5 January 2017
•Modifications on different machines as required by production staff.
•Trial of new raw materials for the production
•Working closely with other engineering teams and optimizing plant's operation.
•Maintained compliance with environmental rules and regulations in developing plastic products
•Complete understanding of plastic processing and principles
•Review and analyze productivity, yield, downtime reports daily Review and analyze productivity, yield, downtime reports daily on SAP.
•Overall Blow Molding Machine Annual Mechanical Maintenance.
•Fully Command on PET Bottle Process.
•Ensure reliable operations of filling lines.
•Maintains and controls any changes in the Quality System documentation.
•Maintain all asset investment plans and ensure compliance to capital expenditure.
•Evaluate all system capacity and analyze all production requirement and system deficiencies.
•Assists in maintenance of in house calibration/ facility preventive maintenance program.
•Assist in developing staffing and skill building plan through training and support.
Cons
12Hrs
productive but penny pinching corporation
Order builder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 December 2016
Work was guaranteed for high-performance workers. temporary employees work full-time hours but don't receive benefits until promotion based on a seniority system. Equipment desperately needed upgrades. Safety standards were poorly enforced. Quantity over quality policies. Voice pick system was so terrible it could easily lead to mental health issues. Too much back lifting necessary. Only enjoyable part of the job was the overtime cap at 11 hours a day but guaranteed 8hrs.
Pros
free fountain soft drinks
Cons
voice pick system
A great place to work if your a people's person!
Market Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
Coca-Cola is a great company to work for. I have gained a lot of knowledge in terms of brand marketing, RED "right execution daily" selling to new outlets and maintaining existing outlets. I currently maintain a large territory and have developed an excellent relationship with my clients.

The management team for the most part at Coca-Cola is good. My co-workers always answer the phone when I have questions or need help to do something in my territory.

The hardest part of the job I would say is communicating with the equipment managers and distribution and trying to have products or equipment delivered on time for new and existing customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting my top accounts. I have developed a great relationship with my customers to the point where I look forward to meeting them all the time.
Pros
Free lunches, dinners from my customers
Cons
Pay structure could be better for the amount of work performed
A great place to learn about yourself
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Longer days with lots of expectations. This company is always in a stat of change however, trying to always achieve the best.
Pros
Self learning enviromment
Cons
You can easily be discarded
Great company to work
Manager Product Commercialization (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
ITL Canada is a great company to work for. The benefits and work-life balance is amazing. There is a lot of learning about the regulations and tobacco industry.
Great experience but very challenging
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 November 2016
Outdated processes, manual, not quick on changes, old school and old tools. Strong presence of Union. People come and go, hard to build strong relations as salaried employees are constantly moving around.
Good Place to work
Senior Forecasting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Great place to work. Good pears, management. Very nice offices. Dynamic place with an opportunity to grow. Fair compensation and good benefits. Free products.
Pros
Excellent location, benefits, competative compensation
Cons
hard to grow. management picks favourites
A job that has stress around every corner
Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 November 2016
This job seemed okay at first but over time it changed drastically. I was given training for 3 days in my first week but then the whole week after they never scheduled me at all and when I asked why I wasn't I never got a response until 3 days later & didn't work for a whole week. After a whole week of not working I was trained for 2 more days and expected to work in stores overnight by myself which I felt was really rushed. The job its self can be tiring, if your lucky there will only be one or two skids of product to place but usually there is about 6 or 7 loads to do per store ( you get about 3 or 4 stores a night ) and after awhile this can be tiring when working by yourself, I suggest stretching before and after if your going to do this job and to get alot of sleep and eat well before your shift cause work starts at about 11 pm - 1am and can go all the way to 11am the next day, depending on your load but most shifts are 9 hours so to anyone that isn't used to working overnights I highly suggest you prepare your body for this. Your going to random stores within the GTA so sometimes at certain stores the pump trucks aren't working well and there can be delays in when the trucks deliver coca cola product which can delay when you finish.

Management is horrible with communication and they often will only email you back when they need to get information through, it seems as if they dont care about your problems. Many times they have scheduled me on my days off that I requested I have off when I first started and when I would finally get a response back I would get responses
  more... such as " Were short this week and it will change next week" or " sorry, would you still be able to work?"

This job is a minimum of 24 hours weekly but sometimes there are weeks where no hours are given at all, sometimes 2 weeks straight so if your looking for a steady job with good income I would be cautious of working here.
Pros
They pay 50 cents per km you drive
Cons
longs hard hours, heavy lifting, working by your self
Member of high performance team that grew the value of brands
Brand Manager, Coca-Cola Trademark Brands (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
Management of the marketing strategies and Development of the creative campaigns that weave together multiple marketing disciplines that drove brand value for Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Coca-Cola Zero. All demonstrating share point gains and improvements in awareness, consideration and consumption
Great to get experience
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2016
great company to get some experience. very similar to other big companies. good work life balance, co-workers are helpful. great bosses. pay for car allowance
Great people to work with :)
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
Fellow warehouse employees are great! They have made my experience within the workplace enjoyable. Learn a lot of new warehouse skills and procedures.
Pros
Flexable Hours
Cons
Senority based employer, promotions, etc. are only provided to those with multiple yrs. employed. Not actual job performance
Not worth the headache
Order Builder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2016
Awful place to work. Management is a joke and has ridiculous expectations, you're driven into the ground day in and out with little rest or time to recover, your hours are immediately cut if you start slowing down due to injuries accumulated from the work.

It's a terrible work environment and not worth it whatsoever. Stay away.
Pros
Free pop at lunch
Cons
Poor management, random hour cuts, no communication
Great Job Work/Life Balance
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2016
Very flexible hours, more interaction with management would be effective. Spend a lot of time alone lifting and moving boxes. Don't really get to know your co workers.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
strenuous work
Mauvaise culture management pas dans la réalité
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC30 September 2016
Coca Cola pourrais être une cie extraordinaire. Il y a de bons employés, mais peu d'écoute de la part des hauts dirigeants, ce qui est très malheureux.
Pros
Bons avantages sociaux
Cons
Pas de soutien RH
productive fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 September 2016
great place to work, great team atmosphere. typical day involved travelling to and from stores insuring customer satisfaction with product, displaying product to meet company standards and ensuring stores satisfaction with Coca-Cola's products.
productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 September 2016
My typical day at work was to see exiting accounts and take their orders. I met a lot a great people in the trade as well and worked with a fantastic team of people.
Terrible management, high stress, high workload.
Coca Cola Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2016
Worked here over the last year, the workload my supervisors put on me was brutal. They expect far too much from one person. Awful company to work for.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Heavy workload, Bad management, High stress, High turnover
Very rewarding Company
SENIOR MERCHANDISER, RELIEF ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK22 August 2016
The job is incredibly challenging physically and mentally but every day is rewarding even when you do not complete all that you set out to do on that day. It is a job that must require a lot of flexibility in start and finish times as there are a lot of variables that affect your day, like, weather, vehicle breakdowns, tipped pallets of product. My co-workers and management team are the reason I work there. On those days that are hard to finish they are there to offer a word or a hand to get you through it. This job ticks all the right boxes, pay, good people, respect, rewarding work.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
No fixed schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Refreshments. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval