Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

Sneaky, Low-Quality , Unprofessional, Unreliable Management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Weston, ON16 November 2015
It's too late when you find yourself have been surrounded by a bunch of sneaky and low-quality persons. This place has been manipulated and distorted long time by those unprofessional and unreliable managers. Union workers are complaining , fighting ,bumping each other and whining and quarreling every day. Good people , good managers can't stay but flee away. You can't see any good culture rooted in this ground but only rotten , fallen thoughts and things.
Pros
name of coca-cola
Cons
management and union
Great management, fun work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
Being able to work on your own or with the help of a sales representative from time to time allows me to focus on my individual goals and preferences while at work. Being able to work alone gives me a sense of entitlement and I feel great knowing that I did a great job at each store. The hardest part of my job is handling stress on heavy days and the most enjoyable part is the overall flexibility (start whenever you want and end whenever you want).
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High-Stress, Heavy Lifting
Working at Coke!
Production Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2015
When I started working for Coke I worked day and afternoon shift. I learned how Coke is made, bottled, and packaged. I learned about the machines on the four production lines and a little about how to program them for the various products that are made at the plant. Later I switched to graveyard shift and I learned the importance of cleanliness within the production plant. The plant recently went through some upgrades and we all did some training on new computers for inventory control and tracking.
Management is great. They have an open door policy and will listen to questions and concerns that employees have about any topics.
My co-workers are the best. They are always happy to answer all my questions about safety, equipment, production.
The hardest part of my job is working all night and being in school during the day. Some weeks I was working up to five nights going home getting a couple of hours of sleep then going to school for five or six hours then going home getting a couple of hours of sleep and go back to work and doing that for the week.
Most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people, earning a living, and being independent. I get some much gratification from working hard for something. Not just my night job but also being in school and working towards something.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
The hours are not Guaranteed.
coke
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 October 2015
Great company, Good benefits, can be a stressful environment. Does not fast track employees. I would recommend to young grads that just got out of university. I would not recommend to those who are professional seeking a means to support their family.
Pros
networking
Cons
stress
Amazing place to start and finish your career
Market Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa22 October 2015
Great place filled with great people. Most of the people I work with have been with the company for over 15 years. Salary could be a bit better.
Fun and productive environment
Reporting & Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2015
CCRC is the hallmark of Coca Cola bottling world. By catering all of Canada, you get to learn a lot about different aspects of the company.
Loved every minute of working at Coca Cola
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2015
Great company to work for. Excellent benefits and ample room for opportunity to advancement.
As long as you work for it this Coke will take care of you. Great culture and employees are appreciated. Not like most large corporations.
Not a Fun Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2015
Too many side deals within the organisation between upper management and hourly associates. No discipline towards any process if the hourly associate doesn't like the decision made by a middle manager then they approach upper management where the decision is over turned.
Pros
Free Fountain Soda
Cons
Nepetism
Productive Work and works well with school
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta27 August 2015
Coca Cola gradually wen through a management system that saw many great changes. The new managers implemented a better system of accountability among workers and management.
job description
Temporary labourer (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, Manitoba20 August 2015
a new type of maintenance from previous work. I learned some

different cultural customs and met a variety of people than I had

in previous types of employment. I moved around in my

job descriptions which kept work more interesting.
Very supportive co-workers
Power Engineer/ Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 August 2015
For barely working at Coke for 2 years, my mechanical skills are more enhanced and made me more attentive to details. I can say, I am more aware with "safety first" when performing work. I became more confident in dealing and working with different people.
Although outstanding employees are recognized and appreciated, I though It could have been more interesting if the management have given better rewards.
Pros
Good exposure to industrial mechanics
Cons
Too much pressure working alone on a shift.
lazy union warehouse and few of the truck drivers
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  brampton3 August 2015
I can easily say the distribution/warehouse at ccrc is a joke In brampton slows down the whole process in all works of the sales,merch and sales has to take the heat from the customers concently...things are confusing with no real answer and no clear solutions to the issues.....I respect everyone on my team and any other large volume merchandising teams...because boys and girls we all get paid like poo and bust our butt like Noone knows but us ( new pepsi hire makes 6 dollers more for the same job ) no Benifits ( rare they take you full time almost impossible ) turn over rate is riduilous liturally if 50 people get hired guarantee at years end you only have max 20 left. direct supervisors and lead hands are hardworking....but everyone else is clueless....maybe the marketing team at ccrc ( who produce quality ) can take over and run trucks or forclifts in the plant. or better bring your merchandiser teams from all over the gta and let them work your production, I guarantee you they know the definition of hard work,time management, teamwork etc...

most of all pay your merchs more!!!....pretend like you care. I dare anyone of you office people to try to work a 5-7 store day with every store having anywhere from 3 to 7 skids ...all by your self ....day in and out
Pros
mileage/flexible/direct supervisors
Cons
bad PAY no Benifits
Fun and Exciting place to work at.
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON14 July 2015
A Great Company to work with. I have started my career with Coca Cola as Graduate Engineer and over a period I was promoted as Quality Systems Manager.
Team is very good.Employee appreciation is good.Very cooperative top management.Reasonable Vacations and benefits.Pay is less when compared to other companies.
Enjoyable experiences
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  London UK8 July 2015
I lernt a lot and discovered that I do honestly work just as effectively in a team or on my own initiative. I found that working with a blue chip company enables employees to work hard, because of the career progression and opportunities.
Pros
THE TEAM
Cons
TRAFFIC
Productive and fun workplace
Full Time Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto8 July 2015
Fun workplace with a great intern management team, I was able to learn a lot, with intense training, and grow and be apart of a great team. With any large company, there is a lot of management changes, decisions that occur that makes for a lot of red tape and politics to occur.
Waste of time
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg6 July 2015
Been working here 4year management didnt treat employee right, stock to your position for a long time and no chance of being permanent full time management give you false hope. Lot of partime guys still waiting to get full time but no hope. Pension no good benefit nothing!management force you to work like a full time but paid as a part time.
Pros
You wish
Cons
They will just use you
I worked with a great group of people who were passionate about the product they were selling
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto23 June 2015
I have worked with Coca Cola for almost 8 years and have only good memories to share with anyone. It is a great place to work for . What I personally learnt was if you love what you do and believe in yourself you can achieve your goals no matter how hard it is. Management supported flex work hours and encouraged staff to have a work/life balance. I still keep in touch with my co-workers which means they were great to work with.
Pros
Coca- Cola from the freestyle machine
Cons
Its not easy selling soft drinks, when preferences in the market is changing .... but we share happiness :)
Great starter job
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 June 2015
A typical day at Coca-cola was following break schedules and specking with customers to place product orders.
At Coca-cola I leaned, that every opportunity is a good one. How to be more of a team player. As for Management, I was disappointed in the roles/ respect some members had for their fellow co-workers. Hardest part of the job was being able to relax and enjoy what you do on a daily basis, scorecard inconsistencies were discouraging. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company pride all employees had. No matter the cons of the job, working for a world wide known company like Cola cola was a great feeling.
Pros
Discounts on product, Company Pride
Cons
No shift flexibility, point system
Fun people, great brands, but reactive environment
Manager - Category Revenue Growth Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2015
The Coca Cola Canada organization is great to learn the ins & outs of a top tier consumer packaged goods. The marketing department is likely the most value added group as they get to deal with the long term direction of great brands.

The toughest part about working there is the reactive nature of responding to the marketplace. It was never an environment where any risks were taken and for that reason, they have fallen to smaller competitors in this marketplace.
Pros
Excellent work life balance in most areas(mgr discretion)
Cons
management driven decisions are very reactive to the marketplace, Advancement based on performance is not emphasized.
Ole Boys Club & Nepotism Is alive and well (Brampton)
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton8 May 2015
The job is easy. You put pop on wood, then on a truck, then deliver it to a customer. Not saving any lives here. The employees are a challenge at times but that's because the upper management and HR are so out of touch with how a proper support structure works. Strong and malicious unions are a direct result of poor management. If you don't crack the ole boys club they will sell you down the river over and over. They,(the managers) are all recycled through the ranks over and over. The top brass executives say the right things but as it filters down the ranks it's not even close to being aligned with the companies policies. Work anywhere but Brampton unless you like being blamed for everything because the useless managers that are recycled, and because, it will cost to much to get rid of them. plus the absolute blatant nepotism is your thing go for it. Hey at least they will pay you good. I was, and many more will be tricked by big red, I had such high hopes for working there for the rest of my life. But remember this review when you think about how the majority of your days go. Good Luck. I could go on for days but most are going to think I'm just a disgruntled former employee so I will let you figure it out yourself.
Pros
Free Pop and Good Wage
Cons
Manager level and up, HR

Coca-Cola Refreshments Reviews by Location