Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

A great place to learn about yourself
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Longer days with lots of expectations. This company is always in a stat of change however, trying to always achieve the best.
Pros
Self learning enviromment
Cons
You can easily be discarded
Great company to work
Manager Product Commercialization (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
ITL Canada is a great company to work for. The benefits and work-life balance is amazing. There is a lot of learning about the regulations and tobacco industry.
Great experience but very challenging
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 November 2016
Outdated processes, manual, not quick on changes, old school and old tools. Strong presence of Union. People come and go, hard to build strong relations as salaried employees are constantly moving around.
Good Place to work
Senior Forecasting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Great place to work. Good pears, management. Very nice offices. Dynamic place with an opportunity to grow. Fair compensation and good benefits. Free products.
Pros
Excellent location, benefits, competative compensation
Cons
hard to grow. management picks favourites
A job that has stress around every corner
Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 November 2016
This job seemed okay at first but over time it changed drastically. I was given training for 3 days in my first week but then the whole week after they never scheduled me at all and when I asked why I wasn't I never got a response until 3 days later & didn't work for a whole week. After a whole week of not working I was trained for 2 more days and expected to work in stores overnight by myself which I felt was really rushed. The job its self can be tiring, if your lucky there will only be one or two skids of product to place but usually there is about 6 or 7 loads to do per store ( you get about 3 or 4 stores a night ) and after awhile this can be tiring when working by yourself, I suggest stretching before and after if your going to do this job and to get alot of sleep and eat well before your shift cause work starts at about 11 pm - 1am and can go all the way to 11am the next day, depending on your load but most shifts are 9 hours so to anyone that isn't used to working overnights I highly suggest you prepare your body for this. Your going to random stores within the GTA so sometimes at certain stores the pump trucks aren't working well and there can be delays in when the trucks deliver coca cola product which can delay when you finish.

Management is horrible with communication and they often will only email you back when they need to get information through, it seems as if they dont care about your problems. Many times they have scheduled me on my days off that I requested I have off when I first started and when I would finally get a response back I would get responses
  more... such as " Were short this week and it will change next week" or " sorry, would you still be able to work?"

This job is a minimum of 24 hours weekly but sometimes there are weeks where no hours are given at all, sometimes 2 weeks straight so if your looking for a steady job with good income I would be cautious of working here.
Pros
They pay 50 cents per km you drive
Cons
longs hard hours, heavy lifting, working by your self
Member of high performance team that grew the value of brands
Brand Manager, Coca-Cola Trademark Brands (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
Management of the marketing strategies and Development of the creative campaigns that weave together multiple marketing disciplines that drove brand value for Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Coca-Cola Zero. All demonstrating share point gains and improvements in awareness, consideration and consumption
Great to get experience
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2016
great company to get some experience. very similar to other big companies. good work life balance, co-workers are helpful. great bosses. pay for car allowance
Great people to work with :)
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
Fellow warehouse employees are great! They have made my experience within the workplace enjoyable. Learn a lot of new warehouse skills and procedures.
Pros
Flexable Hours
Cons
Senority based employer, promotions, etc. are only provided to those with multiple yrs. employed. Not actual job performance
Not worth the headache
Order Builder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2016
Awful place to work. Management is a joke and has ridiculous expectations, you're driven into the ground day in and out with little rest or time to recover, your hours are immediately cut if you start slowing down due to injuries accumulated from the work.

It's a terrible work environment and not worth it whatsoever. Stay away.
Pros
Free pop at lunch
Cons
Poor management, random hour cuts, no communication
Great Job Work/Life Balance
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2016
Very flexible hours, more interaction with management would be effective. Spend a lot of time alone lifting and moving boxes. Don't really get to know your co workers.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
strenuous work
productive fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 September 2016
great place to work, great team atmosphere. typical day involved travelling to and from stores insuring customer satisfaction with product, displaying product to meet company standards and ensuring stores satisfaction with Coca-Cola's products.
productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 September 2016
My typical day at work was to see exiting accounts and take their orders. I met a lot a great people in the trade as well and worked with a fantastic team of people.
Terrible management, high stress, high workload.
Coca Cola Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2016
Worked here over the last year, the workload my supervisors put on me was brutal. They expect far too much from one person. Awful company to work for.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Heavy workload, Bad management, High stress, High turnover
Very rewarding Company
SENIOR MERCHANDISER, RELIEF ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK22 August 2016
The job is incredibly challenging physically and mentally but every day is rewarding even when you do not complete all that you set out to do on that day. It is a job that must require a lot of flexibility in start and finish times as there are a lot of variables that affect your day, like, weather, vehicle breakdowns, tipped pallets of product. My co-workers and management team are the reason I work there. On those days that are hard to finish they are there to offer a word or a hand to get you through it. This job ticks all the right boxes, pay, good people, respect, rewarding work.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
No fixed schedule.
Productive and fun workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 August 2016
The most enjoyable part is the freedom you get while working. Management is great and vey understanding when it come to different things. Atypical day at work is very physical.
Productive, efficient work place, with an amazing culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 August 2016
A typical day at work for me would involve being at my first store, it may be a convenient store, gas station, or news stand, by 8am. From there I would approach the individual at the desk, and attempt to find the manager on duty or owner of the store. During this talk the individual would be made aware of the deals that are in place, what products they should be ordering, and if any new products the company is selling they should be purchasing. Once this is complete I would write an order for the store, taking into account the product in the fridge and inventory in the backroom, and this would be saved in my device. After this I would merchandise the store to Coca-Cola code, and insert the proper signs for the store.

This could be repeated anywhere between 10-20 times a day.

I have learned a lot from this job opportunity, such as; how to properly handle customers, dealing with and resolve issues on my feet, and also organizing my day so that I would be able to efficiently assist my customers.

The one thing that I did enjoy about this job was management, and my co-workers. They were always willing to help and teach, which allowed me to enhance my personal skills and establish a solid foundation to solidify myself in the working world.

Finally, the hardest part of the job was the commute. But, making customers happy and doing my job to the most of my own potential outweighed that.
Pros
Co-workers, the companies products, management, flexibility
Cons
Commute
Industrious Work Culture
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2016
In my experience as a field sales member, it is comparable to being in the marines. We are trained to work hard and be resilient when managing our customers.

The experience and skills you learn on the job are invaluable. It sets the stage for the rest of your career.
excellent company
Merchandiser-seasonal (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC31 July 2016
I was sent to different stores to put stock out, meet with managers.
I found the managers exceptional and also the co-workers were all great people to work with. The challenge that I found was pulling pallets full of product around the stores as I am a smaller woman. I enjoyed working by myself and with the public setting goals for myself was a great benefit.
Pros
they gave were very encouraging to their employees
Cons
alot of product and to get put out, very physical job for a smaller woman
Positive experience
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2016
Met a lot of good people while working here. However, there was not much room to move up within the company. I would say it was a relatively positive experience.
Productive - Great Environment
MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 July 2016
Get to meet new clients on a daily basis, Life as a Marketing Development Manager is very challenging and fun at the same time.

You are the master of your own business.
Pros
Flex hours - Can work from home.
Cons
Some overtime - when it comes to trade visits