Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
bad management
Merchandising products (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 1, 2016
very deficit job, with no benefits and not good pay. management team don't communicate to their staff members. supervisor do not care about his team, only focus on getting a daily number. very very poor place to work and terrible work environment.
coke
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 22, 2015
Pros: networking
Cons: stress
Great company, Good benefits, can be a stressful environment. Does not fast track employees. I would recommend to young grads that just got out of university. I would not recommend to those who are professional seeking a means to support their family.
Loved every minute of working at Coca Cola
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Great company to work for. Excellent benefits and ample room for opportunity to advancement.
As long as you work for it this Coke will take care of you. Great culture and employees are appreciated. Not like most large corporations.
Beware merchandising Position
LARGE FORMAT MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: People thinks your cool cause you work for coke
Cons: Long hours, Wear and tear on body and your vehicle, low pay, little to no advancment opportunities for merchandisers no matter how hard you work, account managers treat you like your stupid or talk behind you behind your backs
Very high turnover rate..poor pay. Extreme stress . Very very limited upward mobility.
Only take merchandising role if extremely desperate for work and you are in good shape or willing to do hardcore workouts everyday all day.
Worked here for over a year and a half and 98 percent of my coworkers quit..not something you can do long term
Amazing place to start and finish your career
Market Development Manager (Current Employee), OttawaOctober 22, 2015
Great place filled with great people. Most of the people I work with have been with the company for over 15 years. Salary could be a bit better.
lazy union warehouse and few of the truck drivers
merchandiser (Former Employee), bramptonAugust 3, 2015
Pros: mileage/flexible/direct supervisors
Cons: bad PAY no Benifits
I can easily say the distribution/warehouse at ccrc is a joke In brampton slows down the whole process in all works of the sales,merch and sales has to take the heat from the customers concently...things are confusing with no real answer and no clear solutions to the issues.....I respect everyone on my team and any other large volume merchandising teams...because boys and girls we all get paid like poo and bust our butt like Noone knows but us ( new pepsi hire makes 6 dollers more for the same job ) no Benifits ( rare they take you full time almost impossible ) turn over rate is riduilous liturally if 50 people get hired guarantee at years end you only have max 20 left. direct supervisors and lead hands are hardworking....but everyone else is clueless....maybe the marketing team at ccrc ( who produce quality ) can take over and run trucks or forclifts in the plant. or better bring your merchandiser teams from all over the gta and let them work your production, I guarantee you they know the definition of hard work,time management, teamwork etc...

most of all pay your merchs more!!!....pretend like you care. I dare anyone of you office people to try to work a 5-7 store day with every store having anywhere from 3 to 7 skids ...all by your self ....day in and out
Fun and Exciting place to work at.
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee), Toronto ONJuly 14, 2015
A Great Company to work with. I have started my career with Coca Cola as Graduate Engineer and over a period I was promoted as Quality Systems Manager.
Team is very good.Employee appreciation is good.Very cooperative top management.Reasonable Vacations and benefits.Pay is less when compared to other companies.
Sneaky, Low-Quality , Unprofessional, Unreliable Management
Former employee (Former Employee), Weston, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pros: name of coca-cola
Cons: management and union
It's too late when you find yourself have been surrounded by a bunch of sneaky and low-quality persons. This place has been manipulated and distorted long time by those unprofessional and unreliable managers. Union workers are complaining , fighting ,bumping each other and whining and quarreling every day. Good people , good managers can't stay but flee away. You can't see any good culture rooted in this ground but only rotten , fallen thoughts and things.
Productive and fun work place ,co workers are very co operative
TRUCK DRIVER AND MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: holiday work we get lunch
Cons: some times long hours
very Good compnay to work with, unfortunately I had to leave
because of some family problems to settle.
I enjoyed working with coca cola in future if a get a chance again
defenitely will work for them.
Fun people, great brands, but reactive environment
Manager - Category Revenue Growth Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent work life balance in most areas(mgr discretion)
Cons: management driven decisions are very reactive to the marketplace, Advancement based on performance is not emphasized.
The Coca Cola Canada organization is great to learn the ins & outs of a top tier consumer packaged goods. The marketing department is likely the most value added group as they get to deal with the long term direction of great brands.

The toughest part about working there is the reactive nature of responding to the marketplace. It was never an environment where any risks were taken and for that reason, they have fallen to smaller competitors in this marketplace.
Productive and fun work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: Working with others, great hours, an amazing management team
Cons: NONE. Honestly.
Although I work as a merchandiser and complete the daily task of replenishing beverages, what I love most is interacting with customers and fellow co-workers. I love working with people and helping others. Customer service has been my favourite part of work throughout a number of my previous jobs and as long as I am able to interact and communicate with others, I am happy.
Amazing and friendly workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: casual off-friday on specific days. fun spirit day.
Cons: only the salary..
Every day starts with greeting to everyone as we walk to our desk. Everyone knows everyone. Small chat to kick start the another day. Each day there is a new exposure to new and old customers we met on the phone yesterday. We can see and feel the smile of the customers during the conversation over the phone. Our supervisors and managers are always smiling and chatting with us, asking how we are doing today. The hardest part of the job cannot be determined as there're not really. Our colleagues, supervisors, managers, everyone in the office makes it so nice to be with everyone. Enjoying each and every moment of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being here to take care of every customers and help them in their orders and queries. Each and every day is different from the previous one.
I worked with a great group of people who were passionate about the product they were selling
Business Manager (Former Employee), TorontoJune 23, 2015
Pros: Coca- Cola from the freestyle machine
Cons: Its not easy selling soft drinks, when preferences in the market is changing .... but we share happiness :)
I have worked with Coca Cola for almost 8 years and have only good memories to share with anyone. It is a great place to work for . What I personally learnt was if you love what you do and believe in yourself you can achieve your goals no matter how hard it is. Management supported flex work hours and encouraged staff to have a work/life balance. I still keep in touch with my co-workers which means they were great to work with.
a very good place to work
ORDER PICKER/ FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: free pop and lunches
Cons: being on call
start picking i have learn a lot the management was very good co were very easy to work with picking for four hr straight and only having 1 break per day picking hard and trying to be one of the top pickers
Fast-paced quick learning company
Market Development Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good balance of salary vs. bonus
Cons: not a lot of performance perks, fairly cheap company
Working for a brand as large as Coca-Cola is prestigious so they only accept the highest quality of employees. To succeed you must be a fast learner and a hard worker. Market Development Manager can be overwhelming at times because you are held to a high standard and the work can be very reactionary depending on your customers.
Administrative Support - Part Time (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
I do auto cad projects on an as needed basis. I also communicate with management to discuss the fine details of the current project.
Nice and friendly
Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Very good overall, the only downside is me being Intern and not employee. Friendly people, nice place and hours. Management and overall atmosphere is good.
Great management, fun work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: High-Stress, Heavy Lifting
Being able to work on your own or with the help of a sales representative from time to time allows me to focus on my individual goals and preferences while at work. Being able to work alone gives me a sense of entitlement and I feel great knowing that I did a great job at each store. The hardest part of my job is handling stress on heavy days and the most enjoyable part is the overall flexibility (start whenever you want and end whenever you want).
Fast pace work environment with little down time
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Fast pace environment with little down time
Cons: Sometimes felt like a robot with the script given to answer calls
Management was good at helping staff attain goals and teaching skills necessary for the job. Staff were great to work with.
DONT WORK HERE
Sales (Former Employee), AlbertaApril 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits and Bonus
Cons: Management, Driving
Did not really enjoy my time with this company. Worked really hard for them and never really got recognized. Turned my sales area around and made my target volume every quarter but nothing was ever good enough.

Management is VERY unprofessional as they slander customers. Management considered in market "execution" as giving away hockey tickets or gift cards in exchange for extra product or floor space. In other words they would ask the lower workers to bribe customers. Management would often make promise and either forget about them or not follow through. This made a huge problem as my customers took it out on me.

For the amount of driving done for this job the compensation is not worth it. The wear and tear you put on your vehicle is ridiculous and only compensated with an extra couple hundred bucks every month. Also damage to inside of car from management making us take out 4-8 "case stackers" in cardboard boxes which in turn would smell up your car and make the inside dusty. It came to the point where stores would already have one and when I was asked to take 5 case stackers I would just toss them.

Bonuses are usually attainable and benefits were really good. Other then that there wasn't much upside to working. It sounds a lot more glamourous then it actually is.

I'd recommend higher management do a month as an account rep and see if they can meet some of the ridiculous goals they expected from us.
Links