Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

good
Merchandising Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2017
The company is a great place to work very friendly and welcoming and open environment.The company is also very innovative and forward thinking........
Sales
Sales/Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2017
Good company , overall for university Grads , then move on to other using your experience here . Current Sales Team Managers
not as strong as previous years sales with Area Sales Manager
Very tiring work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 June 2017
The only thing i would say that i don't agree with in the job is how easy the sales associates get off. Unfortunately the merchandisers are the one doing the heavy lifting and hard work while the sales reap most of the benefits such as bonuses etc. Other than that the management has been very well and easy to work with.
Pros
Independent work, Good pay.
Cons
Hard work, some long days, can be very tiring.
merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS9 May 2017
standard day consists of driving from store to store to ensure all stock is on shelves, displays are built and back stock is condensed. no guaranteed hours and not highly compensated. ensure you lift with your legs and not with your back..
great work place experience.
Temporary Transport Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2017
some easy days some hard days, all days you get through. for the most part was a very pleasurable job experience. great colleagues , friendly management team.
Pros
work independently
Cons
heavy lifting
Independent but very disorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 January 2017
The work was physical and you got paid for drive time, but communication with the manager was difficult at best. There were many times where I found myself waiting for an answer and not receiving one. Also found receiving if I was working or not an hour before my shift was obnoxious. Work and pay was good, management was not.
Pros
Paid for drive time
Cons
Communication
no communication
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 January 2017
A few days of training and they send you out on your own.
Thats ok considering its not difficult to figure out what to do. No communication no set schedule no feeling of job security, feel very unappreciated as an employee. Few hours a week if any. How is anyone supposed to pay bills and live. Pay is very low for the amount of physical labour one must do. Constant turnover of merchandisers. Pepsi pays 40% higher for exact same position.
Pros
dont know of any
Cons
no security low pay
A job that has stress around every corner
Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 November 2016
This job seemed okay at first but over time it changed drastically. I was given training for 3 days in my first week but then the whole week after they never scheduled me at all and when I asked why I wasn't I never got a response until 3 days later & didn't work for a whole week. After a whole week of not working I was trained for 2 more days and expected to work in stores overnight by myself which I felt was really rushed. The job its self can be tiring, if your lucky there will only be one or two skids of product to place but usually there is about 6 or 7 loads to do per store ( you get about 3 or 4 stores a night ) and after awhile this can be tiring when working by yourself, I suggest stretching before and after if your going to do this job and to get alot of sleep and eat well before your shift cause work starts at about 11 pm - 1am and can go all the way to 11am the next day, depending on your load but most shifts are 9 hours so to anyone that isn't used to working overnights I highly suggest you prepare your body for this. Your going to random stores within the GTA so sometimes at certain stores the pump trucks aren't working well and there can be delays in when the trucks deliver coca cola product which can delay when you finish.

Management is horrible with communication and they often will only email you back when they need to get information through, it seems as if they dont care about your problems. Many times they have scheduled me on my days off that I requested I have off when I first started and when I would finally get a response back I would get responses
  more... such as " Were short this week and it will change next week" or " sorry, would you still be able to work?"

This job is a minimum of 24 hours weekly but sometimes there are weeks where no hours are given at all, sometimes 2 weeks straight so if your looking for a steady job with good income I would be cautious of working here.
Pros
They pay 50 cents per km you drive
Cons
longs hard hours, heavy lifting, working by your self
Great Job Work/Life Balance
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2016
Very flexible hours, more interaction with management would be effective. Spend a lot of time alone lifting and moving boxes. Don't really get to know your co workers.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
strenuous work
productive fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 September 2016
great place to work, great team atmosphere. typical day involved travelling to and from stores insuring customer satisfaction with product, displaying product to meet company standards and ensuring stores satisfaction with Coca-Cola's products.
Terrible management, high stress, high workload.
Coca Cola Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2016
Worked here over the last year, the workload my supervisors put on me was brutal. They expect far too much from one person. Awful company to work for.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Heavy workload, Bad management, High stress, High turnover
Productive and fun workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 August 2016
The most enjoyable part is the freedom you get while working. Management is great and vey understanding when it come to different things. Atypical day at work is very physical.
Productive and fun work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 April 2016
Although I work as a merchandiser and complete the daily task of replenishing beverages, what I love most is interacting with customers and fellow co-workers. I love working with people and helping others. Customer service has been my favourite part of work throughout a number of my previous jobs and as long as I am able to interact and communicate with others, I am happy.
Pros
Working with others, great hours, an amazing management team
Cons
NONE. Honestly.
Beware merchandising Position
LARGE FORMAT MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
Very high turnover rate..poor pay. Extreme stress . Very very limited upward mobility.
Only take merchandising role if extremely desperate for work and you are in good shape or willing to do hardcore workouts everyday all day.
Worked here for over a year and a half and 98 percent of my coworkers quit..not something you can do long term
Pros
People thinks your cool cause you work for coke
Cons
Long hours, Wear and tear on body and your vehicle, low pay, little to no advancment opportunities for merchandisers no matter how hard you work, account managers treat you like your stupid or talk behind you behind your backs
bad management
Merchandising products (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 March 2016
very deficit job, with no benefits and not good pay. management team don't communicate to their staff members. supervisor do not care about his team, only focus on getting a daily number. very very poor place to work and terrible work environment.
Great management, fun work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
Being able to work on your own or with the help of a sales representative from time to time allows me to focus on my individual goals and preferences while at work. Being able to work alone gives me a sense of entitlement and I feel great knowing that I did a great job at each store. The hardest part of my job is handling stress on heavy days and the most enjoyable part is the overall flexibility (start whenever you want and end whenever you want).
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High-Stress, Heavy Lifting
lazy union warehouse and few of the truck drivers
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  brampton3 August 2015
I can easily say the distribution/warehouse at ccrc is a joke In brampton slows down the whole process in all works of the sales,merch and sales has to take the heat from the customers concently...things are confusing with no real answer and no clear solutions to the issues.....I respect everyone on my team and any other large volume merchandising teams...because boys and girls we all get paid like poo and bust our butt like Noone knows but us ( new pepsi hire makes 6 dollers more for the same job ) no Benifits ( rare they take you full time almost impossible ) turn over rate is riduilous liturally if 50 people get hired guarantee at years end you only have max 20 left. direct supervisors and lead hands are hardworking....but everyone else is clueless....maybe the marketing team at ccrc ( who produce quality ) can take over and run trucks or forclifts in the plant. or better bring your merchandiser teams from all over the gta and let them work your production, I guarantee you they know the definition of hard work,time management, teamwork etc...

most of all pay your merchs more!!!....pretend like you care. I dare anyone of you office people to try to work a 5-7 store day with every store having anywhere from 3 to 7 skids ...all by your self ....day in and out
Pros
mileage/flexible/direct supervisors
Cons
bad PAY no Benifits
nice place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  edmonton30 March 2015
hardest part was that there was lot of heavy stuff to move.

good co-workers.
nice pay as compared to job.
nice job benefits.
Old merchandiser are given superior treatment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, CA28 March 2015
Cons: Not Paid OT, treated badly, sales/account managers make you do extra work
Ive been working as a merchandiser for so long yet i still feel like other merchandiser are treated better than me even though ive been working so hard.

Old merchandiser gets most of the hours but they make you do most of the work. If anyone calls in sick, the merchandisers call me to cover their calls. I mean this is no fair on my side. I cant stick to my schedule because i dont know when someone will call in sick and i will have to work OT that day. Beside i dont get paid for it. I usually work for 8-9 hours in a day but only get paid for 4 or 5 hours.

Its not worth the effort, i feel there is alot of discrimintation going on there. If you have been working there for 8-9 years they will treat you superior than others.

I just heard from someone today, who left the job a while ago. Now they want him to come back and he accepted the offer. They offered him a new phone as soon as he arrived but ive been working for almost an year but i still havent got a company phone.

I feel my hard efforts are going waste.
Pros
Free coke once in a Million years
Cons
OT not paid, not treated fairly, old merchandiser treated better, kms cut
working here is just a waste of time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg25 March 2015
I've been working since August 2012 as Part-time merchandiser. I was recently offered a driver position in distribution department. It's amazing, because I didn't even apply for it but was contacted because my former boss recommended me. I did accept the offer and start my training and settle all paper works, but merchandising team needs a work force that time. I have no choice but to stay for the team and wait for a new member for my replacement. The business slow down and the driver position was closed. I am very worried about my situation as the new people joined our team and getting more hours than me. I got two day shift a week and makes a huge impact on my financial obligation. I can’t help myself to feel that I’m not getting equal treatment as they cut my hours for just reason, and I am so disappointed as I constantly working hard and efficiently doing all task and project given to me. I am faced with a dilemma, I am supporting my wife’s family back home as I do not want to have more debt but if I leave this company now would never find one right away. I am so stressed thinking and searching for source of income. I was hoping for help from our union but they do nothing.
Pros
Cheap incentives, takes 5 years to be full time employee
Cons
Using your own car no maintenance discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Refreshments. Our community is ready to answer.

Coca-Cola Refreshments Reviews by Location