Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews for Account Manager

amazing company to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 November 2017
great place to work with various opportunities for advancement. amazing people, very career oriented.

several opportunities for growth and very supportive of doing so
Great Coworkers
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 May 2017
People you work with are great but management is losing the confidence of it workers with decisions being made on how to go to business. Great freedom within you job out in the field.
Inventory management and order taking/selling
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
Responsible for ordering/selling/inventory management and merchandising of stores within a territory. Must have a valid drivers licence to commute from store to store and sales centre for sales meetings
Could be a great Job but large geography with a small work force makes for long days and a large workload
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL10 April 2017
Was a great brand to represent and gave me a sense of pride to say whom I worked for. My latter years with the company were more challenging as new ownership brought on changes that were difficult in a large geography, small work force area.

A typical work day is 10 to 12 hours with only a 5 minute
commute to nearest account. Days can be longer at busy times or if you decide to stop to eat or have to "fit personal things" into your day. The job does have some flexibility to fit things like doctor appointments into the schedule but you still have the same amount of work to be done each day.

Management in my area have a large geography to cover and there was a lot of expectancy from upper management which usually leads to asking for more out of employees.

The company does offer benefits that are not as good as they were in years past or as some other companies offer. Also the pension plan is probably near the bottom of the pack IMO.

The job does have a good physical flow to it that keeps you on your toes and you meet a wide variety of people that you may not get to meet in other jobs.

The company also offers great courses in a variety of aspects pertaining to the industry (some mandatory some optional) and I have found that these courses still server me well in my life after Coca Cola (highly recommend doing most of them if given the opportunity).
Pros
Some flexability and vacation time based on years of service
Cons
Long hours, poor recognition for hard work and increasing cuts to perks
Great people, great work
Account Manger (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
Amazing team to work with, great work balance, team oriented. Theres always something new to learn. Quick pace work environment, time sensitive with work activation
Pros
flexible work life
Great benefits, poor work culture
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2017
Little opportunity for advancement, work culture is exclusionary. Low morale due to lots of lay-offs. Most enjoyable part of the job were my customers.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, low morale
Great Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
Coca-Cola is a great company to work for. There are lots of opportunities to advance and there is plenty of support from upper management. The account manager position gives you lots of freedom and the ability to work within your own schedule.
great work place.
account manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 November 2015
lots of training so you can deal with customers.
how to deal with customers.
how to manage your route to get everything done on time.
co-worker always ready to help.
meet your targets.
all the new people you deal with everyday.
Don't work here
accounts manager (Former Employee) –  Summerside20 March 2015
Could care less about their employees. All they care about is the bottom line. Stores do not get the proper merchandising cause hours are cut way back. Impossible people to deal with. No loyalty to their employees whatsoever. You have to be real desperate to acce4pt a position here as they will give you no respect, expect you to do 40 hours work in 10 hours and absolutely refuse to give anyone vacation time, even though it is against the law to do so. Worst company ever.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
High stress and working on your own
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BC23 August 2014
meeting with store managers, ordering product, dealing with customer issues, executing promotional material
Pros
car allowance
Cons
Great team, excellent management team. Work life balance very 'imbalanced'
Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2014
A typical day (should have been 8:00-5:00, but was more 7:00-7:00)
Which saw you;
7am opening your emails (usually at least 15 - 20 first thing in the am)
8am quick conference call
8:15 - 9:30am route planning and other daily organization
9:30 or 10:00 on the road completing sales calls. This included all details listed in resume i.e.: selling in priorities, monthly deals, merchandising, completing orders, cleaning coolers and displays if necessary to enhance sale of product, re merchandising, and pricing. Public liaison with your customer and putting out fires.
Always on call during the day, as well ensuring Customer Support Calls are being handled through out the regular duties.
4:00 sometimes later back to computer for follow ups and signing out of calls on BOSS System. Usually until 7:00 pm. Sometimes earlier sometimes even later

What I learned?
Multi Tasking skills, organizational skills and learning how to pace ones self through the day ensuring to eat and not become overwhelmed, especially during trade tour times.

I had 2 amazing District Sales Managers during my time with Coca-Cola. Both skilled in different ways, but extremely good at their roles and ensuring their teams were taken care of accurately and supported as best that they could given disorganized circumstances.
We went through 2 Area Sales Managers in my time. One was great the latter was lacking in personal skills and communication skills. It made the DSM position difficult, but they did a great job despite.

Co-workers
Could not have asked for a better bunch of
  more... people to share my time with. We all worked very well together, being a very diverse crowd we all had different things to offer, and worked very hard for each other. Extremely supportive and fun group. Outside Sales you don't see each other that often so it was a testament to see how close we all were.

Hardest part of the job?
How disorganized it was. The team and our DSM's worked very hard to make our customers happy, however there was not enough time in a day with the amount of staff we had to provide customers with the proper care and follow up they each deserved. As a result, days did not run smoothly and despite efforts I never left a day feeling at peace with my accomplishments, even though at best I was the top achiever and my territory ranked best bonus structure more often than not.
There was quite a revolving door in my three years in the company and the sales teams. As a result I took on many territories at once as well as coached and trained the new staff and the special projects. Add constant Trade Tours, this job all of a sudden robbed me of any work life balance and ultimately led to my desire to leave.
The team became fragmented due to exhaustion.
Throughout, I will maintain that my DSM's were great as they did the best they could under disorganized circumstances. All have since left as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job?
Selling, the customers, the people. The diverse group of customers from territory to territory. The accomplishments and pride in selling in and merchandising a good looking sale. Making customers feel good, laugh and communicating with different personalities everyday.

Our team was great and there were a lot of perks. We were worked very hard, but they were always flexible when you needed something. There was never any guilt when you wanted time off and they urged you to take your holidays. The DSM team was great at acknowledging your accomplishments and rewarding your successes. As they burned out it became less, but they always had an open door and were very supportive.
Pros
Excellent team, great District Sales Manager, good benefits, good holiday structure, excellent flexibility
Cons
work life balance, territories too large to support customers accurately, perks taken away with new structuring