Coca-Cola Refreshments
2,304 reviews

Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Don't fall for the Coca--Cola. It's not all what it appears to be!
Recruiter (Current Employee), BramptonFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: awesome co-workers
Cons: stay away if you have to
Coca-Cola looks good on your resume but I cannot say its the best company I've worked for.
Discrimination and favouritism still exists at Coca-Cola and they hide behind their lawyers
Supervisors are puppets to upper management.
Hardest part of my job is putting up with their BS answers
Free coke but the novelty wears off.
I really can't say Coke has made me a better person; I just learned not to accept BS answer.
Its a name Brand, nice place to work
Production Supervisor / Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Always improving and making positive changes. Slowly and steadily we are on our way to achieve the goals. jkhowieyawioeunwliuzsqwieuxieu3irwr yweuirnferuifyerfu wernxwelrixywemxryew rretyernctrtertgmcvtuiv srntuumnce
Amazing and friendly workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: casual off-friday on specific days. fun spirit day.
Cons: only the salary..
Every day starts with greeting to everyone as we walk to our desk. Everyone knows everyone. Small chat to kick start the another day. Each day there is a new exposure to new and old customers we met on the phone yesterday. We can see and feel the smile of the customers during the conversation over the phone. Our supervisors and managers are always smiling and chatting with us, asking how we are doing today. The hardest part of the job cannot be determined as there're not really. Our colleagues, supervisors, managers, everyone in the office makes it so nice to be with everyone. Enjoying each and every moment of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being here to take care of every customers and help them in their orders and queries. Each and every day is different from the previous one.
pathetic company to work for!
driver (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: drivers will help you learn the job
Cons: long hours and poor management
management doesn't treat employees well.. if something goes wrong they don't communicate--they just ignore you. A typical day is driving a delivery truck and delivering pop to stores. I learned that coke has a big image but poor relations with people. People are just a number. The only good part of the job was meeting customers but the customers didn't like the way coke treated them either..Stay away from this totally poorly run company.. Most of their equipment is from 1998.. One might have thought that coke might be more current than that.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
BUILDER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
I enjoyed everyone I worked with, I enjoyed the physical demand that came with the job. Also, got trained to drive a power jack was excellent will help me in future jobs
Fast Paced Culture
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 31, 2014
Pros: recognizable brand, worldwide exposure.
Cons: a lot of last minute decision making, communication is a challenge from the top down.
You learn quickly how to adapt to multiple customers and personalities. If you cannot multi-task effectively, you will chase your tail.
not a fun place to be.
Driver (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: delivering product.
Cons: some co-workers
I felt Iwas alone there and didn.t have any support from my manager, supertvisor. I was being harassed by co-worker .Hardest part of the job was dealing with co-worker. The most enjoyable part of job was interacting with the customers.
Good company to work for.
Integrated Service Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, OnOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: repetitive work
The company provides good benefits and a good work environment. Some jobs are repetitive and require a good sales person.
Great atomospher
Order Builder (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2014
great people, good pay, full benefits and close to public transportation.
High stress and working on your own
Account Manager (Current Employee), BCAugust 23, 2014
Pros: car allowance
Cons: long hours
meeting with store managers, ordering product, dealing with customer issues, executing promotional material
interesting
Driver Assistant (part-time) (Current Employee), Sydney, NSJuly 10, 2014
was always busy met new people everyday, in different towns and citys
Productive and trendy workplace
Pricing/Sales Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: free beverages
A typical day is very productive and goes by quickly.
Periodic interactions with members of management.
Pleasant co-workers who are not afraid to engage.
The hardest part of the job is the occasional increase in workload.
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is the interaction with other and working together to achieve a common goal.
Loved working here
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 30, 2014
Pros: good pay and mileage reimbursement
Cons: hard work
Simple job, lots of time to thing and be alone. Management changed while working there, not so great anymore.
Excellent place to grow with the company
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Montebello, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great place for growth
Cons: unfortunately there was a reduction in force and my job was affected.
When I started with Coca-Cola I was a service tech dispatcher. I was pleased to see that hard work and great work ethic was noticed. I was later asked to apply for the role of inventory clerk and worked with such an awesome staff.
Great team, excellent management team. Work life balance very 'imbalanced'
Account Development Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2014
Pros: excellent team, great district sales manager, good benefits, good holiday structure, excellent flexibility
Cons: work life balance, territories too large to support customers accurately, perks taken away with new structuring
A typical day (should have been 8:00-5:00, but was more 7:00-7:00)
Which saw you;
7am opening your emails (usually at least 15 - 20 first thing in the am)
8am quick conference call
8:15 - 9:30am route planning and other daily organization
9:30 or 10:00 on the road completing sales calls. This included all details listed in resume i.e.: selling in priorities, monthly deals, merchandising, completing orders, cleaning coolers and displays if necessary to enhance sale of product, re merchandising, and pricing. Public liaison with your customer and putting out fires.
Always on call during the day, as well ensuring Customer Support Calls are being handled through out the regular duties.
4:00 sometimes later back to computer for follow ups and signing out of calls on BOSS System. Usually until 7:00 pm. Sometimes earlier sometimes even later

What I learned?
Multi Tasking skills, organizational skills and learning how to pace ones self through the day ensuring to eat and not become overwhelmed, especially during trade tour times.

I had 2 amazing District Sales Managers during my time with Coca-Cola. Both skilled in different ways, but extremely good at their roles and ensuring their teams were taken care of accurately and supported as best that they could given disorganized circumstances.
We went through 2 Area Sales Managers in my time. One was great the latter was lacking in personal skills and communication skills. It made the DSM position difficult, but they did a great job despite.

Co-workers
Could not have asked for a better bunch of people to share my time with. – more... We all worked very well together, being a very diverse crowd we all had different things to offer, and worked very hard for each other. Extremely supportive and fun group. Outside Sales you don't see each other that often so it was a testament to see how close we all were.

Hardest part of the job?
How disorganized it was. The team and our DSM's worked very hard to make our customers happy, however there was not enough time in a day with the amount of staff we had to provide customers with the proper care and follow up they each deserved. As a result, days did not run smoothly and despite efforts I never left a day feeling at peace with my accomplishments, even though at best I was the top achiever and my territory ranked best bonus structure more often than not.
There was quite a revolving door in my three years in the company and the sales teams. As a result I took on many territories at once as well as coached and trained the new staff and the special projects. Add constant Trade Tours, this job all of a sudden robbed me of any work life balance and ultimately led to my desire to leave.
The team became fragmented due to exhaustion.
Throughout, I will maintain that my DSM's were great as they did the best they could under disorganized circumstances. All have since left as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job?
Selling, the customers, the people. The diverse group of customers from territory to territory. The accomplishments and pride in selling in and merchandising a good looking sale. Making customers feel good, laugh and communicating with different personalities everyday.

Our team was great and there were a lot of perks. We were worked very hard, but they were always flexible when you needed something. There was never any guilt when you wanted time off and they urged you to take your holidays. The DSM team was great at acknowledging your accomplishments and rewarding your successes. As they burned out it became less, but they always had an open door and were very supportive. – less
Good stepping stone once post secondary completed
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: passion of employees
Cons: too much red tape
Upsell display activity in all accounts with sales team to meet volume targets.
Lots of coaching with team and trade visits by senior management.
Fun working environment
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2014
I enjoy my employment here, but I'm looking to upgrade my skills.
coca cola
Bilingual Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 16, 2013
a great environment to work with great people
taking orders from customer,
very
productive and good working condition
TRUCK DRIVER AND MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Dawson creek and EdmontonNovember 23, 2013
Pros: bonus for safety month
Cons: long hours
A day busy all the working hours
I have learned customer relation
Good management
Co workers were good depends on your behaviour
Big trailer Parking in the city.
Meeting different types of people everyday
Your making someones day when you show up with their favorite beverages
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: being able to look back when your walking out the door ans be able to see a job well done
Cons: couldn't get the time i wanted off when i wanted it off to see family, even with 12 years with the company
-Paperwork, inspect truck and secure load. Drive from delivery to delivery taking product from the truck into the customer to be counted and varified. Put product away and collect monies. drive back to home base, check load, inspect truck, count monies and do paperwork.
-how to be a team player, a lot of critical thinking required, how to deal with a diverse range of customers from different cultures and backgrounds
-I think management has the most stressful job and when heads roll it's usually them that feel it most
-I believe I had the pleasure of working among some of the best drivers Edmonton has to offer
-Customers who are mad at sales/bad orders/wrong orders, although none of these things have to do with the drivers we are the face for the company they see and tend to take it out on the first coca-cola uniform they see
-Making people smile

1 2 3

About Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments is made up of the people who actually make, market and distribute happiness, in the form of great Coca-Cola – Read more

Coca-Cola Refreshments Photos