Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
job description
Temporary labourer (Former Employee), winnipeg, ManitobaAugust 20, 2015
a new type of maintenance from previous work. I learned some

different cultural customs and met a variety of people than I had

in previous types of employment. I moved around in my

job descriptions which kept work more interesting.
Very supportive co-workers
Power Engineer/ Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Good exposure to industrial mechanics
Cons: Too much pressure working alone on a shift.
For barely working at Coke for 2 years, my mechanical skills are more enhanced and made me more attentive to details. I can say, I am more aware with "safety first" when performing work. I became more confident in dealing and working with different people.
Although outstanding employees are recognized and appreciated, I though It could have been more interesting if the management have given better rewards.
lazy union warehouse and few of the truck drivers
merchandiser (Former Employee), bramptonAugust 3, 2015
Pros: mileage/flexible/direct supervisors
Cons: bad PAY no Benifits
I can easily say the distribution/warehouse at ccrc is a joke In brampton slows down the whole process in all works of the sales,merch and sales has to take the heat from the customers concently...things are confusing with no real answer and no clear solutions to the issues.....I respect everyone on my team and any other large volume merchandising teams...because boys and girls we all get paid like – more... poo and bust our butt like Noone knows but us ( new pepsi hire makes 6 dollers more for the same job ) no Benifits ( rare they take you full time almost impossible ) turn over rate is riduilous liturally if 50 people get hired guarantee at years end you only have max 20 left. direct supervisors and lead hands are hardworking....but everyone else is clueless....maybe the marketing team at ccrc ( who produce quality ) can take over and run trucks or forclifts in the plant. or better bring your merchandiser teams from all over the gta and let them work your production, I guarantee you they know the definition of hard work,time management, teamwork etc...

most of all pay your merchs more!!!....pretend like you care. I dare anyone of you office people to try to work a 5-7 store day with every store having anywhere from 3 to 7 skids ...all by your self ....day in and out – less
Enjoyable experiences
Territory Manager (Former Employee), London UKJuly 8, 2015
Pros: THE TEAM
Cons: TRAFFIC
I lernt a lot and discovered that I do honestly work just as effectively in a team or on my own initiative. I found that working with a blue chip company enables employees to work hard, because of the career progression and opportunities.
Productive and fun workplace
Full Time Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 8, 2015
Fun workplace with a great intern management team, I was able to learn a lot, with intense training, and grow and be apart of a great team. With any large company, there is a lot of management changes, decisions that occur that makes for a lot of red tape and politics to occur.
Waste of time
Machine operator (Current Employee), WinnipegJuly 6, 2015
Pros: You wish
Cons: They will just use you
Been working here 4year management didnt treat employee right, stock to your position for a long time and no chance of being permanent full time management give you false hope. Lot of partime guys still waiting to get full time but no hope. Pension no good benefit nothing!management force you to work like a full time but paid as a part time.
Great starter job
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 21, 2015
Pros: Discounts on product, Company Pride
Cons: No shift flexibility, point system
A typical day at Coca-cola was following break schedules and specking with customers to place product orders.
At Coca-cola I leaned, that every opportunity is a good one. How to be more of a team player. As for Management, I was disappointed in the roles/ respect some members had for their fellow co-workers. Hardest part of the job was being able to relax and enjoy what you do on a daily basis, scorecard inconsistencies were discouraging. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company pride all employees had. No matter the cons of the job, working for a world wide known company like Cola cola was a great feeling.
good
SALES MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), edmonton, ABJune 7, 2015
loved this job. it was awesome. wouldn't change anything. everyone apply. its wicked. nothing bad to say. good pay good work good people good everything
Fun people, great brands, but reactive environment
Manager - Category Revenue Growth Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent work life balance in most areas(mgr discretion)
Cons: management driven decisions are very reactive to the marketplace, Advancement based on performance is not emphasized.
The Coca Cola Canada organization is great to learn the ins & outs of a top tier consumer packaged goods. The marketing department is likely the most value added group as they get to deal with the long term direction of great brands.

The toughest part about working there is the reactive nature of responding to the marketplace. It was never an environment where any risks were taken and for that reason, they have fallen to smaller competitors in this marketplace.
Ole Boys Club & Nepotism Is alive and well (Brampton)
Supervisor (Former Employee), BramptonMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free Pop and Good Wage
Cons: Manager level and up, HR
The job is easy. You put pop on wood, then on a truck, then deliver it to a customer. Not saving any lives here. The employees are a challenge at times but that's because the upper management and HR are so out of touch with how a proper support structure works. Strong and malicious unions are a direct result of poor management. If you don't crack the ole boys club they will sell you down the river – more... over and over. They,(the managers) are all recycled through the ranks over and over. The top brass executives say the right things but as it filters down the ranks it's not even close to being aligned with the companies policies. Work anywhere but Brampton unless you like being blamed for everything because the useless managers that are recycled, and because, it will cost to much to get rid of them. plus the absolute blatant nepotism is your thing go for it. Hey at least they will pay you good. I was, and many more will be tricked by big red, I had such high hopes for working there for the rest of my life. But remember this review when you think about how the majority of your days go. Good Luck. I could go on for days but most are going to think I'm just a disgruntled former employee so I will let you figure it out yourself. – less
Good work environment but stressful.
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: Developed the skill set.
Cons: Stressful work environment.
Started to work early hours and dealt with employees. Assigned them to their duties and resolved their issues. Followed up with them throughout the day and ensured the success of the deliveries.
Snakes In The Grass
Forklift Driver (Current Employee), WestonApril 8, 2015
Pros: Most fellow employees are helpful
Cons: Too many snakes in the grass
This place is a joke to work for! During the summer you get tons of hours, they ask you to work overtime at the end of your shift at the end of the week. All good if you like to work right?! And so you work your tail off and never complain. Then October comes around and you get called in twice in the whole month. Meanwhile older guys are getting overtime. Then you don't hear from them again until – more... 2 days before Christmas. So they screwed you over at holiday time...but hey it"s Coke, not many people drink cold beverages in the winter. So then your manager calls you at 6:20am on January 2nd because it's -40 outside. Or they call you the next week because there's 40cm of snow that dropped. How does that make sense? Schools are closed guys, we have lives too. Pepsi was right...Coke is a 1 trick pony. A 1 trick pony that should be put out to pasture. The whole time I worked there they had Frito Lays products in their vending machine in the lunch room. In 6 months of steady work there, I saw them not renew the HR's contract, fire one manager because he wasn't mean enough, and get rid of a handful of other employees who were either on their phones or were stealing (so yes they all deserved termination). – less
DONT WORK HERE
Sales (Former Employee), AlbertaApril 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits and Bonus
Cons: Management, Driving
Did not really enjoy my time with this company. Worked really hard for them and never really got recognized. Turned my sales area around and made my target volume every quarter but nothing was ever good enough.

Management is VERY unprofessional as they slander customers. Management considered in market "execution" as giving away hockey tickets or gift cards in exchange for extra product or floor – more... space. In other words they would ask the lower workers to bribe customers. Management would often make promise and either forget about them or not follow through. This made a huge problem as my customers took it out on me.

For the amount of driving done for this job the compensation is not worth it. The wear and tear you put on your vehicle is ridiculous and only compensated with an extra couple hundred bucks every month. Also damage to inside of car from management making us take out 4-8 "case stackers" in cardboard boxes which in turn would smell up your car and make the inside dusty. It came to the point where stores would already have one and when I was asked to take 5 case stackers I would just toss them.

Bonuses are usually attainable and benefits were really good. Other then that there wasn't much upside to working. It sounds a lot more glamourous then it actually is.

I'd recommend higher management do a month as an account rep and see if they can meet some of the ridiculous goals they expected from us. – less
so many eels
Retail Space Specialist (Merchandising) (Former Employee), torontoApril 6, 2015
Fun, funny, fun, silly, goofy, fun, joy, willing to have fun. I liove rocking there. Fish are cool too, but cats are better.
safe workplace environment
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), edmontonMarch 30, 2015
safe work environment, good management, helpful co workers, learned how to be a team worker. hardest part is sometime have to work 13 14 hours a shift alone in the night and look after all the problems. fun to do this job as we making beverages.
nice place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), edmontonMarch 30, 2015
hardest part was that there was lot of heavy stuff to move.

good co-workers.
nice pay as compared to job.
nice job benefits.
Old merchandiser are given superior treatment
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Winnipeg, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Free coke once in a Million years
Cons: OT not paid, not treated fairly, old merchandiser treated better, kms cut
Cons: Not Paid OT, treated badly, sales/account managers make you do extra work
Ive been working as a merchandiser for so long yet i still feel like other merchandiser are treated better than me even though ive been working so hard.

Old merchandiser gets most of the hours but they make you do most of the work. If anyone calls in sick, the merchandisers call me to cover their calls. I mean this – more... is no fair on my side. I cant stick to my schedule because i dont know when someone will call in sick and i will have to work OT that day. Beside i dont get paid for it. I usually work for 8-9 hours in a day but only get paid for 4 or 5 hours.

Its not worth the effort, i feel there is alot of discrimintation going on there. If you have been working there for 8-9 years they will treat you superior than others.

I just heard from someone today, who left the job a while ago. Now they want him to come back and he accepted the offer. They offered him a new phone as soon as he arrived but ive been working for almost an year but i still havent got a company phone.

I feel my hard efforts are going waste. – less
Great Team and Loved it!
Quality Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great team!!
Cons: Positions went elsewhere outside of Canada
Working closely with Logistics for Canada and the U.S - communication with National clients on service calls. Loved working with my team and my managers. I miss them dearly as the positions were moved to the States. Everyone was there to help each other if any teams needed help and we all got along great! Best company I've worked for in a long time! Positive work flow environment - worked closely with different areas of Canada on scheduling service calls for National clients.
working here is just a waste of time
Merchandiser (Former Employee), WinnipegMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Cheap incentives, takes 5 years to be full time employee
Cons: Using your own car no maintenance discount
I've been working since August 2012 as Part-time merchandiser. I was recently offered a driver position in distribution department. It's amazing, because I didn't even apply for it but was contacted because my former boss recommended me. I did accept the offer and start my training and settle all paper works, but merchandising team needs a work force that time. I have no choice but to stay for the – more... team and wait for a new member for my replacement. The business slow down and the driver position was closed. I am very worried about my situation as the new people joined our team and getting more hours than me. I got two day shift a week and makes a huge impact on my financial obligation. I can’t help myself to feel that I’m not getting equal treatment as they cut my hours for just reason, and I am so disappointed as I constantly working hard and efficiently doing all task and project given to me. I am faced with a dilemma, I am supporting my wife’s family back home as I do not want to have more debt but if I leave this company now would never find one right away. I am so stressed thinking and searching for source of income. I was hoping for help from our union but they do nothing. – less
Don't work here
accounts manager (Former Employee), SummersideMarch 20, 2015
Cons: too many to mention
Could care less about their employees. All they care about is the bottom line. Stores do not get the proper merchandising cause hours are cut way back. Impossible people to deal with. No loyalty to their employees whatsoever. You have to be real desperate to acce4pt a position here as they will give you no respect, expect you to do 40 hours work in 10 hours and absolutely refuse to give anyone vacation time, even though it is against the law to do so. Worst company ever.