Coca-Cola Refreshments
2,614 reviews

Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work environment but stressful.
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: Developed the skill set.
Cons: Stressful work environment.
Started to work early hours and dealt with employees. Assigned them to their duties and resolved their issues. Followed up with them throughout the day and ensured the success of the deliveries.
Snakes In The Grass
Forklift Driver (Current Employee), WestonApril 8, 2015
Pros: Most fellow employees are helpful
Cons: Too many snakes in the grass
This place is a joke to work for! During the summer you get tons of hours, they ask you to work overtime at the end of your shift at the end of the week. All good if you like to work right?! And so you work your tail off and never complain. Then October comes around and you get called in twice in the whole month. Meanwhile older guys are getting overtime. Then you don't hear from them again until 2 days before Christmas. So they screwed you over at holiday time...but hey it"s Coke, not many people drink cold beverages in the winter. So then your manager calls you at 6:20am on January 2nd because it's -40 outside. Or they call you the next week because there's 40cm of snow that dropped. How does that make sense? Schools are closed guys, we have lives too. Pepsi was right...Coke is a 1 trick pony. A 1 trick pony that should be put out to pasture. The whole time I worked there they had Frito Lays products in their vending machine in the lunch room. In 6 months of steady work there, I saw them not renew the HR's contract, fire one manager because he wasn't mean enough, and get rid of a handful of other employees who were either on their phones or were stealing (so yes they all deserved termination).
DONT WORK HERE
Sales (Former Employee), AlbertaApril 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits and Bonus
Cons: Management, Driving
Did not really enjoy my time with this company. Worked really hard for them and never really got recognized. Turned my sales area around and made my target volume every quarter but nothing was ever good enough.

Management is VERY unprofessional as they slander customers. Management considered in market "execution" as giving away hockey tickets or gift cards in exchange for extra product or floor space. In other words they would ask the lower workers to bribe customers. Management would often make promise and either forget about them or not follow through. This made a huge problem as my customers took it out on me.

For the amount of driving done for this job the compensation is not worth it. The wear and tear you put on your vehicle is ridiculous and only compensated with an extra couple hundred bucks every month. Also damage to inside of car from management making us take out 4-8 "case stackers" in cardboard boxes which in turn would smell up your car and make the inside dusty. It came to the point where stores would already have one and when I was asked to take 5 case stackers I would just toss them.

Bonuses are usually attainable and benefits were really good. Other then that there wasn't much upside to working. It sounds a lot more glamourous then it actually is.

I'd recommend higher management do a month as an account rep and see if they can meet some of the ridiculous goals they expected from us.
so many eels
Retail Space Specialist (Merchandising) (Former Employee), torontoApril 6, 2015
Fun, funny, fun, silly, goofy, fun, joy, willing to have fun. I liove rocking there. Fish are cool too, but cats are better.
safe workplace environment
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), edmontonMarch 30, 2015
safe work environment, good management, helpful co workers, learned how to be a team worker. hardest part is sometime have to work 13 14 hours a shift alone in the night and look after all the problems. fun to do this job as we making beverages.
nice place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), edmontonMarch 30, 2015
hardest part was that there was lot of heavy stuff to move.

good co-workers.
nice pay as compared to job.
nice job benefits.
Old merchandiser are given superior treatment
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Winnipeg, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Free coke once in a Million years
Cons: OT not paid, not treated fairly, old merchandiser treated better, kms cut
Cons: Not Paid OT, treated badly, sales/account managers make you do extra work
Ive been working as a merchandiser for so long yet i still feel like other merchandiser are treated better than me even though ive been working so hard.

Old merchandiser gets most of the hours but they make you do most of the work. If anyone calls in sick, the merchandisers call me to cover their calls. I mean this is no fair on my side. I cant stick to my schedule because i dont know when someone will call in sick and i will have to work OT that day. Beside i dont get paid for it. I usually work for 8-9 hours in a day but only get paid for 4 or 5 hours.

Its not worth the effort, i feel there is alot of discrimintation going on there. If you have been working there for 8-9 years they will treat you superior than others.

I just heard from someone today, who left the job a while ago. Now they want him to come back and he accepted the offer. They offered him a new phone as soon as he arrived but ive been working for almost an year but i still havent got a company phone.

I feel my hard efforts are going waste.
Great Team and Loved it!
Quality Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great team!!
Cons: Positions went elsewhere outside of Canada
Working closely with Logistics for Canada and the U.S - communication with National clients on service calls. Loved working with my team and my managers. I miss them dearly as the positions were moved to the States. Everyone was there to help each other if any teams needed help and we all got along great! Best company I've worked for in a long time! Positive work flow environment - worked closely with different areas of Canada on scheduling service calls for National clients.
working here is just a waste of time
Merchandiser (Former Employee), WinnipegMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Cheap incentives, takes 5 years to be full time employee
Cons: Using your own car no maintenance discount
I've been working since August 2012 as Part-time merchandiser. I was recently offered a driver position in distribution department. It's amazing, because I didn't even apply for it but was contacted because my former boss recommended me. I did accept the offer and start my training and settle all paper works, but merchandising team needs a work force that time. I have no choice but to stay for the team and wait for a new member for my replacement. The business slow down and the driver position was closed. I am very worried about my situation as the new people joined our team and getting more hours than me. I got two day shift a week and makes a huge impact on my financial obligation. I can’t help myself to feel that I’m not getting equal treatment as they cut my hours for just reason, and I am so disappointed as I constantly working hard and efficiently doing all task and project given to me. I am faced with a dilemma, I am supporting my wife’s family back home as I do not want to have more debt but if I leave this company now would never find one right away. I am so stressed thinking and searching for source of income. I was hoping for help from our union but they do nothing.
Don't work here
accounts manager (Former Employee), SummersideMarch 20, 2015
Cons: too many to mention
Could care less about their employees. All they care about is the bottom line. Stores do not get the proper merchandising cause hours are cut way back. Impossible people to deal with. No loyalty to their employees whatsoever. You have to be real desperate to acce4pt a position here as they will give you no respect, expect you to do 40 hours work in 10 hours and absolutely refuse to give anyone vacation time, even though it is against the law to do so. Worst company ever.
Fast-paced quick learning company
Market Development Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good balance of salary vs. bonus
Cons: not a lot of performance perks, fairly cheap company
Working for a brand as large as Coca-Cola is prestigious so they only accept the highest quality of employees. To succeed you must be a fast learner and a hard worker. Market Development Manager can be overwhelming at times because you are held to a high standard and the work can be very reactionary depending on your customers.
Referee, Proud blind arrogant supers
Truck Driver (Former Employee), BramptonMarch 6, 2015
Pros: driving
Cons: Self involved supervisors
The day starts with critcism and control.
The supers are angry and out of control.
Then i go to the truck and make the deliveries.
A great company to learn with, but many problems.
Order builder/ labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2015
The warehouse was rarely clean, dust and mold would contaminate the products. People would work while sick with the flue or other illnesses and they wouldn't take the necessary precautions to prevent the illness from spreading. Individuals were forced to work over the standard 5 days a week. Supervisors would harass and distract workers. There was little to no communication between management and staff. Progressing with this company was nearly impossible.
Its a name Brand, nice place to work
Production Supervisor / Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Always improving and making positive changes. Slowly and steadily we are on our way to achieve the goals. jkhowieyawioeunwliuzsqwieuxieu3irwr yweuirnferuifyerfu wernxwelrixywemxryew rretyernctrtertgmcvtuiv srntuumnce
Amazing and friendly workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: casual off-friday on specific days. fun spirit day.
Cons: only the salary..
Every day starts with greeting to everyone as we walk to our desk. Everyone knows everyone. Small chat to kick start the another day. Each day there is a new exposure to new and old customers we met on the phone yesterday. We can see and feel the smile of the customers during the conversation over the phone. Our supervisors and managers are always smiling and chatting with us, asking how we are doing today. The hardest part of the job cannot be determined as there're not really. Our colleagues, supervisors, managers, everyone in the office makes it so nice to be with everyone. Enjoying each and every moment of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being here to take care of every customers and help them in their orders and queries. Each and every day is different from the previous one.
pathetic company to work for!
driver (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: drivers will help you learn the job
Cons: long hours and poor management
management doesn't treat employees well.. if something goes wrong they don't communicate--they just ignore you. A typical day is driving a delivery truck and delivering pop to stores. I learned that coke has a big image but poor relations with people. People are just a number. The only good part of the job was meeting customers but the customers didn't like the way coke treated them either..Stay away from this totally poorly run company.. Most of their equipment is from 1998.. One might have thought that coke might be more current than that.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
BUILDER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
I enjoyed everyone I worked with, I enjoyed the physical demand that came with the job. Also, got trained to drive a power jack was excellent will help me in future jobs
Fast Paced Culture
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 31, 2014
Pros: recognizable brand, worldwide exposure.
Cons: a lot of last minute decision making, communication is a challenge from the top down.
You learn quickly how to adapt to multiple customers and personalities. If you cannot multi-task effectively, you will chase your tail.
not a fun place to be.
Driver (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCOctober 12, 2014
Pros: delivering product.
Cons: some co-workers
I felt Iwas alone there and didn.t have any support from my manager, supertvisor. I was being harassed by co-worker .Hardest part of the job was dealing with co-worker. The most enjoyable part of job was interacting with the customers.
Good company to work for.
Integrated Service Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, OnOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: repetitive work
The company provides good benefits and a good work environment. Some jobs are repetitive and require a good sales person.

1 2 3

About Coca-Cola Refreshments

Coca-Cola Refreshments is made up of the people who actually make, market and distribute happiness, in the form of great Coca-Cola – Read more

Coca-Cola Refreshments Photos