Coca-Cola Enterprises

Coca-Cola Enterprises Employee Reviews

Fun job, bad management
Driver/merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, Ontario Canada4 February 2014
Good hours, days, weekends off plus all holidays. Pay is pretty good, $23/hr to start but manager is really really bad. Very rude and condescending person who only cares about himself and has a split personality. Not acountable or approachable unless higher ups are visiting then he's sooo nice to everyone. It's too bad this person ruins it for everyone else because it is a fun place to work. There are 2 managers now and the new one is more professional but his hands are tied because the old manager is a nut case and is playing games behind his back.
Pros
Good wages, day shift, weekends off, holidays off.
Cons
Very rude and crazy weird manager
Great experience
Senior Allocations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ENG23 January 2014
I enjoyed working here, although the role was quite monotonus, the people were genuine, friendly, supportive and it worked well at the time.
so good it hurts
Mobile Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2014
My time with Coca Cola was positive overall.

The management was always very supportive and available. The job was a lot more physical than I expected, so I lost a lot of weight, and gained a good deal of muscle toning, but it took its toll.

The pay scale was slightly less than competitive, but if you're a good salesman, and people person, you will rise quickly in the company.
Pros
Knowledge of product sales
Cons
Extremely physical
Fast paced environment
Manufacturing/Production Operations (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 January 2014
Operating a machine required me to be very attentive to detail, as something can happen at any moment that could cause the entire line to backup! However, once everything is in motion the job was relatively easy. The hardest part of the job was finding supervisors when a problem occurred, as there aren't to many in the plant I work in, production.
Pros
Free access to beverages
Cons
Extremely long hours, up to 12 a day (if working overtime)
Great Opprotunities for Advancement
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC31 October 2013
With the right attitude and drive, advancement in the company is achievable. Personally, I have learned a great deal from my time with Coca-Cola, both as a manager and labourer.
A great place to start your career with excellent perks
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2013
Everyday is a different challenge that will keep you busy and motivated to work. You learn many different types of skills that can be used in your everyday life and future career. For example, time management, inventory management, quotas and sales targets etc. Management changed recently and it was nice to see how fast the company can adapt to the new styles. The hardest part of the job was the change however and the new "micro-management" style that they implemented as a result. The most enjoyable however was the freedom to work your day as you please. There is no boss hanging over your shoulder all day. If you deliver results, they will reward you.
Pros
Freedom, benefits, rewards, team activities
Cons
Micro-management, car policy
brand name
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2013
Coca-Cola Enterprises is one of the biggest franchisees in Coke system. It engages in bottling production and delivery to end customers.

Coca-Cola Enterprises is a very stable place to work and it provides high level of job security. The overall environment is friendly, and people work here love the brand name they represent.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cagayan de Oro, Phil.4 September 2013
A typical day at work it busy. Have to concentrate on the job.
I have learned a lot when I worked in this company...sad to say that I was only a casual .It has good benefits to the employees. I enjoyed working with my co workers too. The hardest part of my job was the checking of the bottles that is really sanitized due to the fast pace of the job it is always time pressured. Since I am a coke lover I enjoy much coz we can drink free during our break times
Pros
free of soft drinks
Cons
standing for a long hours
Horrible place to work
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 July 2013
If cou can stay away from this place, awful people, terrible managers, useless labour union
Pros
Free pop
Cons
Long hours, no benefits, most people are part timers
Swimming, cricket, Football, Chess, and etc
Managing Director  (Former Employee) –  Canada Harbour, NL20 June 2013
Week days only
I'am a cima student
cima also management study
nil
nil
all of that.
Pros
Your decision
Cons
Limited hours
productive and fun environment to work in, but not enough hours
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 June 2013
i usually ride around on a rider pallet jack mover, pick cases, place them on a pallet, once that's finished i place the pallet in a machine that covers the pallet in plastic shrink wrap. co-workers are nice. management was okay.
Fun place to work at .
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 June 2013
-clean mop buckets
-pick orders through blue tooth device
-stock shelves
needs to be progresive,appreciative of every employee not only a few only the special ones.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2013
Many people think that it is the greatest company to work for not so much,on too many levels. they were not respectful of any ideas put forward . used far many p/t employees to avoid paying any benefits.. lied when promised hours and very disrespectful of any of the women that worked there.
Pros
none worth mentioning
Cons
hiring temporary employees, no benefits of any kind, arrogant long time employees and management.
Great pay, hard work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 May 2013
A typical day at work requires me to build 20 pallets of different Coca-Cola products to be distributed to different stores. I learned how to be efficient with my time and to lift properly. The management is nice and friendly, but can sometimes be seen as they do not know what they are doing. My co-workers are all very friendly and make it easier to go through an 8 hour shift. The hardest part about my job is the physical labour aspect. Lifting heavy cases of drinks every day can be hard on my back. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to use the forklift.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Evening shift
Friendly organizational culture
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 March 2013
A typical day at work

I update Purchase Order log (PO log) when po's issued to vendors in three different geographical areas by looking at the scanned image of the po log sheet. Then I receive the original po's with the po log sheets. I print Invoices in SPA submitted by vendors. Then I matched invoices and po's. I check the amount, date, po' number in the invoice and description before I pay. Then i processed payment in SPA, I corded them showing which budget should these payment deducted. Enter invoice values to the Maximo system ( Maximo is an asset management software) by calculating different tax rates which relate to different areas.

I have learned work in SAP which is new to me. In my past accounting experience I was working in ACCPAC. Now i have SAP and experience in Maximo. I learned Canadian taxes that apply when invoicing.

I was worked as a co-op student at Coca-cola and management appreciated my performance. After my co-op management offer me join their fleet team.
Exciting and challenging
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 February 2013
good place to work, management is very respectful, people are great
the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with people everyday
Pros
flexible hrs
Cons
some long days
Productive workplace that provided exposure to various parts of the organization
Inventory Control Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2013
A typical day during my time at Coca Cola Enterprises involved getting updates from my colleagues completing their shift about the status of various products, expected delivery times, staff on duty amongst others. I then had to go down on the distribution floor to update the inventory boards, keep the shift supervisor updated on all the work orders for the day, and get updated on the crew size present and any changes on the floor for the particular shift. My daily tasks revolved primarily around keeping track of production movement from the production centers, to my distribution location, and down to the various customers.

This position allowed me to develop my project and staff management skills, as I was regularly in charge of coordinating staff in the distribution area. I was also able to build excellent working relationships with my colleagues as effective communication was necessary for a perfect flow of information from one shift to the next.

The most enjoyable part of this role was interacting with production staff and supervisor and sometimes being a part of the conflict resolution process. I also got the opportunity to learn about and use the SAP work management system in planning, scheduling and monitoring product flow. The hardest part at first was adjusting to the afternoon working hours, although I was easily able to get used to it.
Pros
working environment, staff, management, learning curve.
Cons
working hours (time of the day)
Excellent customer service and merchandising skills
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 January 2013
Improved customer interaction skills as daily merchandising requires talking to customers, answering questions and meeting their needs with regard to Coca Cola products. Time management was an important tool as merchandising activities needed to be performed at multiple locations on a daily basis. I used a creative mind to launch displays attracting customers while working alongside fellow merchandisers.
Coca Cola
Driver Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 November 2012
Drove a tractor trailer truck and delivered the product to desired locations. used hand held receipt devices, kept log book
Pros
good salary
fast paced and hard to work for
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 November 2012
they don't give the right people the encouragement needed and when you are doing a great job you don't hear anything about it, its not an American ran company and they don't like Canada at all, co-workers are great but upper management not so great. i worked 10 years here and worked my way up from sales to manager and then out of no where they drop the position in Chatham and package me out. my #s and work ethics were great and that didn't matter to them, its too bad company's are like this still today, its a shame
Pros
n/a
Cons
long work, and payed salary