COBS Fresh Bread Employee Reviews

Great Bread
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2017
Working at COBS had some perks like the free daily bread allowance, but senior management and training process really needs work. Hard to fully train people when not enough staff can be on shift especially when people are sick.
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Training, lack of sufficient staff
amazing work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2017
good working environment good experience training offered friendly work learn a lot on customer service friendly owners sense of belonging included good place
Pros
free stuffs to take
Cons
closing shifts long
Friendly environment, disorganized owners
Sales (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 October 2017
The atmosphere was wonderful, they really have a knack for hiring good, hard working young people. However, the owners themselves did not pay over time hours, such as Christmas pay for working on the holidays. They tried to undercut their own employees by not paying them for well over a month when they would begin their jobs initially. And they would not give a raise at promotions unless they were constantly "reminded". They donated bread to charity, which was nice, and lots of it didn't end up getting wasted.
Pros
Free bread
Cons
TERRIBLE owners
Fun place to work, not much opportunity to move forward.
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alberta13 September 2017
Cobs is a fun place to work, and the smaller company aspect gives it a good feel. Ran and employed with great people, I enjoyed going to work and the relationships built, as well as with the customer base. Cons to Cobs Bread was lower pay with not a lot of opportunity to move forward. Hours were not terrible on the Sales side. People can easily be overworked as it is a smaller franchise and costs can quickly be cut, etc.
Pros
Free delicious product everyday.
Cons
Staff overworked with low pay.
Wonderful environment
Summer Event- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 August 2017
The people were friendly clear and helpful. I learned how to merchandise and understand what draws clientele I did not find any part of this position challenging only enjoyable
Pros
all
Fresh everyday at cobs
Baker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2017
Getting up at 1, 2, 3, 4 in the morning sometimes was hard and you had to push through the day. Learing the ovens at a bakery like that was a learning curve for me. I 've had practice before at other jobs so it wasn't that hard to grasp things. I learned how to make breads and other goodies to cobs standards.

It is a good environment to work at, getting along with all staff is fun. A very good place to work and have a blast at work.
Good place to work.
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Cobs was a good place to work and afforded me a lot of opportunity for growth. Decent pay and benefits plan. Lots of locations within the city. Good product, good people.
Slow boring days but great people
Bakery Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 July 2017
For me, a typical day of work consisted of yawns and counting the hours slowly tick by. At my specific location, we didn't have a lot of business. HOWEVER the people were great, and the job way fairly easy, consisting of a simple cash system and easy scullery duties.
Good Management
Baker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 July 2017
Excellent manager and staff in knowledge and experience. Fun and busy, job is easy to learn and information books are very easy to follow. Very positive kind of work area,
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Extremely early shifts
Not the worst place I've worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC5 July 2017
It wasn't a terrible job however there was barely any communication from the managers. I didn't like that they didn't schedule me for a period of time because they didn't think I was available, and did not bother to even contact me to ask even though I was in every week to check the schedule for about a month.
If you are desperate
Sales Associate/ Night Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 June 2017
While this place has the ability to be a good workplace and teach you a lot, they fall flat because of management and ownership, worked there a year and had nothing but inconsistencies
Great people, great bread
Baker (Current Employee) –  Annex Toronto5 June 2017
Great place to work for. All the staff are fun and energetic with a (business) family feel. the hours I worked are a little hard being overnights but easy enough to adjust to.
Pros
$10 of free bread a day
Cons
Over night work
Extremely hard manager to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC22 May 2017
At the Westshore Center in Langford the manager is extremely hard to work with. Extreme control freak and micromanages everything. High turn over of employees because people can't take it. Also advertised the job as $15/hr but then only offered 12.50$. However this is just this one location. Also will often schedule people for 12-14 hour long shifts and if you start at 6:30am will only let you take your break at 2pm.
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Terrible manager
Kind staff and big focus on family atmosphere
Baker (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 April 2017
I've learned a lot and feel I am more useful in my field than before I worked for Cobs Bread. I've made life changing friendships and appreciate the high focus the company has on family values.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 April 2017
Good starting salary, very clean and food safe. Free food for all employees. management listend to complaints and tried to make things better. Everyone is involved in all processes.
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours
Fun, busy, positive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 April 2017
The customers were friendly. The staff were helpful. The work is easy to pick up. Its a physical job that keeps you on your feet but you build a stamina for it. It was enjoyable being able to interact with the customers and introduce them to new types of bread.
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Schedualing time off for school
Was a fun but unorganized place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB19 April 2017
Cobs Bread had a good teamwork environment with many nice people. It was fun but hard work. I often was the only one doing the work though and when told I was getting a raise 3 times, I never did get one.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Hard work
First job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
I had a great first job experience here. Made lots of friends and met lots of people in the community as their customers are usually regulars. Fun atmosphere.
Pros
Free bread and goodies
Cons
lots of standing
Disappointing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 March 2017
Full time employees are looked over and disregarded, part time employees are favored. The pay is below adequate for the expectations of the employers, if pay has been correctly calculated, which is rare. If your looking for a full time job, I do not recommend COBS Bread. However, if your looking for part-time, this is the place for you. You will be treated as a king.
Pros
$10 Free Product
Cons
Inadequate pay
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
Duties:
Baking, customer service, entering orders, inventory, scheduling, hiring, and training staff, payroll, weekly data entry, preparing bank deposits.
Overseas company very good pay with health benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COBS Fresh Bread. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9