COBS Fresh Bread Employee Reviews

If you are desperate
Sales Associate/ Night Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 June 2017
While this place has the ability to be a good workplace and teach you a lot, they fall flat because of management and ownership, worked there a year and had nothing but inconsistencies
Great people, great bread
Baker (Current Employee) –  Annex Toronto5 June 2017
Great place to work for. All the staff are fun and energetic with a (business) family feel. the hours I worked are a little hard being overnights but easy enough to adjust to.
Pros
$10 of free bread a day
Cons
Over night work
Extremely hard manager to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC22 May 2017
At the Westshore Center in Langford the manager is extremely hard to work with. Extreme control freak and micromanages everything. High turn over of employees because people can't take it. Also advertised the job as $15/hr but then only offered 12.50$. However this is just this one location. Also will often schedule people for 12-14 hour long shifts and if you start at 6:30am will only let you take your break at 2pm.
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Terrible manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 April 2017
Good starting salary, very clean and food safe. Free food for all employees. management listend to complaints and tried to make things better. Everyone is involved in all processes.
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours
Fun, busy, positive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 April 2017
The customers were friendly. The staff were helpful. The work is easy to pick up. Its a physical job that keeps you on your feet but you build a stamina for it. It was enjoyable being able to interact with the customers and introduce them to new types of bread.
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Schedualing time off for school
Was a fun but unorganized place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB19 April 2017
Cobs Bread had a good teamwork environment with many nice people. It was fun but hard work. I often was the only one doing the work though and when told I was getting a raise 3 times, I never did get one.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Hard work
First job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
I had a great first job experience here. Made lots of friends and met lots of people in the community as their customers are usually regulars. Fun atmosphere.
Pros
Free bread and goodies
Cons
lots of standing
Disappointing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 March 2017
Full time employees are looked over and disregarded, part time employees are favored. The pay is below adequate for the expectations of the employers, if pay has been correctly calculated, which is rare. If your looking for a full time job, I do not recommend COBS Bread. However, if your looking for part-time, this is the place for you. You will be treated as a king.
Pros
$10 Free Product
Cons
Inadequate pay
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
Duties:
Baking, customer service, entering orders, inventory, scheduling, hiring, and training staff, payroll, weekly data entry, preparing bank deposits.
Overseas company very good pay with health benefits.
fun, productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 March 2017
Was a great first job and good experience! Good, productive environment with a strong comprehensive management HR program that left you prepared for work.
Very fun place
Baker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 February 2017
I was a baker at cobs bread. It was very enjoyable aside from waking up at 3am but seeing the sun rise each morning I worked made up for that. I was sometimes put on till shifts and in my opinion those were the most fun. I loved seeing all the friendly faces and friendly people that came through the door. It was the funnest job I've ever had.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and customers
Cons
3am shifts for bakers
Rewarding and challanging
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  2401 Millstream rd19 February 2017
Work day from 9-11 hours each day
Managing 18 employees
Payroll, financial reporting, marketing, banking, scheduling, human resources, minor repairs, customer and other businesses relations.
Culture - local business with fresh product made by local people, real people - real delight
Hardest - very early hours
Enjoyable - satisfied customers and working with employees
Pros
bread and bread products, status of business owner
Cons
very early hours
short term contract
IT Help Desk Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2017
I worked a short term contract. Pay was good and staff were extremely nice to work the night shift with. I took on extra work to assist the HR department. They were extremely grateful!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I wasn't there long enough to say
Dead End
Baker (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 January 2017
There is little room for growth. They demand alot for low wages and sparse raises. Little opportunity to learn. The bakery is deskilled and the product range is limited.
Clean and productive workplace with a welcoming staff and open communication
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC22 January 2017
Cobs Bread was my first job, and I have worked there for over 3 years. During this time, I have learned effective communication and service skills, as well as conflict resolution and time management skills.
Our focus is always making the customer feel welcomed and acknowledged, while making the product layout look organized and appealing to the eye.
The manager always enforces policies and managed conflict effectively, and is always understanding of all staff members' needs and feelings.
I have never felt harassed, unsafe, or felt in violation of my personal ethics while at work.
Pros
Amazing staff, safe and clean workplace, $10 worth of free product for each shift one works
Cons
Very small space means sometimes bumping into one another
Team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC20 January 2017
The team members got along very well, it was a enjoyable place to work. There were some issues with scheduling, some issues with management and miscommunication affected the job.
Pros
Enjoyable team
Cons
Not a lot of work hours
Nice and Tasty
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 January 2017
This sales job is ideal for students who need work experience, as well as individuals looking to build rapport with individuals in their neighbourhoods.
Fun place to work but poor management
Sales Team (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 January 2017
It's a go-go-go environment(at least for me) - teamwork is very crucial coz if one team member slacks, another one should pick up and the chain reaction goes till the last person on shift. Lots of stuff to learn and must always on your toes - different problems occur daily and encounter different customers so we must be very diligent and be tactful on resolving issues as they arise. Management was very poor-never see the good qualities of honest, trustworthy, loyal, reliable, dependable & responsible staff and notices more from staff who bluffs, gossips, takes credit for other peoples' work, lazy but shows off when owner/manager was around. Asks staff to do way too much work hence staff are very exhausted especially those who tries to get things done everytime due to other staff slacking. Gossiping became like a contagious disease at one point to the extent of damaging another staff deliberately and management didn't do anything to resolve it. Very disappointing. Hardest part of the job is trying to maintain the pace at work to get all stuff done which always require covering up for someone elses' slack otherwise, there's really nothing hard about the job. I enjoyed working here even there's a lot of stuff to deal with like uncooperative manager who is not at all concerned on giving 100 % customer satisfaction, rude staff members, chronic absentees, complainers, etc.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and talking with daily customers and being able to deal with difficult customers and knowing you were able to resolve the issue and gave them satisfaction.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Constant changes on duties/responsibilities, adding work not on description and not compensated for it, unpredictable changes on scheduling being imposed on selected staff, company policies not being followed at times
They only care about profits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta10 January 2017
They bring you in with the promise of a great place to work with great opportunities. And it all starts out great. But eventually your efforts go largely unnoticed. And unless your store is making money they pretty much ignore you. If your in a franchised store you are dealing with whatever policies that owner has decided works best for them. If you are in a corporate location you are pushed to the very brink of exhaustion as that store needs to be seen as profitable so it may be sold to the highest bidder. There is little to no support from upper management.
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
High stress for low compensation
would not wish this upon anyone
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2016
job security is a fathom and there is no possibility of advancement or raise. They like to hire multiple people then fire as many as possible before the 3 month mark so that they don't have to pay benefits or worry about any commitments to the workers. The staff are great but struggle to get by. This is not a fate I would wish upon anyone.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, hours, pay, job security, etc.