COBS Bread Employee Reviews

Like a big family
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 13, 2016
We call each other the Cobs Family, because we are like a big family. Everyone who worked at Cobs truly enjoyed their time there and like their co-workers.
The Hours you work you can't really complain about since you are baking and most baking job hours are graveyard shift hours.
Job it self is physical but not overly demanding unless you are doing the oven. Oven isn't very difficult either, but because you are in front of a huge oven the whole time you tend to sweat more. You know what they say though, "If you can't take the heat; get out of the kitchen".
Worst retail job I've had in 30 yrs
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  KelownaAugust 31, 2016
Horrible mngt, minimal training, different rules every day. Huge staff turnover, really cranky co workers, for lousy wages!! Only given 1 shirt & 1 apron for 30 hrs weekly:/ would never recommend this place to anyone!!
Productive yet hard to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langford, BCMarch 1, 2016
This is a fast pace job where you are go, go, go. That is not an issue for me due to enjoying a constant pace where it is not boring, Unfortunately, co-workers tends to brag about higher pay and management does not like anything the employees do, even if right. The upside to working here was being able to get free food and see the charities at the end of each night. Also the interaction with customers is always amazing due to them being very friendly and enjoying the conversations that take place when can.
Not working there again
Cashier, Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 14, 2016
Great working there till they don't need you. Management style is very unprofessional and don't plan on working there again. That said my co-workers were the nicest people I had met.
Pros
Free baked goods
Cons
Terrible Manager
free bread
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  bcAugust 7, 2016
management is awful no career advancement even if you exert more effort, management did not notice it, not getting enough hours. I love the customers here they are friendly
Pros
free bread
Cons
salary and management
Very good place to work
Lead Baker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
Fast paced work environment. Needed to be on time and able to work fast and efficiently. Always had issued with keeping bakers due to undesirable hours. Enjoy seeing the hard work pay off with good quality bread products produced.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONMay 27, 2016
Worked only for a short while, but had great fun. Lots of employee opportunities to participate in company related activities and promotional events.
What I learned
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 16, 2015
Working at COBS Bread has all together been a great learning experience for me. One of the many important qualities I learned at COBS Bread is to always be the customer's friend, being their friend can take the customer and sales representative relationship a long way. I have learned many other great qualities but i would definitely say customer relations is the most important of them all.
Cobs bread was a very fun and energetic place to work at.
Production manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 27, 2015
At Cobs bread I learned how to make different types of bread. I also learned how to multitask since I had to mix dough, inventory, ordering, and serve customers. I really enjoyed working with my coworkers they were all young adults and we still keep in touch with each other. Even though I had to work at 2 am I still enjoyed working there. My bakery won many awards at the baking competition.
Pros
the pros learning many things, the warm atmosphere
Cons
sales went down because of the store location, many of us were laid off.
good
Bread Baker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 17, 2015
a typical day for me starts @1am , I do enjoy making bread all morning and having most of the day to enjoy like go to the beach . while others are still working . the hardest part is sleeping during the day while its hot . think I should be paid more for the length I have been working for this company .
Pros
$10 worth of product each day to be taken home
Cons
just barely over min wage
Good work place with friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCAugust 11, 2015
On a regular day, I'd be switching back and forth between baking and helping costumers.
This has given me the opportunity to develop my multitasking skills.
Pros
free product at the end of the shift
Cons
constantly understaffed
Excellent place to work
Baker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 6, 2015
Very friendly and fun place to work. I enjoy baking bread and danishes. I mostly operate the ovens and partially working on the bench preparing twists, Turkish, French and other type of bread.
Pros
Excellent place to start and gain experience
Cons
Early hours
Love the Job, Managment isn't great
Baker (Former Employee) –  StadiumOctober 30, 2014
I worked at Stadium Cobs. The managment recently changed and the new store manager is a real piece of work. Her sceduling never works and everyday she emails about a change to the scedule. The bakery is considely a mess and no one cares to clean it up. I love my job but I got so tired of being walked over by the manager.
Pros
$10 in product per day
Cons
don't except 2 days off in a row; more like 16 days straight.
Horrible place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONDecember 16, 2014
I was hired as a baker, the new manager promoted outside of the company,
You get pushed to the limits, never a break, heavy lifting and unreasonable demands,
I quit Cobs Maple, and now work in Toronto for more pay, better morning hours, and a happier environment
Pros
a loaf of free bread at the end of the day
Cons
you sell your soul to a hierarchy of management
Terrible shift start times for bakers.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 16, 2014
As a baker I would start my shift anywhere between the early hours of 1a.m to 3 a.m. Sometimes I would be falling asleep at the wheel while driving home because the shift hours take a told on your body.

I felt like I was being set-up to fail. The bakery had a huge order one day and I didn't receive any help from the Senior baker. The Manager was not helpful either.
Lots of heavy lifting involved if you work the ovens. You can get burns even if you are careful. My supervisor was OK. The sales staff made it bearable. They were a fun bunch to work with. No room for advancement.
Pros
free $10 of bakery products to take home every shift.
Cons
heavy lifting and very early a.m. shift start times
Great Company, but inconsistencies in policies
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  ABJune 11, 2013
Really good company to work for as far as product and culture, unfortunately, with a franchise situation, each bakery is different as to how it is run and opportunities for advancement. As a corporately trained individual, I found it frustrating and entirely unacceptable with no rules or proper training happening. I would work for the corporation again, but never for a franchisee.
Pros
excellent product, really good corporate structure, good first job i guess
Cons
no future, no consistent policies or procedures, no accountabililty to staff
Greatest Place to work:)
Cashier/ sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2013
I work for cobs bread in Toronto it was one off my best Jobs I have ever had the staff where the nicest people I have ever had a pleasure in meeting and knowing them my boss which was the owner was The best very nice women my shift was great for me but unfortunately I couldn't get enough hours to pay my living expenses
But great job for Students being a mother myself would be very happy if my child worked at cobs the pay is very good the customers where very friendly:) The best healthly bread I ever had:)
Pros
great pay, great hours, nice stuff, great boss, they give breaks which lets be honest hard to find that now a days
Cons
not enough continue hours needed for myself which sucks for me:(
Great Job
Sales Associate and Bakers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 9, 2012
I really like the job I have at Cobs Bread, it's very laid-back and an overall great place to work. It's a fairly simple job and works for my schedule really well. My co-workers are great and we always have a good time. The owner is really great also and same with the manager. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a store full of customers, it can get to be very busy at times. I really like the environment and the people I work with.
Pros
the staff
Cons
n/a
Overall fantasitic place to work. All the staff and managment at my location were such a fun family like staff dinamic
Store front team leader (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONSeptember 19, 2012
I increased my customer service abilities
the managers were the best i have ever come across!
Co workers were like one big family
the hardest part was leaving
The most enjoyable was how everyone the worked there and the customers. The product itself was amazing as well as the concept of the company.
Friendly and fast-pass enviroment
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 12, 2014
Never a dull moment, always exciting to come into work. The management was excellent and was easy to communicate with. Taught me a lot about sales than any other company I worked for. Always had something to do, and the best part was there was major charity contributions from the company. An overall great experience.
Pros
friendly enviroment

2.8