1. Manufacturing/plant support:
- Oversees and manage the current and new production quality inspection systems to support the manufacture of top quality products. Support the development of manufacturing instructions for in-process and. final product/process inspection. This also includes conducting internal quality system audits and reporting of the same.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all the necessary SQA systems
- Co-ordinate plant production trials of new and substitute raw materials.
- Manage and oversee that proper internal failure analysis is implemented to identifying root/assignable causes for poor quality, scrap, rework, and system failures; Give direction and train staff in this discipline to ensure success.
- Assist in product quality decision making regarding suspect/questionable quality product, fixtures, and tooling.
- Assist in the training of production personnel in quality system inspection when required.
- Oversee and ensure the proper tracking of all customer returns.
2. Quality Engineering:
- Assure that all new/changed products and fixtures are initially qualified and approved prior to production release. Oversee and maintain the system once. approved * * * Conduct statistical analysis of key product parameters and report the same to support failure analysis, scrap and rework.
- Oversee and manage all drawing and change * control of product/process. specifications and product installation instruction manuals.
- Develop & manage various product/process trials to support our continuous improvement objectives for all key measurable; materials, process and product parameters.
3. Product Warranty & Field Service:
- Responsible for reporting of all product warranty and field service tracking for Western Canada.
- Assist sales in customer visitations to inspect and determine external failures root cause.
- Co-ordinate corrective actions for all product field concerns with manufacturing in the plant.
4. Quality Systems Reporting:
- Quality Management reporting on all the following quality systems and functions, Quality Costs, Field Service/Warranty, Customer Returns, Quality of all key Daily Production Inspection Parameters, Quality Engineering Systems (trials), and SQA systems concerns.
- Facilitate monthly CI quality meetings with all key plant personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining product certification submissions - CSA, ULC.
Minimum 2 years of experience in QA, plastic experience will be an asset.
Indeed - 21 months ago
We are looking for a journeyman millwright to work in a manufacturing facility in Calgary
• CNC experience preferred.