Front Desk Agent
Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel & Marina, Victoria BC
Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values and leadership accountability; and as part of that culture we believe in the growth and development of our ambassadors. As a Front Desk Agent, you will provide superior customer service and administrative support to the Front Office at the Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel & Marina.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides customer service and handles administrative duties that are routine and straightforward, such as the check-in and check-out of guests, handling guest concerns, assisting with the arrivals and departures of groups and tours, and luggage storage
- Follows established procedures and policies when completing tasks
- Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail
- Prepares and sends courier packages and ensures accurate billing and records
- Acts as an Ambassador for Coast, including greeting guests and handling basic inquiries
- Reports discrepancies in room rates, payment information and credit arrangements to appropriate manager for follow up
- Verifies the accuracy of their daily inputs, including payment transactions, and submits their daily shift audit for review by the night audit
- Handles cash, cheques, credit and debit card transactions in
- Other duties as required
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 2 or more years previous hotel experience and/or customer service experience preferred (preference given to front line hotel experience)
- Hospitality Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience an asset
- Proficiency in keyboarding and computer applications required
- Proven organization, communication and multi-tasking skills required
- Accounting, cash handling, and shift balancing experience an asset
- Must be friendly and outgoing and extremely presentable and well groomed
- Must work well in a team environment and respond well to direction
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and multi-functional team environment required
- Some experience with conflict resolution an asset
- Understands/speaks a second language an asset
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages and benefits, employee discounts, training and development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Please submit your resume with cover letter, by December 20, 2013, noting where you first saw the position advertised, to the email address noted below.
Coast Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Join us and be part of an exciting place to work!
Our spectacular oceanfront location gives you one of the most captivating views in the area—letting you soak in the natural beauty and...