AM Food & Beverage Server
Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel & Marina, Victoria BC
Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values and leadership
accountability; and as part of that culture we believe in the growth and development of our ambassadors.
As a Food & Beverage Server, you will provide superior customer service and uphold quality standards for Coast Hotels Food & Beverage operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as an Ambassador for Coast including greeting guests, making them feel welcome, and handling basic inquiries
- Provides customer service through the completion of routine duties and tasks such as taking, relaying, and serving food and/or beverage orders, providing food and/or beverage product knowledge, managing reservations, handling cash, cheques, credit and debit card transactions in accordance with Hotel Policies
- Adheres to quality and industry standards when completing tasks
- Checks on guest satisfaction and follows up on requests where possible and appropriate
- Ensures the safety and security of the property, the Ambassadors and guests when completing tasks
- Stocks supplies and maintain inventory levels
- Demonstrates a customer service attitude with internal / external contracts
- Prepares and sets up table settings, beverage stations in meeting rooms for upcoming functions
- Protects guest privacy
- Demonstrates responsible safety practices and compiles with Health and Safety policies
- Other duties as required
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Secondary school diploma
- Foodsafe level 1 certificate, Serving it right certificate, and Hepatitis A vaccine required
- Previous lounge service experience preferred
- Must be able to work all shifts (days, evenings and/or weekends)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Must be friendly and outgoing and extremely presentable and well groomed
- Cash handling experience an asset
- High attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, multi-functional team environment
- Must work well in a team environment and respond well to direction
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Please submit your resume with cover letter, by November 6, 2013.
Coast Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Join us and be part of an exciting place to work!
Your company, your values, your career!