Coast Mountain Bus Company Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
One of the top employers in British Canada.
Confidential Secretary - Labor Relations (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 9, 2015
Pros: free bus pass, great co-workers, job security, stable
Coast Mountain Bus Company has great pay, benefits & work/life balance. Variety of co-workers from all backgrounds. Working with union leaders and labour relations was exciting and challenging.
just drive
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Lower Mainland, BCMarch 31, 2016
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: Management, split shifts, don't ask for a day off because the answer will be NO even if you give them lots of notuce
Don't expect a good balance between work and life. Management doesn't care about you or any problems you might have. Very long days with 5+ hours split shift. they tell you everything you want to hear in training then reality kicks in And your doing big split shifts for the next 10 years with no home life.
It is a skillful challenge to maintain unachievably tight bus schedules, observe all traffics laws safety in 40 - 60ft bus
TRANSIT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2016
Pros: Top rate of over $30 dollars per hour and great beneifits
Cons: Five hour split shifts, Gravyards and Fireworks night, Tight schedules, Limited or no washroom breaks
Fun, but stressful job

As a Professional Class 2, Transit Operator I have over 13,000 hours operating 40 - 60 ft. diesel, and electric passenger coaches while carrying up to 120 passengers through out the lower mainland.

I maintained order among the passengers during trips, thus ensuring safety and comfort for all. I diffused volatile situations and often interacted with psychiatric, geriatric, pediatric, violent and the emotionally and physically challenged. I gladly assisted passengers with their wheelchair, baggage and groceries when they were faced with mobility issues. I kept my bus interior clean and gave passengers directions and field enquiries, complaints and questions from the public.

An essential part of my job is to conduct pre-trip inspections to ensure that all life safety components and systems are in optimal working condition. I kept records and prepared detailed written reports on safety and security infractions, maintenance issues and incidents such as delays, accidents and other pertinent traffic and transportation situations, using mobile two-way radios and GPS computer.

I inspected and collected tickets and cash fares and transported passengers to their desired places over specified routes from urban and sub-urban points according to a very tight time schedule, in all types of weather, road and traffic conditions. I always ensured a strict adherence to road safety rules and complied with all traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe and comfortable manner.
Full time employment, training provided, good salary and benefits.
Transit Operator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: lifetime bus pass, good benefits and salary. full time employment
Cons: early start, did not have a good balance between job and life.
Was not able to have a good balance between work and life. Great co-workers and road supervisors.
the people are great
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Richmond, BC Burnaby BCAugust 22, 2013
Pros: wages benifits
Cons: management
Left company cause I was treated like a number that's it. I would not suggest to people to work here unless you like being just a number to management.
Productive and fun workplace!
Mechanical Engineer Co-op student (Former Employee), Burnaby, B.CJune 12, 2015
A typical day involves many interesting projects. Learned about diesel engine cooling system, analyzed hydraulic systems for longevity, company standards for maintenance and drawings standards.
Fun place to work
transit operator (Current Employee), North Vancouver B.C.April 7, 2012
Pros: extended health benefits, which cover all health requirements.
Nice company to work for and you can schadule your work to your life style.
interesting and sometimes fun to work for
shuttle bus driver. (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 5, 2012
Pros: some free food
Cons: not shown respect
up early early in morning do pretrip fule and away you go into wonderland i name it that beacause you do not know what you are in for when you start out you learn alot about people real quick on how the like hate relationship between you and them,management
is much the same way they like you or not just like the people on the bus if they like you your ok if no well your in for a hard time the only real thing that keeps you going through all the nasty stuff on a daily basis is your co-workers thank god for them. the hardest part of the job is putting on a fake smile and being polite to them .the best part of the job is when someone comes up to you puts their hand on your shoulder and says your doing a great job better than that other guy.
slow and steady
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), VancouverJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: time off
Cons: convincing manager to take time off
- expectations are very low
- management heavy
- can be fast paced at times
productive
Breakfast Cook and Lunch (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: free meal
Cons: long hours
Great place to work. Great people to work with and good pay. I've learned a lot from my co worker. They show the easiest way in cooking techniques.
Not bad if you create a life outside of work
Transit Operator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 29, 2013
Pros: free bus pass
Cons: bacteria
I can't say being a transit operator was a dream job for me. Evidently, as I quit, it wasn't. If you're the type who is okay with shutting most of their brain down for 7.5 hours (after the first two years - since it takes about that long to be REALLY comfortable driving a bus), then go for it! The pay is not bad at all, though overtime isn't what it used to be apparently.

The customers range from awesome to awful, just like in any field. Same with the co-workers, unfortunately. They're mostly a good bunch though. All a little crazy!
Excellent
Operator/Driver (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: stress
It was a great way to meet fellow drivers and share a common goal to provide the much needed transportation for the city of Vancouver .
great secure job.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 4, 2013
I really cannot complain about my time at CMBC, 17 plus years

of pensionable time. I am thankful for that, but due to

strong union involvement, you were limited to your job.

Co-Workers were enjoyable, training was limited.
Maintenance Manager
Maintenance Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 2, 2012
I worked up the ladder from a serviceperson to a manager in the maintenance dept.
Excellent
Transit Operator (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 6, 2013
Excellent employer. Very employee friendly. Very proactive in health and welfare of their employees