Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

Quiet environment, washing dishes all evening and into the morning hours
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2017
I worked here for a time operating a dishwashing machine. Even though I completed my tasks at all times and cause no one trouble, I lost the job without any reason being given.
Bad new management
HSKP (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2015
Too much work, no incentives, they dont care about your personal-family time, management is way to strict for some people, definitely not same treat to everyone.
Pros
Free lunch, Good benefits
Cons
No room for advancement, Management is careless, No balance with personal life.
Working in a culturally diverse environment from entry level to corporate executive positions.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 January 2015
Everyday was a day with different priorities and different challenges. Creating an exciting work environment in a culturally diverse staff. My personal belief is that management is about leadership, people do what people see. They are lead by great work ethic, encouraged by words of praise. Work environments can be challenging but I believe when lead by a team of leaders that are consistently doing the right things and not worried about being right their staff will follow. That isn't always easy to do but daily work habits consistently overtime with result in exponential growth and improvement.
All around fantasic staff, professional hotel to work for.
Mini-Bar Supervisor and Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2014
I really enjoyed working at the Coast Edmonton Plaza. All the staff in every department were friendly respected and supportive of each other. The benefits were fabulous, the ability to grow with the hotel for advancement was always encourage.
fast-paced job with abundant need for assistance in other departments
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2014
Daily maintenance scheduled arrivals and departures; requires excellent customer service; dealing with the general public; often difficult and intoxicated guests required to assist; maintenance of personal composure a must; requirement to switch hats and work in alternative portions of the hotel at a moment's notice.

I learned a great deal about using Excel efficiently.

Management was very stratified and attentive to protocol.

Coworkers worked in a team environment and were very close knit.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with the general public of busy downtown Edmonton who were often belligerent and had to be removed bodily from the premises.

The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping accurate data and spreadsheets.
Pros
need to be very organized
Cons
working with the general public
I allways come happy for work, knowing that my friens are there
Assistant Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2014
During my education and administration/ event planning related jobs I have gained strong skills in setting up and synchronizing administrative policies and events for officials, staff and boards of directors; in evaluating incoming and outgoing memos and submitting reports. In addition, I am a highly creative and detailed orientated individual. I thrive in a team-oriented environment but also work well independently. I excel in the areas of time planning and organization and offer exceptional service and professionalism to every client. My enclosed resume provides more details about my specific skills.
I enjoy working for this hotel, I am always happy to start my shift. Every day is something exited happening
Assistant Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2014
I am always 15 min yearly for my shift. I review all BEO and set-up for that specific day. Meet all my co-workers, delegate all my ambassadors. Meet the convener, discuss with him all changes and event summary. After I Have a Briefing with all my ambassadors in order to share with them the info and changes from the convener and to empower them for the rest of the day. I supervise the entire event, always keeping a close contact with the convener. In case of last moment changes I communicate to the kitchen and to my team, how to accommodate those changes. At the end of the function We have one more end of the function briefing in order to communicate the deficiency during the event or to THANK THE TEAM FOR A GOOD JOB!
I enjoy to see My clients happy and to see that they are coming back. They become as a family for us.We know their names and they are always happy to see us. As well I enjoy receiving THANK YOU letter from them. Those letter I read in front of my team in order to empower them to keep up the GOOD JOB!
Fun work place
Banquet Server (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Banquet9 July 2013
Interacts with other people, enjoyed working with co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
limited working time