Coast Capital Savings Credit Union

Coast Capital Savings Credit Union Employee Reviews

Encouraging
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 July 2017
I enjoyed my work life with Coast Capital Savings and even moreso - the culture and people I worked with! What was really cool were the constant workshops we went on which kept us ever learning and growing and made sure we never really got caught up in the "9 - 5" daily boring drone.
Coast Capital is all about "share of wallet" and ensuring we are "Help"ing our customers which is a great thing although it can be tough to always meet sales goals.
I found management in all 3 branches I worked at to be very caring and ready to listen. They also were extremely encouraging and helped me continue my growth.
Pros
Benefits and decent salary
Cons
Very Sales Focused
Ccs
Senior Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 May 2017
Great staff and management in Coast Capital Savings credit union. I enjoyed working there. They offer opportunities to all staff, and have competitive salaries.
Pros
Great staff
Very open environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 April 2017
*Workspace as well as the culture is very open.
*Learned so much from such a diverse group of people, which was also the most pleasant part of the job
Pros
Frequent team activities
Innovative and growth based company.
Investment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 March 2017
If you are looking for a company to grow with this would be it. They are innovative and forward-thinking. They are also quick to recognize talent and provide the coaching to move up to positions that allow you to thrive.
Ever changing company
Loans Officer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 March 2017
A change in CEO's provided a constant change in vision and direction for the entire company. Job titles and requirements constantly changed which provided no job security at the time.

I enjoyed the work and environment during the time I was there.
Pros
Credit Union, focus on Community
Cons
Job security
Excellent Corporate Culture
Member Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 July 2016
A typical day at work consists of responding to member inquiries and processing their requests along with getting to know each member a little bit more to assist them with their daily banking needs.
Everyday I learn something new such as getting know a member personally, a new product or a process which aligns both with my role and helping a member to succeed in their financial well being.
I work with a group of knowledgeable and approachable individuals including management who are supportive and always shows new techniques to excel in the role.
The hardest part of my job to win the resistance of members.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to converse with members, educating them of the benefits they can take advantage of.
Financial Services Representative
Money Pro (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2016
A typical day will include making a lot of calls to existing and new clients, meeting with clients to set up investment and banking plans. The best part of this job can be your co-workers. Management varies by branch. I had some excellent managers who encourage and train and others that are not interested in this. The hardest part of the job can be the volumes in a busy branch or the lack of volume in a slow branch.
Pros
Stable job in an office environment
Cons
Sales position
Productive, good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 December 2015
great place to work. easygoing environment, sales targets are modest and the people are great to work with. Also, the customers are very friendly
Official response from Coast Capital Savings Credit Union
17 February 2016

It's nice to hear that we're not only attracting great employees but also great members. We aim to create a healthy work environment that's fun and oriented to high performance. We are glad you enjoyed your time working with Coast!

An excellent work place
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC19 October 2015
-great culture
-good environment
-reachable sale targets
-inside first advancement approach
-quality co workers
-good training
-sometimes employees are not the most intelligent
Poor management in EPMO office
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 September 2015
Fortunate for those uneducated, highschool drop outs, teenage pregnancies are predominant in this department. Most people that work in EPMO don't even have any higher education, yet they will think they think they know better than anyone else. Some have never worked for anyone else only because no one in their right mind would hire them, so they stick at Coast until they die. A person can work in the call center one day and next day turn into a BA or a PM with no skills required just because the manager favours them.

In short, this place promotes people based on preferential treatement and even the Directors and VPs are worst I have seen in any industry. You can manage a $10 mil project and outright fail, but you will never get fired. It's the Coast policy they call it, can't fire if you are an employee.
Pros
Very relaxed attire
Cons
Poor decisions based on preferential treatment, costing projects tons of money and wasted resources
Unique place to work with a rich Corporate Culture
Corporate Reception Administrator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 July 2014
A typical day at work is a balance of serious work and not so serious self. I have learned a lot during my time with Coast Capital and would agree that it is among the best of Canadian Employers. Strong leadership team and fun people. It can be a challenge with a very heavy workload, however it balances out with the people and passes the time quickly.
CCS - Good place to work
Financial Services Representative - Contact Centre (Current Employee) –  surrey, bc13 November 2013
A day in the life of an FSR at the Contact Centre can be very good or it can be very bad depending on if the system decides to crash on you or if the customers are nice or mean. I learned a lot about how to talk to people when they are mad at you, and I learned how to deal with finances and budgets.

We take the good with the bad at the contact centre. It varies from day to day. It can be a lot of fun because you have lots of friends and a good work environment there. Management is pretty good. Hardest part of my job is getting yelled at by the customers every day. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of making a customer's day better by making them happy.
Pros
Great christmas parties
Cons
short staffed all the time
As below
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 August 2013
Always the first at work. I enjoyed the weekly staff meetings. Tried to bring some humour and cheer to the workplace every day. I feel that I had a mutual respect with management, the public and my co-workers.
Good company to work for
IT Governance and Vendor Analyst (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 April 2013
Working at Coast is interesting. I have great coworkers and more importantly thought provoking projects and tasks.
Pros
staff rates/discounts, bonus payouts, great benefits
Cons
far commute, less flexibility in work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coast Capital Savings Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Coast Capital Savings Credit Union Reviews by Location