Coast Capital Savings Credit Union

Coast Capital Savings Credit Union Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 27, 2015
great place to work. easygoing environment, sales targets are modest and the people are great to work with. Also, the customers are very friendly

Comment – February 17, 2016

It's nice to hear that we're not only attracting great employees but also great members. We aim to create a healthy work environment that's fun and oriented to high performance. We are glad you enjoyed your time working with Coast!

Poor management in EPMO office
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 11, 2015
Fortunate for those uneducated, highschool drop outs, teenage pregnancies are predominant in this department. Most people that work in EPMO don't even have any higher education, yet they will think they think they know better than anyone else. Some have never worked for anyone else only because no one in their right mind would hire them, so they stick at Coast until they die. A person can work in the call center one day and next day turn into a BA or a PM with no skills required just because the manager favours them.

In short, this place promotes people based on preferential treatement and even the Directors and VPs are worst I have seen in any industry. You can manage a $10 mil project and outright fail, but you will never get fired. It's the Coast policy they call it, can't fire if you are an employee.
Pros
Very relaxed attire
Cons
Poor decisions based on preferential treatment, costing projects tons of money and wasted resources
An excellent work place
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCOctober 19, 2015
-great culture
-good environment
-reachable sale targets
-inside first advancement approach
-quality co workers
-good training
-sometimes employees are not the most intelligent
Unique place to work with a rich Corporate Culture
Corporate Reception Administrator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work is a balance of serious work and not so serious self. I have learned a lot during my time with Coast Capital and would agree that it is among the best of Canadian Employers. Strong leadership team and fun people. It can be a challenge with a very heavy workload, however it balances out with the people and passes the time quickly.
CCS - Good place to work
Financial Services Representative - Contact Centre (Current Employee) –  surrey, bcNovember 13, 2013
A day in the life of an FSR at the Contact Centre can be very good or it can be very bad depending on if the system decides to crash on you or if the customers are nice or mean. I learned a lot about how to talk to people when they are mad at you, and I learned how to deal with finances and budgets.

We take the good with the bad at the contact centre. It varies from day to day. It can be a lot of fun because you have lots of friends and a good work environment there. Management is pretty good. Hardest part of my job is getting yelled at by the customers every day. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of making a customer's day better by making them happy.
Pros
great christmas parties
Cons
short staffed all the time
Good company to work for
IT Governance and Vendor Analyst (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 3, 2013
Working at Coast is interesting. I have great coworkers and more importantly thought provoking projects and tasks.
Pros
staff rates/discounts, bonus payouts, great benefits
Cons
far commute, less flexibility in work hours
As below
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 28, 2013
Always the first at work. I enjoyed the weekly staff meetings. Tried to bring some humour and cheer to the workplace every day. I feel that I had a mutual respect with management, the public and my co-workers.