Coast Capital Savings Credit Union

Coast Capital Savings Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 January 2018
A company who cares about the well-being of their staff as much as they do their customers. Ever growing while maintaining their purpose, culture and overall great atmosphere.
Positives and negatives
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 January 2018
-Ability to make alot of money if you have contacts and industry know how.
-internal processes are very difficult at times to deal with and are inconsistent
Coast Capital
Accounts Payable Clerk - Six Month Contract (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 November 2017
I loved working here too bad it was only temporary as they were very kind and helpful to their employees.
Management was great and made sure we were taken care of
Pros
Good to staff
Cons
Not permanent
Fun and Inspiring workplace
Sr. Administrator, Investment Operations (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 August 2017
I LOVED working at CCS! I would still be there if I hadn't moved provinces. I experienced working in a branch and in the back office and both were wonderful experiences. No matter where I was, I was working with fun and interesting people. I made so many connections with people there. Such a fun work environment, never a dull moment! I learned so much working at CCS and you can advance your career as little or as far as you want to, the resources are there to be as ambitious as you want to be!
Encouraging
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 July 2017
I enjoyed my work life with Coast Capital Savings and even moreso - the culture and people I worked with! What was really cool were the constant workshops we went on which kept us ever learning and growing and made sure we never really got caught up in the "9 - 5" daily boring drone.
Coast Capital is all about "share of wallet" and ensuring we are "Help"ing our customers which is a great thing although it can be tough to always meet sales goals.
I found management in all 3 branches I worked at to be very caring and ready to listen. They also were extremely encouraging and helped me continue my growth.
Pros
Benefits and decent salary
Cons
Very Sales Focused
TV in lunch room and Gym
Member Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 June 2017
I am mostly on the phones so like to be quiet during lunches and beaks to relax. being on my own while doing the job and be able to help members. hardest is there is no privacy at work. you are monitored from the time you enter work
stressfully
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Harbour, BC31 May 2017
Found that management could be very judgemental on things that didn't relate to the job or work place. They say they are an equal opportunity employer but they are not really.
Pros
some of the people who worked there were really nice and caring
Cons
unfare and uncaring management
Ccs
Senior Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 May 2017
Great staff and management in Coast Capital Savings credit union. I enjoyed working there. They offer opportunities to all staff, and have competitive salaries.
Pros
Great staff
Very open environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 April 2017
*Workspace as well as the culture is very open.
*Learned so much from such a diverse group of people, which was also the most pleasant part of the job
Pros
Frequent team activities
Innovative and growth based company.
Investment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 March 2017
If you are looking for a company to grow with this would be it. They are innovative and forward-thinking. They are also quick to recognize talent and provide the coaching to move up to positions that allow you to thrive.

Want to know more about Coast Capital Savings Credit Union?

Ask a question
Ever changing company
Loans Officer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 March 2017
A change in CEO's provided a constant change in vision and direction for the entire company. Job titles and requirements constantly changed which provided no job security at the time.

I enjoyed the work and environment during the time I was there.
Pros
Credit Union, focus on Community
Cons
Job security
Awesome and friendly place to work for mature and responsible professionals.
Telesales (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 August 2016
Onsite training for awesome sales and service based skills. Huge staff numbers all over the lower mainland and tonnes of opportunities to advance if skilled. Also they are a huge supporter of community events and participation is fun!
Pros
Full-time and Part-time opportunities
Cons
Possibility of being exposed to crime.
Excellent Corporate Culture
Member Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 July 2016
A typical day at work consists of responding to member inquiries and processing their requests along with getting to know each member a little bit more to assist them with their daily banking needs.
Everyday I learn something new such as getting know a member personally, a new product or a process which aligns both with my role and helping a member to succeed in their financial well being.
I work with a group of knowledgeable and approachable individuals including management who are supportive and always shows new techniques to excel in the role.
The hardest part of my job to win the resistance of members.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to converse with members, educating them of the benefits they can take advantage of.
Quiet peacful workplace although stressful at times.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 May 2016
Although many might consider the computer operator job to be boring and monotonous I quite liked it. It was challenging, detail oriented, and I learned so much within so little time while I was employed there. The typical workday consisted of managing a phone queue while also processing over 250 unique tasks and monitoring the various systems that make the organization tick.

The team I worked with was excellent. There were a total of 7 team members who all worked opposing shifts. Even though I did not work with them directly it was really important for the whole team to accurately and clearly communicate changes in processes and ongoing issues..

One of the hardest parts of the job was the night shift. As an operator you are required to switch between day and night shifts every week. The shifts are 12 hours long and they can get very quiet and boring. It was important to keep self motivated!

The best part about my job as an operator was working with a whole bunch of different computers and systems. From unix command lines to windows server to powershell and sharepoint. There were so many things to learn and I am always happy to do so.
Financial Services Representative
Money Pro (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2016
A typical day will include making a lot of calls to existing and new clients, meeting with clients to set up investment and banking plans. The best part of this job can be your co-workers. Management varies by branch. I had some excellent managers who encourage and train and others that are not interested in this. The hardest part of the job can be the volumes in a busy branch or the lack of volume in a slow branch.
Pros
Stable job in an office environment
Cons
Sales position
Productive, good environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 December 2015
great place to work. easygoing environment, sales targets are modest and the people are great to work with. Also, the customers are very friendly
Official response from Coast Capital Savings Credit Union
17 February 2016

It's nice to hear that we're not only attracting great employees but also great members. We aim to create a healthy work environment that's fun and oriented to high performance. We are glad you enjoyed your time working with Coast!

An excellent work place
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC19 October 2015
-great culture
-good environment
-reachable sale targets
-inside first advancement approach
-quality co workers
-good training
-sometimes employees are not the most intelligent
Poor management in EPMO office
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 September 2015
Fortunate for those uneducated, highschool drop outs, teenage pregnancies are predominant in this department. Most people that work in EPMO don't even have any higher education, yet they will think they think they know better than anyone else. Some have never worked for anyone else only because no one in their right mind would hire them, so they stick at Coast until they die. A person can work in the call center one day and next day turn into a BA or a PM with no skills required just because the manager favours them.

In short, this place promotes people based on preferential treatement and even the Directors and VPs are worst I have seen in any industry. You can manage a $10 mil project and outright fail, but you will never get fired. It's the Coast policy they call it, can't fire if you are an employee.
Pros
Very relaxed attire
Cons
Poor decisions based on preferential treatment, costing projects tons of money and wasted resources
Could be much better
Financial Planner II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC21 July 2015
Colleagues are generally amiable. There is not much room for advancement. Management seems to change direction frequently.

Decent pay at lower levels compared to the banks.

Very little support for those in sales positions

They have a commitment to local charities and sponsor many different festivals
Pros
can be fun atmosphere
Cons
Management tends to be top-down
Unique place to work with a rich Corporate Culture
Corporate Reception Administrator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 July 2014
A typical day at work is a balance of serious work and not so serious self. I have learned a lot during my time with Coast Capital and would agree that it is among the best of Canadian Employers. Strong leadership team and fun people. It can be a challenge with a very heavy workload, however it balances out with the people and passes the time quickly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coast Capital Savings Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Coast Capital Savings Credit Union Reviews by Location