An exciting opportunity exists in our Burnaby research facility for an energetic and committed Mechanical Engineering Technologist. The successful candidate will support laboratory operations, industrial research projects and experiments for clients in various industries such as oil, energy, natural resources and defense, among many others.
Responsibilities will include:
- Specification, procurement, setup, operation, calibration and maintenance of:
- Experimental setups and related lab infrastructure
- Data acquisition, control, and instrumentation
- Process equipment such as pumps, compressors, valves
- Design, fabrication and assembly of custom components.
- Working closely with project managers and research scientists to execute projects accurately and on time.
- Conducting accurate data collection and analysis.
- Compiling and maintaining well-organized data reporting & documentation: lab books, data tables, manager’s reports, pictures, etc.
- Brainstorming and implementing new ideas and technology in the areas of lab techniques, sample preparations, instrumentation, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience with mechanical systems, process equipment, instrumentation and wiring, lab setup, fabrication and machining (shop experience)
- Power and hand tools, etc. experience necessary
- Pumps and pumping systems (gas and liquid)
- Industrial pipe and tube fitting
- High pressure systems
- Operating and maintaining sensitive lab equipment
- Industrial analytical instrumentation
- Working safely in a lab & industrial environment
- Attention to details and strong organization skills
- Forklift certification is an asset
- Data analysis experience using Excel, Matlab and/or Origin is considered an asset
- Experience with Solidworks and MS Visio is considered and asset
- Photography, lighting and camera set-up experience an asset as well
Projects will be based mainly out of our industrial laboratory facility in Burnaby. However, there are also potential opportunities for field work and assignments to our Edmonton office based on project requirements. The candidate must also thrive in a team oriented environment, as well as work well independently.
- 2 year Diploma of Technology in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with analytical instrumentation and lab techniques
- Laboratory/Industrial environment experience an asset
- Must be eligible for ASTTBC membership
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Excellent written and communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English
How To Apply: Please send resumes quoting “Mech Tech 2014-04” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Coanda Research & Development Corporation is an engineering research and development company specializing in fluid dynamics and related...