Career Opportunity: Surveyor – Hinton, Alberta
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Surveyor to support the team in our Hinton office.
This position reports to the Project Coordinator and is Full Time Permanent.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Active participation within the construction team to ensure that company targets are met.
- Recommend and procure state of the art survey equipment to support project construction and mining activities
- Prepare accurate monthly surveys and volume calculations of all project workings.
- Complete all volumetric surveys and records to assist with reconciliation tasks.
- Prepare timely reports detailing variation from design to support contractor management .
- Review and interpret reference drawings and associated information.
- Prepare basic level design changes using recognized CAD software to enable project progress.
- Develop, implement and maintain survey systems to ensure clear design detail is available in the field.
- Identify and influence cost saving initiatives related to all work being performed or surveyed.
- Ensure that survey operations are carried out as per the applicable code of practice.
- Co-ordinate topographic surveys of site activities as required.
- Complete monthly progress photography of all site progress from defined survey locations to support internal and external publications.
- Support contractor survey teams in lay out of control stakes in the field for all construction activity.
- Reviewing and editing of survey procedural documents.
- Maintaining clear, indexed, updated filing systems for all as built drawings and plans for the project.
- Maintain a high level of personal and professional development, including advancements in the field of mining survey.
- Complete safety and expense reports in accordance with corporate timelines.
- University or college degree/diploma in survey related field, ideally with a professional designation
- Minimum 5 years of experience in resource industry, preferably mining
- Valid class 5 Drivers license
- Working knowledge of required software including database management, Minesight, Sharepoint, GIS, Word, Excel.
- Intermediate CAD design skills to complete minor design changes for issue.
- Working knowledge of survey base stations and rover units both from an operational and maintenance aspect, including establishment of an effective telemetry system.
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self start, be flexible, work independently as well with a team, handle multiple priorities and participate with operation design and development.
We want to hear from you if you are interested in working at Coalspur and possess the necessary qualifications for this position. Please refer to our web site at www.coalspur.com under the careers section.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in Coalspur. We will be contacting only those candidates selected for interviews.
Indeed - 21 months ago