Career Opportunity: Project Cost Controller – Hinton, Alberta
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Project Cost Controller to support the team in our Hinton office.
This position reports to the Project Manager and is a (3) three year term.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Active participation within the construction team to ensure that company targets are met.
- Ensure control and management of the scope of works to be completed meets budget.
- Clearly understand key contract terms with regard to unit rates, payment schedules and cost exposure to identify and intercept risks to project budget.
- Forecasting costs associated with changes in contract conditions in conjunction with the contract specialist.
- Forecasting costs associated with changes in schedule in conjunction with the project coordinator.
- Work in conjunction with the Coalspur Procurement Manager to ensure clear procurement procedures that align with defined cost control systems.
- Finalizing the work breakdown structure and approved project budget as work commences.
- Establishing and maintaining the project cost reporting system in On-Track, working in conjunction with the current cost control team.
- Oversight of the project team in establishing and maintaining a project cash flow forecast, planned versus actual commitments, and planned versus actual earned value data.
- Over viewing the establishment and maintenance of the electronic and hard copy filing system required to manage payment of work done on site.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the work flows required to raise project commitments and initiate payments for goods and services.
- Coordinating the preparation of weekly and monthly cost reports for the project focused activities.
- Prepare timely reports detailing risks to project budget.
- Maintain a high level of personal and professional development.
- Complete safety and expense reports in accordance with corporate timelines.
- Completion of additional project related tasks as required.
- University degree in finance, accounting or engineering, ideally with a professional designation
- 8+ years professional experience, with mining, oil, gas or petrochemical facility construction ideal
- Competency with On-Track software (strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast project expenditure
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with cost engineering, including budgeting, monitoring and tracking costs, change orders and forecasting
- Understanding of the principles behind project controls and contract administration
- Valid class 5 Drivers license
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self start, be flexible, work independently as well with a team, handle multiple priorities and participate with operation design and development.
We want to hear from you if you are interested in working at Coalspur and possess the necessary qualifications for this position. Please refer to our website www.coalspur.com under the careers section.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in Coalspur. We will be contacting only those candidates selected for interviews.
Indeed - 20 months ago