Career Opportunity: Procurement Manager – Hinton, Alberta
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Procurement Manager to support the team in our Hinton office.
This position reports to the Project Manager and is a Full Time Permanent.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Active participation within the construction team to ensure that company targets are met.
- Lead the project’s supply chain management, planning, and execution systems.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of the organization.
- Develop purchasing and materials control policies and procedures.
- Perform a lead role in the negotiation of purchase contracts.
- Utilize data analysis, business intelligence, and reporting tools to forecast supply and material needs across the organization.
- Monitor developments within in-country and external markets to source materials and meet current/future supply chain needs.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Create tools and process to ensure the development of materials requirements plans and forecasts.
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve issues.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators and metrics for supply chain planning and forecasting and develop systems for continuous improvement.
- Facilitate, lead, and support all supplier relationships, and periodically conduct supplier capability assessments.
- Regularly report on supply chain performance to leadership team including identification of short term and medium risk supply risks.
- Seek and establish ways to further align supply chain unit with the organization’s financial goals.
- Review and process claims against suppliers.
- Arrange for payments to vendors for products or services procured.
- Maintain a high level of personal and professional development.
- Complete safety and expense reports in accordance with corporate timelines.
- Completion of additional project related tasks as required.
- University degree in the procurement or supply chain field, ideally with a professional designation
- 15+ years professional experience within mining, oil, gas or petrochemical facility construction with at least 5 year at manager level or above
- Demonstrated cost effective procurement management
- Valid class 5 Drivers license
- Proficiency with database management, Word, Excel, On-Track and SharePoint
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self start, be flexible, work independently as well with a team, handle multiple priorities and participate with operation design and development
We want to hear from you if you are interested in working at Coalspur and possess the necessary qualifications for this position. Please refer to our website www.coalspur.com under the careers section.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in Coalspur. We will be contacting only those candidates selected for interviews.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard