Career Opportunity: Contract Specialist – Hinton, Alberta
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Contract Specialist to support the team in our Hinton office.
This position reports to the Project Manager and is a (3) three year term.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Active participation within the construction team to ensure that company targets are met.
- Draft, negotiate and manage contracts for construction, services and materials.
- Provide pre-proposal and proposal preparation support along with the preparation of negotiation minutes.
- Formation of the contract documents and contract award process to ensure contracts meet costs and risks outlined the Coalspur execution strategy.
- Analyze contracts for content, clauses and definition of outstanding contractual matters to meet the Coalspur execution strategy.
- Ensure all contracts, purchase orders and services agreements are assembled and administered correctly and professionally.
- Participate in commercial negotiations in a fair, timely and equitable manner to ensure Coalspurs’ outcomes meet execution strategy.
- Examine estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Proactively ensures contracts are closely monitored to support project management team in effective contract management.
- Work with the cost controller to ensure all contracts, purchase orders and services agreements are closed out within one month of practical completion.
- Administer change orders ensuring legal and contractual compliance and dispute resolution.
- Collect documentation relating to events justifying delays and added expenses.
- Produce timely reports related to contract variation issues in conjunction with relevant contract manager.
- Actively manage subcontracts with attention to the prevention and/or defense of potential claims by subcontractors, and to prepare documentation to sustain any claims made.
- Work with project coordinator to accurately define contractual outcomes of changes to scope, design and schedule.
- Organize the safe storage and subsequent return, at the appropriate time, of all retentions, bonds and guarantees.
- Prepare timely reports detailing risks to project budget arising from contractual terms and variations.
- Provide consistency and oversight in contracts and contractual relationships.
- Maintain a high level of personal and professional development.
- Complete safety and expense reports in accordance with corporate timelines.
- Completion of additional project related tasks as required.
- University degree in engineering or the procurement field, ideally with a professional designation
- 10+ years professional experience, with mining, oil, gas or petrochemical facility construction ideal
- Demonstrated negotiation and management of large construction contracts
- Valid class 5 Drivers license
- Proficiency with database management, Word, Excel, On-Track and SharePoint
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self start, be flexible, work independently as well with a team, handle multiple priorities and participate with operation design and development.
We want to hear from you if you are interested in working at Coalspur and possess the necessary qualifications for this position. Please refer to our website www.coalspur.com under the careers section.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in Coalspur. We will be contacting only those candidates selected for interviews.
Indeed - 17 months ago