The Coalition of Youth Councils is a federally registered not-for-profit corporation working towards connecting communities. Our mission is to increase civic participation amongst young canadians by providing incentives and delivering experiential educational initiatives.
The CYC is working towards building a national network of chapters with chapters in Toronto and Mississauga as well as chapters-in-development in Markham, Richmond Hill, and Ottawa.
- Call general elections for each chapter set for October on even numbered years.
- Review the financial and timely feasibility of hosting a by-election upon request by chapters, make a decision, and inform the Managing Director and Youth Council of the decision and the reasoning behind it.
- Compose and send a memo to the appropriate chapters communicating internally/externally of all important election dates (nomination period, voting period, etc).
- Send an email to the Vice-President of information & Technology to inform them to expect an increase in website activity one month prior to the voting period of an election.
- Send an email to the Graphic Designers requesting they design the official election marketing materials tailored to each chapter.
- Send an email to the Manager of Online Communications requesting they promote the election.
- Send an email to the Manager of Membership Services to inform them to expect increased membership registration during the election.
- Creates new benchmarks surveys on The Cloud with restricted access to each ward in each chapter’s respective city during an election.
- Administers candidate registration during an election.
- Organize and host online Candidate Information Sessions during an election.
- Send an email to all eligible voters with the link to their respective benchmark survey (or poll) during the voting period of an election.
- Send an email to the Managing Directors and Youth Council Clerks with their respective certificates of election.
- Publish election reports for each respective chapter and declares the winners.
- Send an email to the Help Desk with the name, personal email, cell number, and ward number of each elected Youth Councillor.
- Participate in monthly Executive Council Meetings which take place in Toronto on the first Sunday of each month from 10:00am to 5:00pm.
- Meet with the President in-person, as necessary, otherwise this is mostly a virtual position.
- MUST live in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Good organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are essential.
- Desire to work in a developing youth-driven organization.
- Self-motivated, solution-focused, and ability to work with minimal direction.
- Ability to think logically and consistently, plan, coordinate, commit to improving the work environment, ability to negotiate and organize a heavy workload.
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- High degree of professionalism, tact, patience, discretion and good judgment.
Indeed - 12 months ago
The Coalition of Youth Councils is a federally registered not-for-profit corporation working towards connecting communities. Our mission is...