Coach Canada

Coach Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
we had shower in change room
Driver/Bus Maintenance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: working independently, 4 days off between each shift 4 days on, 4 days off
Cons: working even on holiday no say
Buses is ready to go on time,I learn if we don't work together everyone will be set back. management was great always take care of employee when situation came up. working with my co-work was like a family we take good care of each other. the most enjoyable part of this job we got the task done on time but we had fun doing it very friendly co-work. – more... & working independently, the hard part was to work in the cold in the winter months learn fast to make sure dress really warm. – less
Mismanaged company with a lot of potential to become greater.
Mechanic (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 7, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits, easy work
Cons: busses have toilets, dirty workspace, unorganized company, unionized, open 24/7, weekends, all holidays even christmas.
Came to work, supervisor gave job assignment, completed work independently and detailed in work order. Went home.

Got my 310T License, was a struggle to do so, didn't offer apprenticeships, had to spearhead it. Didn't pick up much experience in engines and transmissions as all work outsourced. Seniority dropped to 0 when I got my license and I had – more... to work the graveyard shift.

co workers are generally ok, a few know it alls and idiots and the occasional back stabber. immediate management is ok getting more disconnected and standoffish at each level up.

Hardest part of the job was inhaling the diesel soot and other dust. got unbearably hot in the shop during summer and freezing cold in the winter. also in the winter deep puddles would form all over shop floor, sometimes with high voltage lines in them. Busses have public toilets in them that always needed work done.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment when fixing something complicated or learning something new. – less
The company is Micro Managed by it's President
Montreal GrayLin manager (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCNovember 27, 2013
Pros: quality employees
Cons: micro managed
The company in Micro Managed.

They give their managers all the responsibility with no authority to manage their own departments.
Overall very challenging and rewarding'
Manager/ Safety & Training (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 31, 2012
Pros: great experience in finding away through issues
Cons: difficult when you may be misguided or misunderstood
Overall very rewarding, I enjoyed the challenges that came everyday.
I would go in early every morning because of a 24/7 operation there were issues that came up overnite and i found myself anxious to fix them first thing in the am as per contract to the GTAA we had a response time of 24 hours of which i assured a 8 hour time span. i always like to – more... be ahead of the game.
The day would vary as to if we had emergency response calls to last minute bus operation request that i personally would assign and see through...there were sometimes issues with anyone from dispatchers to supervisors to drivers to equiptment issues that would need to be resolved throughout te course of the day.
I learned to treat each situation individually as there were never the same, i learned to listen well and to have understanding when necessary as well as being firm when need be. The hardest part of the job was trying to please everyone although some may be stubborn but change thier thoughts and see the logic there were some that you just cant please. Compromise seemed to work then. The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishment....at the end of the day i could go home knowing that i covered all the issues i had for that day and sometimes got a head start for the next. – less
Coach Canada
School Bus Escort (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: supportive management and co workers
Cons: cost of getting to work
Working at Coach Canada was one of the most pleasant experiences I have ever had.
The day began at 8 when both the bus driver and myself began the run. Which consisted of picking up students from the ages of 4 to late teens.
When the person came on to the bus that I was to supervise. I found that the children all knew what was expected and followed – more... all rules.
Management was very supportive to all the school boards needs and all employees needs. As an employee you know management is there for you.
My co workers were similar to the management friendly, supportive and just great people.
The hardest part of the job was the cost to get to work and back 4 times a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the client I was supervising. – less