The Position: Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing will manage the implementation of both strategic and tactical global marketing initiatives while providing strong leadership to a senior team of Marketing and Communications professionals.
Working internally across senior management and regional marketing teams to implement and execute a strategy for supporting the business through effective marketing programs to new prospects and existing customers by the creation of collateral and materials for print, online and via tradeshows and events.
- Provide leadership, direction and project oversight to a highly skilled team to ensure nothing but the highest quality work is produced in all languages supporting our regions.
- With a careful eye for detail direct the development and management of all marketing and communications programs for customers, delivered through a variety of vehicles, including print materials, electronic materials including websites, sales support materials, tradeshow materials, presentations for special events, etc.
- Work with VP to identify and develop team goals and objectives, and manage and direct the activities of the team.
- Act as a mentor and coach to existing team members and hire and train new ones as necessary.
- Ensure strict quality controls are in place, adhering to corporate branding guidelines making sure that accuracy in internal and external communications are maintained.
- Put in place metrics to monitor effectiveness of lead generation programs and tools around advertising, direct marketing campaigns, social media, website, etc.
- Manage internal and external newsletters to communicate the latest news to staff and clients.
- Proactively pursue public relations opportunities and drive customer reference programs.
- Work collaboratively with heads of other departments or divisions to meet their marketing needs.
- Work closely with Product Management team to ensure product collateral and packaging is accurate and delivered on time for every release and effectively communicates the features and benefits of new products to our clients on a timely basis.
- Generate, present, track, measure and revise / improve innovative marketing campaigns that build CNXDream brand and product awareness, with the goal of making our software a ‘must have’ tool for our current and potential client base
- Promote a collaborative working relationship within organization where cross-divisional roles are appreciated and valued, to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Suggest improvements to existing Marketing and Communications policies and practices.
- Marketing or Business Degree, preferably at a Masters level
- 10 years' experience as Senior Manager in a B2B software company
- 5 years' experience managing marketing staff with strong leadership & team building skills
- Product oriented and strong technical skills
- Experience in developing and making formal presentations
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Must have demonstrated a successful track record of developing, presenting, tracking, improving and measuring brand marketing campaigns that have enjoyed success in improving brand awareness and generating new and increased revenue streams
- Experience working in a global organization across different time zones, languages and cultures
- Willingness to manage 10 – 15% out of town / global travel
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude and be willing to roll up sleeves to help get the job done