CNIB Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
i love team work
Lotto both cnib (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: tips
Cons: long hours
I was working 5days a week. my favaverit part of the job was team work helping each other, I learned how to deal with costumers.
It’s a great organization to work for and believe in their mission
Reception Assistant, Volunteer (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Very frinedly working environment
Cons: Short hours
I really enjoyed working at CNIB, I learned a lot, great experience to learn in a fast-packed environment.Everyone is friendly and easy to talk too, always willing to help me out in anything I need.
Challenging and fast pace
Junior Systems administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2015
CNIB is a not-for-profit company, but they try to keep come up with the newest technologies. Just recently CNIB has moved to Office 365 and has implemented SCCM. At CNIB you get a chance to work on different technologies and enhance your skills.
Support by management
Registrar/Administration Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2015
Pros: Staff
Cons: Lack of support by management
The most enjoyable part of the job was other co-workers and the clients. Some of the co-workers are a great bunch of people.
Fun and lively environment.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 4, 2014
Coworkers and management are very helpful and good to work with.
Productive, fun to work with people
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: making friends with them
Cons: long hours, not paid volunteer job
I work as volunteer to assist Deaf and Blind people enrolled in the program to learn basic things such as like banking, budget living necessaries and rent if they want to live on their own in a apartment.

working at the CNIB was wonderful experience to work with people. I created a projects for them to learn and taught them how to budget, and learn some idioms words.

I learn how to interact with people and learn different ways to teach. It was rewarding experience for me!

The hardest part was: get them to understand clearly but I have lot of patience with that.

I enjoy to teach them and see them to be happy and able to be independent on their own.
Great mission great people!
Intermediate Secretary (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2013
A typical day at work is answering phone calls to schedule clients for their high tech assessments.
I have learned a great deal about the culture of low vision and the blind.
My management team is open and empathetic to our professional and personal needs.
The hardest part of my job is when I have to explain to a client that I cannot help them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to resolve a problem situation with a client.
Very progressive and supportive agency!!
Placement Student (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJune 19, 2012
Pros: an amazing group of people to work with!!
Very supportive agency. It is well organized, well run and everyone supports each other regardless of department or position.