CNIB

CNIB Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and lively environment.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 4, 2014
Coworkers and management are very helpful and good to work with.
Productive, fun to work with people
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: making friends with them
Cons: long hours, not paid volunteer job
I work as volunteer to assist Deaf and Blind people enrolled in the program to learn basic things such as like banking, budget living necessaries and rent if they want to live on their own in a apartment.

working at the CNIB was wonderful experience to work with people. I created a projects for them to learn and taught them how to budget, and learn – more... some idioms words.

I learn how to interact with people and learn different ways to teach. It was rewarding experience for me!

The hardest part was: get them to understand clearly but I have lot of patience with that.

I enjoy to teach them and see them to be happy and able to be independent on their own. – less
Great mission great people!
Intermediate Secretary (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2013
A typical day at work is answering phone calls to schedule clients for their high tech assessments.
I have learned a great deal about the culture of low vision and the blind.
My management team is open and empathetic to our professional and personal needs.
The hardest part of my job is when I have to explain to a client that I cannot help them.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to resolve a problem situation with a client. – less
Very progressive and supportive agency!!
Placement Student (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJune 19, 2012
Pros: an amazing group of people to work with!!
Very supportive agency. It is well organized, well run and everyone supports each other regardless of department or position.