CNH

CNH Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and good workplace
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 5, 2014
Gives me more opportunity to learn and practice my technical capability.
Its a very Big Organization so you have to work under a lots of Pressure however at the end of the day its very satisfying as you have help so many cl
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR CANADA / USA (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 5, 2014
Pros: very good company
Cons: you have to work under pressure all the time full 9 hours
Developing and maintaining profitable long-term relationships with assigned
Accounts
Worked with outside sales teams to create marketing plans
Developed and manage sales quotas and objectives
Developed and execute strategic marketing and business plans, initiatives, and
Objectives
Good people at the bottom line, only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Assemby (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 26, 2014
Pros: good wage for kids fresh out of highschool
Cons: poor wage for people trying to raise a household, required suggestions, lousy part supply
Just a sh*tty place to work. The wage is alright, so long as you aren't trying to get anywhere with it. a year and a half should see you to the wage cap at which there is no reason to try to advance because they'll sooner hire outside the company for management positions with unrelated experience. WCM (Their 'world class manufacturing' initiative) causes – more... more problems than they fix. removing stock on floor to "tidy up the area" and make it more inaccessible.
Forced Suggestion program. Each employee was REQUIRED to submit over 12 suggestions a year. resulting in additional office jobs just to sort through the suggestions. with roughly 1200 employees; real suggestions took months if not years to be implemented. Managers would pull employees away from work to talk about their performance, but offer no advice when asked for help. When opinions on present action plans are presented, they are ignored. Such as keeping new hires all day training with experts so when they are moved to second shift they'll be better trained. Guess who was surprised quality fell the next month.
Poor Job security, bonuses reliant on entire plants performance, insubstantial promises that are rarely kept. suppliers fed up with CNH for late payments, resulting in poorer quality parts that don't fit correctly. multiple engineers giving me five different ways to do the same task before re-describing the way I was doing it before.
But the starting pay is decent and they let most people walk in the door, just don't try to make a career out of it. – less
Good learning
Test Analyst Functional (Former Employee), ChennaiDecember 8, 2014
Good scope of learning
poor leading made me to take initiatives
Busy with a lot of responsibility
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Racine, WIOctober 22, 2014
Pros: running the show, people i work with
Cons: benefits, hours
A typical day would consist of supervising over 15-20 employees per shift. Receiving orders by phone, email, WMS. Filling out the orders. Instructing employees. I've learned how to run inventory, inbound and outbound. Along with how to run a hoist. Scheduling on weekends and making adjustments with that. I am the only manager on my shift which can make – more... it difficult to instruct everyone at the same time but it is also the fun part about my job because I can place employees according to their strengths. The most enjoyable part about my job is who I work with. I like working with the employees. – less
Road Tester
Production Fitter/Road Tester (Former Employee), New Holland, ENGOctober 13, 2014
Loved the job role and working for this company if you like the manufacturing environment.
Lots of backstabbing and poor management in the workplace unfortunately is probably only thing that lets it down.
Union is in the company pocket and salary is poor for this type of production.
ok
data entry, excel, access (Former Employee), Greenville, TXOctober 7, 2014
fast paced, demanding,fun co-workers, lots of time management
Fun place to work
Fork truck operator (Former Employee), Lebanon, INOctober 6, 2014
I loved my job at CNH. The supervisors are all very easy going & easy to work with. I'd still be with the company if I would not have moved to another state. I learned how to drive all the equipment and certified. The hardest part of my job was lifting very heavy parts. I really don't have anything I didn't like about my job there. All the people I – more... worked with were amazing. – less
No integrity, toxic mis-management
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good 401k if you last at least 3 years
Cons: no integrity, toxic mis-management
I would recommend not applying for work here. I will list reasons and provide examples. The examples are just that, these problems occurred mostly on a daily basis.

To the manufacturing manager who wrote the well written piece below from Aug 7, 2014, I recommend porting it to the CNH Industrial (search “CNH Industrial indeed” in Google to find) review – more... page, CNH Industrial changed their name and links their job postings to that page. The people applying for those jobs need to read what you had to say.

To whoever manages this site, I recommend merging these reviews or at least porting the ones over that have been written after the name change as people are still posting here.

Extremely low integrity: Very high level manager acknowledged that high level managers below him were lying about important matters. This did not bother him. I had concerns about workload and management when I hired on and asked a high level manager about them. He lied to me then or I would not have hired on.

Toxic work environment: Management solely through negative reinforcement, seemingly without reason other than to dump stress. I was chewed on for half an hour for something that occurred months before I joined and was in a radically different area. Setting feet against new projects, feigning incompetence in the hopes of not getting involved, and stating “thats not my job,” has been beat into what should be a team. People actually hid so as to not be the first person that management saw.

Churning management, constantly told to reverse course: Was chewed out for not going to a meeting that I was invited to while attending the meeting that conflicted (I was told to never bring a laptop into a meeting by the same manager, so there was no way to receive the new invite). The day before, I was told that the conflicting meeting that I attended was my highest priority (neither meeting was a pillar or safety meeting, which according to policy were highest).

One way communication: My last day, a manager was still making false statements to upper management about the function of a computer process that I had tried twice to straighten him out on. Once written, a computer program will only work a certain way, no matter how firmly you lie about it. Tool design was frequently forced on the floor without consideration for whether or not it was needed or even desirable, much less how it would be integrated into the overall processes and workload of the line. I was told to show the cost benefit of tools that were completely idle. Attempting to call attention to communication problems will lead shortly to a meeting with your management, being told how poor you are at your job and that the problem lies with you.

Plain ol’ mismanagement: We were in a budget crunch. I gave management my time requirements to complete a large mission critical task that I had prior expertise in. The standard contractor had made it clear that they did not want the work, as it was outside their scope. Even assuming that my time estimate was low by 50%, that I only worked 8 hr days (typically 11+ hour days not adding in beaks), and that corporate overburden adds an additional 200% to the cost of my pay, the contractors quote was about 4 times my quote (which was not cheap to begin with). I was chewed out for not insisting that the contractor do the work.

Very high turnover rate in my position. I was told that I would be the 5th in 4 years. I cannot verify. I urge you not to be number 6.

I will say, other departments did seem to have a better time of it – less
Great Benefits and overall pay was ok.
Inbound Supervisor (Former Employee), Lebanon, INAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: poor upper management. poor training for managment.
Upper management is actually in the toilet. Not a good place for women or men of color to work. Office politics make it hard for us to compete for advancement positions. Need a complete overhaul of upper management and HR.
Don't even consider this company, please.
Senior manufacturing manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 7, 2014
Pros: decent compensation and benefits package. 401k match and annual contribution
Cons: everything else. unless you are a masochist without a family or any values or integrity.
I have worked for several large OEM automotive and machinery manufacturers. I have worked in "shark infested" companies, and have a thick skin as a result. In manufacturing, a certain amount of "pressure" is to be expected. Managers can be expected to vent or be intense just because it's the nature of a fast paced, competitive, and metric driven environment. – more... But, none come close to CNH in this respect. Perhaps, it's because none of the management team, with high turnover, that I worked with had ever worked for a company that was well run and successful in its day to day operations.
At CNH it is the norm (not plant location specific) for managers at all levels to treat their subordinates and hourly employees with contempt, constant abuse, lies, unrealistic expectations, and constant threats of termination. The performance review process is laughable. It is a forced distribution method that does not have any true impact on an employee's career, and completely subjective based upon political correctness rather than performance. It does not impact raises, because those DO NOT happen. In 7+ years, none of the salaried workforce received a raise of any kind unless it was associated with a promotion. Of course, most positions are filled from outside rather than promoting from within.
In addition to the constant abuse and threats, the hours and workloads are not commensurate with compensation or position. An average 8 hour day has 12 hours worth of expected output, usually above and beyond the duties associated with their position. Don't expect any overtime pay, but do expect to have your job threatened if the smallest item isn't completed. (These statements are based on an analysis of several salaried positions from supervisor to operations manager.)
World Class Manufacturing is the company's choice for lean methodology. It is used primarily as a big stick to beat up hourly and salaried employees without any support or proper training. Additionally, it is the corporate dog and pony show comprised of falsified data and extraordinary expense immediately prior to audits to make plants "look" like the principles are practiced daily.
Safety is more about documentation and CYA for the company than for the protection and well being of the employees. For instance, machines were/are randomly, very quickly, and erratically moving and spinning whether or not an operator was using the drive controls. All of the expected meetings and failure mode analysis reviews were well documented every time an incident occurred. But, none of the corrective and protective actions identified were implemented. The safety manager initially stated he would insist that production of the machines in question would be stopped until a resolution was found. After a closed meeting with the plant manager and others via conference call, his "viewpoint" changed and production continued. This put employees, contractors, and customers at risk of serious injury or death on a daily basis. This problem has been ongoing for over 6 months and no resolution has been found yet.
Random shutdowns and overproduction mandates occurred frequently without any obvious reason or logical explanation. CNH also allows itself to be held captive by its supply chain, and fails to implement any chargeback or quality consistency requirements. The plant absorbs the costs and uses that as yet another reason to beat down the manufacturing departments who have to absorb the scrap and labor costs associated with quality problems.
If you have a choice, avoid CNH at all costs. If you do accept employment with them you will regret it almost immediately and you can plan on enduring unheard of stress levels while you age 5 years for every year you work there.
If you have any integrity at all this will be a very painful company to work for. – less
blah place to work
Clutch Assembler (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIJuly 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: time off
no free time its all about numbers, they don't care if you need off of work
was a good place to work and good coworkers
Assembler (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEMay 5, 2014
fast pace hard job on some days learned new things all the time with new updates in company . had great co-workers that was most enjoyable part of my job.. and to see completed work and to know I was a part of making it..hardest part of my job was the moving of hevy carts
stressful unpredictable environment
Outbound Specialist (Current Employee), Lebanon, INApril 14, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: unpredictable hours, stressful
The day starts at 6:30 a.m. and can end anywhere between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. I would go into work and not have a clue what time I was going to be off. The week usually consisted of anywhere from 40-60+ hours. The job itself was easy. It consisted of driving various picking equipment to fill customer orders. Once the orders were picked they would then – more... be packed for shipment. – less
Most frustrating place I ever worked!
Assembler (Current Employee), New Holland, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: music is allowed to be played on weekends. $5 off safety shoes. football is important.
Cons: world class manufacturing
All hourly workers are stupid. You don't know anything because you don't have a degree. If you are an engineer, you are also a supervisor. Doesn't matter if you have people skills or not.
Material handling is contracted out. They have their own agenda. Still haven't figured out what it is, but it is not working together to achieve company goals. .
Managers – more... are yes men. Can't say what needs to be said for fear of losing their jobs. Need to spend all of their time chasing down parts instead of doing their jobs.
Running with less people than needed to do the job is very important.
Contracted temporary workers are treated poorly.Training is horrible. Safety record is horrible.
Tools are worn out and very difficult to get replaced.Gloves are not readily available to workers.
Suggestions are welcome but seldom implemented. Projects are started but once the ball is rolling, completion never happens.
If no one gets hurt, and production rolls along, nothing gets fixed.
Communication? Did you say something? – less
fun and fast paced
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Lebanon, INFebruary 4, 2014
I loved the multi tasking work and the fun people. The work was challenging sometimes but it was worth it. I learned a lot of time management skills and how to input data.
Carefully read these reviews about Burr Ridge
Purchasing (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: the people at the plant work very hard and are under appreciated at the corporate level
Cons: read the other reviews, they accurately sum up the cons.
If You Are Considering Working At The Burr Ridge Location, I Encourage You To Look Elsewhere. You Can Do Better Then Working At Cnh. Rather Than Going Into Details, I Will Summarize By Saying That Cnh Is The Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For.
STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MANAGER (Former Employee), RACINE WIJanuary 4, 2014
Cons: thieves and everyone lies
IF YOU WANT TO WORK FOR A SATANIC OUTFIT THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.
MANAGERS LIE CHEAT AND STEAL AND CUSTOMERS ARE SHEEP FOR SHEARING THEY WILL SELL OUT THEIR EMPLOYEES FOR A THIRD WORLD LOCATION AT A WHIM
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME THERE
very productive company
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), wichita kansasDecember 30, 2013
Fun work place, trained in house,offered lots of overtime and enjoyed working for them.
Challenging Work Environment with Many Opportunities
Business Area Manager, Assembly & Paint (Current Employee), Goodfield, ILDecember 2, 2013
Pros: good opportunity
Cons: long hours
A good company to work for except for consistently long hours and weekends.

1 2 3 4

About CNH

CNH Global (Case New Holland) is one of the world's largest makers of agricultural combines and tractors, as well as light-industrial – Read more