CNH

CNH Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Its a very Big Organization so you have to work under a lots of Pressure however at the end of the day its very satisfying as you have help so many cl
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR CANADA / USA (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 5, 2014
Pros: very good company
Cons: you have to work under pressure all the time full 9 hours
Developing and maintaining profitable long-term relationships with assigned
Accounts
Worked with outside sales teams to create marketing plans
Developed and manage sales quotas and objectives
Developed and execute strategic marketing and business plans, initiatives, and
Objectives
Good people at the bottom line, only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Assemby (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 26, 2014
Pros: good wage for kids fresh out of highschool
Cons: poor wage for people trying to raise a household, required suggestions, lousy part supply
Just a sh*tty place to work. The wage is alright, so long as you aren't trying to get anywhere with it. a year and a half should see you to the wage cap at which there is no reason to try to advance because they'll sooner hire outside the company for management positions with unrelated experience. WCM (Their 'world class manufacturing' initiative) causes – more... more problems than they fix. removing stock on floor to "tidy up the area" and make it more inaccessible.
Forced Suggestion program. Each employee was REQUIRED to submit over 12 suggestions a year. resulting in additional office jobs just to sort through the suggestions. with roughly 1200 employees; real suggestions took months if not years to be implemented. Managers would pull employees away from work to talk about their performance, but offer no advice when asked for help. When opinions on present action plans are presented, they are ignored. Such as keeping new hires all day training with experts so when they are moved to second shift they'll be better trained. Guess who was surprised quality fell the next month.
Poor Job security, bonuses reliant on entire plants performance, insubstantial promises that are rarely kept. suppliers fed up with CNH for late payments, resulting in poorer quality parts that don't fit correctly. multiple engineers giving me five different ways to do the same task before re-describing the way I was doing it before.
But the starting pay is decent and they let most people walk in the door, just don't try to make a career out of it. – less
Road Tester
Production Fitter/Road Tester (Former Employee), New Holland, ENGOctober 13, 2014
Loved the job role and working for this company if you like the manufacturing environment.
Lots of backstabbing and poor management in the workplace unfortunately is probably only thing that lets it down.
Union is in the company pocket and salary is poor for this type of production.
ok
data entry, excel, access (Former Employee), Greenville, TXOctober 7, 2014
fast paced, demanding,fun co-workers, lots of time management
Fun place to work
Fork truck operator (Former Employee), Lebanon, INOctober 6, 2014
I loved my job at CNH. The supervisors are all very easy going & easy to work with. I'd still be with the company if I would not have moved to another state. I learned how to drive all the equipment and certified. The hardest part of my job was lifting very heavy parts. I really don't have anything I didn't like about my job there. All the people I – more... worked with were amazing. – less
No integrity, toxic mis-management
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good 401k if you last at least 3 years
Cons: no integrity, toxic mis-management
I would recommend not applying for work here. I will list reasons and provide examples. The examples are just that, these problems occurred mostly on a daily basis.

To the manufacturing manager who wrote the well written piece below from Aug 7, 2014, I recommend porting it to the CNH Industrial (search “CNH Industrial indeed” in Google to find) review – more... page, CNH Industrial changed their name and links their job postings to that page. The people applying for those jobs need to read what you had to say.

To whoever manages this site, I recommend merging these reviews or at least porting the ones over that have been written after the name change as people are still posting here.

Extremely low integrity: Very high level manager acknowledged that high level managers below him were lying about important matters. This did not bother him. I had concerns about workload and management when I hired on and asked a high level manager about them. He lied to me then or I would not have hired on.

Toxic work environment: Management solely through negative reinforcement, seemingly without reason other than to dump stress. I was chewed on for half an hour for something that occurred months before I joined and was in a radically different area. Setting feet against new projects, feigning incompetence in the hopes of not getting involved, and stating “thats not my job,” has been beat into what should be a team. People actually hid so as to not be the first person that management saw.

Churning management, constantly told to reverse course: Was chewed out for not going to a meeting that I was invited to while attending the meeting that conflicted (I was told to never bring a laptop into a meeting by the same manager, so there was no way to receive the new invite). The day before, I was told that the conflicting meeting that I attended was my highest priority (neither meeting was a pillar or safety meeting, which according to policy were highest).

One way communication: My last day, a manager was still making false statements to upper management about the function of a computer process that I had tried twice to straighten him out on. Once written, a computer program will only work a certain way, no matter how firmly you lie about it. Tool design was frequently forced on the floor without consideration for whether or not it was needed or even desirable, much less how it would be integrated into the overall processes and workload of the line. I was told to show the cost benefit of tools that were completely idle. Attempting to call attention to communication problems will lead shortly to a meeting with your management, being told how poor you are at your job and that the problem lies with you.

Plain ol’ mismanagement: We were in a budget crunch. I gave management my time requirements to complete a large mission critical task that I had prior expertise in. The standard contractor had made it clear that they did not want the work, as it was outside their scope. Even assuming that my time estimate was low by 50%, that I only worked 8 hr days (typically 11+ hour days not adding in beaks), and that corporate overburden adds an additional 200% to the cost of my pay, the contractors quote was about 4 times my quote (which was not cheap to begin with). I was chewed out for not insisting that the contractor do the work.

Very high turnover rate in my position. I was told that I would be the 5th in 4 years. I cannot verify. I urge you not to be number 6.

I will say, other departments did seem to have a better time of it – less
Great Benefits and overall pay was ok.
Inbound Supervisor (Former Employee), Lebanon, INAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: poor upper management. poor training for managment.
Upper management is actually in the toilet. Not a good place for women or men of color to work. Office politics make it hard for us to compete for advancement positions. Need a complete overhaul of upper management and HR.
Under managed
Inbound Receive Associate (Former Employee), Lebanon, INJuly 22, 2014
Pros: reasonable hours
Cons: low pay, poor benifits, bad management
I worked as a temp for well over a year at CNH and there was little opportunity for advancement. It is a very unclean environment with poor management. They did not recognize associates and did not allow them to prove their work ethic. The hours were reasonable but the health benefits were way too expensive and offered little coverage. They pay was – more... not worth the amount of work that was required from the employees and if any health issues were to occur while working there they would let the associate go do to their no fault policy.. – less
blah place to work
Clutch Assembler (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIJuly 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: time off
no free time its all about numbers, they don't care if you need off of work
was a good place to work and good coworkers
Assembler (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEMay 5, 2014
fast pace hard job on some days learned new things all the time with new updates in company . had great co-workers that was most enjoyable part of my job.. and to see completed work and to know I was a part of making it..hardest part of my job was the moving of hevy carts
stressful unpredictable environment
Outbound Specialist (Current Employee), Lebanon, INApril 14, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: unpredictable hours, stressful
The day starts at 6:30 a.m. and can end anywhere between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. I would go into work and not have a clue what time I was going to be off. The week usually consisted of anywhere from 40-60+ hours. The job itself was easy. It consisted of driving various picking equipment to fill customer orders. Once the orders were picked they would then – more... be packed for shipment. – less
Most frustrating place I ever worked!
Assembler (Current Employee), New Holland, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: music is allowed to be played on weekends. $5 off safety shoes. football is important.
Cons: world class manufacturing
All hourly workers are stupid. You don't know anything because you don't have a degree. If you are an engineer, you are also a supervisor. Doesn't matter if you have people skills or not.
Material handling is contracted out. They have their own agenda. Still haven't figured out what it is, but it is not working together to achieve company goals. .
Managers – more... are yes men. Can't say what needs to be said for fear of losing their jobs. Need to spend all of their time chasing down parts instead of doing their jobs.
Running with less people than needed to do the job is very important.
Contracted temporary workers are treated poorly.Training is horrible. Safety record is horrible.
Tools are worn out and very difficult to get replaced.Gloves are not readily available to workers.
Suggestions are welcome but seldom implemented. Projects are started but once the ball is rolling, completion never happens.
If no one gets hurt, and production rolls along, nothing gets fixed.
Communication? Did you say something? – less
fun and fast paced
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Lebanon, INFebruary 4, 2014
I loved the multi tasking work and the fun people. The work was challenging sometimes but it was worth it. I learned a lot of time management skills and how to input data.
Carefully read these reviews about Burr Ridge
Purchasing (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: the people at the plant work very hard and are under appreciated at the corporate level
Cons: read the other reviews, they accurately sum up the cons.
If You Are Considering Working At The Burr Ridge Location, I Encourage You To Look Elsewhere. You Can Do Better Then Working At Cnh. Rather Than Going Into Details, I Will Summarize By Saying That Cnh Is The Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For.
STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MANAGER (Former Employee), RACINE WIJanuary 4, 2014
Cons: thieves and everyone lies
IF YOU WANT TO WORK FOR A SATANIC OUTFIT THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.
MANAGERS LIE CHEAT AND STEAL AND CUSTOMERS ARE SHEEP FOR SHEARING THEY WILL SELL OUT THEIR EMPLOYEES FOR A THIRD WORLD LOCATION AT A WHIM
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME THERE
very productive company
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), wichita kansasDecember 30, 2013
Fun work place, trained in house,offered lots of overtime and enjoyed working for them.
Challenging Work Environment with Many Opportunities
Business Area Manager, Assembly & Paint (Current Employee), Goodfield, ILDecember 2, 2013
Pros: good opportunity
Cons: long hours
A good company to work for except for consistently long hours and weekends.
i made good money there
Production Assembler (Former Employee), Burlington, IANovember 23, 2013
I liked working there. the people i worked around were nice. but the company did not care about me.
A company of "slave-drivers" that take full advantage of the 16 week probation period.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Fargo, North DakotaOctober 14, 2013
Pros: decent pay, half-way decent benefits. cafeteria.
Cons: a two-faced supervisor, intimidating and degrading trainer, always being rushed. back-stabbing or rude employees.
I should have read the writing on the wall on the first day I met my supervisor. He said that they had just gotten over a period where new employees had been "harrassed" by other employees at the plant. From the very first day that I worked on the assembly line, I was told that I was "too slow." You are taught a lot of things in a very short time, and – more... are expected to be 100% capable within five or six weeks They constantly threatened to get rid of me on a daily basis. You are supposed to complete a tractor in 30 to 40 minutes (which is about five or six pages of tasks). My trainer used to "shove" or "bump" me out of the way when I was going to slow, and he would constantly swear at me, and let me know how incompetent I was. My replacement on day shift was always complaining every day when I came in, until he finally got the hint that I didn't want to hear his mouth. You are constantly busy from the moment you start work. There is no time for standing around. You are paid to move fast and build tractors in a short period of time. Most of the new people were pretty cool, because they were pretty much in the same boat as me. Some of the veterans and people over their probation are not friendly and treat you like you are stupid, and not welcome at the place. I didn't notice any "brain activity" until I met the Night Business Manager, who seemed O.K. The supervisors were a joke, and tried to "lead by intimidation" like the other reviews pointed out. My supervisor was two-faced, misleading, and a liar. I don't know what the hardest part of my job was; the physically demanding number of units I had to put out, or the constant degrading I had to endure from my trainer. If you want to sell out your dignity, and be treated like livestock for decent pay, this is the perfect place to work. If you have half a brain, and a spine, you should RUN, not walk away from a place like this just like the other reviews state. Also, there is no having "fun" at the place. Management insists on a serious work environment ran like a communist regime. – less
Great professional workplace with great atmosphere.
Accountant's assistant (Former Employee), Racine, WISeptember 27, 2013
Pros: relaxed environment, but very professional. great productivity. cafeteria with great lunches.
Cons: sudden deadlines
I loved working at CNH. Here i was part of a team that was constantly communicating and working together. Almost every Co-worker was friendly, and was willing to help a little or provide a little advice. Although it was very professional, we also had a friendly atmosphere that took away from the stress of the work. The only hard part of the job was – more... around the end of the year when keeping track of all the requests coming in. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking on a new task as a team. In conclusion, my job at CNH was enjoyable with a productive and professional atmosphere. – less

1 2 3

About CNH

CNH Global (Case New Holland) is one of the world's largest makers of agricultural combines and tractors, as well as light-industrial – Read more