CNH

CNH Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Most frustrating place I ever worked!
Assembler (Current Employee), New Holland, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: music is allowed to be played on weekends. $5 off safety shoes. football is important.
Cons: world class manufacturing
All hourly workers are stupid. You don't know anything because you don't have a degree. If you are an engineer, you are also a supervisor. Doesn't matter if you have people skills or not.
Material handling is contracted out. They have their own agenda. Still haven't figured out what it is, but it is not working together to achieve company goals. .
Managers – more... are yes men. Can't say what needs to be said for fear of losing their jobs. Need to spend all of their time chasing down parts instead of doing their jobs.
Running with less people than needed to do the job is very important.
Contracted temporary workers are treated poorly.Training is horrible. Safety record is horrible.
Tools are worn out and very difficult to get replaced.Gloves are not readily available to workers.
Suggestions are welcome but seldom implemented. Projects are started but once the ball is rolling, completion never happens.
If no one gets hurt, and production rolls along, nothing gets fixed.
Communication? Did you say something? – less
fun and fast paced
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Lebanon, INFebruary 4, 2014
I loved the multi tasking work and the fun people. The work was challenging sometimes but it was worth it. I learned a lot of time management skills and how to input data.
Carefully read these reviews about Burr Ridge
Purchasing (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: the people at the plant work very hard and are under appreciated at the corporate level
Cons: read the other reviews, they accurately sum up the cons.
If You Are Considering Working At The Burr Ridge Location, I Encourage You To Look Elsewhere. You Can Do Better Then Working At Cnh. Rather Than Going Into Details, I Will Summarize By Saying That Cnh Is The Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For.
STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MANAGER (Former Employee), RACINE WIJanuary 4, 2014
Cons: thieves and everyone lies
IF YOU WANT TO WORK FOR A SATANIC OUTFIT THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.
MANAGERS LIE CHEAT AND STEAL AND CUSTOMERS ARE SHEEP FOR SHEARING THEY WILL SELL OUT THEIR EMPLOYEES FOR A THIRD WORLD LOCATION AT A WHIM
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME THERE
very productive company
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), wichita kansasDecember 30, 2013
Fun work place, trained in house,offered lots of overtime and enjoyed working for them.
Challenging Work Environment with Many Opportunities
Business Area Manager, Assembly & Paint (Current Employee), Goodfield, ILDecember 2, 2013
Pros: good opportunity
Cons: long hours
A good company to work for except for consistently long hours and weekends.
i made good money there
Production Assembler (Former Employee), Burlington, IANovember 23, 2013
I liked working there. the people i worked around were nice. but the company did not care about me.
A company of "slave-drivers" that take full advantage of the 16 week probation period.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Fargo, North DakotaOctober 14, 2013
Pros: decent pay, half-way decent benefits. cafeteria.
Cons: a two-faced supervisor, intimidating and degrading trainer, always being rushed. back-stabbing or rude employees.
I should have read the writing on the wall on the first day I met my supervisor. He said that they had just gotten over a period where new employees had been "harrassed" by other employees at the plant. From the very first day that I worked on the assembly line, I was told that I was "too slow." You are taught a lot of things in a very short time, and – more... are expected to be 100% capable within five or six weeks They constantly threatened to get rid of me on a daily basis. You are supposed to complete a tractor in 30 to 40 minutes (which is about five or six pages of tasks). My trainer used to "shove" or "bump" me out of the way when I was going to slow, and he would constantly swear at me, and let me know how incompetent I was. My replacement on day shift was always complaining every day when I came in, until he finally got the hint that I didn't want to hear his mouth. You are constantly busy from the moment you start work. There is no time for standing around. You are paid to move fast and build tractors in a short period of time. Most of the new people were pretty cool, because they were pretty much in the same boat as me. Some of the veterans and people over their probation are not friendly and treat you like you are stupid, and not welcome at the place. I didn't notice any "brain activity" until I met the Night Business Manager, who seemed O.K. The supervisors were a joke, and tried to "lead by intimidation" like the other reviews pointed out. My supervisor was two-faced, misleading, and a liar. I don't know what the hardest part of my job was; the physically demanding number of units I had to put out, or the constant degrading I had to endure from my trainer. If you want to sell out your dignity, and be treated like livestock for decent pay, this is the perfect place to work. If you have half a brain, and a spine, you should RUN, not walk away from a place like this just like the other reviews state. Also, there is no having "fun" at the place. Management insists on a serious work environment ran like a communist regime. – less
Great professional workplace with great atmosphere.
Accountant's assistant (Former Employee), Racine, WISeptember 27, 2013
Pros: relaxed environment, but very professional. great productivity. cafeteria with great lunches.
Cons: sudden deadlines
I loved working at CNH. Here i was part of a team that was constantly communicating and working together. Almost every Co-worker was friendly, and was willing to help a little or provide a little advice. Although it was very professional, we also had a friendly atmosphere that took away from the stress of the work. The only hard part of the job was – more... around the end of the year when keeping track of all the requests coming in. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking on a new task as a team. In conclusion, my job at CNH was enjoyable with a productive and professional atmosphere. – less
IT Contractor
Level III Senior Support and Application Packager (Current Employee), Racine, WIAugust 26, 2013
Typical contractor job. Typical contractor job. Typical contractor job. Typical contractor job. Typical contractor job. Typical contractor job. Typical contractor job. Typical contractor job. Typical contractor job. Typical contractor job. Typical contractor job. Typical contractor job.
Low pay,disposable workforce
Welder (Former Employee), Goodfield Il.July 29, 2013
Pros: none that i am concious of.
Cons: belittling supervisors, low pay, and knowing that you have no stability
Low class work environment with tyrannical bosses that give no respect to the workforce, constantly bounced around with little training, and no hope of full time, layoffs with no warning. Just a stop off to the next real job.
stressful but rewarding
Production Operator (Former Employee), Basildon, ENGJune 18, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours, stressful
Would work on the line all day , fitting parts to moving tractors.

Very stressfull and hard work. But the pay was very good.
Long hours without advancement
Packer (Former Employee), Lebanon, INApril 2, 2013
Pros: paychecks
Cons: hours, work every weekend
At CNH you work long hours plus everyweekend, including a lot of Sundays. It's very hard to become a full-time permanent employee, even after working 90 days. The company went thru many different supervisors and it was hard to get a department organized. I stood in one spot for up to 12 hours a day and just counted parts.
Disfunction and stress
Specialist (Current Employee), Racine, WIMarch 29, 2013
Pros: pay is decent + benefits
Cons: no raises, high stress, compensation and review systems are horrid
CNH is a mix of ok with some serious lows. If you are salaried, you can forget raises. CNH policy is to state employees are the most valuable asset but then hypocritically not give anyone raises. State they are a meritocracy and pay for performance, yet hypocritically are judged using a forced distribution that has no discernable tie to your actual – more... performance as the reviews are done in mid to late September when you haven't had time to accomplish anything yet. You can advance, but it is all about connections and not performance. Pay is decent, but don't forget the no raise part. Systems are a horrible mix of antiques that needed replacing 15 years ago. Very european centric meaning the europeans are considered superior over the lowly Americans even though North America smokes them in pretty much every business metric.
Lowdown is if you need a job, go for it. Then after 2 years, start looking elsewhere if you want a raise or recognition. – less
Productive, fast paced warehouse
Material Handler (Former Employee), Lebanon, INMarch 7, 2013
CNH was a good employer in regards to opportunity. They were not understanding to family issues if you could not be present that day or late. Other than that I have nothing but good things to say.
They pay you to listen not to think.
Welder (Current Employee), MinnesotaMarch 7, 2013
Pros: good pay 401k
Cons: mandatory overtime, layoffs, sent home when parts are delayed
I liken working at Case to living in the old Soviet Union. Everyone knows what we should do but we can't because the micromanaging plant manager says no. The human resource department is clueless and if anything antiproductive. The work itself is fine and the pay is good so if you can find a quiet corner to work in or if you can work an off shift you – more... can do well. If you come into frequent contact with one of the scapegoat production managers prepare to be confused. The would be fired if they spoke the truth, so they drink the kool-aid and we continue to ignore problems and pretend we are world class. – less
Great place to work now
Material Handler II/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Greenville, TXNovember 24, 2012
Pros: pay is good weekly pay
Cons: turnover is low. might have to start as a temp to get on
I worked there when it was Caterpillar Logistics and the pay wasn't that good. Now that CNH bought them out. Pay/Benefits are good..
Very toxic environment.
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILOctober 28, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: everything, excluding location.
Not an environment which is conducive to productivity. The challenge here is to determine how you're going to make ends meet year over year when the salary remains the same. Motto: WE ARE A MERITOCRACY". Promises of bonuses are made, however it is not dependent on individual contributions, but whether you're Italian (Fiat-owned) or not. Two distinct – more... policies for US and non-US employees. Mediocre is the norm. Originality, creativity, process improvement, and the hiring of experienced professional is strongly discouraged. – less
Painter, Primer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 21, 2012
Pros: cafeteria open 5 days per week, paid vacation, health plan, retirement plan, holidays, pay rate
Cons: short breaks, some dangerous conditions, layoffs
Plenty of production is done, for sure. As my resume states, I am a painter. Therefore, I spend most of my time in a paint booth, so all I usually see is moving parts on an overhead line. The hardest part of it all is keeping up, but at the same time, you are allowed to be on your own most of the time, which is enjoyable.
The worse place I have ever worked
Purchasing (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILOctober 20, 2012
Pros: none.
Cons: negative leadership behavior is rewarded. if i could rate with negative stars, i would.
Management is completely awful. It relies on intimidation tactics as a sort of management tool, that they expect this will work - long term. The corporate culture is unhealthy, and I have seen no signs that a healthy atmosphere could ever flourish - and this is corporate wide. Instead of training and positively encouraging a healthy atmosphere, managers – more... use intimidation to beat down your esteem - no one can work under these conditions for long. There is a constant revolving door of engineers and buyers coming in and out because they are leaving at an extremely alarming rate. In one period last summer, 7 people left in 5 weeks that I directly work with, and every March, dozens of people leave after they receive their bonuses. I would not send my arch enemy to work for this company. Human Resources is run by these same principles, so if there is any conflict, you are completely on your own. – less

1 2 3

About CNH

CNH Global (Case New Holland) is one of the world's largest makers of agricultural combines and tractors, as well as light-industrial – Read more