CMS Management Consulting Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
At CMS one has the greatest fun, learining and team spirit I have encountered in a long time .
Consultant (Current Employee), Any area where I have clientsMarch 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches, juice and prizes
Cons: difficult clientelle
CMS is a company that I would recommend to any one person that would like to join the Marketing Industry. There is on going training and updates of the latest and greatest. As consultants we go into the field fully trained as well as on the competitors product . Mondays, Wednesday and Thursday is our clients day and Tuesday we have a call-a-thon day whereby we make all our appointments for the week. Friday we have sale meetings and training. The management is always at a phone calls length away. They are prepared to visit our clients with us and offer moral support.
The hardest part of the job is letting our management down when we do not meet our targets.
We also have team buidling days with our co-workers and there is always music playing in the back ground and often a good moral is found amongst the workers.Co-workers often joind each other to a meeting for moral support when they do not have appointments.
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning and the fact that our management is always near and dear.
An innovative company that combines long standing Commercial HVAC/R practices, combined with todays latest technology.
Commercial HVAC/R Technician (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLOctober 14, 2013
Technicians are responsible to service and maintain Commercial accounts in a given territory. We would receive first call the night prior, via E-Mail on company provided phone and tablet. Dispatchers and management team provide support throughout the day. CMS is able to handle service calls around the clock, with energy management capabilities, and offsite technical support.
i enjoyed the challenge of working with new and foreign technologies, along with older commercial equipment still in use today.After working with CMS I will find it difficult to return to residential services.
High stress and 12 to 18 hour non resting shifts
Response Officer (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: good salary for a response company, lots of overtime, uniforms supplied.
Cons: many false alarms
Driving non stop for 12 hours a shift, responding to home alrams. Attending to customer calls and panics.
I've learned to manage a high volume of alarms, neglecting natural sleeping habits.
Management monitoring from a distance.
Co-workers are very proficiant in their works, and others neglect their duties and create a over flux of overtime.
The hardest part of the job, is keeping up with 12 hour shifts, driving and concentrating on safety of clients as well as myself.
The most enjoyable part of the job getting home safely.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK, NO MICRO MANAGING
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: SMALL BREAKFAST WAS ALWAYS AVAILABLE
Cons: NOWHERE TO GO FOR LUNCH IN SUCH A SHORT TIME
WHEN YOU COME IN, YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT ON A DAILY BASIS, I LEARNED TO APPLY EMPATHY WITH WITHOUT BECOMING TOO PERSONAL WITH CUSTOMERS, MANAGEMENT WAS ALWAYS PATING YOU ON THE BACK FOR A JOB WELL DONE, AND THANKED EVERYONE DAILY FOR THEIR WORK, CO WORKERS WERE VERY NICE, NEVER REALLY ANYTHING HARD ABOUT THE JOB, IT WAS AN ENJOYABLE PLACE TO WORK, MOST EMPLOYEES GOT ALONG GREAT.
Fun Times but short lived
Senior CAD Designer (Former Employee), Melville, NYJuly 12, 2012
Pros: benefits, always something new
Cons: conflicting ideals
Typical work day consisted of making working drawings for the AV engineers. I learned how AV systems work. Management was lacking in many areas. Co-workers were good for the most part but the revolving door was a problem. Hardest part of the job was making sure you were up to date with the constantly changing technological field. The most enjoyable part for me was working on CAD, going to see your drawings come to life, and the times co-workers had during our celebrations.
Coordinates the work of the After School Enrichment program staff. Plans and provides a daily program of nurturing and enriching experiences.
Site Coordinator at Albemarle Rd. Elementary (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2013
Pros: passion for working with kids.
Cons: need more money from cms to shop for kids.
Mantains staff schedule, arranges field trips and order supplies. Acts as program liaison with school day staff and principal. Confers with parents and acts as primary parent liaison. Conducts regular staff meetings, nutures creativity and professional growth in staff. Assures that school, state licensing and ASEP policies and procedures are properly followed.
Listing with resident on their concerns
Head of Maintenance at Eagle's Point Condiminiums (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLOctober 29, 2015
Pros: Working with people
Cons: No room for advancement.
Was please talking with the residents and taking care of their needs. Even though some of their request were not documented with official work orders, they were taken care of in a timely matter even if it was off the clock. I learned that while some concerns of the residents weren't as important than other request, non the less, they were important to the residents and all efforts were made to meet or exceed their needs.
Exceptional staff from President all the way down to the receptionist.
Senior Inspector/Project Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 28, 2015
Pros: Friendly and professional
CMS proved to be a very satisfying place of employment. The entire staff was friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the work project assignments.

Each and every staff member had input regarding project status and worked together seamlessly to complete project to the satisfaction of the owner.

Although I was brought onboard to fulfill contract requirements on an emergency needed basis, I would gladly return to work with CMS if the opportunity arises.
A great job but not a career.
Welder (Former Employee), Princeton, WVMarch 26, 2013
Pros: cross training, bonuses, shift work
Cons: benefits, pay, maagement
The company is willin to train new employees in several positions to make them more versital. A good place to start a fabriation career or if you need employment but it is not a place you want to spend much time at. How much you advance depends on how much the management likes you. They are lenient with rules depending on the situations. They understand some people have problems and try to work with them.
Small Family Company
Community Manager - Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: learning how to manage hoa board meetings
Cons: office conflicts
CMS Services is a small HOA Property Management Company in the Northern Virginia Metro Area. The company is ran by a married couple who are the President and Vice President and there daughter who is the office manager. The company is not ran very well. There is often open conflicts and arguments between management and employees. Can be a very uncomfortable environment to work in. I was able to hold HOA Board meeting in replace of the Manager on numerous occasions which I enjoyed.
DO NOT WORK AT CMS MECHANICAL SERVICES
Commercial HVAC R Technician (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: none to speak
Cons: everything
CMS Mechanical uses and abuses its employees. The company has one of the highest employee turnover rates in the industry, You are treated very poorly and its a Make us money, money and more money environment, with little regard to how many hours you have to work to achieve their goal. To this company you are a numbered producer and nothing more. Forget about advancement unless you are a top level a** kisser.
Productive and Motivative
Trainee Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee), Peshawar, PNWOctober 17, 2015
Pros: free advices
Cons: long term duty
it was fun to do work in the office with the seniors and got a lot to learn.i learned few efficent softwares from them and some management skill such as on primavera.as the admin was an engineer so he gave me tough part of the work so that i get used to it . the most enjoyable part of the job was accmoplishing work on time and we did it well .
My experience
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Cypress, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: it is busy
Cons: bad choice to ask outside company's to help
It was a good job. I wish there was more advancement opportunities that was the down fall as well as being purchased by other company's. many facilities closed down. I didn't feel secure in my position and that is key to my needs i need job security and advancement opportunities. It was nice to be looked upon for assisting management but not to be advanced was discouraging. I left to purse other options.
nice company
technical office engineer (Current Employee), cairo elmaadiAugust 6, 2013
Pros: many time we take incentives
Cons: long hours
Our day from 8.00 am to 4.30 pm divided between the site progress and technical office work.
I learned more about spec and treating with supplier .
Our management are cute and smart engineers.
My co workers is so active but not cooperation.
My hardest part of my job is tendering.
Reading about newest version of each system from suppliers.
The best job I ever had!
Controller/LEED AP (Former Employee), Woodinville, WAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: working with like-minded people, a total lack of micro-management, allowed to really get things accomplished.
Cons: none. other than our current economy - blew the whole plan sky high.
The typical day at work included lead generation, crew management, HR, billing, website design, talking with reps, customer relations, talking with everyone that called, project discussion and planning.
Its a greatb school to work for
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2014
Assisting with class and home work, I learned that education starts at home and finishes at school the management team is awesome in all aspects with making sure the school is safe and the parents are informed and updated with information. my coworkers are great people to work with and we work as a team. field trips with other schools making sure you keep up with your group at all times. teaching the children new things and their accomplishments.
cms professional staffing had great christmas parties for their staff.
RN Staff Nurse i worked for cms 2 times (Former Employee), Lake City, FLJuly 2, 2013
Pros: security, always work out there.
Cons: working behind the prison walls.
cms dealt with most fo the prisions in north central florida. I guess the hardest part of the job was the clanging of the iron doors, most of the inmates wood respect the nurses. I just got to the point where I did not want to do prison nursing.
easy place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2013
Pros: got to work with my dad
Cons: hard work in hot weather
It was a simple routine most of the day, just moving catalytic converters from box to box for counting and checking. It taught me how to be around a working environment, and i believe i was handling it well. Everyone was nice and easy to work with. The hardest part was adjusting to the weight of some of parts. All in all the whole job was enjoyable while i was there.
Love the location and coworkers
Administrative Assistant/HR coordinator (Current Employee), Westover, MDNovember 13, 2014
I really love my job for the most part but the company that took the contract in 2012 makes it nearly impossible to do an effective job. My position (at my site) is high demand given it's nature and when the rules keep changing from higher up...sometimes on a day to day basis...it's truly difficult to keep up.
Great Company
Owner (Current Employee), Littleton, COSeptember 20, 2015
Pros: Being my own boss
Cons: Being in charge
As owner I say this is the best company that I have ever worked for.
It can be hard being in charge, but very rewarding.

Typical day is going to property, estimating and giving client bid. Starting project, getting crews together, supervising work. When job is done, walking with client and invoicing when job is complete.