Clydesdale Bank Employee Reviews

Sadly going down hill
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 July 2017
Used to be a good place to work, but sadly not now. New CEO bringing in sweeping changes but old culture remains which has adverse affect on customer facing roles. Technology and systems are poor & counterproductive. Cliques are rife and annual target / scorecard are so unrealistic and so manipulated that morale (particularly in customer facing roles) is rock bottom. Change is predominately implemented for the benefit of Management, and is not beneficial to employees (and ultimately customers) who (try) to enforce these. Unrealistic increase in workload for some depts but no solutions seem to be in place. Giving feedback to management is worthless as this is never acted upon.
Pros
City Centre locations
Cons
culture
Could do better as an employer
Senior Mortgage Adviser (Former Employee) –  Scotland20 June 2017
As an organisation they were very good at talking the talk about developing staff, rewards, opportunities and work life balance, however when it came to putting this into practice it left a lot to be desired.

Unachievable targets that were increased each year, systems that were not fit for purpose.
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
lack of support from management
good workplace
bank officer (Former Employee) –  Alloa, Clackmannanshire12 June 2017
enjoyed work life balance for over 33 years.Learned good skills providing a customer focussed service and use of banking systems and adhereing to FCA regulations
Narrow minded and backwards management
Operations and IT Graduate Scheme (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow29 May 2017
Was on a promising scheme but I left because of the management.

The management is incredibly racist and narrow minded- they live in another generation. The company is run on politics and cliques.

It is an inbred environment which promotes who you know over what you know- this determines promotions and end of year reviews. They are afraid of change and you have middle aged people clinging on to their desks terrified of new ideas and people.

Stay clear if you want to work for an ethical company.
Pros
Hours are stable
Cons
Horribly managed and terribly low wages
PPI administrator/case handler (Current Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow27 May 2017
The place is horribly managed. Ops managers being very unprofessional. They do not care about the staff they care about productivity we are all numbers to them. The wages are very low and there is no progression or any opportunities in that place. The whole operation is a total shambles.
Workplace culture thrives on favouritism. A few favourites will normally get promotions and support from the management.
Pros
Cons
terrible management and low wages
Busy work place
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire2 May 2017
Good job great benefits. Fantastic staff. Flexible working was avaliable after returning of maternity leave and management where very helpfull during this time.
Pleasant place to work
customer service officer (Former Employee) –  Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire2 May 2017
5 weeks holiday and bank holidays. Full training given. Typical day is 9 to 5 with an hour for lunch. Annual pay rise and company bonus. You had to reach targets daily.
Pros
Reasonable working hours
Cons
It was a lot of travelling into work.
loved the customer contact
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire5 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Clydesdale Bank. Only left due to having children. The branch was very friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed working as part of a team aswell as an individual.
Productive and challanging place to work
SO1 (Current Employee) –  Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire31 March 2017
Clydesdale Bank is a good company to work for if you are looking to learn new skills and gain some finance/banking experience.

It is a good place to develop your customer service skills and admin skills too.
Pros
Friendly place to learn and develop more skills and experience.
Cons
Not much room for progression in certain areas, low pay for what is expected.
Good at times,
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland30 March 2017
Not very professional at times
Poor pay compared to other banks
Management make decisions without testing them their selves first- hence why a lot of problems occur
Pros
Good with hours
Cons
Poor management
Short term Assignments
WebSphere Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, UK16 March 2017
I enjoy working with my client Clydesdale bank as however I am looking for a change due to various factors and one among them is short team assignments.
sales orientated
Head Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Stonehaven15 February 2017
The job itself was enjoyable however as sales targets were the main driver the role became quite difficult and pressured
Hard work but rewarding
Case Handler (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 February 2017
The processes change a lot so its difficult at times to adjust. Managers do take into account suggestions for improving processes. I managed to get some things changed during my time there.
Pros
good salary and team leaders are friendly
Cons
targets are hard to achieve
Good organisation
Data Gatherer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 January 2017
Good managers and a fun environment to work in. Even working a night shift its been good so far and long may it continue.
Helped by a team leader who gets what it takes to run a team hitting targets whilst remaining calm and confident.
Pros
Good environmen
Cons
Dull and not a very fair place to work
Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire27 December 2016
I do not enjoy working for this company day to day is very boring and you do the same stuff everyday. The job i do is like im just a robot doing the job. we are timed for everything we do everyday and we have to fill out a sheet to say how many we did in a day to get our productivity.

They make changes that are not needed resulting in cost to the company for no reason i feel. The only good part about the job is the people you work with but even then as you are timed and my job is very busy i we dont really get a chance to talk or get to know each other in anyway.

They seem to be all about the customer which i have no problem about as we should care about the customer although they don't see to care about the staff and there opinions etc which i dont agree with.
Pros
team lunches sometimes
Vast array of commercial skills and event management
Private Banking Relationship manager (Current Employee) –  Devon9 November 2016
I love to meet people and build relationships/rapport and believe this is a key skill for anyone to be successful in their role.
I enjoyed varied days, in and out of the office meeting people and structuring my own diary for the week and month ahead.
Good progression opportunities
Mortgage sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow9 October 2016
Clydesdale bank is a good company to work for, there is always progression and a number of different department, therefore when you feel you have achieved the most in your department you can progress to somewhere new
Poor company
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh21 September 2016
Awful company to work for who give false promises of advancement and progression. Not enjoyable and the staff look down on you.
Productive and fun
PPI Case Handler (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 August 2016
I enjoyed my time with Clydesdale Bank and made friends with everyone I worked with there was always a great atmosphere and lively envriroment to work within.
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
Night shift hours
awful job
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridge of Weir18 August 2016
not much to give
learnt what it wa slike in a retail environment.
managment not great and talk about other people in other branches same as staff.
no hard parts
enjoyable part was handing my notice to them