Clydesdale Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good workplace.
PPI IR Administrator (Former Employee), GlasgowApril 19, 2016
Pros: A fair wage and friendly office. Good experience for me as I am still young.
Cons: I was only supply staff and thus the job was not secure. It was a worry on my mind.
I enjoyed my time with Clydesdale Bank. I found it easy to get along with all of my colleagues and the work was manageable, albeit busy and hectic.
Very target driven & hard working
Admin Data Gatherer & Handler (Current Employee), GlasgowApril 13, 2016
Pros: Good management, Free lunches or Team Dinners
Cons: Long Hours
Typical day in the life of being a Clydesdale employee we make sure ever single case is handled with 100% attention so we are treating customers fairly and giving them the correct outcome,

My colleagues are great to work with as everyone is striving for the same thing and helping each other out

Hardest part of the job is maintaining our 100% QC checks as every file submitted is pulled for quality checking
Brand new role
Project Analyst (Current Employee), GlasgowMarch 24, 2016
I enjoy my job however it is a brand new job role to the company and i feel that it isn't as structured as i would have preferred.

My co - workers were great and were supportive.

The hardest art of the job is trying to establish a newly implemented role that managers didn't have the time to ivest in.
Typical banking experiance
Senior Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Edinburgh AirportMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Engaging with the public
Cons: Sales
I feel that my time in the bank was most enjoyable and I was able to develop my now ingrained skills for dealing with the public.
The hardest part of the job was the sales pitches when I really felt that the customer didn't need/ require the service that was being promoted.
clydesdale bank
customer service officer (Current Employee), glasgow districtMarch 1, 2016
Pros: good pension & incentives
Cons: can be hard to get results sometimes
cash out sign on computer, serve customers, phoning customers, dealing with any problems customers might have which may involve using your own initiative to know were to go to get the answer customer is looking for , seeing something through from start to finish which is what a customer wants the same person dealing with them from start to finish, informing customers of products which could benefit them even save them money ,looking after there best interest . the hardest part of the job is when you can,t do anything to help the customer and you have tried but there is nothing that can be done to help, the most enjoyable part is when you go that extra mile for the customer and get the result they were hoping for . you have to be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own .
Fast paced environment with great people and good hours
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), GlasgowDecember 31, 2015
Pros: Customer interaction, all round friendly environment
Cons: Dealing with heavy coin bags
Cash Assistant dealing with customer enquiries & transactions. Handling bulk cash transactions and refilling the ATM.
Review
Operational Support Consultant (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTOctober 23, 2015
Good place to work overall, good people and definitely a decent employer in the industry. There is nothing more really to say other than stated above as it is all purely dependant on the role held and business area.
Productive and Life balance
Senior Test Analyst (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTOctober 23, 2015
Pros: team outings
Cons: long hours
Productive and Life balance. good work culture.
Decent amount of red tape and politics.
Enjoyable environment. Good support with my colleagues.
Good place to work for
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee), NW-EnglandOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Good work culture, good management, good hours
Cons: Pay, lack of progression
It's a good place to work for however with the bank being smaller in comparison to other banks(Nat west, Santander etc) the chance of progression is pretty low. Sales targets are fairly strict but are achievable, sometimes sales are more important than customer service but depends on the branch you work in. Great work culture and pretty good management style.
productive and allows personal results
Bank Officer (Current Employee), Inverurie, SCTJuly 17, 2015
Pros: In control of your own work, Like the achievements
Cons: Too much emphasis on sales at any cost.
Good friends to work with but sales seem to be more important than customer service. Customers can often be put off by tellers pressing products which may not be suitable to individuals.
n/a
Mortgage Advice / Customer Service advisor (Current Employee), KilmarnockJune 16, 2015
My experience at working for Clydesdale Bank, is hard to describe as its both good and bad, the good parts are is the work load and feeling like you are making a real difference to people lives and helping them with any issues they may have. On the other hand its full of rules that you feel shouldn't be there to be able to assist customers with their needs, this can become frustrating as it often makes it hard to resolve the customers issues as quickly as possible and can cause the customers dissatisfaction with this.
Good Team Unit
Service Officer (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTApril 7, 2014
I worked in a small switching team unit dealing with the switching of accounts between other banks. Mainly dealing with the data inputting side of the process. Ensuring customers overdraft limits and account details were up to date and accurate.
• Servicing Clydesdale Bank customers bank accounts
Banking Advisor (Former Employee), KilmarnockAugust 14, 2013
• Servicing Clydesdale Bank customers bank accounts
• Dealing with overdraft, credit card and loan applications
• Dealing with customer complaints
always busy
Customer service adviser (Former Employee), bathgate, west lothianJune 27, 2013
assisting customers with all bank queries. always busy and friendly environment to work
productive and fun workplace
despatch clerk (Former Employee), head office glasgowJune 16, 2012
Pros: work as required
Cons: long hours
was driver messenger deliver and pick up internal mail various locations based in livingston too far to travel
depending on location it's alwrite to work for
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), InverurieJune 11, 2012
Pros: staff account's / mortagae
Cons: some of the management.
Some of the management are hard to get on with, but it's not a to bad place to work.
Good start to a career
associate (Current Employee), edinburghMay 9, 2012
The grad programme allowed a good rounded introduction to finance and working in a financial environment.