Clydesdale Bank Employee Reviews

Good progression opportunities
Mortgage sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow9 October 2016
Clydesdale bank is a good company to work for, there is always progression and a number of different department, therefore when you feel you have achieved the most in your department you can progress to somewhere new
Poor company
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh21 September 2016
Awful company to work for who give false promises of advancement and progression. Not enjoyable and the staff look down on you.
Productive and fun
PPI Case Handler (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 August 2016
I enjoyed my time with Clydesdale Bank and made friends with everyone I worked with there was always a great atmosphere and lively envriroment to work within.
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
Night shift hours
awful job
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridge of Weir18 August 2016
not much to give
learnt what it wa slike in a retail environment.
managment not great and talk about other people in other branches same as staff.
no hard parts
enjoyable part was handing my notice to them
stressful but fun
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen13 June 2016
Have always worked with a great team of people in my various roles with the Clydesdale. Unfortunately with my family life changing the role offers no flexibility to working times, hence why I am looking for another role.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sales
Productive and fun workplace
Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  Hawick21 April 2016
Everyday is different. Always something new to learn. Couldn't ask for better co-workers. Not just people I work with but also close friends. Feel as though you are all part of one team. The hardest part of the job for me is when you are not able to help people in the way that they would like.
Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing everyone that walks through the door which makes them not only customers but but people you could consider friends.
A good workplace.
PPI IR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 April 2016
I enjoyed my time with Clydesdale Bank. I found it easy to get along with all of my colleagues and the work was manageable, albeit busy and hectic.
Pros
A fair wage and friendly office. Good experience for me as I am still young.
Cons
I was only supply staff and thus the job was not secure. It was a worry on my mind.
Very target driven & hard working
Admin Data Gatherer & Handler (Current Employee) –  Glasgow13 April 2016
Typical day in the life of being a Clydesdale employee we make sure ever single case is handled with 100% attention so we are treating customers fairly and giving them the correct outcome,

My colleagues are great to work with as everyone is striving for the same thing and helping each other out

Hardest part of the job is maintaining our 100% QC checks as every file submitted is pulled for quality checking
Pros
Good management, Free lunches or Team Dinners
Cons
Long Hours
Brand new role
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glasgow24 March 2016
I enjoy my job however it is a brand new job role to the company and i feel that it isn't as structured as i would have preferred.

My co - workers were great and were supportive.

The hardest art of the job is trying to establish a newly implemented role that managers didn't have the time to ivest in.
Typical banking experiance
Senior Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Airport18 March 2016
I feel that my time in the bank was most enjoyable and I was able to develop my now ingrained skills for dealing with the public.
The hardest part of the job was the sales pitches when I really felt that the customer didn't need/ require the service that was being promoted.
Pros
Engaging with the public
Cons
Sales
clydesdale bank
customer service officer (Current Employee) –  glasgow district1 March 2016
cash out sign on computer, serve customers, phoning customers, dealing with any problems customers might have which may involve using your own initiative to know were to go to get the answer customer is looking for , seeing something through from start to finish which is what a customer wants the same person dealing with them from start to finish, informing customers of products which could benefit them even save them money ,looking after there best interest . the hardest part of the job is when you can,t do anything to help the customer and you have tried but there is nothing that can be done to help, the most enjoyable part is when you go that extra mile for the customer and get the result they were hoping for . you have to be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own .
Pros
good pension & incentives
Cons
can be hard to get results sometimes
Fast paced environment with great people and good hours
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow31 December 2015
Cash Assistant dealing with customer enquiries & transactions. Handling bulk cash transactions and refilling the ATM.
Pros
Customer interaction, all round friendly environment
Cons
Dealing with heavy coin bags
Review
Operational Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT23 October 2015
Good place to work overall, good people and definitely a decent employer in the industry. There is nothing more really to say other than stated above as it is all purely dependant on the role held and business area.
Productive and Life balance
Senior Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT23 October 2015
Productive and Life balance. good work culture.
Decent amount of red tape and politics.
Enjoyable environment. Good support with my colleagues.
Pros
team outings
Good place to work for
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  NW-England19 October 2015
It's a good place to work for however with the bank being smaller in comparison to other banks(Nat west, Santander etc) the chance of progression is pretty low. Sales targets are fairly strict but are achievable, sometimes sales are more important than customer service but depends on the branch you work in. Great work culture and pretty good management style.
Pros
Good work culture, good management, good hours
Cons
Pay, lack of progression
productive and allows personal results
Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  Inverurie, SCT17 July 2015
Good friends to work with but sales seem to be more important than customer service. Customers can often be put off by tellers pressing products which may not be suitable to individuals.
Pros
In control of your own work, Like the achievements
Cons
Too much emphasis on sales at any cost.
n/a
Mortgage Advice / Customer Service advisor (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock16 June 2015
My experience at working for Clydesdale Bank, is hard to describe as its both good and bad, the good parts are is the work load and feeling like you are making a real difference to people lives and helping them with any issues they may have. On the other hand its full of rules that you feel shouldn't be there to be able to assist customers with their needs, this can become frustrating as it often makes it hard to resolve the customers issues as quickly as possible and can cause the customers dissatisfaction with this.
Good Team Unit
Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT7 April 2014
I worked in a small switching team unit dealing with the switching of accounts between other banks. Mainly dealing with the data inputting side of the process. Ensuring customers overdraft limits and account details were up to date and accurate.
• Servicing Clydesdale Bank customers bank accounts
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock14 August 2013
• Servicing Clydesdale Bank customers bank accounts
• Dealing with overdraft, credit card and loan applications
• Dealing with customer complaints
always busy
Customer service adviser (Former Employee) –  bathgate, west lothian27 June 2013
assisting customers with all bank queries. always busy and friendly environment to work