ClubLink Corporation

ClubLink Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

No communication
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONJuly 20, 2016
Overall a good experience; the hours are fair and I met lots of good people. However, there is little room for advancement. Zero communication between departments. In addition, the management has no respect, often talking-down to other staff.
To Be Avoided
Turf Care (Former Employee) –  Every LocationApril 22, 2016
Do not support this company. They are hiring the worst of the worst to lead them. Granted, if your brain is functioning, your job will be guaranteed.
Pros
Free Golf IF You Pass All The Exams
Cons
long hours, inexperienced people in charge, no communication ability, laughably disfunctional from every angle
No Communication
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2016
There is little to no communication within the company when it comes to advancement or internal candidates. There is no leader; the worse employees keep getting promoted.
Fun place to work but low pay
Former employee (Former Employee) –  VariousDecember 19, 2015
Great management at my last property, but terrible pay and long hours. Today's economy does not allow one to have a clublink career with the low pay. Great place for students looking for a summer job, but that's about it.
Pros
Amazing management, meals covered, free golf
Cons
Terrible pay, long hours
Difficult place to work.
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONNovember 30, 2015
Poor communication within management, leading to difficult days & no understanding of the events.

Communication & structure are key

co-workers have similar complaints
Pros
fun & social
Cons
long hours, no communtication
Fun place to work just do not get trapped
Pro Shop Attendant (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONNovember 10, 2015
I worked for the ClubLink Corporation for four long years. It started out as a very positive experience, working alongside a great group of people dedicated to what they do. When you are young making minimum wage, but, there is free golf you learn to accept the long hours, the lack of respect, and the terrible pay. But as you hit your twenties and the hours get longer, your role gets more detailed/demanding, and the pay does not change, it is time to get out. I think I probably stuck around just a little to long, however, I see people who are going to be with this company for years and its saddening. This corporation does not grow talent it gets lucky stumbling upon it and hopes it stays long enough so it can meet its bottom line. To those looking to work for ClubLink I would say this. Only work there if you are planning on bridging the gap between jobs or you love golf. On top of this, I would say make sure you have an exit strategy because it is so easy to get sucked into sticking around with these guys even though the job is so dead end.
Pros
Free golf, great working environment, great co-workers
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay, stressful, no room for advancement
Love my co workers - the best people to work with
Member Services Associate (Current Employee) –  King City, ONAugust 5, 2015
I have learned a lot since starting to work at ClubLink. The Staff is great and I enjoy working with them.
We are all hard working and caring people.
Not only there for our members...there for each other as well.
Pros
Birthday's and Snack days
Cons
Under paid for the work we do
great place to work
TURF LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Glen Abbey Golf Course, Oakville On.November 26, 2014
I've worked at Glen Abbey Golf Course in Oakville since 2001 as a Turf Labourer and since April 2005 on a seasonal full time basis. I enjoy working outside where the only stress I have is the stress I put on myself to help make Glen Abbey the best golf course in Canada for our members and guests to enjoy. The 2014 season is now over and I am looking for employment in the off-season until I am recalled to the golf course at the end of March 2015 when we start getting ready to host the 2015 Canadian Open in July.
Fun place to work easy going people but horrible hours and pay
Turf staff (Former Employee) –  Durham regionSeptember 4, 2014
This is a great job if you enjoy the outdoors . But you will have to be there very early and do HARD labour for minimum wage considering they work you 88 hours too with 2 days off every 12 days . They are really not looking at taking care of employees, I spent over $150 on clothes just to come in to find out I had to pay $100 for a uniform. other than that the staff and management is excellent
Pros
free golf
Cons
long hours, 1 break after 5-6 hours, work ran or shine, minimum wage for hard labour
Excellent workplace environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 27, 2014
Company is very employee and client oriented. Health & Safety is a well determined area. Supervisors are well trained and pass the knowledge along to employees.
Fun workplace with great outdoor environment.
Backshop- Golf Operations (Former Employee) –  Alberton, ONMarch 6, 2014
Perfect for students and golf enthusiasts. Spend your days facilitating and enjoying the game of golf with the members.
Working in the Heron Point Backshop is one of the best summer job a high school or college student could ask for.
Pros
being outside on a beautiful golf course.
Cons
weather influences work hours.
Exciting place to work with caring co-workers.
Revenue Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  King City, ONJanuary 15, 2013
I gained a lot of valuable experience working at Clublink. I performed bank reconciliations for six golf clubs. Sometimes I would help other co-workers with their bank reconciliations. I would audit the POS record with the company's internal database. Any discrepancies would be dealt with promptly by communicating with the individual club.
Pros
laid back work environment, friendly people, quiet
Good management, fun place to work and interact with members and customers.
Server (Former Employee) –  King City, ONSeptember 6, 2012
Tough hours, great co-workers but mainly female. Physically and mentally demanding work, but rewarding at times.
Review
Member Events Coordinator/Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONAugust 7, 2012
did lots of work, helped customers, and dealt with lots of cash, and basically sold lots of clubs.\
exemplaire
aide a la cuisine (Current Employee) –  Mont-tremblant, QCApril 24, 2013
site enchanteur, avantage de jouer au golf organisation evenements spéciaux pour les employés bon entente avec tous les menbres du personnels administrtion, turf, boutique, menbres, la direction
Pros
belle equipe tres bonne collaboration
Cons
saisonnier