Position: Breakfast Chef
Reports to: Executive Chef / Sous Chef
Purpose: To complete duties as directed by the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in order to facilitate the daily production of food service.
- Report to kitchen workstation at scheduled times, so maintaining desired kitchen efficiency.
- Complete in a timely manner all tasks as directed by the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner especially during service times so as to maintain consistently high food quality standards.
- Comply with kitchen manuals, recipe and prep sheets, daily work sheets, kitchen procedures, cleaning schedules and all other duties required to successfully execute daily routines in an efficient kitchen.
- Assist as required with receiving deliveries and thoroughly checking invoices for product quality, quantity and price.
- Maintain efficient stock controlling methods for all kitchen-related products, specifically towards maintaining shelf life (especially with highly perishable items), practice efficient stock rotating methods to avoid wastage and spoilage. Label and date all food items.
- Maintain all food items at the approved temperature, to prevent contamination or health risks.
- Attend and proactively contribute to weekly kitchen meetings.
- Communicate professionally and directly with the Executive Chef, Sous Chef and food & beverage team on all food service issues, and liase daily on all function requirements.
- Take pride in your work, work area and your position at all times. It is imperative that you conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times and represent yourself, kitchen team, club and ClubLink in the highest degree.
- It is requested that you treat all information and material related to your club, ClubLink Corporation and employees with utmost confidentiality.
- Technical training at the highest level of culinary arts, supported by professional qualifications.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in food & beverage operations, preferably with a proven track record in similar high-class establishments.
- Dedicated to an extremely high level and standard of food quality and consistency.
- Highly creative and motivated towards leading edge food styles.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and team leadership skills.
- Due to ClubLink’s on-going development and acquisitions of high profile properties Career advancement within ClubLink is continually promoted based on your skill level and future professional goals.
Hours and Days of work:
- Varying on a weekly scheduled basis, and reflective of seasonal business requirements.
Indeed - 15 months ago