ClubRunner is looking for motivated and innovative people to join our team. Our team needs a technical writer who will be responsible for all the documentation created and maintained for a variety of purposes and audiences.
The ideal candidate will have exceptionally strong written communication skills. They will also have good time management and project management skills that allow them to handle multiple projects at a time, and comfortable with deadlines. A high level of familiarity with web technology and software concepts and terminology will be an asset. Although they are not expected to be subject matter experts, good product knowledge is an integral part of the technical writing responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain product documentation, user guides, and manuals
- Create and maintain product instructional articles in our online knowledgebase
- Prepare instructional video and webinar scripts
- Create blog posts and corporate newsletters
- Create and maintain internal manuals and procedure checklists
- Assist with proposals and RFPs
- Prepare presentation templates, slides, charts, and diagrams
- Manage overall style guides and templates for consistent corporate and product communication
- General copy writing and proof-reading as needed
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure accuracy and quality of all communication
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Snagit, Camtasia, diagramming, and charting tools
- * Very good familiarity and understanding of web technology, concepts and terminologies such as websites, content-management systems, HTML, and other related concepts
- Good time management skills to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Active interest in technology and online media
Experience and Education
- Technical writing experience is an asset but not required
- University or college degree in a field related to writing (such as English, Journalism, Communications or Technical writing) is an asset but not required
Salary Range: $29,000 to $37,000 based on skills and experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio or samples of your work. Candidates selected for an interview will undergo a practical review to evaluate their verbal and written communication skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ClubRunner is the award-winning provider of membership software for the non-profit and small to medium size business market. Our solutions range from full-featured content management systems, to communication tools, membership management, event management and registration, and more. We pride ourselves on using the best technology available to deliver great solutions backed by an exceptional customer experience.
With impressive growth in North America and worldwide, we are looking to expand our dynamic and vibrant team with talented and passionate people. The company’s growth offers long-term career and personal development opportunities for motivated and driven individuals. We have a fast-paced and creative work environment with lots of new projects on the go to keep it exciting and fun!
2060 Winston Park Drive, Unit 102
Oakville, ON L6H 5R7